INSERTING ROWS and LOSING FORMAT

I own a spreadsheet that has daily data inputted for, say 7, years; to add
rows to increase my size, I "Insert" rows at the top of the spreadsheet, say
10 rows every day!  And, for years, only until recently, every new cell was
properly formatted.

Now, each time I "Insert" a rows, my column formatted (as todays time) as
follows:

   12:43am         becomes          12:43,    or
     1:27pm         becomes            1:27

and, this occurs EVERY DAY for 3 rows only of my newly "INSERTED" 12 to 14
rows!

I have never had this happen before, and I immediately fix the dilemma with
the Format Painter -- just one extra step that I never, before, had to
perform!

CAN ANYONE INFORM ME AS TO WHY I, SUDDENLY, INCURRED, THIS PROBLEM?

Thank you.

FLKulchar

CRM EMAIL FORMATTING
I think there is a strong need to have formatting options as word,excel and outlook available in crm email Templates. Things like adding attachments, pictures etc for emails should be supported. If you think this is so please vote for this. Kind Regards Ridhima ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then clic...

ROW AND COLUMN SIZE
I am making a form in the first 50 r&c's of varing hieghts and thicknesses....no problem so far. it is only when i want to copy and paste them (even directly below or next to!!!!!)....the newly pasted ones want to go to some type of default size. is there some way to lock in the cell height and width so that when i paste them they will maitain their orginal size? thanks bob In Excel 97, just highlight the row or column and then Copy > Select the new location > RightClick > InsertCopiedCells hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Bob Hickman" wrote: > I am...

Format Axis
Hi, Using XL 2003. I have a workbook with 3 graphs. Two of the graphs are correct and they both source their data off of a particular worksheet. The third graph is giving me grief as I am not able to have its X-Axis show as time. It sources its data from a different sheet. When I Format Axis, I expect to see Time (X) axis scale Minimum Maximum Base Unit Major Unit Minor Unit Value (Y) blah blah... Instead I get the following: Value (X) axis scale Minimum Maximum Base Unit Major Unit Minor Unit Value (Y) I am missing the base unit. The source data is DEFINITELY a date as I have format...

Conditional Formatting based on Text within Text
I need to create a conditional format based on a text string that will be contained in a larger text string within the active cell. I know I can use either the SEARCH or FIND function to determine if a text string is contained within a larger string, but those functions require a cell address and I don't know how to apply them to the current cell address, whatever it might be. So, for example, if the text string is "needs training", and the text in cell A5 is "George has had some exposure to the app, but he needs training", then I would want that cell to apply ...

Formatting Problem
We are trying to be consistent in the way we format our phone numbers, addresses, etc. in CRM. When some of our users enter a phone number like 717-123-4567, CRM will change it to (717) 123-4567 after the record is saved. This only happens on select computers. Does anyone have an idea what is affecting the formatting in CRM? Thanks. are these users working on the web client? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Tom Gwinn" <tgwinn@all-health.com> wrote in message news:ekYjT5QFFHA.4072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > We are trying to be consiste...

Keep rows together
I have several columns that are linked to another sheet. I also hav several that stay the same only when I input information. My problem i that I will enter info in a row beside the name I want, but when it i refreshed it might add other names so the data is not on the same ro anymore. I hope this makes sense -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I have several columns that are linked to another sheet. I also have > several that stay the same only when I input information. My problem > is that I will ...

Adding formatting to VBA code
With some great help from this forum, I was able to add the followin code: Sub Total_Building_Damages() Selection.Font.Bold = True Selection.Font.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleSingle With Selection .HorizontalAlignment = xlRight .VerticalAlignment = xlBottom .WrapText = False .Orientation = 0 .AddIndent = False .IndentLevel = 0 .ShrinkToFit = False .ReadingOrder = xlContext .MergeCells = True End With ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Total Building Damages:" End Sub This works just fine. However, I would like to refine it a bit. If I run this in A:9 for example, I would like F:9 and F:1...

Exporting reports in PDF format ?
I heard this is possible but I do not see the PDF option in the export menu. Do I need special software to do this or is it built-in to Access? I have Access 2003 and XP. Exporting to PDF is not part of MS Access. If you have Adobe Acrobat (the full version, not just the reader) , it should show as a "Printer" on the File - Print. There are other 3rd party packages that are available to do the same thing - we use PDFCreator, which is installed as a "Printer", and saves any document as a pdf file to any location. John mscertified wrote: >I heard this is possible...

conditional formatting limitation
Is there any way I can increase the limit of 3 when conditional formatting? I am building a schedule and I wish to colour code unique id's. The number of unique id's exceeds three. Thank-you Hi rekoop! Apart from conditional formats and the default format you do have ability to control font formats using the custom formats usually reserved for positive, negative and zero. See: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/conditional6.html But in most cases where you need more than three formats for your conditions, you will need to resort to VBA. For this, see: Dave McRitchie: http://w...

How do I copy a print format from sheet to sheet in excel ?
I would like to copy a printing format to other sheets in a workbook including print areas and print titles. Is this possible does anyone know? Thanks. Hello- Unless I'm missing something, most everything you're asking *is* done automatically since your print specs are for the workbook, not sheet-by-sheet. Headers/Footers, Rows to repeat@top, margins, etc. apply to all sheets, and Print Areas need only be set if you want to print a portion of what would normally be output. You might want to consider Named Ranges if you haven't already done so. HTH |:>) "kernat&qu...

formatting problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel The Italic and the Bold Italic commands have got switched. The Italic command produces Bold Italic, and the Bold Italic command produces simply Italic, but with Bold spacing. This has happened before and I corrected it somehow. Now it has happened again and I can't remember how to fix it. [All the usual quitting Word, restarting the machine, exploring Word Commands etc already tried.] Any help welcome, a most ittitating glitch. <br><br>Astrid Confirm that both Office & OS X are fully update...

Carying over formatting btw. workbooks
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me figure this one out. Each day I ru a report of material to purchase, which is saved in an Excel workbook. Depending on the status of each item (row), I color code the row. varying percentage of each day's items are carried over to the nex day's workbook. I use VLOOKUP to carry over the notes and othe information I enter from day to day, but what I would like to do i also carry over the row color I had previously assigned - I kno VLOOKUP does not support this. Column A contains all the part numbers and is the column I use for my VLOOKUP ...

Getting the Purchase Order Format to default to correct one
Hello, we are using the blank form for our purchase orders and currently when my users try to print a purchase order they have to select the blank form. It does not default into the Purcahase Order Print Options window. Currently it is blank when the window opens and they have to select it. In POP setup I have selected that as the default Purchase Order Format. My question is do I have to modify that window with modifier to make it default in or is there a simpler way to make this happen? Al, Something caught my attention of what you stated: "It does not default into the Purcahas...

Printing empty rows
I have a worksheet of 30 rows and 2 columns There are intermittent rows that have no data How can I print the worksheet and not have the spaces due to the empty rows. For example Here is a portion of the follwoing worksheet: .. A B 1 yellow apples 2 green pears 3 oranges 4 blue skies 5 6 violet sunsets 7 black I would like it to print as follows: yellow apples green pears oranges blue skies violet ...

A Question re Protection: hiding / deleting rows
First: you folks are great! I have workbook with a bunch of sheets. I protect the sheets, but want to let the users hide rows that apply to their needs; I've tried unlocking the rows, bbut once I protect the sheet, I can't hide or delete the rows. Any ideas? Thansk! RN Hi which Excel version are you using. Depending on the Excel version you can for example allow formating rows in the protection dialog -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Random NumNuts wrote: > First: you folks are great! > > I have workbook with a bunch of sheets. I protect the sheets, but > w...

Disable Adding & Deleting Rows/Columns
Is there an option you can set on a worksheet that will disable the user from adding and deleting rows/columns? I have macros set up in a workbook and everytime the user decides to add or delete a column it messes up the macros so I want to disable them from doing it. Thanks in advance. Hi if you have version 2002 and above you can do this via tools / protection / protect sheet first unlock all cells (select all cells / format / cells - protection - untick locked) then choose tools / protection / protect sheet - tick everything except inserting & deleting columns & rows clic...

Conditional formatting w/minutes
xl 2000--I am tracking transaction times and would like to use CF to highlite times more than and less than 2 minutes. I tried to use "cell value" and it is not recognizing :02, (for instance). What would a formula be that would work to do this? I think I need to convert the answer to a portion of a day? I am using a formula to subtract the start time and the end time. The results are formated as time ie :01, :06, :11, :02 etc. On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 19:25:02 -0800, Mike R <MikeR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >xl 2000--I am tracking transaction times and would like t...

drag value not format
Sheet has complicated formating with lines and fills. Need to lokc formating but be able to drag cell values without the formating smearing over. Can't figure it out by myself :-( Hi copy the source cell and paste it with 'Edit - Paste Special - Values' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany RCbear wrote: > Sheet has complicated formating with lines and fills. Need to lokc > formating but be able to drag cell values without the formating > smearing over. > Can't figure it out by myself :-( Not really what I need. I want to find out how to be able to drag...

Conditional formating condition..?
Hi All I have 2 CF conditions associated with a cell (C14), one of which is: Formula is =OR($C$4="Fred SOMEBODY",C14<>"10:30:00") What happens when this is true isn't important/relevant. The value in the cell appears as 10:30 (formatted as custom/hh:mm) but the value in the 'formula window' is actually 10:30:00. This type of condition works fine when the cell contains a simple number (or text) but I can't get it to work for either times or dates. I have tried it with and without the inverted commas (around the time value) and have tried using 10:30 ...

Why only 3 condional formatting?
In excel how come we are limited to only 3 condional formatting? an also data sort? and other things... i would of though that MS would o updated it since 2000 > 2002 > 2003 but it seems although they haven' considered it what so ever. Many Thanks DA -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 07:22:58 -0500, darkangelstorm <<darkangelstorm.190ws8@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >In excel how come we are limited to only 3 condional formatting? and >also data sort? and other things... i would of though that MS would of >updated it since...

Control format of headers in replies to an email
Lets say I have an email with several people on the TO list. When I receive the email and view it, Outlook shows me the senders name or Exchange identifier and hides the emails address, ie instead of me seeing: sammy.smith@somewhere.com I get 'Sammy Smith' This is generally fine, and if I need the real address, I can right click and get it. However if I reply to that email, or forward it (with forwards set to quote the original email instead of attaching it), in the header section of the quoted email, Outlook will insert the text 'Sammy Smith' instead of the real email ad...

formatting #5
XL 2007 I have a cell that indicates '1' the ribbon shows formatting as general. However when I click in the cell the formula bar shows SW18756489 and when I double click inside the cell also SW18756489 is shown and I can edit it. How can make the cell indicate SW18756489. AFD Very odd Is this happening with only one cell? What happens when you type say ABC123 in that cell best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "afdmello" <afdmello@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%235amJRXFIHA.5752@TK2MSFTN...

Fast way to insert data from database
I wrote a VB program that retrive data from SQL server to make a excel report. The report has some static text, such as report header, report footer, etc. Besides I need to set the font size of certains columns, therefore, I cannot directly use the ADO recordset directly. To make the excel report, I need to add the data cell by cell using WorkSheet.Cells() method, it works but its performance is slow. Is there any way for me to inserting the data from database with good performace? Perhaps have an intermediate stage in the process and get the data usin ODBC in a new worksheet then pull it...

Custom Cell Formatting #2
Okay, I know you can enter in @*- in the custom formatting for continued dashes across the cell, Invoice--------- but what if I want dashes on both side of the text? For example, ----------Invoice---------- Can this be done in the custom format or do I have to manually enter in all the dashes? Any help is much appreciated. Corey Corey I don't know of a format that will do this. If you have a great whack of these to do you could enter a few dashes in a cell by itself, say A1 has ------- Assuming Column B contains Invoice or any other non-custom formatted text. In C1 enter =$...

How do I create a report with headers in a row?
I want a report which has a lot of information given per each day of the week. I want to far left column to print only once with the corresponding information for each day beside it. Example report: cleaning tasks to do 3/1 3/2 3/3 3/4 3/5 3/6 clean bathrooms 1 1 mop floors 2 1 vacuum bedrooms 3 vacuum living 1 wash laundry My current column report shows this: 3/1 ...