is it possible to Hide certain worksheets from certain users?

is it possible to Hide certain worksheets from certain users?

if Yes which version of Excel offers this option?

0
Admin3628 (25)

there is no built-in facility, you would have to build it all (and it is no
simple).

--

HTH

RP

"Admin" <Admin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is it possible to Hide certain worksheets from certain users?
>
> if Yes which version of Excel offers this option?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
5/4/2005 8:01:21 PM
It requires using macros, which may or may not work for you. You can
certainly find many ways in the archives:

    http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?as_ugroup=*excel*

 However, in practice, you should assume that anyone that has access to
your workbook file can read the entire thing. Breaking internal
passwords is a snap:

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

and file and VBA protection isn't much better:

   http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html

In article <E10B3C1B-9E53-4927-BE3B-BE5C1AFFA223@microsoft.com>,
 "Admin" <Admin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> is it possible to Hide certain worksheets from certain users?
>
> if Yes which version of Excel offers this option?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

automatic copy cells into other worksheet??
i am trying to find out how i can type text in an excel cell and have it automatically inserted in another worksheet. is this possible?? if so how?? cheers. Hiiiiiiii dear hope u are ok go the sheet2 cell A1 and type =Sheet1!A1 and Drag it and now go to sheet1 and type something in Cell A1 and A2 and A3 and then check them in sheet2 Colum u will find what u have written hope it may work for uuuuu good luck "Matt Hall" wrote: > i am trying to find out how i can type text in an excel cell and have it > automatically inserted in another worksheet. > is this possible?...

User can not acces from home the EXchange server
Currently we allow our users to access there email VIA the web using http:yayaya.com/exchange. however one of my user's is unable to log in this way. On-site using outlook he has no problem but when he try's entering his login name and password via the web he gets a message saying username and password are incorrect. For some reason it will not validate his information. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks ...

Allow a user to log on as a service as well as a user
I'm doing a blackberry enterprise install and need to allow the admin user for the berry install to log on a service as well. How do i configure the user this way? He is already configured as a admin user. -- Trinidad You configure this (usually) under the Local Security Policy in User Rights. -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Directory Update - http://www.directory-update.com "nigel" <nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0202604E-5164-453F-B16C-FE7F97543FD4@microsoft.com... > I'm doing a blackberry enterprise install...

MS Project
Alright, let me see if I can spell this out. Bottom Line: Is there anyway to show the same task over multiple lines in different sections and have the same task show % complete/costs either over the whole project or by each section? Additional Explanation: We are building a pipeline and putting it in the ground. We are going from 0+00 (Or 000 feet) to say 100+00 (or 10,000 feet). The client is wanting to break down the project into smaller 2500' sections. (Going to use a custom field - number - and then numbering each task between that range of sections a 1-4). Since the jo...

infratructure for 2500 users CRM
I am a Microsoft Partener from Romania and I would like to know how many CRM Servers is necesary for 2500 users. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ae96447d...

update worksheet in one file with worksheet in another file
I want to have one worksheet in one of my excel files (file 1) to reflect the contents of a worksheet in another file (file 2) every time it is opened (file 1), that is, everytime it is opened this one tab should reflect the last changes made on the tab in another file, including formating. I suspect this is possible but I don't have a clue how to do it. I have a few questions: Can this be done without VBA? (I'm not even a beginner with VBA!) I did search the web some and found the following that looks interesting: http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=101&threadI...

Listing Activesynce users
Is there a way to list the users who are actually using Activesync? I can get a list of all the devices but have not run across a method of seeing if they are actually sending and reciveing mail. Thanks. Jeff In news:Oi0wwKTaGHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, Jeff Senter <jsenter@erols.com> typed: > Is there a way to list the users who are actually using Activesync? I > can get a list of all the devices but have not run across a method of > seeing if they are actually sending and reciveing mail. > > Thanks. > > Jeff Check out http://www.microsoft.com/downloads...

cannot send or reply to a certain email address
I have one person who I cannot send or reply to their email. I can receive email from them. I have deleted their contact info and re-entered. I have tried emailing without using contact, just typing address in. I can, however, get on my email server and send/reply to them just fine. Error is that their email is not a valid email address. Thanks for your help! Are you sure the address is valid? Type it in the To field so you are sure there isn't any extra characters in it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 200...

Still recieving e-mail for deleted users
We are receiving e-mails for users that were been deleted from our server years ago. Does anyone know how to block these e-mails. We have a SPAM program that allows you to blacklist but it does not stop the messages from coming through. Create ea distribution list containing no members, but which has all the long-gone users' smtp addresses. This is called a blackhole DL. Exchange will accept the mail but silently drop it - no NDRs, no storage. -- hth, SusanV "RB" <pr@epley-pr.com> wrote in message news:574a01c40071$05a154a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > We are receiving...

user profiles
i need to know all the details who sign me up and the time it was created and last visited. user profiles wrote: >i need to know all the details who sign me up and the time it was > created and last visited. Is this on OneNote? Could you pls explain a little bit what you are after? Rainald ...

User Entity
Hi, I was wondering how others keep the User records in CRM updated with the Active Directory information like phone numbers, etc. Has anyone written a Windows Script to take this action or are you using other methods? Thank you ...

Creating users via powershell
I am using the windows powershell cmdlets to set up new users automatically in AD 2003. I am particularly using the cmdlets from quest such get-qaduser and new-qaduser. To setup bulk number of users I have to setup a csv file and then import them into the script. The script is below: #Get-UserGroups.ps1 #sample CSV heading # "Name,Firstname,Lastname,SAMAccountname,Telephone,Office,Department,Title,City,Company" $file="C:\employees.csv" if ((Get-Item $file -ea "silentlycontinue" ).exists) { Import-Csv $file | ForEach-Object { ...

Automatically updating cells on other worksheets when data typed into primary sheet
I'm trying to create a workbook that will allow me to enter data on the first sheet and it will then append the data to a second sheet by automatically starting a new line. Example: I enter "This is a test" into A1 on sheet 1 First available line on sheet2 automatically updates with "This is a test" When it comes to enter something new in A1 on sheet1, same function above goes into action, accept it should be on the next available line which will be A2 on sheet2, as A1 is already used by previous data entry. Can this be done? I would appreciate any help with this. ...

How to switch users in Outlook
I am used to using Outlook Express on my old computer. My new computer has Outlook. There are two users in our family. How do we switch users so that we are not reading each other's mail in Outlook? Outlook Express has a "switch users" selection but Outlook does not. Outlook typically depends on different OS level user logins. What OS are you using? "Dennie" <Dennie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C03B0A9-F2C7-4AFD-9300-F138A643346E@microsoft.com... >I am used to using Outlook Express on my old computer. My new computer has > Ou...

Two users on a network editing documents simultaneously in word 20
My office just upgraded from Word 2003 to Word 2007. We are on a network and share access to Word files. In Word 2003, if one user tried to open a file in which another user was working, a message would appear stating that the file was "locked for editing by (user)." It seems that with Word 2007, any user can open a file (and edit it) while another user is doing so as well. We do not want this to be the case, and just want the settings to be as they were with Word 2003 (i.e. if a document is in use, another user cannot access it simultaneously). Ideally, we'd lik...

Moving Outlook account to another Windows log-in user account
I currently use 2 different Windows log-in User accounts, and have an email account I access on each of them, 1 for work and 1 for home. I did this because my work environment is wireless. I'm sick of switching back and forth between Windows user accounts to check work email vs. personal email. How do I transfer one Outlook email account to another Windows user account on the same computer. I'm sure I could just add an email account on one or the other, and delete it from the existing User Account, but I'd like to retain all of my existing folders and content. Then I...

Monitor sending/receiving per user
We have the need to monitor all incoming and outgoing items for one exchange mailbox. We are running exchange 2003 Standard. I know exchange provides the option to archive all messages on a per mailbox store basis. And exchange 2003 standard only lets you have one mailbox store... So can anyone recommend any 3rd party software, that would allow us to monitor all incoming and outgoing email for a specific user? We need to access the emails, not just the subject line... Thanks IvaSoft Selective Journaling should allow you to journal specific mailboxes. http://www.ivasoft.biz/sj.shtml...

Another users account appearing
We are running 2K with exchange server 2000 with 200 users accessing email through Outlook 2000. We have one user who will sometimes receive another users email settings, ie: inbox. He will log onto the network under his normal loggon and then start up Exchange and will have the other account. The account that keeps coming up is the Administrators account. It is always the same account that will come up. We have not been told of any other circumstances with any other staff. It is always the same machine and we have deleted all stored profiles on the machine and are running mandatory pr...

Hide Navigation pane during linking & unlinking tables
I have tables which are linked during statup of my access application. However whenever the linking happens, the naviigation pane(which is setup to be hidden is displayed. Please let me know how can i fix that I haven't seen this problem using A2007 on Vista or Windows Server 2008. Perhaps you have a problem with a different operating system? Perhaps the relink code is showing the navigation pane? Perhaps you would paste your relink code to help us answer your question. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Pradeep" <agarwallp@g...

CRM
Can anyone advise me : 1. fastest quickest way to get quick review of the CRM product from user point of view? Is the online tutorial at $25 per 20 mins worth the cost 2. does the system include screen designs for all the transactions (multi-language?) 3. imagine a customer who uses Outlook for their contact management (ie basic system) - would CRM replace this -ie although it needs to be tailored and built upon, what functions come completed 1. The fastest way to get quick review of Microsoft CRM is to have an on-site demo from a MSCRM consultant. Also you can test drive the software...

Linking Values in Worksheets
Is there a simple method of linking a column of values in one worksheet to another worksheet? I can do it manually, one at a time but is there a way of copying the link down the column? (The columns are identical in length) Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C$1369 Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C$1370 Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C$1371 etc, etc Many thanks david Hi David try ='C:\Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C1369 and copy down Frank DavidM wrote: > Is there a simple method of linki...

Outlook won't accept other users' Hotmail passwords
Hello forum, I'm trying to set up our pc for Outlook 2003. We both use free Hotmail for email. The problem is that we can't access Hotmail via Outlook through any other user identity other than my own. For every other identity I create, I'm continously prompted to enter the password when I try to send/receive. I haven't seen any solutions to this problem posted relating to an http email service such as Hotmail. Please help. Thanks AJS ...

Message -- Worksheet xls. is locked for editing. What is this?
I cannot view or change the data in my worksheet because I am getting this message. Why, and how do I unlock it? Thanks for your help. gman gman Has someone else got the file open? If not........... Excel stores in Windows\Temp(win98) folder a copy(s) of any file that is open. Sometimes this *.tmp file is not deleted from the Temp folder when you close out Excel(maybe a crash of Excel?) or the file, so Excel thinks it is still open and locked for editing. You can try a re-boot and see if that clears it up. If not, after a re-boot, clear out your Windows\Temp folder. If using WinXP ...

Help with Lists (tables), Filters, & Worksheets
I'm hoping that I'm just missing something and somebody out there can help me. I'm using Excel 2007, but I'm trying to do something that would also be backwardly compatible. I've used the table (list) function to create a list of campers & associated data for my son's summer camp. What we want to do is have tabbed worksheets within the workbook that shows that data in different views. So, for instance, the first tab is the master list, but the second tab is filtered for the kids in the 1st session youngest class, the third tab is filtered for the kids in the...

Can't send email to certain domains #2
One of my recipients switched iSPs, and when they did, I get an error when trying to send email to that user. The error states that I do not have permission I get an smtp error message: smtp;554 5.7.1 The server sending your mail [my public ip address] does not have a reverse DNS entry. Connectoin Rejected. Please contact your dial-up/dsl/network isp provider. default rejection! the isp of my recipient says that I don't have a ptr set for my domain. Is the problem on my server or with my hosting company? The problem is with your ISP you need to request them to add a PTR record (...