insert the last date when the file was modifie

Dear all;

This should be an easy one for you ; I work on spreadsheets daily and then
save them to refer to them later or update them. What I would like to achieve
is :

When I actually work on a spreadsheet - i want to insert the date of the day
only when the data changed  or update the contents of the worksheet.

i mean what i am trying to achieve is insert the last date in a specefic
cell when that the file was modified (upadted-cahnge of contents)

Is there perhaps any way to do this
I thank you for your help and your offers

0
Chetoos (6)

Hi Chetoos.  Take a look at Mr. McGimpsey's site:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html  HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"Chetoos" wrote:

> Dear all;
>
> This should be an easy one for you ; I work on spreadsheets daily and then
> save them to refer to them later or update them. What I would like to achieve
> is :
>
> When I actually work on a spreadsheet - i want to insert the date of the day
> only when the data changed  or update the contents of the worksheet.
>
> i mean what i am trying to achieve is insert the last date in a specefic
> cell when that the file was modified (upadted-cahnge of contents)
>
> Is there perhaps any way to do this
> I thank you for your help and your offers

0
Michael5492 (655)

Calculate a biweekly date
Is there a way to use a formula to calculate a biweekly pay day? For example, I want a spreadsheet that automatically puts the date for every other Wednesday throughout the year?? Automatically how? In what way, what would you do to trigger this date entry? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "TimT" <TimT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7681C94C-AB08-4141-AC45-1CD04C7788D7@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to use a formula to calculate a biweekly pay day? For > example, I want a spreadsheet that automatically puts the date for every > other Wednesday th...

How to set include files in wince subproject 6.0
Hi I am creating application in wince 6.0, while build the source code I received build error. C:\WINCE600\public\common\sdk\inc\fsdmgr.h(35) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'diskio.h': No such file or directory Since i include the following path C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\INC to Tools->option->ProjectSolution->VC++Directory, Still i got the same error. Pls any one advise me how to add the include file in the root. Regards Venkat Set your include path in the following dialog Project-->Properties-->Configuration Properties-->...

Convert Euro date to Julian
I have a euro date such as 20040902 and I need to convert it to 9/2/2004. I actually was successful previously using "text to columns" and then formatting but I have forgotten. Anyone run into this? Hi what do you mean with 'forgitten'?. You find this feature in the menu 'Data - Text to columns'. for formatting goto 'Format - Cells' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany KJ wrote: > I have a euro date such as 20040902 and I need to convert > it to 9/2/2004. I actually was successful previously > using "text to columns" and then ...

How can I open files from a prev. version of Publisher in Pub 2000 #2
Is there a way to open files from an earlier version of Publisher in Publisher 2000? I have a file that I cannot access, that I believe was created in Publisher 97 or 98, that I need to access, but I get an error message that says it cannot be opened. You should be able to open it. Maybe it is a 2002 or 03 document. Do you have Norton? Disable script blocking and in Norton Options Office Plug ins. If that doesn't work send the files to me and I will convert them for you. Remove "my" to reply. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news:...

Comparing dates in columns from linked table
Hi, I'm new to Access/SQL and have a problem with a query that I just cant seem to be able to solve. So, I have an Access database containing client number, security name and date, that information has to be updated every month, the source for the update being an excel file that I link to the Access database. But I dont want to overwrite on the existing data so what i wanted to do was add the current month's data, when it's not already in there. What I did was an insert query which inserts the data from the excel file to the table in the Access database only if the c...

CSV Files #3
I am collecting data via a webpage. Is there a way of when the CSV file is imported into Excel (that if the user has pressed return/enter when completing the form) that this could be automatically deleted. Automatically deleted from the webserver or from a local folder ? The webserver is easy, make a script to delete it after you have downloaded. (that could be bad if you manage to delete or change the file..) The local folder...delete it manually. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages direc...

.accdt file reading
hi, i would like to read the data\content of a .accdt file... i've tried using teh oledbconnection.....with the below connection string.. Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033\Access\Core.acctb;Persist Security Info=False;"; OleDbConnection conn = new OleDbConnection(); but it failed... how can read .accdt file? any other alternative..please help out ...

cannot see inserted clip art
When I insert a piece of clip art into a ms pub doc I cannot see it, even if i ordered it bring to front. what is going on? Look at View, Picture Display and see if "Hide Pictures" is checked. -- Don Vancouver, USA "boopergoat" <boopergoat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98B43DD7-1DB9-4999-AAAF-595D393D20DE@microsoft.com... > When I insert a piece of clip art into a ms pub doc I cannot see it, even > if > i ordered it bring to front. what is going on? ...

separate file attachment from text body
Hi All, One of my users running outlook 2007 replies to a recipient; upon attaching a file, the attachment shows up in the text body. I notice this when replying to messages vs. starting new ones. Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated. Thank you. -mike Check their format. Rich Text usually does this. Plain text and HTML insert the attachment into it's own field. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Mike" wrote: > Hi All, > > One of my users running outlook 2007 replies to a ...

How to use an Excel 1997 files with line chart that have date & ti
I have many old Excel 1997 files with line graphs that show up the x axis date and time values. The old Excel 97 show about ever 10 or 20th date/time stamp in the x axis, but the new 2003 show only black spots at the bottom of the line graphs. How do I get Excel 2003 to produce a line graph to show time/scale data that has dates and times like the old Excel 97 did? ...

Exporting to a unicode text file
I'm trying to export my worksheet to a unicode text file and everytime I have a cell with a comma in it the exported file has double quotes around the text in that cell. Does anyone know how to disable this annoyance? ...

populate Keywords with a batch file?
I'd like to know how to create a batch file that can store a key word (including a trailing comma). I'd open an appropriate word.doc, run the batch file, and that keyword and comma would be inserted in the Keywords panel, either preceding any existing keywords there, or appended to any existing keywords there. So if I had multiple batch files, each embedded with their own unique keyword and comma, I could invoke certain ones as desired, one after another, progressively populating my document's keywords panel with multiple keywords all strung together with comma d...

Formatting a .txt file / fixed width
Hello: I have a text file that I need to edit. The fields in the text fil are all fixed length (not tabbed). For example: tzwaaaaaa lcust 000001waaaaaa lcust 7903 waaaaaa lcust 0078442040592 I would like to import a table of records like the one above in Exce and be able to add additional rows. The paramaters being: 1) where 000001 is, I will have to increment each row by one. 2) where 0078442040592 is will be a totally different number, but wit the same exact # of digits. When I save this "modified" file the field lengths must be exactly th sam...

Outlook 2003 Distribution list from a file?
Hi all, Please could someone tell me how I can build a Distribution List in Outlook 2003 using either a .txt a .csv or a .xls file. I have a list of 50 email addresses that I need to build into a distribution list, and I'm pulling my hair out trying to find a way of doing it. Thanks all, Stu You cannot import directly into a DL. If your addresses are formatted correctly, you can use the method outlined here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041105.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Stu" <Stu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:443A0F24-0...

Privet file corrupted on Exchange Server
Hi all I have an Exchange Server 5.5! Suddenly I see that its work very slow! Restarting the server ... and when server booting its show me that there are some errors on the HDD. Press F1 to continue... The problem was on the HDD on which public folder stored! First error indicates that the folder f:\exchsrvr corrupted! Restarting the server second time ... on windows booting scan disk started.. Its show that 4 bad sectors on storage HDD! Now exchange service stopped! Trying to restore from backup! I have the same result! Services cannot start. How can I solve this problem! Help please! Excha...

Shortcut to insert a formula on many rows
Hi, I forgot how to make something and hope somebody form here can help me. For example I have 5000 rows of some random numbers in column A. In column B I want to insert a formula (any formula). How can I "insert" that formula for all 5000 rows with data at once. I know there is a shortcut for this but I forgot... :( Thanks for help! -- Vitalie Ciobanu AISBERG http://aisberg.rau.ro Hi Vitalie, Double click on the fill handle. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm it will copy the formula down as long as there is something in the column to the left. --- HTH,...

Last Name Between...And Statements
Hopefully someone can help me with this. I'm trying to create an Access database that will pull a list of people based on the first two letters of their last name. Since this list will vary, depending on the user of the database, I want to use dialogue boxes so that a person can put in their own parameters for the list. For example, say my list is Dn-Km. A dialogue box will pop up, asking for the beginning of the alpha range. Then, once the person clicks on the OK button, a second dialogue box will pop up, asking for the end of the alpha range. So far, I've figured out that you can...

clicking on an MP3 file requires confirmation
Excel (2003) is offering a confirmation dialog whenever an url pointing to an MP3 file is clicked? Can this be (easily) disabled? ....or what is an approach to it for files on one's own hard drive. I am linking a list of vocabulary words in one field/column with an MP3 file name in another field/column with a formula using: =HYPERLINK(F1,E1) All MP3 files are local. ...

recalculates formulas when opening files last saved by an earlier.
Get message: recalculates formulas when opening files last saved by an earlier version of excel. How do I find out what and where the formulas are? Hi all formulas are re-calculated :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3DAB310A-9E42-4A84-9660-28224E362FC2@microsoft.com... > Get message: recalculates formulas when opening files last saved by an > earlier version of excel. > > How do I find out what and where the formulas are? and to find out what and where the formulas are do this...

Excel 2002 hangs when I try to insert a Package
I have Office XP And SP 3 installed. When I try to insert a package using Insert > Object > Package Excel hangs and stops responding. I can succesfully insert a PowerPoint object type... ...

Dates posted within a standard column chart
I have a regular column chart with dates at the bottom, and the columns are the # of cases made per week. I'm trying to include the dates the Case specifications were changed within the chart. I only want to have a point within the chart showing the date it was created within the dates already showing. For example, I have the dates of 10/1, 10/6, 10/13, and 10/20 on the X-axis. There are four columns per date. The dates of the specification changes are 10/9, 10/14, and 10/15. I'd like points showing on those dates with Version 1, Version 2, and Version 3 marked. Any ideas...

attachment file order
Outlook 2003 new message plain text mode I insert 10 jpg images as attachments. They appear in the attachment window in the order I inserted them. How can I rearrange them to change the order they appear in the window so people who receive the e-mail will open them in the proper order? Dale Embed them in the html message body instead of attaching them? Otherwise, you can't control which one they click on first or which they open first after saving them. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual Qui...

Macro to change Chart Range when inserting a column
I have created a workbook to use as a weekly reporting tool for different sites across the country. It contains a "Report" sheet and a "Data" sheet. There are 4 charts embedded into the Report sheet. I have set-up the Data sheet to have the data titles in Column A, a 12-week summary in Column B, and the weekly data begins at Column C. For the 12-week, I used the formulas =sum($C$1:$P$1) and on the Chart series, I used =Data!$C$1:$P$1. I designed the sheet so a center would insert a column at Column C each week for the most recent data. Unfortunately, everytime th...

Date vs h:mm:ss confusion
I have a table of approx 120 cells which contain what is supposed to be a number of hours:mins:secs but in the formula bar a date and time is shown. Example - cell shows 15:31:49. Formula is shown as 06/01/1900 07:31:49 . Cells are formatted as custom (h):mm:ss and copy/paste-special - value throws up the result 6.31376157407407 The data forms part of an exercise to graphically illustrate the number of minutes different departments spent on the phone each month using the billing spreadsheets supplied by the telephone company and I need to convert what is in each cell to a meaningful...

moving the outlook.ost file
Hi, I'm probably having a moment of stupidity here, but can someone please point me in the direction of some info on how to move the outlook.ost file? I've tried closing outlook and moving it, but it just creates a new one. I can see the location of the file in the advanced properties tab, but I can't change it. Aaaargh! Dunc You must have the offline folders disabled before you can set a location for it. Any specific reason you want to change this location? It's just a copy of the original mailbox. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating ...