install Office Assistant character file?

I get the message "There are no Office Assistant character files present on
the system. Please run Setup in the maintenance mode and istall at least one
character" Don't know what to do. How do I get into the maintenace mode?
Does Setup appear? What character should I install? Please advise.
Thank you,   William (Bill) Camp
0
billcamp (4)

The information in this post by Office MVP Beth Melton may help you:

http://groups.google.ca/groups?&threadm=%23vKbLA91EHA.2572%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
4/8/2005 5:31:26 AM
Thanks for your reply. I will study what you saidand get back to you later.
Thanks again,  William (Bill) Camp

"billcamp" wrote:

> I get the message "There are no Office Assistant character files present on
> the system. Please run Setup in the maintenance mode and istall at least one
> character" Don't know what to do. How do I get into the maintenace mode?
> Does Setup appear? What character should I install? Please advise.
> Thank you,   William (Bill) Camp
0
billcamp (4)

Office XP SP3 interfering w/ Excel
I tried installing Office XP service pack 3, but, like many other people, I don't have the Microsoft Office CD to insert when prompted. I figured I wouldn't install this update and ignore it. However, I just tried to open Excel to work on something and I received a message that said Windows in trying to update Microsoft Office with Front Page and I need to insert the CD (which I don't have). It also says I could browse for the file 'PROPLUS.MSI' (which I can't find on my computer). I can't open Excel, but all the other Microsoft Office Applications work j...

XML Source Menu Item disabled?? File version??
My XML Source Menu Item is disabled (aka greyed-out). Why? I have a workbook with multi-worksheets and I want to enable a conversion to XML, I'm trying to follow the documentation here, but it's poorly organized and more poorly written (IMHO).. I can't find anything which tells me why the menu item would be disabled. The version is Office 2003 Pro and (clearly) the capability is there, I can see the "XML Source" item. I did a quick test and if I make a brand new file, I have the XML Source option so that means means this is a file version issue?. I know this wo...

Deal with text characters that are greater than chr(127)
I am dealing with a spreadsheet that is downloaded from another application. The parent application allows html text and includes some bullits. When this text is downlaoded to an excel spreadhseet the bullits are converted to the followng text string: • The � is chr(128) and the � is chr(162) (I may have these reversed?) but I have not been able to determine the code for the �. But indepedent of not knowing the code for the one character I'm having trouble dealing with these characters. Using a manual search for just one character nothing is found. I'd like to replace...

Outlook 2003 & CRM 3.0 connection error after install.
I am having trouble getting Outlook to connect to my crm server using the laptop installation version. When opening Outlook, I get the error "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server." I have tried uninstall and then reinstall but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting this issue resolved? Thanks! I have found that if you have any kind of pop-up blocker, the Outlook client will throw an error like that (after waiting for a long time). In my case, I disabled the built-in pop-up blocker that comes with XPsp2 and then it was fine. To ch...

Problem Importing a TXT File
I have a workbook named 05-03-31. It contains information for the first quarter of this year. Sheet 1 references cells on Sheet 2. Sheet 2 was created by importing a TXT file. I thought I had accomplished something wonderful at that time. I now have a new TXT file with second quarter data. I opened the first quarter workbook, 05-03-31 and saved it as 05-06-30, so now I have a second quarter workbook. When I Import the second quarter TXT file into the second quarter workbook it creates a Sheet 3. On Sheet 1 can I globally change all the references to Sheet 2 to Sheet 3? I tried deleting Sheet 2...

deleted log files
Exchange 5.5, the antivirus program deleted a log file, eseutil and isinteg result in JET errors. Is there anything I can do but restore? are you sure it deleted it, or did it move it to a quarantine location? if it deleted it, restore, with all the log files you do have, is your only option...make certain to first exclude all Exchange folders from any file-level AV scanning... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8E93BCD-208A-47AE-96C4-A242328F23F5@microsoft.com... > Exchange 5.5, the antivirus program deleted a log file...

Hyperlink File Help
I am needing some major help. I have a file with hyperlinks in column F that link to a file on our server. I am needing to test to see if the file exists and if it does, copy the file to a folder in my documents called (CapturedFiles) and if it doesn't format the cell color to red. Can VBA do this and if so how? I am very basic when it comes to VBA and any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

How do I set up the "Office Shortcut Bar" on my desktop in Office
I want to have the office shortcut bar on the right side of my monitor as I did previously in Office 2003. Can't seem to find it in Office 2007. Thanks, Stan http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822573 "The Office Shortcut Bar is not available in Microsoft Office 2007 or Microsoft Office 2003. However, you can use the Start menu in Microsoft Windows XP to start an Office program or to open a file or a folder. Additionally, you can use the Quick Launch bar in Windows XP or in Microsoft Windows 2000 to start an Office program or to open a file or a folder." Further ...

"the path is not of a legal form" during CRM install
Hi all, On a couple different servers while installing various CRM components I've run into an error that halts installation. On the "Select Installation Location" screen for the CRM outlook client and the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data Migration manager setup I get a dialogue box with a big red X that reads "The path is not of a legal form" with an OK button. Hitting OK returns to to the installation location screen, but if you hit next it just keeps popping up, leaving you with cancel as the only option. The illegal path does not seem to refer to the install path...

Excel crashes while opening excel file imbeddied with macros
Help! This is the similar problem as mentioned by Delbert on 12/12/2005 that whenever they open a particular Excel file, it gives them a "Send Report Error." Weird thing about it is it doesnt happen in all other Excel files, only happens to this file when saving as usual and trying to reopen it shortly after that. It happens on my machine and my friend working on the same file also. Details: OS: Winxp Office 2003 SP2 Files are saved in local drive Files are around 12MB size (varies) Files have Macros imbedded Files have links While opening, the dialogue box appears twice, asking...

Script to backup and rename excel files...
I plan to use a row delete script (I have this already) to get rid of old data here at work. Before I run this though (I will be running it fairly frequently) I thought I should backup the file I am working on. Is it possible to write a script which creates a backup of the current Excel file I am working on, without changing the filename of the 'live' workbook, and which names the backup file with the time and date so it is both unique and also searchable (EG 03122003-1645.xls or similar) ? Ideally I would combine the two scripts so that once the script is run a backup is created an...

using the Lotus 1-2-3 file import, numbers command in excel
how do i use the lotus 1-2-3 file import, number command in an excel spreadsheet? this command in lotus..allows me to just import numbers, no text is imported..i do not want to import text...please advise..im trying to convert a lotus spreadsheet to excel and i need to figure out how to do this in excel ...

CVS file won't open in Excel 97, Help Please!
I'm new at this so please bear with me. I am trying to open a CVS attachment. The attachment contains a spreadsheet with imported tab delimited files.The attachment automatically opens my Excel program. (I have tried to save the file and open but that doesn't work either). When the program tries to open I get the error message: SYLK: File format is not valid My excel program is Excel 97 Any help would be greatly appreciated. This was posted by Myrna Larson: =========== >From - Wed Apr 12 17:18:13 2000 From: Myrna Larson <myrnalarson@home.net> Subject: Re: file form...

write Avi/wmv file using bmp images
How to write Avi/wmv file using bmp images I would think you'd want some sort of authoring package. Do you just want to show them one after another? If so you may be able to use something like: http://whorld.org/temp/BmpToAvi.html But, if you want to do anything fancy you'll want something like Premiere so you can lay out the timeline. Tom "Unknown" <gaurav.samsung@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8ae3fde3-a48d-4dfd-8bc4-2b609a14fc46@u10g2000prn.googlegroups.com... > How to write Avi/wmv file using bmp images ...

Payroll Tax Update Install is Nuts
Why has GP gone to this crazy delivery process for Payroll Tax Updates? Having to give sa control of my server to some undocumented process via the internet scares me. Here it is, our busiest time of the year, and I have to just trust that the process is safe, I can recover from it, my connection won't drop, etc. We don't become DBAs because we just trust everything to work out ok. We become DBAs because we are CONTROL FREAKS! You do know, of course, that you can always download the updates and apply them manually. However, I have found that the connection time is pretty sho...

What characters are removed in thissimple regular expression
Hi! string s = Regex.Replace(input, @"[^\w\.@-]", ""); It's somewhat hard to see but there is a dot before @ What characters are removed from the input string ? //Tony On 5/21/2010 00:17, Tony Johansson wrote: > Hi! > > string s = Regex.Replace(input, @"[^\w\.@-]", ""); > It's somewhat hard to see but there is a dot before @ > > What characters are removed from the input string ? > //Tony > > Maybe you should ask in a regex group instead. It matches any character that is not the ones you spec...

file with udf extension
Hi I have a file with a udf extension. When I searched the several sites said that it was related to excel, so I opened it with excel. When opened, it is incomprehensible letters and symbols. Is there a way to convert it so that it is readabl? -- Thank-you! Ruth http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=*.udf&aq=f&aqi=g3g-s1g3&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=C_KkU1f8HTKKKAYXUM8vi_dAKAAAAqgQFT9AdQ5A&fp=7ea2d229f2f9fbeb -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Ruth" <Ruth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Is there a limit to the number of worksheets in an excel file?
I have an excel file with about 150 worksheets. It will continue to grow. Is there a limit to the size of this file or can I just keep adding worksheets (they are inter-related with VLOOKUP functions). Per the XL help file, the no. of worksheets is only limited by memory. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have an excel file with about 150 worksheets. It will continue to grow. >Is there a limit to the size of this file or can I just keep adding >worksheets (they are inter-related with VLOOKUP functions). >. > ...

Open Quark files in Publisher??
Is there any possible way to open a Quark file in Publisher? Hi MarkG (markg@jflv.org), in the newsgroups you posted: || Is there any possible way to open a Quark file in || Publisher? Nope. You would have to: 1. Attempt to use a copy/paste or drag/drop 2. Export the Quark pages as images supported by Publisher and insert them as images. 3. Export the Quark publication as a Word/RTF/Text item (less the images) and import the text only into Publisher 4. Export the Quark publication as a PDF, the go to ScanSoft.com and get the PDF software for Word/Publisher that allows you to import PDF...

split massive xml file

joining up files to one database
i got a few files i want to join to gether to make one file, so when i click it, all the tabs are at the bottom of the page? hope you understand that cheers for the help Shed, You'll need to do a Move (Edit, Move or Copy Worksheet) to move each sheet (or a copy of) into a common workbook. Then save that. No magic button. Shortcut: Right click a worksheet tab -- Move or copy worksheet is there too. Or you can tile (Window, Arrange) the two workbooks (get them both on the screen simultaneously), and drag the tab from one workbook to the other. Hold the control to copy instead of m...

Problem with Outlook 2003 BCM and offline files
Hello! I have a client with SBS 2003 and Outlook 2003. Whenever he logs off if his LAN workstation, he gets an error stating "Offline files (\\server\Users) Unable to make 'Contact Management database [1].MDB available offline on (UNC to his My Docs). Files of this type cannot be made available offline." As a side note, has anyone had trouble with Google Groups searches lately, say in the last week? I can search for items inside quotation marks such as "files of this type cannot be made available offline" and I get few hits, sometimes none. If I search without q...

number of fields exceeds 256 when importing from a dbf file
Hey evryone, I'm having a small problem with importing some old data from a FileMaker Pro database. According to what I found out in the groups archive the best bet is to convert it to a dbf file and then import it. However, I the number of fields in the dbf file exceeds 256, so the import wizard truncates the import at field number 256. I would now want to spread the data over two sheets. However, in the process of converting it to a dbf, quite a few of the field names get truncated and therefore have the same name, so I can't use SQL to retrieve them. My question is: what i...

Installing Crystal and the Enhancement pack
I install Crystal Reports 9 and then install the Microsoft Enhancement pack for CRM 1.2 This install reports "You have Crystal 9.2 installed. You require 9.2.2 to install this product"...and kicks me out. I've tried installing Crystal 10 first but I still get the exact same message. I sure would appreciate the help! the Crystal Enhancements require the 9.2.2 version specifically. You need to get this from Business Objects. There are some posts in this groups history on Google that have a link to the patch. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ------------------------------...

Dynamics GP 9.0
When you install Dynamics GP 9.0 from the CD, in the Insallation Type window you will see Server Option or Client Option. The first option should technically say "Server & Client", not just Server. Needless to say, when you Install Server, it installs Client as well. Thanks Girish ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft...