Is it possible to create Drop Down Lists?

Is this feasible in excel? Or is it just easier to add comments if yo
want to provide choices of inputs

Hi
this is quite easy. Have a look at 'Data - Validation - List'. Also
see:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

> Is this feasible in excel? Or is it just easier to add comments if
you
> want to provide choices of inputs?
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
4/22/2004 5:37:09 AM
Shadestreet, read about drop-down lists in Debra Dalgleish's discussion of
Data Validation at http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html.

DDM
"DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks"
www.ddmcomputing.com

"shadestreet >" <<shadestreet.153mt8@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Is this feasible in excel? Or is it just easier to add comments if you
> want to provide choices of inputs?
>

> ---

DDMara (266)
4/22/2004 5:41:50 AM
Thanks, excellent tips

Creating a Macro to Compact all .pst files
Can someone point me to an example of a macro that would: Go through all open .pst files (I have about 20 pst files) Empty the trash in each .pst file Compact each .pst file I'm using Outlook XP on Windows XP Pro SP1. Outlook XP allegedly compacts automagically, though I have yet to observe it doing so. In any case, help on writing such a macro would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Compacting a PST file is not something you can control from code. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder ...

exporting excel data to create new contact list in outlook
I have an excel data file of 300 contacts separated out into first name etc and I want to send an email to each of them now and in the future. How can I do this without reentering all of the data? WhenI send information can I just have the contact group name e.g Conference participants rather than the 300 email addresses in the "to" box. This is what currently happens (not that I want it to) when I send emails using outlook groups. ...

Problem in creating simple project with Visual C++ .NET
Hi all, I'm new to the Visual Studio .Net and I'm trying to create a simple "Hello World" project usnig Visual C++. Here's what I did: - In the 'New Project' dialog box, I selected 'Visual C++ Projects' in the 'Project Types' list. - Then in the 'Templates' list, I selected 'Win32 Console project' - In the 'Name' field I entered "Win32Test" (my project name) - I clicked on 'OK' and the project has been created with all the necessary files. - I opened the 'Win32Test.cpp' and added the following ...

How to create an xml schema editor
Hi, Could anyone give me any idea as to how to create an xml schema editor in c#. Thanks. Priya wrote: > Could anyone give me any idea as to how to create an xml schema editor in c#. You might want to look at the source code of XML Notepad <URL:http://www.codeplex.com/xmlnotepad> -- Martin Honnen --- MVP XML http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/ ...

New user account/mail box created is not resolving Exchange 2003
I have created a user account and mail enabled the same it happend sucsessfully. when i try to configure outlook2003 it gives me the error "the action could not be completed.the name could not be matched to a name in the address list".I am able to resolve all the existing accounts thru outlook , but the new ids created are not getting resolved. Thanks & regards Raisal Have you check the email addresses of the user account? Make sure RUS is stamping your new user accounts. "Raisal" <Raisal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00872B93-46A4-47...

Outlook Express 6.0 drops line
Whenever I press "send" in outlook express 6.0 (under w2000) to send mail, outlook initially drops the phone line on the initial attempt. After redialing it is possible to send the mail. Any ideas???? Don Sass <donald_sass_removethisextrastuff@gov.nt.ca> wrote: > Whenever I press "send" in outlook express 6.0 (under > w2000) to send mail, outlook initially drops the phone > line on the initial attempt. After redialing it is > possible to send the mail. > Any ideas???? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospa...

drop-down list #2
Is there a way to set up a drop-down list that shows numerous cells, yet only fills in one cell? (ie...I have a list of banks in one column and the account numbers in the next column. I'd like to see both when I pull the list down, but only the account number fill in when selected. Is this possible? -- Thank, Lori I am running Excel 2003 and it looks like drop down lists only show 1 column. could you do the application in Access, where you can show more than one column then use the menu option to export to Excel for further analysis? "Lori" wrote: > Is there a...

Send as dist. list?
Hi, I'm attempting to allow a group of users to send mail out as a distribution group and having some issues. Basically I'm finding that if I give an individual user account full control on the security tab of a dist list that they can't send, but if I add that same user to the domain admins group that they are then able to send as the list. What additional rights could possibly be needed to get this to work without making the user a domain admin (done in test environment obviously). I was under the impression that all the user account needed was 'send as' but t...

Create Formula
I need to create a formula where I add a set number of Networkdays to a start date. Example: Start Date = 1/2/07 Number of Networkdays = 21 End Date = Is calculated If Start = 1/2/07 and 21 Networkdays are added, what is the retured end date???? I can only find example of Networkdays where I would be providing the Start and End Dates, and it will calculate the Networkdays. I can't find example where End Date is calculated based on the number of networkdays from start date. Can anyone help with a valid formula for this? Thanks!! Look for =workday() in Excel's help. (Also part o...

creating data for values between 2 numbers
This is something that I have been trying to do for a long time and sort of gave up on it... but since the issue came up again, I’m going to try to ask for help again. I issue out forms, all with sequential numbers on them, to customers. These forms have lots of data on them like Name, License plate number, destination, ext. Right now with my current database, if I issue 1000 forms to the same person, and they are using the same vehicle, I have put all the data in the 1st form, save it, carry it over, and then change the number and save it again... and do this 1000 times unt...

AD New User Creation Does Not Automatically Create Email Address
My AD is controlled is also my Exchange server and previously when I created a new account it would also create a mailbox and email address for the new user. Now the new account creation creates an AD user and mailbox but does not populate the email address for either smtp or x400. Also is does not put the new user into the exchange address book. Can anyone help Sounds like a RUS problem: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;288807 >-----Original Message----- >My AD is controlled is also my Exchange server and previously when I >created a new account it would...

drop down box or list
how can I create a drop down box or list in a work sheet? I'm using excel 2000 any help appriciated thanks jerie Hi jerie See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "jerie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d4201c50104$44453390$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how can I create a drop down box or list in a work sheet? > I'm using excel 2000 > > any help appriciated > > thanks jerie ...

How can I eliminate old addresses in the drop down on To:line
When I begin to fill out the To: line after I type the first letter, every email address I've ever sent with that letter appears in a drop down box. How do I get rid of some of them but not all of them? Any advice is appreciated. use the arrow key to select it then press Del. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-ti...

custom a list
Hi, In excel, I can type in a date and drag it. It will give me a list of another dates. For example: if I type in 11/1/04 and drag it, I can see 11/1/04 ( monday), 11/2/04, 11/3/04, 11/04/04, 11/5/04, 11/06/04, 11/07/04, 11/8/04 (monday). ----------------- I would like to have a list that will take out 11/06/04 and 11/07/04 because these dades are Sat and Sun. -------- May I use marco to create the list? or use custom lists located on Tools---options. -------------------------- or Can I put a calendar on Excel sheet so users can select a specific date? If you think that I can, Ple...

Issue importing pick list values using Import Wizard
-- Paul Croubalian VAR Sales - North America PARTpoint Inc ...

Display a list of unique values from a column with multiple instances
Hi- I have a list in a column (column A) that has many duplicate values. I am looking to create a list of the unique values from column A into another column (column F). I just want to display the values from col A into col F without deleting any values from col A. From there I am planning on doing a countif based on the value in col F to see how many duplicates I have. I want to do this dynamically because anyone can add a new value in col A but I don't want to have to manually compare unique values in col A against col F to do the counts. Col A contains ID numbers that can be repeat...

BD in Access ---> SQL + WinForm in -Net
Hi, sorry for my english, I have a problem of conceptual design of my database, i hope you can help me. This is a shop with a variety of articles (Posters, mobiles, decorative objects among others), which have different characteristics, Plates: size, author, image, ... Moviles: brand, size, weight .... Flashlight: Power, material, color, ... ......... ......... I decided to make a table tblCategoria and another tblArticulo: TblCategoria: id, name, description, picture TblArticulo: id, category, images, prices And here i have the problem, I would like how to save every property of the artic...

Find Text in List Box
I've looked hi and lo for code to find text in a List Box using the Find input box in AC 2007. Finding text in the form works ok but finding it in a List Box doesn't seem to work. Can anyone point me to a web site or let me know what code I might need to accomplish this? Thanks, James Hi James, List and combo boxes are objects (controls) that have row and column properties. You need to find or write a routine that visits each column of each row in turn and tests for your search string. It seems to me this is a classic case for using VBA's OOP functionality. Design a class ...

How to Create statistical Characters

Creating a fixture list
I have used a macro to gererate fixtures for a league but it doesn't calculate properly. All teams should play each other once, (ie 10 teams - 90 matches). I have used the following macro. Thanks for your help in advance. Sub leagueMatch() Dim i, j As Long Dim datacolumn As String Dim resultColumn As String Dim firstRow, lastRow, currRow As Long datacolumn = "A" resultColumn = "C" firstRow = 1 currRow = 1 lastRow = Range(datacolumn & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row For i = firstRow To lastRow - 1 For j = i + 1 To lastRow Range(resultColu...

Creating a 3-D Model on a Form
I need to try and create a 3-d Model of a human on a form, it needs to rotate and allow the user to click on a location on the body for placement of an X. Any ideas? "Blondie" <Blondie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A8FCC3C-6B83-41FD-A497-B19546066708@microsoft.com... >I need to try and create a 3-d Model of a human on a form, it needs to >rotate > and allow the user to click on a location on the body for placement of an > X. > Any ideas? Hum, perahps this 3d contorl: http://www.sharewareconnection.com/kernelcad-net.htm ...

How do I create a Hyperlink in the Email sent using Assigned Workf
I have created a workflow when users are assigned a case. I need to have an active hyperlink within the email sent to the user. So the user can go directly to cases. Hi, You need to construct the URL. Checkout following URL for more help; http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa685801.aspx -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Lisalis529" wrote: > I have created a workflow when users are assigned a case. I need to have an > active hyperlink within the...

Create timeline for 2500 B.C. to 100 B.C.?
Visio only allows me to create timeline for after 1900 AD. Can I use Visio to create a timeline for 2500 BC to 100 BC? Visio's Divided timeline has exactly what I need except I can not enter BC as the start and end time. And Visio always require end time to be greater than the start time. Any suggestion on how I can do this in Visio? You're not going to be able to use the timeline because the code is linked to the system clock (only goes back to 1900). You'll have to use the vanilla shapes that come with visio. Al "Little Black Sheep" <Little Bl...

Drop down arrow missing from pivot table
Hi, When I go back to a pivot table I have set up, the drop down arrow within all the fields disappears. Does anyone know how I can retrieve these? Is there some kind of function to turn this on/off? the table has not been cut/pasted - i can still move the boxes around, and using version 2000 thanks ...

Create a folder in Word on export
I am in the process of created several forms that will merge data to Word Templates that are legal documents. What I need to do is; 1) look in a defined folder in Word and determine if another folder exist if not create the folder and name it based on a field on the Access Form. 2) Once the folder is created save the merged.doc as a saveas naming it the same name as the template or a name from a field on the form, or if the folder in Word already exist, do a saveas to the that folder, then display the .doc for possible changes. Also if it is not obvious I’m a newbe. I know from wha...