Intermittent file save errors

When working with a 7.5 meg workbook in Excel 2000 every
now and again we get the following error msg "Your changes
could not be saved to 'BOOK1.XLS', but were saved
to '4CCA4100'. Close the existing document, then open the
temporary document and save it under a new name." We save
to a network drive.The local drive has plenty of free
space. Is the file too big?

This type of error is usually caused by too many files in your C:\Temp
directory. Delete all files in C:\Temp directory and see if the error
persists.

Regards
Jed

"Bernard" <bernard@e-innovation.co.za> wrote in message
> When working with a 7.5 meg workbook in Excel 2000 every
> now and again we get the following error msg "Your changes
> could not be saved to 'BOOK1.XLS', but were saved
> to '4CCA4100'. Close the existing document, then open the
> temporary document and save it under a new name." We save
> to a network drive.The local drive has plenty of free
> space. Is the file too big?

------=_NextPart_000_019B_01C351BC.B7629AA0

Actually c:\windows\temp

  "jed" <vinod.jethwa@baesystems.com> wrote in message =
  This type of error is usually caused by too many files in your C:\Temp
  directory. Delete all files in C:\Temp directory and see if the error
  persists.

  Regards
  Jed

  "Bernard" <bernard@e-innovation.co.za> wrote in message
  > When working with a 7.5 meg workbook in Excel 2000 every
  > now and again we get the following error msg "Your changes
  > could not be saved to 'BOOK1.XLS', but were saved
  > to '4CCA4100'. Close the existing document, then open the
  > temporary document and save it under a new name." We save
  > to a network drive.The local drive has plenty of free
  > space. Is the file too big?

------=_NextPart_000_019B_01C351BC.B7629AA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Cooper Black">Actually c:\windows\temp</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"jed" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:vinod.jethwa@baesystems.com">vinod.jethwa@baesystems.com</=
A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:3f1fcd8e@baen1673807.greenlnk.net">news:3f1fcd8e@baen1673807=
..greenlnk.net</A>...</DIV>This=20
  type of error is usually caused by too many files in your=20
  C:\Temp<BR>directory. Delete all files in C:\Temp directory and see if =
the=20
  error<BR>persists.<BR><BR>Regards<BR>Jed<BR><BR>"Bernard" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:bernard@e-innovation.co.za">bernard@e-innovation.co.za</A>=
&gt;=20
  wrote in message<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"news:0b6301c351da$48b5cbe0$a401280a@phx.gbl">news:0b6301c351da$48=
b5cbe0$a401280a@phx.gbl</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
  When working with a 7.5 meg workbook in Excel 2000 every<BR>&gt; now =
and again=20
  we get the following error msg "Your changes<BR>&gt; could not be =
saved to=20
  'BOOK1.XLS', but were saved<BR>&gt; to '4CCA4100'. Close the existing=20
  document, then open the<BR>&gt; temporary document and save it under a =
new=20
  name." We save<BR>&gt; to a network drive.The local drive has plenty =
of=20
  free<BR>&gt; space. Is the file too =
big?<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_019B_01C351BC.B7629AA0--

It all depends on what version of Windows you're using. Mine is
neither of these. To be sure, go to a command prompt and type
"set" and look for the lines that start with TEMP= and TMP=

Jordon

"Lady Layla" wrote
> Actually c:\windows\temp

"jed" wrote

"Bernard" wrote in message
> > > When working with a 7.5 meg workbook in Excel 2000 every
> > > now and again we get the following error msg "Your changes
> > > could not be saved to 'BOOK1.XLS', but were saved
> > > to '4CCA4100'. Close the existing document, then open the
> > > temporary document and save it under a new name." We save
> > > to a network drive.The local drive has plenty of free
> > > space. Is the file too big?

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

CSV File Problem

CFile (delete file)

import a 123 file

Help, I cannot Save!

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Public Folder link to Excel File

.pdf save as settings

Error in Outlook Today

Renaming Partial File Names

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

Budget Wont Save
I have have Money 2002 for awhile and have never been able to save a budget and start a new one. I decided to start over with a new file, but once I get all my info back in there, it still won't save. MS has no info in the KB about this. Anyone else have this issue? ...

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

unknown .edb file

printing imported gif files in Excel