Inserting object

Is there any macro that will allow the use of the insert picture from
scanner?  I have tried to use the recorder but it never recorded anything
when I used it.

Any help would be great

Thanks

Greg

0
laptopgb (91)

hiiiiiii
dear friend if u can insert picture from menu for Exp:
insert menu
Picture ---> from Scanner or Camera
if u have such useful command available so whyy u want to try macro.
after u try from insert menu it may work out for u but first install the
scanner
good luck !!!!!!!
"Greg B" wrote:

> Is there any macro that will allow the use of the insert picture from
> scanner?  I have tried to use the recorder but it never recorded anything
> when I used it.
>
> Any help would be great
>
> Thanks
>
> Greg

Can someone help with a SQL insertion?
Hi, We are trying to assign all items in a specific department to a specific category. Right now we have the category listings setup, but none assigned to any specific items. A sql command to automate this would be very helpful. Thanks, CS From within Store Operations Administrator run the following SQL statements Step 1 - Run the following SQL statement and print the results SELECT * FROM Department Step 2 - Run the following SQL statement and print the results SELECT * FROM Category Step 3 - Run the following SQL statement and substitute 999 with the DepartmentID you wish t...

insert rows and update linked cells
I have a master worksheet with 25 other worksheets linked to it. Is there a way for me to add rows throughout the master and have the linked worksheets add the same rows and then update the information added to the Master worksheet? I have owners with an owner number and need to be able to additional owners under them in case of a sale or death. Thank you for any help. Hi Laura Click on the first sheet tab, then whilst holding doen the shift button, click on the last. This will Group the sheets. Now anything you do to one sheet, will be replicated to all the sheets in the group. ...

FormView after insert
I have a FormView that is being used to insert rows in a table and it works fine. However, when I click the insert button it clears all of the controls in preparation for a new record. One of the controls is a DropDownList that I fill in code on the start of data entry. Is there a simple way to always preserve that option list after the insert? Or do I have to re-build it every time? Thanks. -- David ...

insert nd delete row in protect sheet
hi, I wants 2 combo box button like insert nd delet row in protect sheet 2003. when user select any row nd press insert button row will automatically insert with formula and same as delete button. pls tell me what micro or code i m using. pls help me urgent. rks ...

I get "an object is missing" message when sending hotmail
I can not send articles, forward email, or send some files. What does " object is missing" mean? ...

Outlook 2003
Good day, Outlook 2003, Windows XP. My email format is set to RTF. I do not use Word to modify or edit email messages. When creating a new email, I click Insert>Object, choose Create from file, Link, Display as icon. Problem: the icon does not display, only the filename. I choose another icon, no can do. Why is this? Thank you! ...

Where is MSCOMM object ?
Hello, Where is the MSCOMM activeX object (for communicating with com ports) ? (the friendly name of activeX object). Thanks :) "R.Selvam" wrote : > MSComm32.ocx > You search the system files ( it may be Windows NT based systems C:\winnt\system32, and Windows 9x systems C:\windows\System\ folder) It is on c:\windows\system32. I did : project -> add to project -> components and controls -> and browsed to the folder. When I have tried to insert the mscomm32.ocx, I got a message : The file you have selected is not a recognizable component. Why ? Thanks :) &qu...

Find: runtime error 1004 Application-defined or object-defined error
At the "Find" line, I get a runtime error 1004 Application-defined or object-defined error. I tried Googling this, but I could not find a solution for this particular occurrence. My code may be found below. Can anyone help? Thanks, Alan Sub ExtractMessages() Dim row As Long, LastRow As Long, temp As String, MsgRow As Long, LastMsgRow As Long, FindMsgName As String Dim pos As Integer, message As String, purpose As String, initiation As String, trigger As String Dim msgstriggered As String, MessageWS As Object, MessageListWS As Object, rng As Range...

Inserting data into Word document by a range of dates from Excel spreadsheet
I use Word (2007) to create a weekly "Notes" sheet for my group of Churches. The names of the deceased, which we remember week by week on the anniversary of their deaths, is held (at the present time) on an Excel 2007 spreadsheet. Is there any way (by Macro for example) I can automatically insert the names from the sheet into a table in Word by date range? Or can someone think of a better way to do this? (I don't have Access) Hi Gordon, You can't merge to a variable-row table, per se, but you can do a merge that outputs multiple lines in a tabular format. Word calls t...

How to execute an SQL insert/update from Excel for Mac
Hi All Basically I can use VBA/Macro to select and put the result data into a worksheet no probs, but I have no idea how I post data (ie insert, update or preferably send data to a stored proc). My spec is I have 1 x Mac OS 9 clean and 1 x Mac OS 9 Classic connecting to a Win2000 Server running SQL Server 2000. The client app is Excel 98 and Excel 2001 and both are using the Merant ODBC 3.5.1 drivers that MS made available on their web site when they forgot to include them on the Excel 2001 CD. Can you help? All I need is a simple VBA code snippet to show me how I do it. Thanks Laphan ...

Why can't I cut an Excel object?
I'm using Office 2007 and trying to edit an Excel file that I created several months ago. It's in xlsx format. When I try to cut an object from the file (like a text box or a shape), the cut option is grayed out. This doesn't seem to affect other Excel files I have and the Office diagnostic shows no problems ...

How can I change default for inserting a picture
I edit a newsletter and I insert lots of pictures. I insert the pictures but I ALWAYS want them to be TIGHT for text wrapping and I want them to have a red border with a weight of 1 1/2. I always do each picture one at a time to change the format. Sometimes I have 90 pictures. Is there a way to tell word to always insert the picture the way I want? -- Thanks Very Much! Art Nittskoff Recent versions of Word let you choose the default wrapping format for pictures. For example, in Word 2007, you'll find the option here: Office button | Word Options, Advanced category: &...

Inserting Multiple Rows and Formula Question
Hi, I have two quick questions. How do you insert multiple rows or columns. I can do one at time, but I haven't figured out how to do, say, 50 at a time. If you have a long formula and you want to change a number or letter in that formula that repeats many times, is there a way to change all of the repetitions at once. I can only do them one at a time. Thanks, Frank West Select n rows and Insert Rows. Use the fill handle to enter the formula in more than one cell. Press F4 to toggle between Relative, Mixed, and Absolute references for the cells (column letter and row number referen...

Insert Comments on a Protected Worksheet
hi - I have a worksheet with areas that are locked, and a range B5:H23 that is not locked. Protection has been applied to the sheet. The user is allowed to SELECT unlocked cells. My problem is that I want to be able to INSERT COMMENTS in the unlocked range. I can't seem to do this while protection is ON. (Comments can only be added when Protection is OFF) What am I missing? thanks in advance -- cinnie When setting sheet protection allow users to "Edit Objects"........down near bottom of list. Then you can Insert Comments in unlocked cells. Gord ...

Insert missing records into ItemDynamic (HQ)
I have an item in my HQ ans Store Ops databases that isn't in my ItemDynamic table. I don't know how it got that way, but I'd really like to fix it. I know that there was a KB article but I've searched and searched and cannot find anything. Help! Thanks, Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail ------=_NextPart_0001_254F266B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning Tom, Thank you for posting about a missing ItemDynamic record. I have not been able to find an available KB article that would insert the missing records in the ItemDynamic table. Ca...

Macro to insert cells and copy/paste data
I have 2 tables side by side in a spreadsheet. I need to compare the 2 tables and if the names, departments etc appear in table 1 (on the left) but not in table 2 on the right I need a macro to insert cells in table 2 at the appropriate position and then copy the info from table 1 and paste it into the newly inserted cells in table 2 on the right so that both tables have the same values in the same rows. The length of the tables could vary from 20 rows to 3000 rows and may not always be in the same location (cells) when I receive them so the macro would need to be "relative" Any h...

How to synchronize fields between objects
We are trying to automate some data entry between an Opportunity and Account objects. We enter data in the Opportunity object and when we close the opportunity with a win, we want to automatically populate equivilant fields in the Account object. The Account already exists, we want to refect the changes made in the opportunity. I have looked at onchange events, but that seems to only allow updates on the same form and I have looked at workflow but again that only allows chagnes within the same object. Any recommendations. Thanks in advance. -- Patrick The way to do thiw would be ...

abutting objects in Publisher
I want to abut two rectangles but I don't want the common border line they share to double in thickness. Right now when I snap two rectangles side by side, the line they share doubles in thickness. I want all the lines when abutting two objects to be the same weight. Select a rectangle, click lines, more lines, select the segment you want gone, expand the color dialog, click no line. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "tomnguyen" <tomnguyen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CF360A3-3...

Automatically moving a drawing object in a chart
Anybody know how to automatically move a drawing object within a chart. When I add new data the chart compresses to the left but the drawing objects stays. I want it to move with the bars or lines. Thanks, Dan There's no Excel capability to automatically move a drawing object to keep up with changing data (or changing chart formats, which can be just as frustrating). If the drawing object is not too complicated, you could add an XY series (one point only, an X and Y value) and use the drawing object as a custom marker. To do this, copy the object, select the series or the point, ...

Can I insert a ruler onto a word document?
I have made a graph in word for my boss and he would like a ruler along the side and bottom if possible. Does anyone have a suggestion, or is there a better program to use? Wrong newsgroup. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Bonnie, VSI Construction" <Bonnie, VSI Construction@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EF5A38A-3002-487D-9FC7-894ADAC9B90B@microsoft.com... >I have made a graph in word for my boss and he would like a ruler along the > side and bottom if possible. Does an...

How to insert Header will full text across page
what is the best way to do this? How would you insert a table row in the header so that it flows all the way across the page? I think this can be done; I've forgotten how. I want to repeat the header row and put a Table continuation notation above that. -- Janet A. ...

How to show child form with cannot access a dispose object error
Hi, I have child form attached to a parent form. It is declare in parent form. private frmChild child; I also have an event to show the form and activate it. if (this.child == null) { this.child = new frmChild(); this.child.MdiParent = this; } this.child.Show(); this.child.Activate(); No problem when called for the very first time to show the child form. Problem occurs when the child from is closed and the called again to show. "Cannot access a dispose object" error occurs on .Show() line. I do not want to just hide the child form. Can I completely d...

How to insert an existing macro into "Additional Include Directories"?
I have post this to another group. To avoid cross posting, I give the link to the original post. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.vsnet.general/browse_thread/thread/bc7ece9c00632947?hl=zh-CN Please give some consideration. Thanks in advance. ...

x Axis inserts extra dates
Hello, I am charting values in two date columns, one date is 8/16/05 and the other one is 9/1/05. The columns are side by side. This use to be a piece of cake for me until I started using Excel 2003. Now, instead of showing two dates on the X axis, it shows values for every two days between 8/16/05 and 9/1/05. I found out that the X Axis scale was showing a 2 day interval, however I was not able to make any changes in the scale area to show only the two dates I wanted. Any help would be appreciated. thx/Jerry Jerry, If you have only two dates, then there's no reason to have a time...

macro to insert a formula in a column
This is my first attempt at writing macros. I need to import comma separated text files from a control device. However, there are a number of rote preparations that must be done before the data can be analyzed. The first is to create a column and format it as a number with one decimal place. Cell C1 is the column header and C2 is given the value 0.0. Cell C3 is given the formula C2 + 0.1. C3 is selected and copied with ctl-V. C4 is selected, then I use the scroll bar to go to the bottom of the valid data and shift-left click on Cn. A ctl-V fills the column. This is time based data col...