Inserting sheets into Excel workbook

I have created a workbook with 7 worksheets.  I want to add more worksheets
but the option to Insert Worksheets is grayed out.  What have I done to
remove this option from just this workbook?

Under Tools go to options then click the Edit tab and make sure that the
"Show Insert Options Buttons" is checked.

"Sally" <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created a workbook with 7 worksheets.  I want to add more worksheets
> but the option to Insert Worksheets is grayed out.  What have I done to
> remove this option from just this workbook?

0
ruic
1/27/2010 6:31:16 PM
Make sure you don't have any of the sheets grouped

"מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote:

> Maybe: 'Tools' > 'Protection' > Remove WorkBook Protection'/
> Micky
>

> "Sally" wrote:
>
> > I have created a workbook with 7 worksheets.  I want to add more worksheets
> > but the option to Insert Worksheets is grayed out.  What have I done to
> > remove this option from just this workbook?
I would suspect you have the workbook protected.

Tools>Protection>Unprotect workbook.

In 2007   Review>Unprotect workbook.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:24:03 -0800, Sally <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have created a workbook with 7 worksheets.  I want to add more worksheets
>but the option to Insert Worksheets is grayed out.  What have I done to
>remove this option from just this workbook?

0
Gord
1/27/2010 7:56:11 PM
You can still insert sheet in group mode.

You will insert as many new sheets as you have grouped.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:00:16 -0800, Donna <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Make sure you don't have any of the sheets grouped
>
>"????? (????) ?????" wrote:
>
>> Maybe: 'Tools' > 'Protection' > Remove WorkBook Protection'/
>> Micky
>>

>> "Sally" wrote:
>>
>> > I have created a workbook with 7 worksheets.  I want to add more worksheets
>> > but the option to Insert Worksheets is grayed out.  What have I done to
>> > remove this option from just this workbook?

0
Gord
1/27/2010 7:58:09 PM
Thank you for the suggestions.

The workbook & worksheets are not protected.
The Show Insert Option button is checked.
The Allow editing in cell is checked.
The Show sheets tab is checked.
Under Format - Visibility Unhide sheet is grayed out.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you.  Sally

"Sally" wrote:

> I have created a workbook with 7 worksheets.  I want to add more worksheets
> but the option to Insert Worksheets is grayed out.  What have I done to
> remove this option from just this workbook?
By workbook protection I don't mean password to open protection.

I mean Review>Protect Workbook.

Is that what you looked at?

Other than that I have no help.

If workbook is Shared you can Insert a sheet but not delete it.

Gord

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 09:17:01 -0800, Sally <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Thank you for the suggestions.
>
>The workbook & worksheets are not protected.
>The Show Insert Option button is checked.
>The Allow editing in cell is checked.
>The Show sheets tab is checked.
>Under Format - Visibility Unhide sheet is grayed out.
>
>Any other suggestions?
>
>Thank you.  Sally
>
>"Sally" wrote:
>
>> I have created a workbook with 7 worksheets.  I want to add more worksheets
>> but the option to Insert Worksheets is grayed out.  What have I done to
>> remove this option from just this workbook?

0
Gord

Very annoying behaviour of Excel 2003
Each time I am opening Excel, it is installing some component. This takes several minutes, and becomes very annoying. I recently had to reinstall XP and Office from the distribution CDs. I have the problem since then. It certainly has something to do with the install. Does anyone on this forum ever experienced such a behaviour. I am running Office 2003 on XP SP3. have you tried doing a repair in the help menu? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Jean" <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:020549D4-8070-46ED-8768-821EECD87C88@microsof...

My hide sheet option in excel is not working
My hide sheet option in Excel is not working. It is grayed out so I can not toggle nor use it to hide or unhide sheets. Security is at Medium - would appreciate any insight into how to fix this. Is the sheet protected? You cannot hide a protected sheet. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "arleen" <arleen @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D028B90F-6DDB-4DE6-9F5C-22C137FBE927@microsoft.com... > My hide sheet option in Excel is not working. It is grayed out > so I can not > toggle n...

Setting series values on Excel Chart

Excel template that lists each month's meetings w/ some detail
I'm looking for an Excel template that lists every month of the year with room to list weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings, including some detail for each meeting. Probably would need to be landscape oriented. The main intent is to give the person using it an idea of upcoming meetings, the intent of each and what prep is required. ...

How do I make a 'box and whisker plot' graph in Microsoft Excel?
I am in Year 12 and am doing a stats assignment. The project states that i MUST insert a box and whisker plot for some data, but i don't know how to do this. Does anybody know? Hi, Here are some sites on the topic of stats charting not just box and whisker. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html http://www.processtrends.com/toc_statistical_charts.htm http://tushar-mehta.com/publish_train/data_analysis/16.htm http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Year 12 student who needs help" &...

I've got a formula for stones and pounds
Hello, I've got a column that displays a series of weights in stones & pounds (both in the one cell). How do I get a chart to recognise and display in the same format? Regards, mikelenno What is the format of the cells with stone & pounds It is best to enter such values a 10 3/14 and format the cells with # ??/14 best wishes from one who is INT(275,14) stone & MOD(250,14) lbs -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "mikelenno" <mikelenno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AD608FA-5367-4CED-AD76-1F54228EFDBA...

Inserting charts into many workbooks
Hi, I'm using Excel 2007 and am pretty new to VBA. I have a folder with 40 or so workbooks- all with the same worksheet table format. The worksheets are huge (20 000 + rows, 50 or so columns). I need to open a workbook, make several fully formatted graphs, then insert the same graphs into every workbook , updated them with that workbooks' data. Any ideas on code for this? This isn't fully automated, but it will save some time. In one workbook, create the chart and format it to your specs. Then paste the chart into another workbook, and use the utility linked to i...

Insert an autofiltered range into another tab
I'm am having an issue when trying to insert a range from an autofilter on one sheet to another. The range has to be inserted above rows that have data in them. When I use the insert.shift:xldown, it only moves down the first column. TIA, Sub B_CreateTabs() Dim rngE As Range Dim lngLastRow As Long Dim mgrval, lobval, shtval As String mgrval = "myself" lobval = "dept" shtval = mgrval & "-" & lobval Windows("Mybook.xls").Activate Sheets(shtval).Select Sheets(shtval).Copy After:=Workbooks("Mybook.xls&quo...

How to create a ledger sheet
Hello. I have a database with the following tables:Customers, Orders, and PaymentsThe Customers table has a one-to-many relationship with the Orderstable. The Customers table also has a one-to-many relationship withthe Payments table.I am trying to create what I think is commonly called a ledger sheet.This sheet simply shows the dollar amount of every order that anindividual customer has placed (debits) and every payment that thecustomer has made (credits). It also shows a running balance. Entriesare shown in chronilogical order.I am having trouble creating a report that would draw debits from...

Excel problem #3

Excel formulation to automate values
Hi there, I have a little problem on arranging a small multi-worksheet excel here. Let me explain in a short way then give some details on it. I am trying to make an offers recordsheet which has two worksheets in it. One for products(and their base prices) and an offer sheet. I would like to use a bit dynamic data here. So when I type the name of the product excel would give me the price from other worksheet. in details; Prices worksheet is something like: A B 1 Product BasePrice 2 mouse 5 3 keyboard 8 4 ... And the ...

Removing hidden mailto:s from Excel?
I received a spreadsheet attachment yesterday and found a mailto:(my address) embedded in a cell under a text string. It was evident in a tooltip that appeared when cell was hovered-over. I told the sender who now says that many of her spreadsheets - used to handle group memberships - have such hidden addresses. What terms would she use to search for these pests, either in My Docs or on opening each sheet? ...

Using Excel in Mac office 2004 with Microsoft/Mac 2008:Analysis toolpack
Although I am disappointed with Office 2008 for Mac because of the absent of Analysis toolpack, I figured things out quite recently that I can still install my Mac office 2004 and use the excel package that contains the Analysis tool pack. How? ...... let me show you: 1. Insert your CD for Mac office 2004 2. When it open on your desk top, two options will be given to you to download the software (a) Office set-up assistant, and (b) Microsoft office 2004. 3. CHOOSE MICROSOFT OFFICE 2004 (Drag the icon onto your desk top) and it will start to run/download. 4. When done, this will appear as ...

force excel to run in only one process excel.exe
force excel to run in only one process excel.exe, excel seems to want to make multiple excel.exe loaded into memory which causes mysheet.copy to fail so i have to close out the xls, kill all running excel.exe, then run the xls again and the macro works. i only have to do this when i am actively debugging a lot. if i just run my macro w/o opening the vba debugger, i can run it as much as i want, but if i run with break points it crashes a lot because of multiple excel.exe loaded into memory. perhaps there is a way i can force excel to only load one excel.exe? Daniel, Are you using Automatio...

Excel not displaying German characters correctly.
This is a real puzzler. Has our entire office and IT department stumped. We have two machines (M1 / M2) which are equal spec/ operating system, applications, versions, etc... The only difference that we can see between the two machines is that one (M1) has Internet Explorer encoding set to "UTF-8" with "Automatic" selected. The other (M2) has "Western European ISO" with no automatic selected. Now, when the machines log into a web application and choose to download a German Excel file, M1 and M2 get the file correctly if they have their encoding settings...

MS Excel Paste Special>Paste All
Using MS Excel 2003 Paste Special> Paste All, doesnt quite paste the 'Column Widths'. Am I always required to do the two step dance, Paste Special> Column Widths and Paste Special>All. >>Am I always required to do the two step dance Yes<g>. -- Jim "Excel User" <Excel User@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D34ED9D-5BD6-43AD-8773-1EB7229309B2@microsoft.com... | Using MS Excel 2003 | | Paste Special> Paste All, doesnt quite paste the 'Column Widths'. Am I | always required to do the two step dance, Paste Special> ...

Insert Static Date as part of Macro
I've built a nice macro, but I want it to insert the date it is run in an empty cell within the macro's range. When working within a spreadsheet, Ctrl +; returns the system date, but I can't figure out how to put that command into a macro. The macro recorder editor shows that the system recognizes the entry as the current date, not a function that returns the current date. The now() or today() functions are both dynamic ... they change with the system date. That's not acceptable in this situation. I need to seen when the macro was run. Thanks for any help, Ralph di...

formula to get sheet name
hi, can a formula retreive a worksheet name or does it need to be macro based? thanks, N.S. Hi Nigel, This formula that takes care of the possible situation whereby you have only one sheet in the workbook and its name is the same as the workbook's. Note: CELL("filename") will only work if the file has been saved at least once and if the file is opened in a different language system, the argument "filename" will need to be changed manually to the corresponding word (e.g. in Spanish "nombrearchivo"): =LOOKUP(REPT("z",255),SUBSTITUTE(MID(CE...

Cells Fill Automatically on Another Workbook
I've created what we'll call a seed worksheet to be used over and over for different clients. I have linked its cells to another workbook. As the originating seed worksheet directs its cell data to a specific cell on another workbook, how can I accomplish the workbook data not being overwritten but the new incoming data default to the next unused cell in the column? i.e. If the original seed worksheet cell B1 links to the worksheet cell A1, I would like the next instance of creating a new customer and his B1 information on his use of the seed worksheet to populate onto th...

How to insert a URL with spaces into message body
Is it possible to insert a URL containing a space into a message body from a mailto hyperlink without using brackets? For example: <a href="mailto:jackblack@microsoft.com? body=<http://www.micro% 20soft.com>">jackblack@microsoft.com</a> This link will insert the URL '<http://www.micro soft.com>' (with a space between the 'o' and the 's') into the message body. However, the brackets will be visable too. If I remove the brackets, only the 'http://www.micro' portion will be hyperlinked. The 'soft.com' portion wi...

Can't insert rows
I am using Excel 2007 and have just loaded a spreadsheet created in a previous version which is running in Compatibility mode. When I try to insert a row I get an message "Cannot shift objects off sheet". How do I insert rows on this sheet? No problem with another workbook loaded at the same time which was created in 2007. See if this helps http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=211769 "Cannot shift objects off sheet" error message when you hide columns in Excel -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my...