Is Office Clipboard shared between users or just applications?

Background for the question -- if a signle user on a machine, and that one
user simultaneously has open 5 Excel sessions , the office clipboard is
shared. And I believe the clipboard is "single threaded". That is, even in
principle if the user could simultaneously copy/paste in the multiple
applications using the Office Clipboard (perhaps by running programs driving
Excel), in reality it would not be simultaneous (even on a multiprocessor
machine) but would be bottlenecked in the Office Clipboard.

But the question is -- if 5 users, were all accessing Excel but each user
was only running one single Excel workbook, and each user doing copy/paste
operations within their one copy...would there be the same bottleneck? Or
would each user have their own separate copy of Office Clipboard so that all
users could in fact SIMULTANEOUSLY being doing copy/pastes within their own
copies of Excel without being single-threaded by the Office Clipboard?

Reason I ask -- I can programmatically drive Excel via a test tool that
drives:
web browser to web server to ASP to DLL to Excel and run multiple Excel
copies on on machine. But while one copy of Excel might complete operations
in 10 seconds, 4 copies might take 30 seconds even if there are 4 CPUs. And I
can see 4 copies of excel get launched (via perfmon or taskmanager). But they
clearly DON'T run completely independently, and I believe it is because a lot
of copy/paste activity is occurring and all the Excel instances are owned by
the same user -- thus logically the bottleneck might be the Office Clipboard.

So...if I get all those Excels to run as DIFFERENT user processes -- would
that cause them to all get their own copies of the Office Clipboard and
remove the contention?

0
paladin (2)

office 12 installation corrupts office 2003
HI, want to have a look at new office 12. I chose to kept the old version and only installed outlook 12 and powerpoint 12. After installation, I get "mapi was unable to load the information service mspst.dll" for launching both outlook 12 and outlook 2003. After " detect and repair errors in my office installation" in 2003, the same error remains. Really don't want to reinstall since there are a lot of customization and plugins involved.... anybody can help? Thanks! Your question should be directed to the private newsgroup listed in your beta testing instructions...

Template for scheduleing office supply purchases
I am looking for a template for scheduling office supply purchases for a small business. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I didn't look, but there are tons of free templates at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx And you could search google, too. Precast wrote: > > I am looking for a template for scheduling office supply purchases for a > small business. Any suggestions will be appreciated. -- Dave Peterson ...

Terminating User-Interface Thread
Good day to all. I would like to know how to delete a thread even if the if it is still running. Thank you very much in advance. delvsb wrote: > Good day to all. > > I would like to know how to delete a thread even if the if it is still > running. > > Thank you very much in advance. When you create the thread you must create it suspended, set m_bAutoDelete false, then ResumeThread. In the main thread, signal the thread to end itself with PostThreadMessage. In the UI thread message handler, free things and call PostQuitMessage(0); In the main thread, WaitForSin...

Excel mac office 98
I am running Excel 98 for mac and for some reason the number pad is acting like the arrow keys (ie the number 2 on numberpad is acting like down arrow) How do I fix this ?? Don't know about Macs but on a PC that would mean the numlock key is in off position -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Steve" <1234@numbers.com> wrote in message news:ead101c43cf3$79a03b00$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am running Excel 98 for mac and for some reason the > number pad is acting like the arrow keys (ie the number 2 > on numberpad is acting like down arrow) How do I fix this ?? Hi on a P...

Access 2007 Application title
Ok this is really silly, how do I get the file name of the currently open db in the title bar above the ribbon? Going to access options current database, if I select overlapping windows the title disappears, seems to only work with tabbed documents(I'm not overly fond of tabbed documents)? I am often working on more than one db..this title helps me keep track of which db I'm in. Is there some other setting I'm missing or am going to have to bite the bullet and get to like tabbed documents. Thanks ...

Office 98 for MAC compatiblility
We have a copy of MS Office 98 for MAC currently on a OS 9.2.2 environment. We want to migrate to OS 10.2 and try to use Office 98. Will this work with upgrades after an install or do I need to buy a new Office suite for OS 10.2? Heath Kuszak IT Manager Verdone Landscape Architects, Inc. In article <udrlhSJBFHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "Heath Kuszak" <heath@verdonelandarch.com> wrote: > We have a copy of MS Office 98 for MAC currently on a OS 9.2.2 environment. > We want to migrate to OS 10.2 and try to use Office 98. Will this work with > upgrade...

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. The operation failed. An object could not be found
I posted this earlier, but I don't think I properly included my nospam address. In any event, the correct posting is below. I have several Windows XP SP2 /Office 2003 SP2 workstations that are unable to click on e-mail addresses on a WEB page in Internet Explorer for example. What should happen is a new Message window should pop open and I can send the e-mail just fine. Instead, however, we get the following error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. The operation failed. An object could not be found." We have done the following: 1. Verified the web pages are fine - a...

Office 2008 for Mac, English ver. to Danish ver.
Hello. I hope you can help me. I have just purchased the "Office 2008 for Mac", and its an english version, both via Appel homesite. But I have recently found out, that they have made a Danish version. So now my question is: Is it possible to up grade a english version to a danish version of "Office 2008 for Mac". Thanks On 2/22/08 3:03 PM, in article ee8e6ea.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Torben_Christensen@officeformac.com" <Torben_Christensen@officeformac.com> wrote: > Hello. > > I hope you can help me. > I have just purchased the "Off...

share workbook error
I am using excel 2007 and am trying to share a workbook. review/share workbook Then I get the message that the file is no longer shared. How can I share the workbook? ...

Users with Email address not in All Users list
I have some users with Email addresses established (no mailbox) and would like to have them appear in the All Users recipient list. How would I do that? ...

Office X
I'm currently a student, so I want to take advantage by buying the student version of office. But...am I correct in fearing that this version will be restricted from upgrading to future versions? I just don't want to get screwed by Microsoft and I haven't found any documentation on line that indicates any difference whatsoever between the standard and student versions aside from pricing and packaging. But something tells me that I should play it safe and go with the standard version for the sake of the future. What do you think? - Nolan In article <65970378.0310111127.62470f44...

Shared Workbook Merge problem
Hi all, I'm doing some tests with shared workbooks. I have a workbook with many cells protected, and I use the protect and share, including tracking. Then i distribute via email to some people, but very often a message pop-up stating: "That workbook cannot be merged because it contains changes that have not been merged followed by later changes that have already been merged into the current workbook". This is preventing from working correctly. I basically have 5 people, and the protection prevents conflicts, every cell is accessible by just one guy. if A shares the workbook and...

User Availability in Meeting Requests
I'm in the process of migrating users from our Exchange 5.5 server to our Exchange 2003 server. Right now we are running in mixed mode (2003 coexistence with 5.5). I'm noticing that users who have moved to the Exchange 2003 server can not view other users availability when they attempt to set up a meeting request. The users schedule says "no information." You want to make sure that the schedule+ free busy folder for the sites are replicated to the Exchange 2003 server. "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B2A929B-E39B-4554-83...

Shared excel file dissapears
We use a shared excel 2000 xls file shared on a w2k server as a production log. we now have about 30 users with about 12 users constantly editing. As we add more users the dissapearances seem to mount up. we are at about 2 a day now. I was wondering what the max amount vs the recommended amount of simultaneous users are. Are there any known issues which would cause excel to mysteriously vanish?? thanks cr -- http://QLiner.com It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried. - Winston Churchill ...

What replaces Frontpage 2003 in Office 2007?
I do not want to rewrite a Web site currently written and maintained using FrontPage 2003. Any suggestions now that FP 2003 is no longer supported and Office 2007 has no replacement. FP may not be supported, but there is no reason why you can't continue to use it like so many people do. The replacement is Expression Web, or, a program similar to FP is SharePoint Designer, which is a free download. "Ronandbreda" <Ronandbreda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4232BD86-86F1-4EE8-A2E0-8681236065D9@microsoft.com... :I do not want to rewrite a We...

How to Automatically share Accounts and Leads
We recently upgraded to CRM 3.0 and we'd like to automatically share every Lead and every Account that is created with one or more Teams. The Teams will differ, depending on who owns the Lead or Account. What is the best way to do this? We tried workflow rules, but it doesn't seem like sharing is one of the options when a Lead or an Account is created. Is the only way to do this to use some sort of scripting? Thanks a lot for any suggestions! -Sarah Sarah, The direct answer is yes; the only way to (sans any human intervention) automatically share leads and accounts with the...

can a program send email on users behalf with out getting the nag boxes?
I am trying to allow a program to send an e-mail through outlook 2003 on my behalf without getting the nag boxes. We have a customized program that sends out emails for us but since we moved to outlook this nag box pops up for each one. We have to sit there for hours clicking yes to each one and allowing access for 10 min maximum. I have installed the outlook security features administrative package on my machine and followed the read me to configure it to allow this but have not been successful. This is what I have tried: 1. The admpack.exe installed easily then I installed a...

Authentication of new user
I have a problem with a user trying to authenticate to CRM via http://servername. She enters the domain/Username and then password, it starts to load CRM and then presents a http error and presents the logon box again. She uses a license for the shipping department and the other users have no problem performing the same function. The only difference is that she is a new user after an upgrade to Windows 2003. I have tried to change the system with a clean HDD and the same result. I have tried changing the IE options with no success. Any ideas. Has something changed in security wit...

Change the owner of a lead without keeping the lead shared
When I assign a lead to a different user, the old owner still has access to the lead via sharing. This is a system default, described in article 33290 in TechKnowledge. How can I disable this? When I re-assign a lead from one sales rep to another, I don't want the old owner to see the lead anymore. Also, does anyone know where in the CRM database this sharing info is stored? I'd like to run a report on which leads are shared, but I can't find the sharing info anywhere... Thanks, John There is nothing in the system to turn this feature off. "John Petersson" <...

Validating data in a User Form
I have created a User Form to enter data into an Excel Database using text boxes. For one field (textbox) I would like to limit the user input to three names, say AA, BB or CC. I know how to do it on the worksheet and it works just fine. I can't figure out how to do for the textbox for that field in the form. Will someone give me a gentle shove in the right direction? Thank you very much. If you're going to limit it to three names, why use a TextBox? I'd use a listbox or combobox loaded with the names instead. In article <11bb45co1m5nmbd@corp.supernews.com>, &q...

How do I remove the Office v.X folder after upgrading to 2004 Pro?
Hi, I recently upgraded to Office 2004 Professional from Office v.X Standard. I am very happy with the new version, however the Office 2004 intallation has not deleted the old version of Office (v.X). Now I have two Microsoft Office folders in my Applications folder. How do I remove Office v.X without losing anything? Office 2004 installation moved my Entourage database to the new version so I should not worry for anything right? Should I just move the Office v.X folder to the trash? Should I keep anything from that folder? Please help! Happy New Year! Percy It should be safe to delet...

Office 2010 Program Icons
Is there any way to change the default program icons to custom icons in Office 2010? This was possible in 2003 & 2007, but I can't make it work in 2010. -- Corky-G Tucson, AZ Corky-G <Cor...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Is there any way to change the default program icons to custom icons in >Office 2010? =A0This was possible in 2003 & 2007, but I can't make it work= in >2010. Do you mean the Office programs themselves or Office documents? If the programs, you could use a resource editor (like the free RESHACKER) to change the icons ...

Out of Office Assistant not working #2
AD 2003 with Exchange 2003. Seems to be effecting many different users internally and externally. Anyone come across this before? we need more details to help, but did you try http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262352 or http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=297281 -- Nawar Aljanabi MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA "Monkey" wrote: > AD 2003 with Exchange 2003. > Seems to be effecting many different users internally and externally. > Anyone come across this before? > Thanks but tried those Second link is for Exchange 5.5 "Nawar75&qu...

User Account Deleted
Laptop defaults and asks for a password to a User that apparently has been deleted using computer management, but does not accept any password. I think an administrator account is still there, but I don't know what it is and or the password. Have I lost everything?....XP sp3 seems to boot up ok. See if you can boot into safe mode using the hidden administrator account then you can delete or change the password. If you cannot logon in safe mode you will need to download and create a CD to reset passwords and accounts. -- The Top Inno Setup Script Generator - http://www.ra...

Add ins with Office XP Pro Enterprise edition
Hey All, My boss found an article that said that Small Business Financial Manager was included with Microsoft Office XP Pro on disk 2. We have the enterprise version, and got three cd's with it, (Media content, and Interactive step by step training). I installed everything from both disks, but didn't find any add-ins that looked anything like SBFM. Is this program really included with Office XP pro, and if so, where is it. Also, is there any way to download it if the disks don't have it? Thanks in advance!! Seth R. I do not believe the SBFM was included in Office XP,...