Is it possible to make only have a page a locked form?

I have form that I want to be locked but I also need the bottom to be open so
that I can paste macros.  Is there a way to get a form to allow you to past
macros or a way to break up a page so that only a portion is locked.
0
Carr (5)

Hi
not really sure what you're trying to achieve. What kind of macros do
you want to paste???

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Jennifer Carr" <Jennifer Carr@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:471E5CEE-9FAA-41FC-B035-7AB344AEBCBB@microsoft.com...
> I have form that I want to be locked but I also need the bottom to be
open so
> that I can paste macros.  Is there a way to get a form to allow you
to past
> macros or a way to break up a page so that only a portion is locked.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Making a form Maximize when opened?
How do I do this? "m galvin" <mgalvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BE1B7CF-E57A-42D5-B103-8A48E657C0E5@microsoft.com... > How do I do this? In the form's Open event, execute the statement: DoCmd.Maximize Note that maximizing a form also maximizes any other (non-popup) forms and reports, so you may want to restore things when the form closes. In that case, you could use the form's Close event to execute the statement DoCmd.Restore You can also do the same thing using the corresponding macro actions, Maximize an...

How to make Windows Live Photo Gallery default?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01CB0009.FE96EA40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How can I in Win7 and Windows Live Mail the Windows Live Photo Gallery = the default for attaching photos, rather than My Documents/My Pictures? ------=_NextPart_000_0013_01CB0009.FE96EA40 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD&g...

Making the custom form available
Hello: I have an exisiting contacts in the contacts folder. I redesigned the contact form and published it and now have all my new conacts using the new form. However how do I get the older pre exisitng contact items to update to the new form. Thanks Brian You would need to update the message class. See the link below for more info. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;201087&sd=RMVP "Brian" <waly2990@optonline.net> wrote in message news:OkFVg.204$Jl6.125@newsfe08.lga... > Hello: > I have an exisiting contacts in the contacts folder. I...

Javascript alerr in crm forms
If you open a crm form for an account/contact or any other entity, make some changes and try to close the window without saving information, you see this javascript pop up which warns you of the unsaved information. In our deployment, we see this window even if we do not change anything!! Any idea how to take care of this issue? Thanks Typically this is caused when records were saved without some "default" information that the forms wants in there. This could have been from integration or data saved prior to the form being updated. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ------------...

worksheet skipped in page numbering
I have an Excel document with 10 worksheets (tabs). I went to set up footers and my options from the drop down were page 1 for first tab, page 2 for second tab, etc. until I got to the 5th tab and it went back to page 1. Tab 6 gives me dropdown options for page 5 - in short, it is like it skipped a worksheet and will only number that sheet as an indpendent one, and calls it page 1. Any ideas as to why it doesn't recognize a worksheet? -- Zach ...

How do you create a list with name address phone in a column form.
I have an excel file with last name, first address city state in each column. I want to prepare a two column report with each persons name first then address then phone. Can't remember how to print out a different view of excel. Making it look more like a two column word document. Maybe you can use MSWord's MailMerge. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave Rado. denise108 wrote: > > I have an excel file with last name, first address city state ...

Why can't Microsoft ever make a software that "Works"?
What is so great about this version of Office'2003???? Why did they have come out with a software that is worse than its old version? Outlook always invariably has problems in connecting to IMAP/SMTP servers. When outlook express can do it better. I am not able to change the layout of the print out to Landscape. I was happy with the old one, can Microsoft take my new software back and pay me the money????? I think in trying to pack with more features, MS is forgetting that the software is expected to do what it basically meant to. Repack your Office software. Return it to th...

Page Numbering for TextBoxes and Continued on/from
Hello All, I have a template that is a 24" X 11" page with three textboxes of 7.5"W X 11". Basically, I am placing Word docs on this template, with each textbox representing a page. My problem is that I can't find any way to automatically page number the textboxes or make use of the Continued from/on option that will reference the hitherto non-existent textbox page numbers. Any tips out there? Thanks in advance for the assistance. ...

How do I save the Page Setup settings for letterhead usage?
I have new company letterhead and have worked hard to set top, left, bottom and right margins. How do I save those in Word 2003 so that if I'm printing on this letterhead in future, I can just call up the format and create the document without typing in all the measurements? Save it as a template; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "NowWow" <NowWow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D892886-B419-4784-...

http page not found
hi, when i try to open any of the crm folders in my outlook i recive the HTTP 404 pag is not found. can somebody help me? hi again, yes i can ping my CRM server and yes if on the server open browser en type local host i see the crm web site. i have this problem when i try to open any of the crm folders from outlook en i see this error that http 404 page can not be find. any help would be really welcom. thanx "shahin" wrote: > hi, > > when i try to open any of the crm folders in my outlook i > recive the HTTP 404 pag is not found. > > can somebody help ...

Locking records once "closed"
The user is selects their name from a drop down menu. When the cell e X1 is filled the completed date is automaticallly entered based o if(X1<>"",NOW(),""). After this happens I would like to change the formula cell to a date so that it will not change everytime the worksheet is opened. How do achieve this without using VB. Is it possible to protect cells once X1<>"", or better yet change al dates on that row to lock. Or is there another method of achieving the same objective. That i once a record is complete no further changes cand be made. T...

Double click to open form and create new record
Hi team, Have scoured all of the posts and tried several different things for days but just can't seem to nut this one out. I have a form (FrmSeedBankStockAvailable) in datasheet view that lists seed lots by BatchID. I want to be able to double click on the record selector for a particular batch and have a form (DialogSeedBankWithdrawal) open so that I can make a new withdrawal entry, with the BatchID already entered from the selected record. I know that to do this I need to use the forms' DblClick property. I have been using the following code (and tried variations of from...

WORD FORMS
I need to change the colour of a CELL in a word form depending on the seletion of a Dropdown form called "Select Level" which provides 4 differing levels to choose from. Level 1 = Platinum Level 2 = Gold Level 3 = Silver Level 4 = Bronze And i Wish to change the colour of cells further down the form to those colours specified against each level. I believe that I may need touse a macro to do this, but have never actually used one before and do not even know how to start (Complete Novice in Macro) so would need instructions of how to input the macro if anyone is kind e...

Change margin on one page not all
I am trying to insert a powerpoint 2007 created project into Word 2007, but the margins crop some of them off. When I try to change the margins on one page it changes them all. Can anyone offer advise on what to do. I only want to change the margins on the one page. You will need to have a separate section to accomplish what you wish, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/workwithsectionscontent.htm for further information. Hope this helps DeanH "firefiten" wrote: > I am trying to insert a powerpoint 2007 created project into Word 2007, but >...

How do i make a variable part of a formula
Say I have some vba code that looks like: ActiveCell.Range("A1:B5").Select Selection.FormulaArray = _ "=LINEST(R[1]C[-3]:R[5]C[-3],R[1]C[-2]:R[5]C[2],TRUE,TRUE)" Let's say that I am looping over some variable i, and would someho like to insert that variable into the code: Selection.FormulaArray = _ "=LINEST(R[1]C[*i*]:R[5]C[*i+1 ],R[1]C[-2]:R[5]C[2],TRUE,TRUE)" Obviously, I can't simply insert the i's in there -- what instea should i do? thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Selection.FormulaArray = _ "=LINEST(R[1]C["...

Locking excel file
Hi how do you lock an excel file so that other people using the computer will not be able to open? dolin, http://youngindonesiangirls.googlepages.com File>Save As>Tools>General Options.......set a password to open Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 15:27:30 -0700 (PDT), Dolin <ceweindo@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi how do you lock an excel file so that other people using the >computer will not be able to open? > >dolin, >http://youngindonesiangirls.googlepages.com hey thanks gord, ive been searching this for quite some time. On Jul 15, 3:53=A0am, Gord ...

Allow VBA code to change a locked cell??
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. I have written some VBA code that sets the values in certain cells using code like the following: Worksheets("MySheet").Range("A5") = MyValue This code works when my worksheet is not protected and cell A5 is not locked. When I protect the worksheet (with A5 locked), my code does not work. I get run-time error '1004' - "The cell or chart that you are trying to change is protected and therefore read-only". I'd like to keep the cell locked (so users cannot edit it), but I do want my VBA code to be able...

setup a text box as a lined page
I'd like to simulate text on lined paper. Is it possible in Word or Publisher? Thanks Find a lined paper background or graphic, put it on the Master page. On the the publication page create a text box. View, turn on baseline guides. Go to Arrange, Layout guides, baseline tab, adjust it to match your lined graphic. Select the text box, Format, paragraph, check align text to baseline guides. http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=lined+paper&gbv=2 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "tridev" <tr...

Pop up Form to set parameter of query to generate a report
I have a pop up form that opens when I run a report via a macro. The query searchs for an item (drug) that has 2 different mnemonics. (fields are mnemonic2 and mnemonic3 from table PDM) I cannot append the table fields into a new column because the table is on a server that does not allow changes. The problem is that I cannot figure out a way to attach [Forms]![frm_mnemonic]![lstbox] ---the combobox I am using on the form ----to mnemonic2 and mnemonic3 so it it will search both since they are both text values. I can attach it to one or the other field and it works fine, but when I attach it ...

Changing Names of Multiple Cell Link Ranges
I have a series of drop down boxes created with the Forms menu. The cell link range for each dropdown is different, as follows: Cell Link Box1 = DemandBase_A_UndistExp1 Cell Link Box2 = DemandBase_A_UndistExp2 Cell Link Box3 = DemandBase_A_UndistExp3 Cell Link Box...n = DemandBase_A_UndistExp...n I want to change them all at once to: DemandBase_A_OtherCost1 DemandBase_A_OtherCost2 DemandBase_A_OtherCost... I know I can change the entire name using the following code: Sub Change_Drop_Link() For Each bx In ActiveSheet.DropDowns If bx.LinkedCell = "DemandBase_A_UndistExp1" Then ...

How to automatically populate an Excel database w/data from many forms?
I have a data collection spreadsheet laid out like a form for multipl users; each user will do a save as to create hundreds of records o copies of this form. We are using the data collected to build an Exce database. Currently we are manually keying the data from the form into a single spreadsheet (the database). Is there a way to automat the transfer of the data from the forms into the database? Also, eac record will have a unique ID number. We are working in MS Excel 2002. Thank you -- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I think I'd tell the user to run a macro that...

In publisher I lost my view of choosing page one or page two (fr.
I have used publisher for years, and suddenly whatever publisher file I open, that have front and back pages, I cant view the two pages selector on the lower left area of my form. When I print, it will pront both fromt and back pages on two sheets as page one and two but I can't select between page one and two, to edit page two, as I only see page one. View--status bar -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lloyd" <Lloyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A39AE1F-1436-4F29-83C0-136...

Help with Page Life Expectancy
hi I am using 32bit SQL Server 2005 and SP3 applied and hosted with VMWare Hi i have a situation where Page Life Expectancy counter shows a consistent average of 70 seconds when running the perfmon. I read that this should be > 300 seconds on average Buffer Cache Hit Ratio = 99% Memory grants pending = 0 lazy writes/sec = 0 i am trying to find out what queries are causing this but i'm not sure how to go about doing it. does anyone have a suggestion of what to run and look for? Derek Identify the queries consuming (or that will consume) the most memory select req...

Set up a single page to print a chronolgy of sheets printed
I am trying to set up a single page to print out a number (chronological order) each time that particular page is printed. Are you trying to increment a particular cell's value or to increment the page number, or to only print a number, and not the sheet? "srfr808" wrote: > I am trying to set up a single page to print out a number (chronological > order) each time that particular page is printed. ...

Can't get a value from a querry into a forms text box
I have a main Shippin Control table, and a main Shipping Control form with description of cargo and quantity text boxes. I have a querry which is a join of tblValues and tblShipping_Control. The SQL is below SELECT Shipping_Control.DescriptionofCargo, Shipping_Control.CargoQty, tblValues.Value, ([Shipping_Control].[CargoQty]*[tblValues].[Value]) AS CommercialValue, Shipping_Control.ShippingDate, Shipping_Control.ShipTo, Shipping_Control.ShipFrom, Shipping_Control.CollectionNoteNo, Shipping_Control.PackingListNo, Shipping_Control.ShipmentID, Shipping_Control.Customer FROM Ship...