Is there a tutorial for using the advanced filter in Excel?

I cannot make the advanced filter command work per instructions in the help
file.  Is there a tutorial that shows every keystroke in an example with
results?
0
waltf (2)

Don't know about every keystroke, but Debra Dalgliesh's tutorials are
pretty good:

    http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

In article <8CEC9D58-3AA2-45E9-9772-59586450C915@microsoft.com>,
 "waltf" <waltf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I cannot make the advanced filter command work per instructions in the help
> file.  Is there a tutorial that shows every keystroke in an example with
> results?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
11/21/2004 9:35:35 PM
You can start here:
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html
A web search will likely yield more results.

tj

"waltf" wrote:

> I cannot make the advanced filter command work per instructions in the help
> file.  Is there a tutorial that shows every keystroke in an example with
> results?
0
tjtjjtjt (488)
11/21/2004 9:45:05 PM

"waltf" wrote:

> I cannot make the advanced filter command work per instructions in the help
> file.  Is there a tutorial that shows every keystroke in an example with
> results?
0
waltf5 (1)
11/21/2004 9:57:03 PM

"waltf" wrote:

> I cannot make the advanced filter command work per instructions in the help
> file.  Is there a tutorial that shows every keystroke in an example with
> results?
0
waltf (2)

Excel hangs when manipulating large spreadsheets
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am running an updated version of Excel 2008 (version 12.2.3) on an Intel Core 2 Duo iMac (4GB memory, 320 GB hard drive w/165 GB available). When I am working with a moderate sized workbook (17 MB, 21,000 rows x 26 columns) of data Excel will hang when I attempt to copy and paste sections of the spreadsheet or attempt to copy a function across all the rows of the spreadsheet. The files were originally xlsx files. I saved them to xlsb files but am still having the same problem. Activity monitor shows that E...

Excel 2003 upgrade
Upgrade from Excel 2000 to Excel 2003. Upon opening previously existing spreadsheet from "MY Documents, we get an error ".....Too many records, cannot import complete file." The data is truncated. Originally 150 rows (records) now 108. If we open Excel and then open the file, we do not get the error message, but data is still truncated -- Regards, Rod Smothers ...

Excel Web Queries
I know how to setup Excel 2002 web queries from sites that are publicl available. The question is: *can you setup web queries linked to a we site that is private (i.e. you need a password to access it) such a your private portfolio in Morningstar or similar sites? -- rpensott ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rpensotti's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1464 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26267 ...

Excel VB
I have produced a table, Data, which automatically generates a char using Macro's and VB. However, I am trying to add more rows to increas the size of the chart but unfortunatly, I cannot get the chart range to increase automatically. Something that I would like to do. I have attached the file to hopefully help. By clicking onto the Macro Update, I would like to update the chart even if and when new rows ar added to the table in Data. I think that the problem lies in Name Ranges and I have added '*' t where in the macro I think that the problem is. Is there anyone who can hel...

Finding duplicate records in Excel
I know how to find duplicate records in Access but, for a broad-range project that I shall be working on Excel, is the way I want to go. I shall be mergind data from various sources and I will want to find and eliminate duplicate entries. I did not find any answers under Google groups. Can someone point me to reference material(s) regarding this topic? KG http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm And from Google search...... http://snipurl.com/bjjc Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 11:15:01 -0800, "KG" <...

Excel template has no pagesetup when opening from VB
Could anybody help me how to get back the pagesetup of a template? I have a VB application to create a workbook from a template. When I launch the from VB, it works fine to get back the pagesetup from the template with: oWorkBook=oExcelApp.WorkBooks.Open (Filename:="myWorkbook.xlt", Edittable:=False) oWorkBook.Sheets(1).PageSetup.LeftHeader containes the defined header from the template But when I launch the compiled EXE oWorkBook.Sheets(1).PageSetup.LeftHeader containes an empty string. Any idea? Thanks for any help! ...

Display form from an VB application in Excel
Dear All, I have the following problem with a macro. I hope somebody may help me. Problem: I want to display a VBA form created in an VB application on top of an Excel worksheet to enter some information. But when I show the form after opening the Excel workbook, the macro automatically switches back to the application showing this form (and not on top of the Excel workbook). Code: .... 'Open Excel workbook Set xlS = clsApp.GetApplication("excel.Application") Set xlsWB = xlS.Workbooks.Open(filename) xlS.Visible = True 'Show form on top of that Excel workbook frm.Show vbMod...

Excel bug: conditional formatting
When using conditional formatting with more than more formula, the formatting ceases to go through all conditions once one condition becomes true. This isn't the same behavior as when cell values are used. This to me is a bug, but if this is intended, it should at least be an option to continue through all conditions. The behaviour is the same when cell values are used. For example: Condition 1: Cell Value Is greater than 10 Format: Bold Condition 2: Cell Value Is greater than 20 Format: Red Condition 3: Cell Value Is greater than 30 Format: Italic A cell that contains a...

Junk Filters for IMAP?
One of my accounts is IMAP. Is there a way to use Junk Filters on it? I want to be able to right-click and add sender to the junk filters list. Lady Dungeness Crabby, but Great Legs! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Not 100% sure but I don't think the Junk Filters work on IMAP accounts <LadyDungeness@Fish.Net> wrote in message news:2k70c3pm17hsm54ojr31kk0q2r2enken72@4ax.com... > One of my accounts is IMAP. Is there a way to use Junk Filters on it? > I want to be able to right-click and add sender to the junk filters > list. LadyDungeness@Fish.Net <LadyDungeness@Fish.Net...

Print filtered records
Hi All, Sorry if this is a dumb question but I can't figure it out. I have a form with a button that switches to a report for printing. So far, so good. If I use Filter By Form to restrict the records returned on the form, is there a way I can have my report show only the filtered records? Thanks. On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 08:19:02 -0800, Gina K wrote: > Hi All, > > Sorry if this is a dumb question but I can't figure it out. I have a form > with a button that switches to a report for printing. So far, so good. If I > use Filter By Form to restrict the records r...

Form #1 that filters form #2
I have a form #1 customers and form #2 orders. I put a button on form #1 to open form #2 filtered but customerID. However, when I go to data enter the second...tenth customers the order form does not save the information into table or form. What am I doing wrong and How can I correct this problem? On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:09:01 -0800, Jennifer <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a form #1 customers and form #2 orders. I put a button on form #1 to >open form #2 filtered but customerID. However, when I go to data enter the >second...tenth customers th...

using outlookweb access
Hi, i don't know if any one can help me on this. Here it is. I am using microsoft Outlook webaccess to access my e- mail from the office while i am at home. But i also want to be able to browse my company's network at home also, and have access to files and folders,so that i can do work from home. Is this possible. Please resond, this is very urgent. They could set up VPN for you... "Anna" <annam@patnt.com> wrote in message news:04ed01c3a391$ed4a70d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, i don't know if any one can help me on this. Here it > is. I am using micros...

How to download & use old product key
I bought my version of Office 2007 in Nov. 2008. New laptop came today. I still have the old product key, but can't access my purchase history on the website. How can I download & install Office 2007 on this new computer with my old product key? I'm ONLY going to be using this new laptop from here on out. Did you keep all the downloaded files on the old laptop? Do you have the original e-mail with the download instructions? Have you tried contacting Digital River? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intac...

Excel - Array Formulas - Freeze
Hi all I have a big problem. It takes about 30 minutes to save my excel fil because I have many array formula: about 32 000! So do you have a ti to accelerate the computing process? Is a VBA function would do i faster? Here is an example of what I use: Col A contain unique numbers Sheet 1: Col A Col B Col C Row1 001 123 9i9 Row2 005 456 8u8 Row3 003 406 8ur etc... to +8000 In sheet 2, I have to check if the data exist in sheet 1. Col D contai Yes (data is in the sheet1) or No... Examples: Col D check if the data in Col B is the same in sheet 1 Col...

html source code into Excel
Can anyone tell me how to (in VBA) get the source code for a web page into a string so that I can parse it? Note: I can't use a Query Table for this part as the data I need is imbedded into an href. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Paul ...

How to replicate Excels' numeric "Accounting" format in Access Rep
How to replicate Excels' numeric "Accounting" format in Access Report client want's Access report to output values in format identical to Excel's numeric "Accounting" format if I try to difine it as such it converts the 'Format' definition to >> \acc"ou"n"ti"n\g and strangely dosen't give the desired result I'm using Office 2003 on Windows 2000 -- Jim Have you tried Currency with 2 decimal places? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom...

use of Staionery for replies and forwards
I am using the "stationery" function rather than the "signature" function to put a header and a Sincerely Yours in my outgoing emails. That way the spell checker still functions. Problem is that it doesn't come up in when I reply or forward an email. I would like it to Help please... You cannot have the Stationary to be functioning while you reply o forward to messages. This is because the Stationary tends to be th background and so for a forward or a reply you cannot have tha functionality SudharsonA -----------------------------------------------------------------...

Error 1004 using array in Sheet select.
If I select a sheet with its real name: Sheets("Sheet1").Select >>>>>- Works fine Sheets(Array("Sheet1", "Sheet2")).Select >>>>>- Works fine If I assign the sheet name(s) to a constant Public Const TSGSheet1 = "Sheet1" Public Const TSGSheet2 = "Sheet2" Sheets(TSGSheet1).Select >>>>>- Works fine Sheets(TSGSheet2).Select >>>>>- Works fine Sheets(Array(TSGSheet1, TSGSheet2)).Select >>>>>- fails with Error 1004 My macro's/V...

how to save file with preview in excel
How do you save a file with preview in excel On the File menu, choose Properties, then the Summary tab. There, check the "Save preview picture" checkbox. "Rebee" <Rebee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:261A3C8B-D77D-4879-9FDE-6BE996033261@microsoft.com... > How do you save a file with preview in excel ...

GP10 Smartlist problem output to Excel 2010
When we see the listing in the Smartlist, we click the button with Excel logo, to export the listing to Excel, but GP prompt with error message :Unable to start Microsoft Excel http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4100/errorw.png This is the newly purchased workstation. This is the first computer that is come with Microsoft Office 2010 version, the rest are still using Office 2007. And this new computer has never been successfully launched Excel from the Smartlist. We are wondering if the Office 2010 STARTER edition can work work with Dynamics GP 10 with FP1 SP4. Please advice ...

how to use XPath function "ms:string-compare" in .NET
Hi, Can anyone point me why the following code is not working for me? Its giving me an error while executing "SelectNodes" ... I have strugled for almost one full day.. I am comaratively new to XSL and XSLT concepts. I appriciate any kind help. Thanks, Bhavin. CODE: ********************************************************************** Private Sub Save() Dim xmldocRoot As New XmlDocument() Dim xmlnodeChildNode As XmlNode Dim xmlnodeAttributeNode As XmlNode xmldocRoot.Load("C:\ACBD.XML") 'Dim xsltcon As Xml.Xsl.XsltContext Dim ns As New XmlNamespaceManager(xml...

To unlock the access of my Excel sheet
Hello, I have forgotten the password who locks the access to my Excel sheet. Could somebody explain to me the way to unlock this Excel sheet? Thank you in advance, JeanMickey You can download the free Utiliities program from www.appspro.com/Utilities/Utilities.htm This includes a password breaker by the wizard Bob Bovey. HTH remember, if this helps click Yes Peter "JeanMickey" wrote: > Hello, > > I have forgotten the password who locks the access to my Excel sheet. > Could somebody explain to me the way to unlock this Excel sh...

Stamp, Watermark In Excel??
I have a purchase order document that I created in Excel. I would like to have some kind of electronic "stamp" or "watermark" that I can import or put on the document to show "PAID" or something to that effect. Does anyone have suggestions or know of a way that I can do this. I know that in Microsoft Word it allows you to put a watermark in the background. This is essentially what I am trying to do but I am working with Excel. Thanks for any help. Hi Monica, See xlDynamic FAQ page on watermarks at: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0005.htm...

Basic Excel Help....!
Hi, I am a newbie to this board and to excel.. I have a list of numbers: 07973190447 07788520694 07803297928 07753115869 07736777401 What I want to do is delete the 0 at the start and replace it with 44 is there a quick way of doing this... Thanks, Simo ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Copy this formula down the next column and format as number. =A1+44000...

removing duplicate records in excel, how to do it?
How to remove duplicart entries within excel? Data>advanced filter, unique records only Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Don" wrote: > How to remove duplicart entries within excel? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteDuplicateRows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Don wrote: > How to remove duplicart entries within excel? Have you notice that the first entry is duplicated in both cases: when header line is included or exclude "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > Data>advanced filter, unique records only > > Regards, > > Peo S...