Is a Drop Down box the best function to use?

I have a worksheet template that I want use for 70 different countries. I am
trying to figure out a way that allows me to choose and then fill out the
template for a chosen country without having to create 70 worksheets. ie. I
don't want to create a mother of a file. Can I somehow incorporate a drop
down box or something similar which allows me to do this?

0
Ant (53)

Hi
Have a look at Data|Validation. Using this you can create a drop-down box
and link the list to a range of cells.

Andy.

"Ant" <Ant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a worksheet template that I want use for 70 different countries. I
>am
> trying to figure out a way that allows me to choose and then fill out the
> template for a chosen country without having to create 70 worksheets. ie.
> don't want to create a mother of a file. Can I somehow incorporate a drop
> down box or something similar which allows me to do this?

0
andybayley (21)
5/20/2005 6:33:43 PM
Debra Dalgleish has some very nice notes if you've never used this feature
before:

--

Dave Peterson
0

Restricting the reactivationg cases function
In many customer service environments, the reactivation of existing cases is an exceptional procedure, to be performed only by a supervisor. I can't seem to find the right way of assigning a security role to accomplish this. Any ideas? -- Juan Fidalgo Sr. Bus. Analyst SCI If the role has update case, read activity and write activity then you should be able to Reactivate the case. Please also refer to Appendix A: Security Roles and Privileges http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb954998.aspx This doc has detial privileges that are required in each of SDK message. -- This p...

Excel Functions #2
hi guys, just wondered if anyone knew which function i would use to do this, because im fairly novice with excel: Basically if the cell value is above 110 i want the cell to turn green if the cell value is between 110 and 105 i want it to turn yellow if the cell value is below 105 i want it to turn red any help would be seriously appreciated. thanks spotseven wrote: > hi guys, just wondered if anyone knew which function i would use to > do this, because im fairly novice with excel: > > Basically if the cell value is above 110 i want the cell to turn gr...

How do I delete a text box from an Excel spreadsheet?
Rightclick on it and select cut If the textbox is from the control toolbox toolbar, you may have to click on the designmode icon first. Uncle Binky wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

TRIM FUNCTION in QUERY
Hello, What do I put to trim off the spaces after a value in query? The table is obtained from ODBC link and the values on a field somehow got spaces. Example: My field in the query is: WC: PO_WORKCENTER_ID Not sure WC: TRIM(PO_WORKCENTER_ID) ???? That should work. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Cam" wrote: > Hello, > > What do I put to trim off the spaces after a value in query? The table is > obtained from ODBC link and the values on a field somehow got spaces. Example: > > My...

use of xsd.exe
VS2005. I'm running a stored procedure and am stuffing the output into a dataset. I want the dataset to be strongly-typed, but can't seem to get quite what I want out. Performing a "Fill" on a generic dataset, I can get the schema of the data being returned. A snippet appears below: <xs:element name="Table2"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="PRODUCT_GROUP" msprop:OraDbType="126" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" /> <xs:element ...

Using insert to paste a row--how done in Excel 2007
Hi, In my old version of Excel, I could copy a row or chunk of rows, move to a new spot and use the "insert row" icon to insert the rows and paste it automatically. Now in Office 2007 it just inserts a row instead of what I have copied. I want it the old way! How do I do it? -- Thanks, PTweety R-click, Insert Copied Cells. pickytweety wrote: > Hi, > In my old version of Excel, I could copy a row or chunk of rows, move to a > new spot and use the "insert row" icon to insert the rows and paste it > automatically. Now in Office 2007 it just inserts a r...

Saving Excel workbook in SQL server using c#
Could anyone please help me out as to how we can save the excel workbook in the database and read it back. I was able to convert the text files and image files into binary format and save them to the DB and finally able to retrive them back in the same format. But was unable to do same for the excel object. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, regards, jitender ...

Best practices on staffing CRM projects post implementation
I am looking for best practices and industry standards for staffing a CRM project post initial implementation. What is needed to be successful, not only from an IT standpoint, but from the business and training sides as well? What would the recommendation be (as far as staffing) needed to successfully support and further develop a CRM solution for a company with 1,500 plus employees, 500 plus CRM users. You might be able to find information through this link http://www.microsoft.com/midsizebusiness/products/business-management-solutions/microsoft-dynamics-crm-40.aspx#overview "Miche...

How can I Enable a Check Box based on another fields value?
Hi There, I have a form with a disabled check box. I need to enable it when a certain value ("approved") is selected from a combo box. When I am in Form Design View and I have the Check Box selected the Conditional Formatting menu item on the Format menu is greyed out. I am using Access 2003. Can you tell me what I need to do to make this work? Many thanks, David As you've discovered, Conditional Formatting isn't availabe to checkboxes. Try this: Private Sub Form_Current() If Me.YourComboBox = "Approved" Then YourCheckBox.Enabled = True Else YourChe...

Looking for someone who can integrate CRM with GP using SCRIBE Integration tool
Hi, Is anyone out there in Sydney area who would like to help us in doing integration between CRM 4 and GP 10 through SCRIBE integration tool for a fee? We are looking for someone who has already done integration between these two applications using SCRIBE. You will have to do bit of customisations in the SCRIBE standard templates. If anyone available, you can contact me through my email badri1203@gmail.com Badri ...

Combo box choice outcome
I have a combo box with the following choices: Checks_Walkthrough Checks_Monitor Research_Case Inventory_Maint Task_Cable Task_Misc New Issue What I want is if anything BUT "New issue" is selected, two fields in the same form as the combo box are populated by other data in the table the above list is pulled from. I can get this to happen by itself. Me.Text27.Value = Me.imac.Column(2) Me.model.Value = Me.imac.Column(3) If "New Issue" is selected, I want another form 'New_case' to open and enter the required data there. I can get this to work alone ...

Passing Values from One Form to Another Including a Combo Box
Hi, hope someone can help with passing two values from one form to another by way of a command button. I have spent a week on various code taken from this site, but still no luck. Please ... someone help!! The form I am passing values from is called PATIENT HISTORY-Form. On this form, I need to pass a date from a field called DateSFESigned and I also need to pass information collected from a Combo box, Combo91. The command button is called Command119. The form that the values are being passed to is called Personal Habits- Form. Thank you in advance for any help on this matter. Maurita ...

How do I turn on drag and drop in MS Word 2007?
It seems that drag and drop has stopped working..... I have no clue why. There are instructions on how to turn drag and drop on/off for MS Word 2003, but I can't find the directions on how to do this for Word 2007. I'd like to turn this back on. Can anyone help? Click on the the Office Button (top/left) and at the bottom of that window click on Word Options. In that window choose Advanced. Drag and Drop is the third choice down. (That said... it doesn't always work even when you have selected it. Sigh) The problem could have to do with the Symbols dialog box. When you...

Help With Problem: Nested IF Function, Office2K v Office2003
Hello Group, I'm looking for some help with a nested IF worksheet function. Shown below is a formula that I'm using in a model. =SUM(IF(worksheet!$A$3:$A$54=DATEVALUE("9/1/2005"),IF(worksheet!$B$3:$B$54="<90",worksheet!$C$3:$C$54,0),0)) If short, what I'm trying to do is scan the data in two columns and for any cells which meet the TRUE case in both columns, then sum the third numbers for all cases returning TRUE-TRUE. If either cell returns a FALSE, then enter 0. I created the original formulas and model in Office2000 and have used the model for more tha...

Are there functions/Or Events that are called automatically when the database file first opens and When it closes?
All, I'm assuming its "Public Function init_something()" but I can't seem to find a reference to the correct syntax. I'm using Access 2007. Basically what I'm trying to do is initialize a list of global variables and I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Option Compare Database Public VariableName As String 'Call Init - Will throw an error 'VariableName = "Hello World" - Will throw an error Option Explicit Public Function Init() VariableName = "Hello World" End Function Private Sub btName_Click() ...

Using A CTabView
Hi, I need to implement a tab control which contains a number of custom controls on each tab page. For example my custom control has a number of LED type static controls and a list control. Its quite small, 200x200. I need a number of them in a tab page. They need to aligned underneath each other with a static label above each giving a description of each one. I also need to be able to scroll down if I have too many to fit into one page. Has anyone done something similar or can suggest where to look?? Cheers ...

HOW USE 2 LANGUAGES IN AX. ???????????
Hello I have problem and I need Help: 1. Axapta using English Language in all system 2. I need write something in Russian Language. When I use Russian Keyboard and I wriet somethings in Axapta fields is ok, but after this Russian words was change and I see only symbol likely this ??????? (query) 3. In MS SQL database in the fields I see words likely this symbol ??????? (query) Please send my all information how I can write something in different Languages in this same Axapta - I need write simultaneously in 2 Languages. Please send answer on ma email: search1234@wp.pl Thank...

Using a Space in Webbrowser Control
Hello: As usual, I've run into a problem with something that is probably so simple... any help is appreciated. I'm using the webbrowser control with the navigate method. The url I'm using needs a space (which I know is not normally allowed, but it works directly in firefox and IE). Here's some sample code: ------------------------------------ strWebPage = "http://www.imdb.com" &" ?" & Text2.Text txtURL.Text = strWebPage Web1.Navigate txtURL.Text Do While Web1.ReadyState <> READYSTATE_COMPLETE DoEvents Loop DoEven...

Best Practice for Vistualizing SBS 2003 R2 with ISA installed
Hi all, I am flirting with the idea to put to test the following virtualization: Server 2008 R2 + Hyper-V as host and ( HW = Xeon Quad; 8 GBs RAM; RAID 5; 2 NICs) SBS 2003 R3 as guest VM I need some ideas, gotchas and tips on how to make it workable Thanks, Dan This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01CA7A48.A8A72240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable First and most importantly, its not supported by Microsoft to virtualize = SBS 2003 (any flavor) USB will not w...

Cash-Basis Reporting using GP Analytical Accounting
We are a new GP 8 customer, still in the process of implementation, migrating from QuickBooks Pro. We are a non-profit and have unique reporting needs for our board and donors. We switched from cash-basis to accrual accounting about 2 years ago. However, a lot of our reports are still run on a cash-basis level, we need to be able to report on a cash basis as well as accrual basis. I know ther eis a cash-basis tool add-on for GP from AIM technologies. But I was wondering if the GP Analytical Accouning or multidimensional module would give us the same functionality and flexibility in g...

A Lange & Sohne Langematik Watch, Best Wristwatch
A Lange & Sohne Langematik Watch, Best Wristwatch Fashion Watches: http://www.watchess.net/ A Lange & Sohne Watches: http://www.watchess.net/A_Lange_Sohne_Watches.html A Lange & Sohne Langematik Watch: http://www.watchess.net/A_Lange_Sohne_Langematik.html A Lange & Sohne Langematik All Hot Luxury Wristwatch : A Lange & Sohne Langematik Perpetual Mens Watch 310.025 : http://www.watchess.net/A_Lange_Sohne_Langematik_Perpetual_Mens_Watch_310.025.html A Lange & Sohne Langematik Big Date Mens Watch 308.032 : http://www.watchess.net/A_Lange_Sohne_Langematik_Big_Date_Men...

How do I determine whether my exchange server is being used to relay SPAM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C41E7A.F70E2800 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have recently changed from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. We have also = instituted an signature program for our outgoing email. This week I have = been getting NDR's from sites and some say that our site is sending them = SPAM. I beleive that either these sites are registering the signatures = as SPAM or our server is relaying SPAM messages. How do I determine = this, I imagine that some logs would show t...

Create hyperlinks using VLOOKUP?
I would like to enter a model number(CM3636a) in A1. When entered, is there a way to lookup in a table and create a hyperlink automatically? I have hundreds of model numbers which I want to associate a diagram(jpg). I only want to do this once, then everytime the same model number is entered, a link is created to that diagram. Can anyone think of any ingenious ideas on how to achieve something like this? Joe Hi if you have the name of a file in column b try something like =HYPERLINK("C:\temp\" & VLOOKUP(A1,'lookuptable'!A1:B100,2,0) & ".jpg") -- Regards...

problem with mulit-column value list combo box
I am trying to read the values of 2 columns of the selected item in a multi-column combo box. cboField1 is the multi-column combo box cboField1.rowsource=3Dr1c1;r1c2;r2c1;r2c2;r3c1;r3c2..... cboField1 Row Source Type=3DValue List cboField1 Column Count=3D2 Me("cboField1").ItemData(2) gives me the value for column #1 in row #2 Me("cboField1").Column(1) gives me the value for column #2 in row #1 I can't find the syntax for getting the value for column #2 in row #2. Thanks for any help! THANKS! David G. On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:38:31 -0500, Dav...

Is it possible to measure/display the column width with a cell function?
Wednesday afternoon Is it possible to measure/display the column width with a cell function? I need to adjust some columns for a report. But I cannot find a way to display the current width in units that I can then place in a VBA macro. Would be very good to have the macro read the values entered in a set of columns and change the width accordingly. (This is very easy in Quattro pro.) J Have a look at ShowWidth at: http://www.sulprobil.com/html/get_cell.html HTH, Bernd -- Use non-volatile INDEX(P11:IV65536,1+w,1+y):INDEX(P11:IV65536,w+y,x+z) instead of volatile OFFSET(P11,w,x,y,z)...