Interactive Spreadsheet

Can someone provide me a web site of an Interactive Excel spreadsheet which
asks a user some general questions and then uses those answers to develop
worksheets behind the scenes???

Thanks in advance!
0
RTP (23)

RTP

Very general question.

Please provide a few more details.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:57:04 -0700, RTP <RTP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Can someone provide me a web site of an Interactive Excel spreadsheet which
>asks a user some general questions and then uses those answers to develop
>worksheets behind the scenes???
>
>Thanks in advance!

0
Gord

Synchronizing 2 spreadsheets in excel
Hi, I want to use 2 different spreadsheets - 1 which displays information for all staff and 1 which displays information for management only. How can I make the spreadsheet 1 synchronize with spreadsheet 2 (for extra data to be added to)? Is this possible? Thanks in advance - Sara ...

How do I import .dat files into spreadsheet or txt format?
I am using Vista and I tried to import this file into word, and Excel and Access with no luck. ...

interactive charts for stacked bar charts
I have been able to create/reproduce xy charts that use the offset() function to vary the x axis. I am not sure how to do this with a stacked bar chart when the y axis is based on several different columns. Any help would be appreciated. Data X Y Finger(s) - Puncture, 1,0,0,0,0 Hand - Avulsion, 0,1,0,0,0 Thumb - Laceration, 1,0,1,0,0 Finger(s) - Laceration, 1,0,0,1,1 Lower Leg - Laceration, 1,0,1,1,0 Ear(s) - HearLoss, 1,0,1,0,0 Thanks, JCANTU You can't use a dynamic rang...

Transferring Excel 97 spreadsheets to MS Works
Is there any way of transferring Excel back-ups on CD-RW from my previous PC - which has been stolen - to a new machine running MS Works without losing the comments added to certain cells. Furthermore, although the suggestion in Help of clicking File/New in a Works spreadsheet,then going to the file on CD-RW enables me to open the file, without the comments, but trying to save it to Works ends in failure. ...

iNTERACTIVE EXCEL FILE NOT INTERACTIVE ON THE WEB
I have an interactive excel file that is interactive in Dreamerweaver 2004 MX but when I publish it, it quits being interactive. Anybody know why? Thanks! ...

how do I remove many hyperlinks from a spreadsheet at one time?
Select all the cells (ctrl-A (twice in xl2003)) hit alt-f11 (to get to the VBE, where macros live) hit ctrl-g (to see the immediate window) type this and hit enter: selection.hyperlinks.delete Close the VBE and back to excel to see if it worked. === You could even just select a smaller range and just clean that since the command uses the current selection. davey wrote: -- Dave Peterson It is considered bad manners to ask your question in the subject line. Perhaps Delete all hyperlinks then ask the question in the BODY of the message A macro will do this for you activesheet.hyperli...

how to embed macro into new/create spreadsheet from outside of EXCEL?
I'm want to create a workbook that contains an auto open macro that I can then email to a business user. However, this must be done outside of Excel. In other words, I want to create a Workbook generated from outside of Excel like a downloaded .CSV file that has an Auto_Open macro already built into it so I don't have to open the workbook just to build the macro into it. Any help much appreciated. Thank you, Stuart ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum *** The .csv files...

Works spreadsheets
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C6A1DF.7F9BE560 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can anyone please tell me if it is possible to save an Excel 2002 = spreadsheet in a format that MS Works 8 will open...=20 I am using the datedif calculation i.e.. || =3DDATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"y") & = " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"ym") & " months, " & = DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"md") & " days" || This will give me an answer like = so....

Searching in Excel spreadsheet
Is there a way to change the shading of the found cell? When I do search, I cannot see the cell found as it is not shaded or distinguished in any way from the other cells. I have looked around but cannot find an option to change it so that I can actually see the result. Before you start your search click on the cell to the left of A and above 1 in the top left hand corner of the Worksheet. This should highlight the whole Worksheet. Now, when you do your search, your results will be much more clearly identified. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. ...

How do I change a spreadsheet from English to Spanish
Hi do you want to change the formula names? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Excelldummy" <Excelldummy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:94083B08-D8C0-4065-86BD-C9719FEE384A@microsoft.com... > ...

Gray area at spreadsheet
When I open various Excel spreadsheets, the entire area below the data is all grayed out and I can't make it disappear. I want to copy and paste some additional information in that area but when I do, it stays gray. I've checked the fill and pattern buttons, but neither of those rectify the problem. The rows below your data may be hidden. Click the small grey rectangle above the number 1, and to the left of the letter A. On the top toolbar click > Format > Row > Unhide. HTH George Gee "barlep" <barlep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Formulas in the spreadsheet I use as a model are now incorrect.
I have a spreadsheet with formulas, columns and rows that I copy for use on a weekly basis. This week I copied the spreadsheet and the formulas are incorrect What happened? Thank you! That's nowhere near enough to go on... How did you copy it? What is incorrect about the formulae? In article <E24CAB11-20BA-4907-BB41-C57940E4B5CB@microsoft.com>, "Lollycat" <Lollycat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with formulas, columns and rows that I copy for use on a > weekly basis. This week I copied the spreadsheet and the formulas are &g...

Comparing two different spreadsheets
I need to compare two different spreadsheets. One spreadsheet has ticket numbers and amounts. The other spreadsheet has ticket number, amount, name, and product name. I need to be able to compare ticket number and amount on both spreadsheet. If they match, the name needs to be entered on the spreadsheet with only the ticket number and amount. I also need the product name to be move but I can repeat the previous solution unless there is a way to do both at the same time. One way to achieve the lookup based on 2 col uniques is to use an array -entered index/match of this structure: ind...

Updating a graph based on the spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet with columns of data by week and I have several graphs that are being used as control charts to graph the data each week. Is there away to use references to set up the graphs so that I do not have to go into each graph each week and update the row by one to have the newest data. I know I could start with a graph with 52 data weeks on it but my manager does not like to see the "wasted" area to the left of the graphs. Hi see: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Michelle" <anonymous@di...

I've lost row1 on my spreadsheet
I have lost row 1 on my spreadsheet and cannot recover it. It shows up on print preview, but not on my normal view Please can anyone help hi, check to see if it is hidden or if the row heighth has been set to 0. >-----Original Message----- >I have lost row 1 on my spreadsheet and cannot recover it. >It shows up on print preview, but not on my normal view >Please can anyone help >. > And if those two didn't help, check to see if you have windows|freeze panes turned on. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > > hi, > check to see if it is hidden or if th...

Create a new Excel spreadsheet from Word VBA
Hello, I received some help a while back but cannot locate my post. I am trying to put my Excel templates on a menu in Word along with my Word templates, hoping that I can create a new spreadsheet based on my Excel template. I have these two macros which I have tried with no luck: Sub Tryit() Dim xlApp As Object Dim xlWB As Object Dim xlWS As Object Dim cRows As Long Dim i As Long Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application") Set xlWB = xlApp.Workbooks.Add("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\Timetable\Rule16 fed.xlt") 'C:\Program Files...

Links not working an Excel spreadsheet with VBA buttons on it.
I have got a budgeting spreadsheets in Excel 2003 as follows: 1) "Data Entry {1-10}" worksheets 2) On each data entry spreadsheets, there is an "aggregate" function, which is invokable with a click on a Button. The code behind each button on each of these data entry worksheet is as follows: 2.1) It Set ThisWorkbook.objCurWorkSheet = Worksheets("currentWorksheetName") 2.2) It invokes ThisWorkbook.processItem 2.2.1) processItem is a workbook level global function that aggregate data from the current data entry worksheet into a "Overall Operating budget" wo...

Increment Value By 1 Each Time Spreadsheet is Opened
I am creating a purchase requisition form in Excel and when users open the spreadsheet I want the requisition # incremented by 1 so we have unique requisition #'s each time a requisition form is completed. Is there a way to accomplish this in Excel? Thanks for your assistance. This workbook will be a true Template(*.xlt)? =46or sequencing numbers see John McGimpsey's site. http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 15:55:46 -0700, The Project Master <TheProjectMaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Excel spreadsheets as a saleable product?
I've developed some financial planning spreadsheets in Excel that I believe could be a saleable product. I'm looking for resourses to learn how to address issues like: 1. Is it possible to "register" spredsheets to a computer to prevent people from giving away copies? 2. What's the best way to determine the minimum Excel release level required to run my spreadsheets? 3. I have attempted to show others my spreadsheet on their computer and recieved errors in the spreadsheet that I did not see on my computer (even at the same Excel release level). I can't imagine...

Outlook Tool Bar In Excel Spreadsheet
Up with the tool bars there an outlook tool bar with the to, from, etc. I cannot get rid of it. It does not appear as a toolbar under view. Hi KathyG Press the mail button on the standard toolbar next to the save button again -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "KathyG" <kgriffith@rc.com> wrote in message news:07e501c38464$c8422540$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Up with the tool bars there an outlook tool bar with the > to, from, etc. I cannot get rid of it. It does not appear > as a toolbar under view. Ron, thank you. I canno...

Use a different spreadsheet as source data
Presently, I have a radar comparing YTD actual 2009 vs YTD budget 2009 but I want to provideto user the capability of seeing maybe actual 2008 vs budget 2008. Meaning that I am looking for a way to change the automatically not the X or Y (it will remain the same) but change the sheet used as the source data for the graph ...

My virus software won't let me email my spreadsheet... #2
I have a spreadsheet that I need to be to email, but Symantec's anti-virus software won't let it go through. I looked in the VB Editor and there was a module but it didn't have any code, just a header and footer so I deleted it, but it still wont go... Is there anything else I can do to this spreadsheet to make it go through or is this a Symantec issue? Thanks! Kelvin Change the file type to .abc (or any other extension that the blocker won't recognize). tell the person who is receivving the documentt to change it back. "Kelvin Beaton" wrote: > I have ...

I want ascending numbers to show up in a cell of my spreadsheet
Hi Karen we'll need a few more details like when & how etc Cheers JulieD "Karen M" <Karen M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE800C58-CFDA-41D9-A8EB-9B1DC5A5C4A7@microsoft.com... > ...

Excel Spreadsheet Assignment
Please see next post -- Eboneyedk ...

Spreadsheet view does not refresh when using mouse wheel
When I scroll in a spreadsheet with the mouse wheel (3 brands of mice, two PCs, Excel 2007, same error) the view for some of the cells does not refresh. In other words the cells contain data, but it is invisible. If I use the page up/down keys this does not happen. If I paste something into the view with the blanked out cells, they show up again. Is this a bug? Is there any way to fix it? I find it INCREDIBLY ANNOYING! I have the same problem... very annoying indeed! Have you been able to resolve it? "Orerockon" wrote: > When I scroll in a spreadsheet with the mouse wheel (...