Inserting Photos into Excel and linking to Word.

I need to be able to upload a digital photograph to a single MS Excel
worksheet and then link that photograph into a MS Word document from the
Excel workbook (photo needs to be visible in both Excel and Word).  The
photos should all appear the same physical size when they are place into the
Excel worksheet and they should appear the same physical size on the linked
Word document.

Can anyone describe the steps I should use to accomplish this or recommend a
possible alternative?
0
photos (2)

Can I insert a ruler onto a word document?
I have made a graph in word for my boss and he would like a ruler along the side and bottom if possible. Does anyone have a suggestion, or is there a better program to use? Wrong newsgroup. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Bonnie, VSI Construction" <Bonnie, VSI Construction@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EF5A38A-3002-487D-9FC7-894ADAC9B90B@microsoft.com... >I have made a graph in word for my boss and he would like a ruler along the > side and bottom if possible. Does an...

Removing link to another workbook
Hello, I originally did a VLOOKUP into another workbook to populate a cell. Once that data is retrieved and populated, I no longer need the link to the other workbook. Is there any way to remove this link and keep the data in the cell? The workbook where this data comes from will not be present when I supply the spreadsheet to others and when you open the xls it pops up an annoying msg asking whether you want to refresh the linked data. And, like I said, I only need to populate the data once, then keep it. Any help is appreciated! Thanks -- ATC ------------------------------------------...

Linking Database to invoice/email template
I have designed my database and on inputting a new supplier I would like Access to generate an invoice in excel and an email in outlook express, is this at all possible as can't seem to find anything like this in my step by step book. Neets <Neets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have designed my database and on inputting a new supplier I would like >Access to generate an invoice in excel and an email in outlook express, is >this at all possible as can't seem to find anything like this in my step by >step book. Actually I'd create the invoice in a PDF...

Excel click through
At work I can double click on a cell that is linked to another spreadsheet and it opens that spreadsheet. How do u turn this on? Does it work in office 2000 or do u need Office pro? Keith -- keithgg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithgg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29961 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496590 Try: Tools|Options|Edit Tab uncheck Edit directly in cell keithgg wrote: > > At work I can double click on a cell that is linked to another >...

Excel does not return to previous cell
Hi all, I am running into an problem with my users. We have a Excel 2000 spreadsheet. I know that typically, the sheet/cell that is selected when a user closes the spreadsheet will be the same when a user opens the spreadsheet the next time. However, the problem I am seeing is that the proves true with some users, but not with all users. Some users open the spreadsheet and instead of going back to, say cell A972, it opens to, say cell B4. I would welcome any input on this issue. Thanks, Jeff Averhoff <<<"I know that typically, the sheet/cell that is selected when a user...

How to insert Header will full text across page
what is the best way to do this? How would you insert a table row in the header so that it flows all the way across the page? I think this can be done; I've forgotten how. I want to repeat the header row and put a Table continuation notation above that. -- Janet A. ...

Removal of broken Hyperlinks from data copiedfrom a web page in to an Excel Spreadsheet
I have copied over 600 + lines into excel from a web page data base. I have cells which appear as hyperlinks (blue underlined text). When I put the insertion point over the cell, I get the little "hand" and a hyperlink box opens but is blank. I do not want the text in the cells to be hyperlinks nor do I want to open any hyperlinks. I went to the edit menu to select links to remove all but links is grayed out. I can remove each one, one by one, by using the arrow key to move into the cell, doing a right click and select, remove hyperlink. This works, but will not accept multiple...

Limits of Excel 2003
The worksheet have 256 columns. There are some way to increase this columns to 800 Hi no, not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ReneCabrera" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0afb01c4a258$85bdd990$a501280a@phx.gbl... > The worksheet have 256 columns. There are some way to > increase this columns to 800 ...

Hi All, I would like to load an Excel spreadsheet directly into a single table in Oracle. Both the spreadsheet and the table have the same ordering of columns and have compatable data. I am aware that a way to achieve this would be to convert the .xls file into a .csv file and then use sql loader. However, I am interested in doing this in a quicker/easier way directly from Excel, eg. by adding in some functionality and clicking on a new button for loading into the database. We are all able to read from a database in Excel by importing external data. Surely there is a way to change that...

How do I get the combo box to link with costs field in the table?
I have a database which I am trying to figure out. I have a field in the table which is the names of the cars and there is a price field. How do I link both of them up so that when I create a form and select the different car the different prices can appear. Can someone offer some help with this Please! Samiullah, We can't help until we know how you have your table set up. Is the CarName and the CarPrice in the same table? If they are in different tables, do you have a unique key field in each table that "relates" the CarName in one table with a CarPri...

Excel automation to access a workbook
I want to utililze Excel Automation to obtain properties from an Excel workbook. Given path of the Excel workbook, how can I get the properties of a workbook without making the Excel application or the workbook visible. Then obviously close the Excel workbook and the Excel Object after I get the properties Any help with this would be appreciated Here is some code I am using. I need help getting it to work. When I run it, I get an error message "Run-time error '-2147417851 (80010105)' Method 'Open' of object 'Workbooks' failed" I am in a form in Acc...

Custom Error Bars in Excel 2007
When choosing the option to add a custom error bar in Exel 2007 and trying to set the range to a worksheet that does not contain the chart I receive an error in Excel that closes down Excel. The steps I perform are: 1. Click on a bar in my chart 2. Click Layout 3. Click the drop down for error bars 4. Click more error bar options... 5. Choose custom and click specify value. 6. Click to set the range where this is then displayed ={1}. As soon as I change to the worksheet to set the range Excel errors out and shuts down. I have recreated this on more than one machine and the result is t...

How can I change default for inserting a picture
I edit a newsletter and I insert lots of pictures. I insert the pictures but I ALWAYS want them to be TIGHT for text wrapping and I want them to have a red border with a weight of 1 1/2. I always do each picture one at a time to change the format. Sometimes I have 90 pictures. Is there a way to tell word to always insert the picture the way I want? -- Thanks Very Much! Art Nittskoff Recent versions of Word let you choose the default wrapping format for pictures. For example, in Word 2007, you'll find the option here: Office button | Word Options, Advanced category: &...

How to avoid coping a link when coping a formula from another wor.
When I copy a cell with a formula in it from one workbook to another I can not avoid coping the link back to the source workbook. Others in the office don't seem to have this issue. Is there some switch which is causing this to automatically happen to me? ...

copy entire contents worksheet into new workbook, link but editabl
I need to copy the entire contents of a worksheet which is used by several collegues who need to see it looking the same always (headers in the same order,etc). In the new worksheet (workbook) I will rearrange the data for other purposes. However, I will need the data to be kept up-to-date as per the source worksheet. ...

Excel Invoice
I have an excel invoice that had macros from excel 4.0 when I open the invoice it ask me to enable or disable the macros I hit enable....I need to edit the cells and change some of the formulas around to get diffent figures...but i get an error that says the shaded cells are automatically calculated by excel therefore I cannot edit them I have unlocked the cells and ranges as well as have permission to the invoice but nothing seems to work....Do I need to have access to the workbook if so wouldnt that workbook be on my system so I could do this...??? I got a copy of this template from ...

insert nd delete row in protect sheet
hi, I wants 2 combo box button like insert nd delet row in protect sheet 2003. when user select any row nd press insert button row will automatically insert with formula and same as delete button. pls tell me what micro or code i m using. pls help me urgent. rks ...

Problem with Importing .csv into Excel
Hi, I have a csv file with a number of words (probably 1000-2000) separated by the "|" character. I wanted to import this file into Excel (Office 2003 Excel), so that I could get each word on a separate line so I could paste them into a blank text document. The problem is, when I go to import the .csv file, Excel imports each word into a column heading, & seeing as how it is limited to 256 columns, my file is not fully imported. I see that Excel has a 65000 row limit, which is more then enough, but I cannot see a way to get Excel to import each word as a separate row, rather tha...

Word audio files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Does anyone know how to extract the audio files from MS Word and convert to MP3? They are already MP3, you just need to dig them out of the document. Make a copy of the document and Unzip it. They're in the "media" folder. Having unzipped the document on the Mac, you won't be able to open it again in Word. Cheers On 14/02/10 5:47 PM, in article 59bb2d6c.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "kcj51@officeformac.com" <kcj51@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operat...

Convert *.BMP to Excel shape
Hi there, I have *.BMP file with freeform outline. Does anybody know any method to convert this *.BMP to Excel AutoShape? Of course I can Insert Picture from this file and then make new Freeform shape using my *.BMP as a template but I need to make about 50 shapes: Thank you. ...

Excel Solver Issue
I am trying to use the excel solver and am running into some issues. The solver is giving me results that I know are wrong and I cannot get it to give me the correct results. I am using it to calculate a linearity which is based off of the STDEV and AVERAGE of a group of numbers. The formula I am using is: =TRUNC(SQRT(SUM(($B$2-AVERAGE($B$2:$B$6))^2,($B$3-AVERAGE($B$2:$B$6))^2,($B$4-AVERAGE($B$2:$B$6))^2,($B$5-AVERAGE($B$2:$B$6))^2,($B$6-AVERAGE($B$2:$B$6))^2)/4),0)/AVERAGE($B$2:$B$6) This is basically the longhand version of STDEV/AVERAGE which I have found gives the actual number I am lo...

Problems with formating and formulas in Excel 2002
I am having problems with the sum formula in Excel 2002. I take a straight copy of data in an acess database (not an export) and paste it into an excel spreadsheet. I can not seem to format the cells nor can I use the Sum formula to calculate. If I manually re-type all the numeric value these problems seem to disappear. The problems seem to have started when Access XP was installed onto the PC but niether removing Access no re- installing the PC has worked to correct this problem. Has anyone else seen something similar? Hi It sounds to me like the cells are coming in as text, rathe...

KbFilter_ServiceCallback -- inserting and deleting packets
Hello, Presently I'm adapting a simple 'kbfiltr.sys' driver. Have it working and performing some modifications in the scan-code/key-press stream. Now would like to insert and delete packets from the stream. No luck finding an example of how exactly it's done. Seems the incoming packet array is typically a section of a ring queue, but have no way to know when to wrap the pointers or where the beginning of the buffer lies. Don't see a way to replace the buffer either. Is it possible to insert an event? Or are the comments misleading in this regard? Do...

Excel XP crashes when printing, etc.
When I use Excel, there are some functions that cause the application to crash. These include printing, changing font attributes and other common operations. The application error info is: AppName: excel.exe AppVer: 10.0.6501.0 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.1217 Offset: 00033905 I have tried repairing my installation as well as deleting the entire Office XP install and doing it again from scratch. I am running all current WinXP and Office XP patches from the Windows Update and Office Update sites. Any Ideas? Sounds like your print driver is bad. You might check at the man...

excel formula to convert server time in seconds
I extracted data from my server. It keeps a log of time like this 1069255091 (this morning) I converted the data into excel but now I need this cell value to b the actual date and time. Any one have the easy answer ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way =DATE(1970,1,1)+F1/86400 format result as mm/dd/yy hh:mm:ss -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "frogman1001" <frogman1001.x5hub@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:frogman1001.x5hub...