inserting phase lines on a line graph

Does anyone know how to insert a phase linei nto a line graph?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0
tobyhons (2)

inserting "......."
I have over 3000 rows and in column 3, I have a different word in each row.... row 1 apple row 2 banana etc etc..... Now, what I need to do is to put speech marks around each word in column 3, so it reads row 1 "apple" row 2 "banana" Any ideas how I can do this quickly using a function as opposed to inserting them manually? Use the function CONCATENATE, less than 5 minutes work should do it. Peter "Neil Greenough" <scrivomc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bj78f.221659$RW.27817@fe2.news.blueyonder.c...

Report Graphs
Just Wondering if some would Help me out on how about i go Creating a Graph Report, Which Shows The Date Searched Between. I Have Created a Graph Report, On a User, On How Much They Have Priced On Tenders Between a Certain Date. The Report Is Based On a Query Which is Based of the Project Table, and in the submitted Date Field on the Table i Have The Criteria >=[Forms]![Submitted_Date_Dialog_Graph]![Start] And <=[Forms]![Submitted_Date_Dialog_Graph]![End] So When Some Types In The Dates Is Show all Records As a Graph, The Graph have the Two Following Fields [Estimator] and [Tende...

macro to insert row after specific text
in column "A" I need to insert row after specific word, "First Out". is there a macro for this? I have over 7000 rows and one at a time is not good. Thank you Luke Sub Test() Dim iLastRow As Long Dim i As Long iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For i = iLastRow To 1 Step -1 If Cells(i, "A").Value = "First Out" Then Rows(i + 1).Insert End If Next i End Sub -- HTH Bob Phillips "Luke" <Luke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AFAC96F-76B7-4587-A66D-576...

Map Opportunity line item fields to Order line items
I need to map the Description field of an opportunity line item to a corresponding Order line item. I can't seem to get it to work -- has anyone had success with this kind of mapping? Thanks, Rhett Found the answer to my question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914921/en-us Works well! rhettu@gmail.com wrote: > I need to map the Description field of an opportunity line item to a > corresponding Order line item. I can't seem to get it to work -- has > anyone had success with this kind of mapping? > > Thanks, > Rhett ...

Hiding & Unhiding graphs...
Hello - I've got a sheet that contains 4 graphs -- the graphs are already built and update fine. Rather than have 4 small graphs or make users switch sheets, I want to use a spin-button to let them scroll through the graphs. I've inserted the spin-button and linked it to cell T2 -- available values are 1-4 and is working properly. However, I can get the graphs to hide/unhide when T2 changes. I tried this out on two of the graphs, code below: *************** Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Address = "$t$2" Then Application.EnableEv...

Inserting Image to Signature file in Outlook 2000
My Sister is trying to load a .gif file I created her for her signature card.... Not tha same as it is in Outlook 2003... I tryed to help her but its not coming out correct.. the image is getting distorted. Do you have A link or instructions I can send her? Thanks ...

insert path into excel footer office 2000
Trying to insert path and filename into footer. Filename is there (easy) Path is not. tried using the instructions here http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assistance/HA010448781033.aspx but keep getting error in code message relating to "ActiveSheet". Have copied it, typed it letter for letter, space for space and still no joy. Would be very grateful for help. Cheers, Alan -- "Do or do not - there is no Try" Yoda What version of Excel are you using? In Excel 2k3 I go to Page Setup, Custom Footer and there is an icon for Path/Filename. John Walkenbach has an addi...

Off-line mode
Have a prospect that has two locations in a stadium but would like to have one database for reporting. Could they use off-line mode at one location and then "sync" after the day? They can't run a cable to network the locations (Kiosks) and don't want to have to purchase HQ. Can they Print reports to show sales, taxes, etc. in off-line mode? Is the inventory decremented in offline mode? Any other suggestions? Pat "Pat@arms" <Patarms@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:CA5ADF16-1F6B-4DA9-BAFF-757BB8505D1F@microsoft.com... > Can t...

Pivot Table Resutls Don't Match the Graph
Hi Everyone! I have three pivots and one pie graph all on one worksheet. Now, one of pivots is supposed to generate the data into the pie graph and break it down into percentages. However, for some reason the percentages from my pivot don't match my graph. I tried looking at the decimal point in the pivot and it appears that Excel isn't rounding the numbers correctly so that they match the graph. Does anyone know why this might be happening?! Please help! Hi, Not enough detail. So what is one of the values in the pivot table (as displayed on the formula bar) that is not dis...

Graph from a PIVOT table: update not working. Please Help!
Hello everyone ! I have an question for experts : I am trying to create a tool to allow users to see 1 graph the result of a table: let me explain the problem: the table is a PIVOT table. So when I change the PIVOT table (= it adds different data in a range of cell determined) It seems working very well for the first graph (the graph is doen wih the good data). But when I update the pivot table the graph doesn’t make any changes (it keeps old first data). I have to redefine the source data manually (the data series are good but the selection is not working!!) . Do you know a way to solv...

sort and then insert rows help!
I am trying to start to automate this painful report that I do by hand every monday, I kinda was noticing what manual steps I was doing and I figure I try to automate some of it, maybe all of it with time :- ) So I wanted to do first is. The excel sheet has 6 columns, A - F A--------------B------------C Date-----------Name---------Activity D E and F have time and productivity data, but I only want to sort by A first and then by B, this I already done, so Sort by Date, then by Name. Then Look into column B and insert a 25 row space between the Names if the are not the same.. Here is my V...

Excel from the Command Line
Can Excel be controlled programmatically? I need to have Excel read a data file, create a chart and save it as a picture (gif, pdf). Can I do this from the command line or using a batch file? Do you have a document/link/example? Thank you in advance. - Mike Hi Mike, Look here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel <molariu@keyassets.com> wrote in message news:ohCTi.15962$JD.2176@newssvr21.news.prodigy.net... | Can Excel be controlled programmatically? | | I need to have Excel read a data file, create a chart an...

Adding a Second and Third Line to an Existing Stacked Bar/Line Cha
I have an existing stacked bar chart with the left Y-axis as the bar amounts combined with a line with the line amounts displayed on the right Y-axis. I want to add 2 more lines to my chart. When I add them as new series I do not get anything displaying on my chart. The ranges are all okay. What am I doing wrong? Are the added series listed in the Source Data dialog > Series tab? if so, they may be plotted as the incorrect type or against the wrong axes. You can select a series even if it's somehow obscured by selecting another series and cycling through series using the up ...

creating a bar graph
I have almost ZERO experience with making graphs. But I need to do this one graph. I have a worksheet that has various times and dates For example: DATE PORT TERMINAL OCEAN CARRIER TRANSACTION TYPE Single = 1 Dual = 2 EMPTY CONTAINER # IN LOADED CONTAINER # OUT WHEELED/GROUNDED (W/G) TIME ARRIVED IN LINE PEAK TIME ARRIVED IN LINE OFF PEAK TIME ARRIVED AT GATE TIME EMPTY RETURNED TIME FULL PICKED UP TIME OUT GATE ELAPSED TIME PEAK ELAPSED TIME OFF PEAK COMMENTS 10/14/2005 LA B234 KLINE 2 KKFU7218184 W 13:35 13:35 13:40 13:48 0:13 DTNT 10/14/2005 LA B234 KLINE...

Cell half
All of a sudden the cell outline (half tones) are disappearing when I delete/clear some cells. How do I get them back? Dave WinXP SP2 Excel(Office)2003 Hi Dave Select the cells>Format cells>Pattern>No colour -- Regards Roger Govier "Dave" <djbahb@dcwis.com> wrote in message news:umWkjzBgJHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > All of a sudden the cell outline (half tones) are disappearing when I > delete/clear some cells. How do I get them back? > > Dave > WinXP SP2 Excel(Office)2003 > > > Whew ! Thank you - I was starting to panic Dav...

How do I curve the lines of the "perspective" in a raised block i.
I am trying to create a cube in Visio with a rounded line. However, when I change the line of the block itself the "perspective" remains the same. I would like the "perspective" to also have rounded edges that match the block itself. Yeah, well, those shapes are created with a lot of painstaiking trigonemtry formulas in the underlying ShapeSheet engine behind each shape. It's not really any kind of 3D rendering code that creates these shapes. So when you round the corners, you kind of break the shape - the designer (*cough*) didn't lock down corner roun...

"Extra line breaks in this message were removed." in Outlook 2003.
Hello, How do I remove these extra line breaks from my sent plain text e-mails (don't like the formatting -- just like to be simple)? I assume Outlook 2003 is telling there are two carriage returns for each line in my signature. I do not want to have other Outlook users to click on "Restore line breaks" and/or do "Outlook's Tools menu -> Options... -> E-mail Options -> uncheck "Remove extra line breaks in plain text messages". The removed extra line breaks resulted (copied and pasted from an Outlook's sent e-mail): Phillip Pi Senior Softwa...

Plotting blank cells in line charts?
How do I keep a line chart from plotting blank cells. Formulas are in cells that return a blank when false. The simple way: 1) Hide the rows you don't wish to chart 2) Create a chart. 3) Click Tools, Options, Chart (click on chart first) 4) Uncheck the option to plot visible cells only "doogie" <doogie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D382F21C-CDC9-4861-B41B-595BEA39EBAD@microsoft.com... > How do I keep a line chart from plotting blank cells. Formulas are in > cells > that return a blank when false. =IF(your_formula=0,NA(),your_formula) ...

Removing a line inside a table cell
I created a table with several split cells and sent it out for people to fill in and complete the data. Someone has put a line inside one of the unsplit cells and several of the split cells that I can't figure out how to remove. This line is not a border nor is is underlined text--it is actually a line that stretches almost edge to edge of the cell. Apparently what they were trying to do was split the cell but added this line to divide the cell instead. If I try to split the cell, the line goes with the split and is in both cells. If I add a row, the line is in the new r...

How do I insert PPT into a web site?
I am trying to insert a PPT into my web site (www.theinitiators.info) and I've tried following several different sets of directions in doing so. When I go to the web page and click on the PPT, it tells me the page cannot be found. I wonder if someone could take a look at my site and see if you can figure out what I'm doing wrong? I would really appreciate any help! Thank you! Susan www.theinitiators.info -- Thanks in advance for your help! Ensure the PPT presentation is at the location that you're linking to (../../Career%20Switchers/Small%20Group%20Project/...

Inserting and wrapping text around pictures
I need to insert a picture and wrap text around it BUT keep the picture LINE and the text fully wrapping. How do I achieve that? Also, I want to do a global format of new pages before downloading a document from MS Works into publisher. How do I do that? JCM <JCM@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I need to insert a picture and wrap text around it BUT keep the > picture LINE and the text fully wrapping. How do I achieve that? There is no way to accomplish this. In-line images mean that the images appear on a line in the same way they do when you se...

Diagonal error lines in a scatter?
I have a scatter with 2 series. Series 1 plots "Original GM%" vs "Original Sales". Series 2 plots "New GM%" vs "Sales At New Price". The two series have the same number of points; in each series, a point represents a customer. So every company has two points on the chart, one in series 1 and one in series 2. Is there anyway to automatically connect corresponding points in the two series? I know I can use error bars if only the GM changes or only the sales changes (that is, if a company's point in series 2 is vertically or horizontally aligned wi...

Hiding 0 values in line charts
I have two columns, one is 2004 Weekly Sales Revenue and one is 2005 Weekly Sales Revenue. Obviously, 2004 has data for all 52 weeks. 2005 only has data for the weeks-to-date. How can I chart this data on a line graph-- showing comparison between the two years--and not chart the zero values? Thanks! 1) Fill empty cell with =NA(), OR 2) Click on chart to activate; use Tools|Options->Chart and specify how empty cell are to be treated, OR c) Use dynamic chart: see the Excel Tips & Tricks page on my website best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps f...

Chart Label wraps on the same line. "Wavelenght [nm]" appears as.
Chart Label wraps on the same line. example "Wavelenght [nm]" appears as "}Wavelenght [nm" in general the chart labels are not what i typed. Send me a copy of the file (personal mail not to newsgroup) What version of Excel are you using? -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "rog" <rog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9369578-AA4B-480B-93A2-14D91B8AC1F8@microsoft.com... > Chart Label wraps on the same line. example "Wavelenght [nm]" appears as > "}Wavelenght [nm" >...

how do i write a macro to move down in the sheet one line ?
I have to enter into a sheet several lines of information but I can't find what the equivalent to the Lotus 123 commands for this in Excel Visual Basic....they would be the down,up, right, and left commands. I thought selection.down would be it but there isn't such a thing. Where do I find a list of commands for vb that would be equivalent to Lotus. Selection.Offset(1,0).Select down 1 row Selection.Offset(0,1).Select across 1 column -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "surelystumped" <surelystumped@discussio...