Interest/Principle calculations not working

I'm trying to set up a simple spreadsheet that will show
car loan payments over 48 months, using the PMT and IPMT
Paste Functions.  I have three columns showing Interest,
Principle and Balance Due.  I'm dividing the Int. by 12,
but the balance keeps getting to 0 at payment 45, not 48.
Any ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)

You might have to post more details, Kristen.  Like in A1 I have 20,000 and
in B1 this formula =xxx and C3 this one =yyy, etc.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1932)
12/15/2003 6:36:20 PM
I fixed it!  I was thinking I had to feed the new lower
balance back into the IMPT Paste Function every time it
recalculated, while I should have been using the original
principle.  Thanks.

0
anonymous (74722)

This calculation is just wrong / computer can't count!
I have been debugging something for ages now. I have a method that does some complex maths, but right at the beginning it works out a proportion and a few ratios and the maths is simply wrong. In my code I (obviously) use variables and the values vary each time the method is called, but there seems to a problem with the maths. I have narrowed the problem down to the following. Can someone else please try this simply calculation and see what their computer gets. Code Line 1: double effortChangeProportion = (55.0 - 30.0) / 30.0; This first line does 55-30 and divides the result by 30. I...

Calculation not working
I have entered a RIGHT function, when i go to Insert, Function command and do RIGHT(G3,2), calculation shows up correctly in function box, but does not calculate in cell itself. Still displays command RIGHT(G3,2) What am I doing incorrectly? Have checked Tools, Options, Calculation, and Automatic is checked. Thanks in advance for your co-operation. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200602/1 Did you actually start the formula with an equal sign: =right(g3,2) If you did, try formatting the cell as General. Then select the cell, hit F2 an...

Outlook 2003 Headers Only doesn't work
Hello, I have Outlook 2003 that connects to an exchange 2003. My setup is as follows: - Outlook in cached modus - In the file-menu I selected under Outlook in cached modus: Headers only - In the setup menu send and receive under the Exchange account I selected also for the folders Inbox and Sent Items the bullet for Headers Only Below in the right corner is stated Connected (Headers only). However everytime a message comes in, the whole message is downloaded. When I first connect, the headers come in and afterwards the body is downloaded. Please help! Carl Do you have any 3rd ...

display of calculation result is wrong
I've created a spreadsheet where certain input values seem to cause an incorrect value to appear in a cell. The calculation result should display the calue of 90%, but the cell shows a value of 168%. I have two other cells that reference this cell: one shows the corerct value of 90%, and the other shows 168%. This is really weird - I've neve seen this before. Why is Excel showing the wrong value? I checking the calculation with my hand calculator, the correct value is 90%. When I cut and paste "values" to another cell, the number is the incorrect value of 168. ...

works 4.0
I have been using Microsoft Works 4.0 on an iMac for years. I now bought a Mac G5 which has Microsoft Office 2004 for the Mac version 11.0. I have not been able to effectively open any of my documents on the new computer. I am hoping someone can direct me to software, compatible with OS X, which will allow access to my files including a book I am writing and my address files in a data base. I also have Appleworks 6.2.9 on the computer. Thank you for any help you can give me. DataViz has conversion software that I think handles Works 4.0. http://www.dataviz.com/products/maclinkplus/index.h...

Concatinate worked but...
I have joined the first name and last name of my sheet using: =I17&" "&J17 But, when I go to export the sheet, it doesn't put anything in where the forumula is for each row. How do I turn the displayed names when exporting? You will need to convert the formula to its actual value. Us Copy>Paste Special..Values to accomplish this. Then Export. HT -- swatsp0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1510 View this thread: http://www.excelfor...

Crystal Report Formula for FIFO Costing Calculation
I am writing a report in V9.0 Crystal Reports and having an issue with a formula, hopefully someone can help. My situation is this: If I have a Quantity of 10 on an Order and my Receiving layers are as follows • 1/1/06 – Qty 2 – 10.00 • 1/5/06 – Qty 5 – 14.00 • 1/8/06 – Qty 20 – 16.00 What should happen is if this Invoice is the First Invoice Number or the earliest Invoice Number with this Item then upon Posting the Invoice it will Grab the 2 for 10.00, the 5 for 14.00 and 3 of the 20 for 16.00, giving me an Average cost of 13.80 per unit. I need the report to formulate the same concl...

stumped: For- Next Code doesn't work?
This code goes through 3 work sheets in the same XL workbook, day, eve and night shift in each sheet their are columns representing production work orders and reject and downtime for each order so in the tblproductiondetail there is one record for each work order and many reject or downtime records (one to many) code works fine to get a new record for each work order main info but when creating the sub table related records for rejcts and downtime it writes the same autonumber over and over again. Public Sub dBSAVE() DayShift EveningShift NightShift End Sub Sub NightShift() Dim db As Dat...

Principal & Interest Formula
Hi all, I am trying to complete a principal & interest formula that remain empty in the target cell if no loan amount is entered, =IF(E20="","")*PMT(H20,30,-E20) E20 = Loan amount H20 = Interest Rate L45 = Target cell With the above cell i get Value as an answer. Can anyone help me out with completing this formula? -- Thanks in advance. Scoober =IF(E20="","",PMT(H20,30,-E20)) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Scoober" <Scoober@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B...

Outlook doesn't work #2
Have installed Office xp pro with frontpage. All other programmes work. But Outlook doesn't. There are no Icons on the main page ( for starting calendar, ect) When I try to start any New contact or task I get error message that : "Cannot Find item please try again". This a new PC which came with Office 2003(trial) which I have deleted. Office XP Professional with FrontPage is a widely pirated Enterprise only version of Office. I suggest you purchase a valid, legal retail copy. You get what you pay for, in this case, nothing but problems. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

the date format is not working ,sort by date doesn't work.
I have this Excel spreadsheet, I took the year from one column, and the month from another column and put it in one column together, it looks like AUG 1989, but when i try to sort by Date it doesn't. I'm sure the format is incorrect. Rosa How did you combine the month and year? Did you Concatenate them? Sounds like these are now treated as text. Try Data>Text to Columns>Next>Next>Column Data Format>Date>MDY and Finish. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:16:02 -0700, "Rosa Campos" <RosaCampos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I...

Filter a Reports calculated field
I have a report that draws data from various tables, and makes some calculations with information from the tables. I need to run a report that will automatically filter the calculated field eg. The report will only show the records > 10% Is this possible using SQL and if so how? Andy Gibson wrote: >I have a report that draws data from various tables, and makes some >calculations with information from the tables. > >I need to run a report that will automatically filter the calculated field >eg. The report will only show the records > 10% > >Is this possible ...

working out the day from the date
Hiya, Basically I have a table tblRubbishPickUp which records the weight of rubbish picked up on certain dates, the table has the fields (Weight, Date, Driver) I want to be able to work out the actual day i.e Monday, Tues, Wed etc does anyone know the formulae that you enter in to the query to figure this out? Fie In a query: PickupDay: Format([Date], "DDDD") -- Cheers, Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Fie" wrote: > Hiya, > Basically I have a table tblRubbishPickUp which records the weig...

Working with Splitter Window
Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to have multiple SplitterWindows in one application?! I mean I want to choose between two SplitterWindows and show one at a time (for simplicity I said two, sure I'll have much more than two). Well If I could set SplitterWindow for a View object, I could've hide a view and show the other one but it seems that SplitterWindow can be attached only to MainFrame!! And something funny is that I can't use SplitterWindow for an SDI app that does not use Document/View architecture, even though it has MainFrame?? In this case overriding OnCreateClient...

Ol2k3 - Reminder box
Using Ol2k3 on W2kProf. When the reminder box (summary box) pop ups i try to open the item (mark the item and press open button or use right mouse-Click an open but it DOES NOT work ... Ideas -- Zill ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Zille's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=26 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-186938868 ...

Have Server reply using "Message" rule doesnt seem to work for our
Ive had many recent requests to generate "auto emails" for mailboxes for any email that recieve. I figured it was simple enough to open the mailbox, and make a rule using the "Have server reply using" option with a custom built message and it would reply to any and all emails (barring exceptions) with our custom message. That however doesnt seem to be the case. What im seeing is it replies ONCE tops, for the first message it sees, and then no more. Even if its different users it just doesnt reply. If I use the "run rule now" option with the mailbox open its...

Calculate the date of the next Friday dependent on the current dat
I am trying to write a formula that compares a tasks start date with the date of the next Friday depending on the current date. This will negate the need for Project Managers to update the status date in the project plans for my reports to be accurate. Can anyone help with a function that will calculate the date of the next Friday based on the current date. Any help much appreciated. -- Regards Chris Marriott Below are formula that will retrun the friday of the curent week assumming the week starts on Sunday. One that uses the project curent date the other uses th...

Tools cease working
Frequently my font size tool, percent tool, and currency tools on the Formatting toolbar stops working. It has no action. Other times it works. Anyone know anything about this problem before I work to establishing a pattern? Excel 2002 SP2 Windows XP Thanks. It could be a bad xlb file. Search for *.xlb and move the found files somewhere else. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "c mateland" <chuckmateland@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1151720769.895348.319380@d30g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Frequ...

Working with non-default folders in VBA
I am trying to use VBA to write out a file, containing names and telephone numbers contained in a non-default folder. It is a Contacts folder, in my "Personal Folder" collection, called Hennepin, which exists as a subfolder of the default Contacts folder. The routine attempts to write out all names and business telephone numbers to a file called HennepinFile.txt. If and when I can get this simple operation to work, I hope to do some more complicated things with it. Unfortunately, It does not yet work. I am an end user, not a programmer, and do not yet understand this very well. ...

outlook was already on my computer but it's not working
I just got this computer and I was trying to use outlook which was already a part of my package but it wont give me a send button Ashley096 wrote: > I just got this computer and I was trying to use outlook which was > already a part of my package but it wont give me a send button Hi - not enough info to go on. Please repost/reply with a lot more detail. As in, version of Windows? Outlook? Type of mail account? Error messages? Do you have a mail account configured for use? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (...

Loan Calculation
Can I get some help with some loan calculation formula? I need to calculate payments based on 360/365/366/365.25 days in a year. That's one part. The other is, I also need to figure accurate payments if the days to first payment from date of contract is not the standard 30, say it is 1, 3, 10, 45, 60, 90, 100 etc, any number that the user can opt. How do I do this? Also I see some about last payment being different from the regular payments. WHat does that mean? Thanks Frank Hi, There are a load of financial functions built into excel. Have a look at the help pages for financial func...

OWA quits working
I have Ex Svr 2003 SP1 up and fully functional with no errors in the logs. OWA will work perfectly and then simply quit. Any attempt to browse to //servername/exchange yields a "the page cannot be displayed" error as well as "cannot find server or DNS error" It appears at this point that IIS is not functioning at all. I get the exact same error just browsing to the default website. It's not DNS, I get the same error when using DNS names and the IP address. I've tried restarting IIS to no avail. Nothing works except a shutdown and restart of the server. At tha...

Calculating Difference in days
I need to find the difference of the current date and an input value. It will be run in a query as a calculation and then used in a graph. Basically i'm trying to made a Gantt chart that will display 2 weeks back and 2 weeks ahead. The input value is [ExpectedDate]. Thanks Check Access HELP for the syntax on using the DateDiff() function. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "cmraguilar" <cmraguilar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:750FD1BC-9A87-4F37-9D86-370E205AEFD5@microsoft.com... >I need to find the difference of the current d...

Does INSTR() work on memo fields
Does INSTR() work on memo fields ? It seems like I'm not finding text that is there. On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 14:52:02 -0700, mscertified wrote: > Does INSTR() work on memo fields ? > > It seems like I'm not finding text that is there. Yes it does. Why not post exactly what you are trying to do and how you are doing it? -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail ...

How to make two codes "Worksheet_Change" work together in same sheet code page
Friends, Please, anybody knows how to make these two VB codes work together? When I put them together in the same "sheet code page" in VBA, th second one doesn't work. Why? *** Code 1 *** Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) * * On Error GoTo QuitCode * * If Intersect(Target, Range("c1:c15")) Is Nothing Then * * * * Exit Sub * * ElseIf Target.Value <>*"" And Target.Offset(0, -1).Value = "" Then * * * * MsgBox "You haven't typed the name of the client yet." * * * * Target.Offset(0, -1).Activate End If QuitCode: ...