Inserting something at the begining of evrey cell

How can I insert soemthing at the begining of evrey cell in a column?

i.e.

Product Name1
Product Name2
Product Name3
Product Name4
Product Name5

into

Something Product Name1
Something Product Name2
Something Product Name3
Something Product Name4
Something Product Name5

As always, TIA,
Jav

try this
Sub addtext()
For Each c In range("i4:i24")
If Len(c) > 0 Then c.Value = "add " & c
Next
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Javi" <Javi.ww89y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> How can I insert soemthing at the begining of evrey cell in a column?
>
> i.e.
>
> Product Name1
> Product Name2
> Product Name3
> Product Name4
> Product Name5
>
> into
>
> Something Product Name1
> Something Product Name2
> Something Product Name3
> Something Product Name4
> Something Product Name5
>
> As always, TIA,
> Javi

Don
11/14/2003 5:18:44 PM
This is a macro. Easiest way, for you, is to right click on the sheet
tab>view code>copy/paste this>SAVE workbook.
the i4:i24 applies to the range of your column. If your data is in b2:b200,
change accordingly. To execute just click anywhere within the text of the
macro and touch the f5 key.

As always, you may want to try on data that doesn't matter or do not save
until satisfied it is what you want.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Don Guillett" <donaldb@281.com> wrote in message
> try this
> Sub addtext()
> For Each c In range("i4:i24")
> If Len(c) > 0 Then c.Value = "add " & c
> Next
> End Sub
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> donaldb@281.com
> "Javi" <Javi.ww89y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> >
> > How can I insert soemthing at the begining of evrey cell in a column?
> >
> > i.e.
> >
> > Product Name1
> > Product Name2
> > Product Name3
> > Product Name4
> > Product Name5
> >
> > into
> >
> > Something Product Name1
> > Something Product Name2
> > Something Product Name3
> > Something Product Name4
> > Something Product Name5
> >
> > As always, TIA,
> > Javi

> > ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/
> > ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
Don

Input cell on Data Table will not work
I have re-created the example from Microsoft Excel Help from "Creating a one variable data table", and when I select "Data Table" then select "Column input cell" I select the cell specified in the example. I receive the message "Input cell reference is not valid" The same thing happens when I try to replicate the two variable data table from Microsoft Help. Note that you have to select a "single rectangle that is more than one row high and one column wide" Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Sarah Bee" wrote: > I have re-created the ex...

Double Clicking to go to precendent cell
In my old version of excel I double clicked on a cell and it went to the cell the value had come from - how do I set this on in Office 2003 Tools/Options/Edit - deselect "edit directly in cell" To have it both ways, use VBA to trap the beforedoubleclick event: right-click the sheet tab, select view code, then enter: Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) cancel=True Selection.DirectPrecedents.Select End Sub ...

VLOOKUP Returning a copy of a cell
I want to use VLOOKUP to return not just the value in the cell but also the formating of the cell. For instance, if this is my table 1 Frog 2 Sheep 3 Cow and I do a VLOOKUP(2, A:B, 2, FALSE) I will get "Sheep". However, if Sheep is has a format that is for instance a strikethrough, then it will still show up as "Sheep". How can I return the format as well? Is there a way to use VLOOKUP to return a copy of the cell? Thanks, Kevin A formula can only return a value to a cell. It can not return formatting. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP...

Getting Rid Of Blank Cells
I know there is a way to git rid of excess cells....something like cntr s to save then cntrl end and then cntrl s again... What is the could for this in vba ?? Note that I mean how do i get rid of the excess cells... i do not wan to and can not save this file while getting rid of blank cells -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Debra Dalgleish has some code at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused But the bad news is that with some versions of excel (xl97 mostly), you sometimes had to do a save. In fact, sometimes you had to close it and reopen it for it to take e...

conditional formating / linked cells?
I am fairly new to Excel, but have searched and looked at the help menu and cannot figure out how to accomplish what I would like--but know it is possible as I have another worksheet that does exactly what I want (sort of). In cells N 5 to N 9 I have a drop down menu with a Yes or No option. If they answer NO (only in those particular cells though, as I have other drop downs and no's are fine) I would like a pre-written message to appear in merged cells B2 - H2. Otherwise the text would stay hidden. I know it has to do with conditional formatting, and maybe linked cells? but ...

How can I insert signatures in outlook 2003
I would like to use signatures in Outlook 2003 but the instructions in the "Help" section tell me to use the "Insert"menu. I do not have an insert menu in the menu bar. Anybody have any suggestions? Gerry, To insert a signature in an individual email you need to go through the insert menu within that email (eg. open a new email and you will get the insert menu) To set up an automatic signature you go through Tools>Options>Mail Format and select use the signature picker at the bottom. >-----Original Message----- >I would like to use signatures in Outlook...

trying to do a if something blank do this else do this. same code works on a different form
If ge > "" Then sql statement else sql statement end if ge is a simple text box. my sql statements are fine. I have the same code running on a different form that also has a simple text box, it runs just fine. I can post me entire code if needed. What is the question? -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "mgworek" wrote: > If ge > "" Then > sql statement > else > sql statement > end if > > > ge is a simple text box. my sql statements are fine. > > I have the same code running on a different form that also ha...

Autofilling Cells for Daily/Hourly Schedule
I'm trying to create a square footage spreadsheet that gives me an idea of how much material I can process in a week's time. I have a list of jobs on the left side of my spreadsheet and on the right side starting at column 'J' I have hours listed horizontally for example: an 8 hour day from 6-2pm would be labeled 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 1, 2. I list the sq ft in the 'F' column and then my cells count out by the amount of sq ft until it reaches the total then stops. So, if I do 100 sq ft per hour and I put in cell F2 that my sq ft for a job is 500, then ...

COMBINING CELLS WITH LIKE DATA
I HAVE A SPREADSHEET TO TRACK INTERNAL MACHINING SCRAP SIMILAR TO THE ONE BELOW. I AM LOOKING FOR A WAY TO INSTANTANIOUSLY COMBINE ALL THE TOTALS FOR CUSTOMER A OR PART 13112 OR MACHINE B9 ON ANOTHER SPREADSHEET IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A WAY TO DO THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS. DATE CUSTOMER PART MACH # QTY TOTAL 8/9/2004 A 111 B9 2 13.46 8/9/2004 S 123 B9 4 26.92 6/4/2004 S 123 C14 5 31.95 6/1/2004 M 2131 C14 12 29.88 7/22/2004 B 13123 C3 1 0.75 7/5/2004 A 12312 C4 1 0.75 7/5/2004 ...

counting blank cells
i'm trying to write a formula that looks at a range of cells to see if a date has been entered. if a date is there, then it should return "yes", if the cell is blank it should return "no". How do i keep excel from ignoring the blank cell? i tried countA but it didn't work. Does this work for you: =IF('04MQU'!D6,"Yes","NO") -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "bdq17" <bdq17@discuss...

Recording the contents of a cell in a macro
I have a spreadsheet that I'm using to create quotes. I've created a formula to create a random number (ok, I know it's not really random and unrepeating but for my purposes, it's close enough) to represent the quote number. I've recorded a macro that copies the entire workbook and paste's special values to lock in the quote number. Then I go to the cell that contains the quote number and copy the contents of the cell so that when I print to PDF, I want to paste that quote number in as the filename. However, it never seems to either copy the contents or paste them (...

filling cells
i have a colum of cells that depending on a vlookup are either empty o have text. I want to put these cells in a combo box but i don't wan to have all the empty cells. the only way i could figue was to us this formula =IF(Y7="",Y8,IF(Y8="",Y9,IF(Y9="",Y10))) only problem is i have over 600 cells i want to do this with. so i there any way to do this that i'm not thinking of without the typin cramps?? hope someone can hel -- Neuthe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Neuther's Profile: http://www.excelforum.co...

Cells display as R5C5. How do I change it to display E5?
The default rows and columns on Excel are both displayed in numbers. How do I change the Columns to display the letters of the alphabet as it did on on Excel 2003? Tools>options>general deselect R1C1 reference style -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "FinanceTrainer" <FinanceTrainer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C5A1C77-F32E-4081-A062-5EE114581172@microsoft.com... > The default rows and columns on Excel are both displayed in numbers. How > do > I change the Columns to display the letters of the alphabet as it did on >...

how can we enter at the same time maintain a formula in a cell?
Is it possible that when we enter a number in a cell, the same cell should display the entered number after deducting certain percentage. This macro should run automatically when the excel file is open -- Life isa journey not a destination Put this event macro in the worksheet code area: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim r As Range Set r = Range("B9") If Intersect(r, Target) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.EnableEvents = False r.Value = 0.75 * r.Value Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub If you enter a value in cell B9, it will auto...

Cell Format #4
Hi, Does anyone know an easy way to format cells such that they have an engineering appearance? ie. 10.00M or 5.14p I would like to format a worksheet of results such that they display 2dp. and then use the scientic letter representation as above (eg. T,G,M,K, ,m,u,n,p etc.) Would I need a macro to do this for me? Thanks. Alan Try using a custom format of 0.00p, or 0.0m Andy. "Alan Potter" <alan.potter@bris.ac.uk> wrote in message news:068301c39efd$c2ed9350$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Does anyone know an easy way to format cells such that > they have a...

Insert Worksheet
I cannot insert a sheet into my Excel file as it is "greyed" out. Any ideas what could cause this to happen? Is the workbook protected? In XL2003: Tools | Protect ... best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Terri Farm" <TerriFarm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32B8103E-DCFD-4112-8042-EEE2231E81F3@microsoft.com... > I cannot insert a sheet into my Excel file as it is "greyed" out. Any > ideas > what could cause this to happen? Try: 'Tools" Protection'...

Merged Cells
I want to create a spreadsheet where the first two columns (A & B) are merged in every row EXCEPT the first row. I want the two columns separate in the first row. The best I came up with was to merge the columns in rows 2 - 999 (with the help of a macro). But I have two complaints about this method. My first complaint is that Excel "thinks" that my spreadsheet has 1,000 rows, although I only have data in about 160 rows right now. My second complaint is that if I insert a row, the cells on the new row are not merged. It is almost as though I really want to split the "A&...

Blank cells in named range- how to ignore them when making my graph? Help plz!

blinking cell #3
Is there a possibility to make a cell content blink under certain conditions (as in conditional formatinf for example...)? Thanks No -- Ian -- "ktisqj" <ktisqj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F14A597-AD6B-49DC-BB71-B3A259F11908@microsoft.com... > Is there a possibility to make a cell content blink under certain > conditions > (as in conditional formatinf for example...)? > Thanks It can be done by using code, but its a really bad idea. Using such code causes more problems than enough. Blinking or flashing are things that were not regarde...

Cannot Format Excel Cells
Hi - I have an excel spreadsheet that is being generated by a data dump from SQL Server through DTS. The spreadsheet contains approximately 21,000 rows of 129 columns (mostly short text, some numbers). My problem is that users are attempting to use this spreadsheet to perform calculations, pivots, etc and are unsuccessful. When trying to change the format of a cell / column it appears to have no effect. For example, I can highlight a row of numbers, change the format from General to Currency with 2 decimal places and click OK. The data does not change at all (i.e. the $ is n...

selecting cell groups and locking up
Intermittent problem with Excel deciding to select a group or "array" of cells and locking the array on the last cell in use. All program functionality is gone and system must be re-booted to correct. Just a wild guest... Could it be that the mouse is sticking? Try gently banging on the mouse keys (including the wheel mouse if you have one)--or even swapping the mouse (temporarily???). Bugged by Excel? wrote: > > Intermittent problem with Excel deciding to select a group or "array" of > cells and locking the array on the last cell in use. All program > ...

insert ReadText Data into temp table
Hi, I want to insert result of readtext into a temp table. I am working on crystal report . Crystal report text objtect has a text limit thats why I want to split data stored in db in multiple rows. the column filed is text type . Please help me. Thanks, Hemant On Thu, 20 May 2010 18:35:34 +0530, "Hemant" <Hemant@nomail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I want to insert result of readtext into a temp table. >I am working on crystal report . Crystal report text objtect has a text >limit thats why I want to split data stored in db in multiple rows. ...

How-to not plot cells with zero value on graphs
Hey! ANyone know how to not plot values if they equal zero in the graphs? Thanks!! keith -- hopeace ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hopeace's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28009 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=487862 I had this problem. I wrote a macro that scanned my data and wherever it found a value of zero it deleted the cell contents. They then do not plot on charts. My data values were complex formulas, so I wrote a second macro to reinstate the formulas so ...

Formula to increment sequence only if text in a particular cell
Hi, I'm new to this, and not sure how to do this, I'd like to increment a field by one only if there's text in a particular cell. This is what I have, so I'm trying to write a formula that automatically populates column A...this is what I have tried =IF(C4<>"","Test_"&TEXT(ROW(A1),"000"), "") --- but this formula increments even when no text in B, so I end up with a value of Test_003 in A3, where I need to have Test_002 A B 1 Test_001 some text 2 ...

Fill cells from non-adjacent cells
I am populating a worksheet with values from another worksheet. For example the cells D6:Y6 on Sheet1, need results from various cells on Sheet2. The problem is that the cells on Sheet2 are not contiguous, that is they will be (for example) Sheet2!E15 (to populate Sheet1!D6), Sheet2!J15 (to populate Sheet1!E6), Sheet2!O15 (to populate Sheet1!F6) and so on. (Note: There is data in the cells between cell E15 and J15 and so on) Is there a simpler way to 'auto-fill' these cells, or is there some quicker way of accomplishing this rather than by cut and paste, or swapping between work...