Inserting comments on graphs

How do I insert a comment on a graph.  I want to call out something on the
graph.  I have tried drawing an arrow and adding text by the arrow but it is
not part of the graph and is sent behind the graph when the graph is selected.

Thanks.

Chris

Hi
AFAIK this is not possible

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> How do I insert a comment on a graph.  I want to call out something on the
> graph.  I have tried drawing an arrow and adding text by the arrow but it
> is
> not part of the graph and is sent behind the graph when the graph is
> selected.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Chris

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/20/2004 5:45:37 PM
Maybe you can use a textbox from the Drawing toolbar (or some other shape).

Make sure that the chart is selected before you add the object.  (You don't want
to add it to the worksheet.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

Christopher Anderson wrote:
> How do I insert a comment on a graph.  I want to call out something on the
> graph.  I have tried drawing an arrow and adding text by the arrow but it is
> not part of the graph and is sent behind the graph when the graph is selected.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Fixed Asset Import
I am trying to import Fixed Asset records using Integration Manager 10.0 and I am running into the following error message: Description = The UpdateIfExists parameter is set to 0 and you are attempting to integrate a record that already exists in the FA00100 table I would like to be able to update. Does anyone know how I can change this to allow for insert and update functionality? Unfortunately the eConnect Requester setup tool does not have that table as an option to update. Thanks, Craig Craig: I don't use integration manager so I apologize if this is diffferent but I do use ...

picture graph in Excel 2007
I used to be able to create a picture graph in earlier versions of Excel and I'm having problems getting this done in 2007. I can create the pictogrraph without problem by: copying the picture pasting it on one bar of the graph formatting the data point choosing stack and scale with 1 unit. The problem is that when I save the spreadsheet and then reopen, the pictures are gone. They will stay if I just choose stack, but with stack and scale, there is a problem. I can't use just stack because the scale will be off depending on the size and shape of the picture. Anyone have a solution...

Bug Rep: Excel 2007 .xlsm file not saving commented codes
since i've tested this agaist 2 different copies of Excel 2007 fresh install on different machines at home, i think it's clearly a bug. ok, in order to save vba codes now in excel 2007, i'd have to save files in the .xlsm format. that's cool. everything been working sweet, until... spent 4 long days busting my butt during the new year, missed all the nice parties to rush this stupid project out, and 2 hours being scream at by my boss over skype kinda ate my heart out. how can such a simple mistake be made? very very easy >:Errrrrrrr go on any sheet that has codes ...

Excel graphing and equation issues
Okay so here is my problem. For work, I have a curve that I need to put into excel and find the equation. So I look at the curve and record data points from the curve into excel. I will then graph the points and it will produce a curve just like the one have on paper. My problem comes when I ask excel to produce equations for the curves. The equations it produces do not match the curves when I enter a value into the equation. Why does this happen or how can I fix it? Make sure you start with an XY chart, not a line chart. Then make sure the equation has enough digits, so apply ...

inserting columsns variable range
hello all, i have a spreadsheet that is variable in range (number of columns can vary). i would like to create a macro that for each column in the worksheet, two new columns would be inserted to the left. i thought this would work, but i am running into problems... LastColumn = Cells.Find(What:="*", After:=[A1], _ SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, _ SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Column LC = LastColumn For i = 2 To LC If Cells(5, i + 1) <> "" Then Cells(5, i).Select Selection.EntireColumn.Insert ...

Picture inserted from file cannot be aligned

What's the deal with List View ignoring LVIF_STATE in OnLvnGetdispinfo Microsoft, please comment !
Hello all. I have whis wierd problem with list view ignoring LVIF_STATE in OnLvnGetdispinfo message handler. It is a custom drawn virtual list. When the list is initially displayed, I'm not getting any LVIF_STATE requests.for the items displayed, only when I scroll the list I start getting it, but list ignores it flat-out. Also, how come I'm not getting any OnLvnSetdispinfo messages? I've run into so many incosistencies when dealig with the virtual custom drawn list that's quickly becoming the nightmare. Here's the current bug list: 1. Keyboard selection bug: when ...

Comments with Lookup Formulas??
Is there anyway to insert a formula into a comment box?? I have one sheet with three columns which contain defect code numbers. I have another worksheet tab in the same excel file which contains a list of defect code numbers and defect descriptions. I want to display the defect description in a yellow comment box when I move the cursor over the cell which contains the defect code number. I looked at Excel's comment feature, but it appears that these comment boxes can contain only fixed text. Is there any way to incorporate a lookup function into the comment box so that it can look up ...

Is there an easy way to create automation in a graph?
I am trying to have information within my graphs update automatically. Currently i am using an "offset" function that will create some sort of automation but i was wondering if anyone knew of a more efficient less time consuming method. Thanks If you are using Excel 2003, put you data in a List. A chart made from such data automatically updates. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Duser" <Duser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8C68974-E8F5-4566-BA84-F8EB673E5779@microsoft.com... >I am tryin...

Insert blank rows
Rather than using the control button to select every other row, which can be very time consuming when you have more than 100 rows, I am trying to figure out how to auto-insert blank rows between pre-populated rows of information. Deb, Try this macro. ALT+F11 to open VB editor. Right click 'ThisWorkbook' and insert module and paste the code in on the right . Change the sheet name to your sheet and run the code Sub insert_rows() Dim ws As Worksheet, x as long Set ws = Sheets("Sheet3") lastrow = ws.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For x = ...

quick help with graphing
okay, this is a pretty simple question. I learned how to do it once, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to make it work. here is the problem: I have two sets of data- elapsed time(x-axis) and velocity(y-axis) on a line graph I can get it to graph, however I can't figure out how to change the scale of the x-axis (I can change the y-axis, but not the x-axis).....and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. also, I was supposed to put the x-axis data in one column and the y-axis data in another before I set up the graph, right? any help would be appreciated as this is...

Graphs
I currently have a custom graph showing data as two 2 bars and 2 colored lines. I need to make one of the colored lines a bar. How can I do this? Select the series that you want to change and right click to change the chart type. "Metalteck" <Metalteck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2680EC52-61C5-4098-82C7-29556F72D922@microsoft.com... >I currently have a custom graph showing data as two 2 bars and 2 colored > lines. I need to make one of the colored lines a bar. How can I do this? ...

inserting/merging pages
Trying to find out how I can add (2) 5.5W X 8.5H pages on 1 file with (2) 8.5W X 8.5H pages on a different file? All have the same background. I can not insert new page from page 2 that is 8.5X8.5 because it will be the same size and it does not let me make changes in page setup. Hence the reason I created pages 3 & 4 in a new file. ...

Figures in data box and percentages in graph
Hi - I have a client for whom we have developed a report system. They now want an ammendment to some of the graphs which means that they want to be able to see the actual figures in the data box under the graph and the bars/lines in the body of the graph to be based on percentages. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Regards Andrew You need to fake the data table. Tushar Mehta has a discussion of data tables and alternatives on his web site, http://tushar-mehta.com. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://Pelti...

Insert a row based on a macro
Is there a way to insert a row based on a formula. For example, If A5=25, I then want to duplicate the existing row and insert it in the line below. See answers in your other post. Pls don't multi post -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Mindie" <Mindie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75A1DDD5-6334-410D-8646-091B43D1B198@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to insert a row based on a formula. For example, If A5=25, I > then want to duplicate the existing row and insert it in the line below. ...

Picture missing and unable to re-insert?
Hi. I've been putting together a powerpoint 2003 slideshow purely with images for use in a theatre production (projections). All was fine and I had been fine tuning the presentation however this morning I found that the presentation had dropped an image from the slideshow. Powerpoint will not let me insert this image again and if I try it on a new slide or even a new presentation the image will not insert. I can view the JPEG image on many microsoft programs and I had been viewing it with no problems before this morning. Very frustrating. Any help would be great. Thanks. Kier...

insert 'x' number of rows in excel
Hi, I'm looking to insert 'x' no. of rows into an excel document where 'x' is the result of a 'countA' function. Is this possible? Hi# only possible with VBA. Would this be feasible for you? >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >I'm looking to insert 'x' no. of rows into an excel document where 'x' is >the result of a 'countA' function. > >Is this possible? >. > Yes VBA is feasible "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi# > only possible with VBA. Would this be feasible for you? > > >-----Original ...

Insert row, table to table
Hi, As I cannot use INSERT INTO with values specified to WHERE. I have created an interim temporary table where the record contains two text strings.Now I want to be able to take those text strings and append to the correct table where the record is set by an ID number. First_Name = Fred Last_Name = Jones Its a new contact so it is too be added to a customer with an ID = 1375 Now I can't use the following sql statement strsql = "INSERT INTO [tblCUSTCONTACTS] ( [FIRST_NAME], [LAST_NAME] ) " _ & " VALUES (""" & strFirst & "&...

How do I make a graph with 2-cycle X 3-cycle log-log graph paper?
I need to create a graph that uses 2-cycle by 3-cycle log-log graph paper. I was told that Excel can be used to do this. However, after fiddling around with it for an hour, I have been unable to figure out how to do it. Any suggestions? Charles A. Wilson - The only Excel chart type that supports log-log is the XY (Scatter) chart type. If more "fiddling around" with an XY (Scatter) chart doesn't yield results for you, post again with your problem and your version of Excel. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "Charles A. Wilson" <Cha...

Inserted Controls do not work once Saved
I am creating a form with textbox controls and date control. They work fine until I save the document then the controls seem to disappear. Has anyone had this problem before and what is the solution? I have copied the form and re-created the controls, but once again upon saving the form the controls go away. HELP Which version of Word are you using? Note that if you are using Word 2007, inserting content controls, and then saving in Word 97-2003 format, content controls will be converted to static text. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "LRay67" <...

when inserting a hyperlink the view is shortened with ././ at the beginning
when inserting a hyperink, the view is shortened at the beginning of th path with ../../ and it can not be opened by another user. th hyperlinks are to copies of email from a folder on a deskto -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Force relative (unprefixed!) paths in Insert Hyperlink dialog
Googling this question turned up a lot of people with the *opposite* problem, so I'm convinced I must be overlooking something obvious. The issue arises on 2 different PCs, running Excel 2000 and 2003, both with WinXP. I have several hundred files to be hyperlinked from a spreadsheet. When done they're all destined for a CD. So I figure we need all the hyperlink paths to be relative, that is, the address field for each link should be in the form \mystuff.txt and not E:\mystuff.txt (nor any other letter plus :\mystuff.txt).. But no matter what I put in the 'Hyperlink Base&...

Inserting a calculated field in a Pivot Table in Excel 2003
In the past I know I have done this but I can't see the option now to insert a calculated field. Does someone know where this is located? Thanks so much. Disregard. I figured it out. Thanks to anyone who answers before reading this. "Nadine" wrote: > In the past I know I have done this but I can't see the option now to insert > a calculated field. Does someone know where this is located? Thanks so much. ...

Inserting Multiple Worksheets?
Is it possible insert multiple blank worksheets into a workbook? I.E. I want to insert 20 fresh worksheets without having to insert one shee 20 times. Also, supposing I have a set of tabs with each one corresponding to th day of the month, is it possible to somehow drag more worksheets tab that would continue the naming system -- Mr Zer ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mr Zero's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1558 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27724 Hi you can insert...

Reporting/Graphing by Class
In Quicken I was able to include or exclude custom defined classes from reporting/graphing function. I don't seem to be able to that in Money. Help, anyone knows wheter you can control visibility of "classified" transaction or is "categories" the only criteria that you can use to customize a graph? In microsoft.public.money, Alex Gordon wrote: >In Quicken I was able to include or exclude custom defined >classes from reporting/graphing function. I don't seem to >be able to that in Money. Help, anyone knows wheter you >can control visibility of...