Insert Page Numbers on Worksheet in Excel 2007

In Excel 2003, if you wanted to put page numbers on multiple worksheets in a
workbook, you grouped the worksheets and then added a header or footer, using
the page number function.  All of your grouped worksheets would shows its own
page number.

But in Excel 2007, only my first worksheet is numbered when I do this (as
Page 1).  What's the problem?  Do I actually have to put a page number, one
by one, on each worksheet?

I cannot replicate your problem with 2007.

Grouped sheets behave exactly as 2003 did.

After grouping and adding a header of  Page 1 did you do a print preview
with the grouped sheets?

Only Page 1 was showing?   None of the other pages had a header?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:50:02 -0800, Stratuser
<Stratuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>In Excel 2003, if you wanted to put page numbers on multiple worksheets in a
>workbook, you grouped the worksheets and then added a header or footer, using
>the page number function.  All of your grouped worksheets would shows its own
>page number.
>
>But in Excel 2007, only my first worksheet is numbered when I do this (as
>Page 1).  What's the problem?  Do I actually have to put a page number, one
>by one, on each worksheet?

0
Gord
1/27/2010 11:57:36 PM
Yes, I did a print preview with the grouped sheets, and no page except the
first page had a header.  So that put me in the position of having to do an
individual header for each of 15 worksheets (Page 1, Page 2, ...Page 15),
which I don't want to do.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> I cannot replicate your problem with 2007.
>
> Grouped sheets behave exactly as 2003 did.
>
> After grouping and adding a header of  Page 1 did you do a print preview
> with the grouped sheets?
>
> Only Page 1 was showing?   None of the other pages had a header?
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:50:02 -0800, Stratuser
> <Stratuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >In Excel 2003, if you wanted to put page numbers on multiple worksheets in a
> >workbook, you grouped the worksheets and then added a header or footer, using
> >the page number function.  All of your grouped worksheets would shows its own
> >page number.
> >
> >But in Excel 2007, only my first worksheet is numbered when I do this (as
> >Page 1).  What's the problem?  Do I actually have to put a page number, one
> >by one, on each worksheet?
>
> .

I found a way of getting around the problem.  I went to Page Layout, and then
to Print Titles, and there I put in the header.  For some reason, it worked,
although it hadn't worked when I tried going into Print Preview and putting
in the header from there.

"Stratuser" wrote:

> Yes, I did a print preview with the grouped sheets, and no page except the
> first page had a header.  So that put me in the position of having to do an
> individual header for each of 15 worksheets (Page 1, Page 2, ...Page 15),
> which I don't want to do.
>
> "Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
> > I cannot replicate your problem with 2007.
> >
> > Grouped sheets behave exactly as 2003 did.
> >
> > After grouping and adding a header of  Page 1 did you do a print preview
> > with the grouped sheets?
> >
> > Only Page 1 was showing?   None of the other pages had a header?
> >

> > Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
> >
> > On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:50:02 -0800, Stratuser
> > <Stratuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >In Excel 2003, if you wanted to put page numbers on multiple worksheets in a
> > >workbook, you grouped the worksheets and then added a header or footer, using
> > >the page number function.  All of your grouped worksheets would shows its own
> > >page number.
> > >
> > >But in Excel 2007, only my first worksheet is numbered when I do this (as
> > >Page 1).  What's the problem?  Do I actually have to put a page number, one
> > >by one, on each worksheet?
> >
> > .

Have you tried the same operation on a new workbook?

Open a new book and group the sheets.

Enter something in A1 and copy down to A100.

Setup the header and preview.

Same thing?

As I stated in first reply............I cannot replicate your problem in
2007 so not much help.

Gord

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 06:36:02 -0800, Stratuser
<Stratuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Yes, I did a print preview with the grouped sheets, and no page except the
>first page had a header.  So that put me in the position of having to do an
>individual header for each of 15 worksheets (Page 1, Page 2, ...Page 15),
>which I don't want to do.
>
>"Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> I cannot replicate your problem with 2007.
>>
>> Grouped sheets behave exactly as 2003 did.
>>
>> After grouping and adding a header of  Page 1 did you do a print preview
>> with the grouped sheets?
>>
>> Only Page 1 was showing?   None of the other pages had a header?
>>

>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>>
>> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:50:02 -0800, Stratuser
>> <Stratuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >In Excel 2003, if you wanted to put page numbers on multiple worksheets in a
>> >workbook, you grouped the worksheets and then added a header or footer, using
>> >the page number function.  All of your grouped worksheets would shows its own
>> >page number.
>> >
>> >But in Excel 2007, only my first worksheet is numbered when I do this (as
>> >Page 1).  What's the problem?  Do I actually have to put a page number, one
>> >by one, on each worksheet?
>>
>> .

0
Gord
1/28/2010 5:36:30 PM
I see.

I always go through Print Titles or File>Page Setup............never tried
through Print Preview.

Same behaviour in Excel 2003.  Only adds Page number(s) to first worksheet
when seet up from Print Preview.

Just never noticed.

Thanks for posting back with resolution.

Gord

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 09:27:01 -0800, Stratuser
<Stratuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I found a way of getting around the problem.  I went to Page Layout, and then
>to Print Titles, and there I put in the header.  For some reason, it worked,
>although it hadn't worked when I tried going into Print Preview and putting
>in the header from there.
>
>"Stratuser" wrote:
>
>> Yes, I did a print preview with the grouped sheets, and no page except the
>> first page had a header.  So that put me in the position of having to do an
>> individual header for each of 15 worksheets (Page 1, Page 2, ...Page 15),
>> which I don't want to do.
>>
>> "Gord Dibben" wrote:
>>
>> > I cannot replicate your problem with 2007.
>> >
>> > Grouped sheets behave exactly as 2003 did.
>> >
>> > After grouping and adding a header of  Page 1 did you do a print preview
>> > with the grouped sheets?
>> >
>> > Only Page 1 was showing?   None of the other pages had a header?
>> >

>> > Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

>> > .

0
Gord
1/28/2010 8:14:07 PM
The same thing happened with a new workbook.  If I insert a page header in
Print Preview, it shows up only on the first grouped worksheet (although in
this case the worksheet spills over onto two pages and I get a "Page 2").
But if I insert the page header in Print Titles, the page numbers show up on
every grouped worksheet.  Well, it's a bug, but at least I know a workaround
now.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Have you tried the same operation on a new workbook?
>
> Open a new book and group the sheets.
>
> Enter something in A1 and copy down to A100.
>
> Setup the header and preview.
>
> Same thing?
>
> As I stated in first reply............I cannot replicate your problem in
> 2007 so not much help.
>

> Gord
>
> On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 06:36:02 -0800, Stratuser
> <Stratuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Yes, I did a print preview with the grouped sheets, and no page except the
> >first page had a header.  So that put me in the position of having to do an
> >individual header for each of 15 worksheets (Page 1, Page 2, ...Page 15),
> >which I don't want to do.
> >
> >"Gord Dibben" wrote:
> >
> >> I cannot replicate your problem with 2007.
> >>
> >> Grouped sheets behave exactly as 2003 did.
> >>
> >> After grouping and adding a header of  Page 1 did you do a print preview
> >> with the grouped sheets?
> >>
> >> Only Page 1 was showing?   None of the other pages had a header?
> >>

> >> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

> >> .
> >>

> .

Trying to find out which numbers occure most often
I�m giving exams to students and want to see if the students are missin the same questions in every class. I have a simple spreadsheet tha has me enter the question number into the column each time a questio is missed. The MODE function can tell me which number is occurrin most often. However, I need to see if there is any other numbers tha are occurring often as well. Is there a command that will allow me to look at the second mos entered number? For example, if I have 5,3,3,2,3,4,3,4,1,3,4, my mod would be 3 as that�s the number that repeats the most. However, happens 3 times and that...

Error number: 0x800ccc0e
Why am I getting this right after installing Outlook 2000? It was a gift. I have had no success trying to get info from the knowledge base. Nothing has changed except installing Office 2000. I configured everything just as I had previous. Going back to Outlook Express I get the same error. What is going on? Same story here. And I would love to just be able to go back to OE at this point. Darla >-----Original Message----- >Why am I getting this right after installing Outlook 2000? >It was a gift. I have had no success trying to get info >from the knowledge base. Nothing ...

Excel 2007

worksheet tabs 01-06-10
Hi In the 2003 excel-- Is there a way to have the worksheet tabs automatically go in alphabetical order-- or do you have to do in manually? -- Thank-you! Ruth Ruth, Use this code: Sub ArrangeSheetsInOrder() Dim iCount As Integer Application.ScreenUpdating = False iCount = Sheets.Count For i = 1 To iCount - 1 For j = i + 1 To iCount If Sheets(j).Name < Sheets(i).Name Then Sheets(j).Move Before:=Sheets(i) End If Next j Next i End Sub "Ruth" wrote: > Hi > > In the 2003 excel-- Is there a way to have the worksheet tabs automatically ...

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Inserting form values into a table

Counting number of X's in a column

Opening Excel Workbooks

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

help with simple maths in excel

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Grammar check not working

how do i change colour of scroll bar in worksheet
I find it very difficult to see the scroll bar in my excel workshhet as they are white, can they be changed to a colour and if so how ? Are the scrollbars white in other applications? In win98, I could change some display settings, but I couldn't change the scrollbar colors. But if the scrollbars aren't white in other applications, then this can't be the solution. Jayne wrote: > > I find it very difficult to see the scroll bar in my excel workshhet as they > are white, can they be changed to a colour and if so how ? -- Dave Peterson In word they are, but not on a...