Insert time into a cell with seconds?

I am trying to insert a "timestamp" into a cell using ctrl+shift+;an
want hh:mm:ss format.
If I format the cell in hh:mm:ss the seconds always is 00.  It appear
that when I ctrl+shift+; excel truncates the system time to hh:mm.  I
there a way around this or another way to get the seconds into a
"insert time" command

Try this simple macro.  Assign it to keyboard shortcut of
Ctrl+Shift+T and it should do what you are looking for by
inserting the time in the active cell.

Sub Time_Stamp()
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+T
    ActiveCell.Value = Now()
    Selection.NumberFormat = "h:mm:ss"
End Sub

ctrl+shift+;and
>want hh:mm:ss format.
>If I format the cell in hh:mm:ss the seconds always is
00.  It appears
>that when I ctrl+shift+; excel truncates the system time
to hh:mm.  Is
>there a way around this or another way to get the seconds
into an

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
11/17/2003 11:27:41 PM
Mike

It seems the default is for Excel to use the hh:mm:00 format when using the
shortcut mehtod.

This small macro on a button will enter the seconds also.

Sub NOWTIME()
    ActiveCell.Value = Format(Now(), "h:mm:ss AM/PM")
End Sub

Copy/paste it to a general module and assign it to a button or shortcut combo.

Gord Dibben   XL2002

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:53:06 -0600, mike EA4347
<mike.EA4347.x25xn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>I am trying to insert a "timestamp" into a cell using ctrl+shift+;and
>want hh:mm:ss format.
>If I format the cell in hh:mm:ss the seconds always is 00.  It appears
>that when I ctrl+shift+; excel truncates the system time to hh:mm.  Is
>there a way around this or another way to get the seconds into an
>"insert time" command?

>~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/
>~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
Gord

How to get second signature line back on our cheques
Our cheques have two signature lines printed. After our recent upgrade to 9.0, one line has vanished. How do we get it back? are you using Mekorma's Micr? If so, go into the check configurator, and re-add the signature. "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22B53C6B-32D9-44B4-9637-E18BB7220B9A@microsoft.com... > Our cheques have two signature lines printed. After our recent upgrade to > 9.0, one line has vanished. How do we get it back? Yes we are using Mekorma's Micr, How do I go into the check configurator? "Mike G&qu...

Need Syntax for "AND" to Evaluate 2 Cells
I need to evaluate 2 cells while inside an "Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)". I thought AND would work but I cannot get it to work; I receive a syntax error on the AND(Range... line. Can someone please provide me the proper syntax to evaluate the 2 cells? Here's my code... Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If ActiveSheet.Name = "Sheet1" Then And(Range("I3") <> "", Range("K4") = "") Then Range("K4") = Range("K3") End...

Enter "1", cell show ".01". Why?
Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. If proceded by "=" the number is correct. What caused this and how can I fix it? Try this .. Click Tools > Options > Edit tab Uncheck "Fixed decimal" > OK Things should be back to normal now .. (it's a fixed decimal setting !) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Yonian" <Yonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40499CA4-7FAF-42A6-8B19-A90881735C50@microsoft.com... > Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. > If p...

selecting a cell
I seem unable to select a single cell, or a single row--click on one in the normal manner, and the two below also highlight, then delete or whatever command is given. If I input a number/text, that just goes into the one cell. tapping F8 increases this to two wide and three high automatically selected. Also, very slow to do almost anything. Thanks Pat, Are you by any chance using Excel 2007? If so there is a known bug that causes multiple cell selection and I understand this has been reported to Microsoft. If you take the zoom level up and down this is reported to cl...

Time keeping systems and Project Server 2007
Can anyone suggest the best way to import actual hours from a existing time keeping system? This is my first Project Server deployment, and it has been smooth so far. I would greatly appreciate advice and/or experience in this area. Thanks, and happy new year D.L. Pruett Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ASP.NET Production Exception Logging for Dummies http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/9bd9164a-8af4-4951-9f1b-e188b80f5c7c/aspnet-production-except.aspx It all depends upon if you want to kept timephased days/hours without any changes or...

Copying recordset multiple times using copyfromrecordset
We recently caught this issue but found out after research, that this has been occuring all year. This code worked in the past, but I am not sure if there was an Excel update that occurred which changed the behavior of the script. What we are trying to do is to have a recordset pasted twice into two seperate worksheets. It is pasting without issue in the first copyfromrecordset, but then it skips over the second paste (even when stepping through the code). I know that it is not the worksheet we are copying into because I can reverse the 'first paste/second paste' (see lab...

Time performance Chart
Greetings. (help) I need to develop a chart that graphically depicts an employees start time and end time each day. This chart would be a bar chart. The bar chart would have days of the month along the bottom, and the side would start at 00:00 at the bottom and end at 24:00 at the top. I need to be able to enter an employees start time and end time and have it charted along the bar. So if the employee started at 07:00 and ended work at 18:00, the chart would show a colored bar that corresponds to the start time and the end time. Also, if an employee came back to work the chart would refl...

cell will not center
Hi. I have a user with an Excel worksheet. There are multiple rows and columns and they are all set on center alignment, (center alignment icon on the toolbar as well as Format Cells --> Horizontal Alignment --> Center.) The alphabetical characters align correctly but the numerical don't, as they will only left align. Format Cells --> Number is set to General, so I don't know why it won't change the alignment. Other than the worksheet being corrupted, I don't know what could be wrong with it. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks! Hilary =?Utf-8?B?SG...

Inserting Excel into Access Reports

Count # of cells b/w cells ...
Hello, I have the following data in a column: 7 0 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 0 7 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 7 etc. The number of zero's between the 7's is random. I want a formula tha would count the number of zeros between the 7's. Thanks, Ari Bar -- AriBar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AriBari's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38806 Assume A5:A20 is the data, try this: B5 = A5+B4 (copy formula down) Now make a table with 2 column...

Too many different cell formats #6

date/time formatting

Time Conversion
I need help in converting time. I am using data from a time clock which currently formats time as 1.5. When I input this data into a cell how can I have it formated to read 1 hour and 30 minutes (1:30) T.I.A. Ed What you could do in an adjacent row or column is format them as Time and then using a formula, divide the input time by 24(hours in a day). >-----Original Message----- >I need help in converting time. I am using data from a time clock which >currently formats time as 1.5. When I input this data into a cell how can I >have it formated to read 1 hour and 30 minut...

format cell #4

WMP12 crashes after 5 seconds
im using WMP12 on WIN 7 it crashes after approx 5 seconds and goes thru the normal WMP12 encountered an error message but nothing happens with regards to fixing or reporting... Media centre works fine. so im kinda perplexed.. i must point out thoi i UPGRADED to WIn 7 from Vista home premium.. the installation went smoothly and everything was fine until i shanged the mobo and cpu for a quadcore any ideas pls??? Any crash details for that from the Event Viewer? http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket -- Speaking for myself only. See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html ...

first time linking worksheets need some info and help
I'm trying to link 4 cells with dates in them to be inputted into the second sheet for calculation. BUT the info is in a cycle. So basically I need it to link and stay. But when I do the next cycle, I need the info to change. I do have a column that is counting the cycles. So can I make it so it'll link the info until the cycle number changes? (a Formula???) if so how do i put a link and formula together. Also if this is figured out,can you possibly link a cell to two different worksheets within a workbook? Thank You Bryan Bloom Hi, Can you give an example as to what you are...

Sum Times
I have four fields on a form to show time. I want a seprate "Total" field to add the time between the first two fields and then add the time between the second two fields. Like this: In LunchOut LunchIn Out Total 6:00am 12:00pm 12:30pm 4:30pm 10 hours The first four fields are stored as medium times. Can someone let me know how to do this? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200707/1 "ladybug via AccessMonster.com&quo...

Find and replace with bold in cells

Conditional Formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen
Is it possible to do conditional formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen? Thanks, Greg 1. Place the cursor in A1 cell and select the Range 2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting> 3. For Condition1>Select 'Formula Is' and paste the below formula =LEFT(A1,1)="-" 4. Click Format Button>Font>Color select your desired font & Background Color pattern and then give ok Change the cell reference of A1 to your desired cell, if required. But keep in mind that when applying the conditional formatting the Active cell should be in the ce...

how to insert borders on flyer within Microsoft publisher?
Please help, I'm trying to insert a border around a flyer...I'm using Microsoft Publisher. Thanks, Harriet Is it a clipart border, Borderart or a simple rectangle? What problems are you having? What version Publisher? Any border you insert should be sent to the back so it does not interfere with your main design. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Harriet" <Harriet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E2ED4D8-CC09-497F-A17C-44AE41F951C9@microsoft.com... > Please help, I'm ...