insert nd delete row in protect sheet

hi,
I wants 2 combo box button like insert nd delet row in protect sheet 2003.
when user select any row nd press insert button row will automatically insert
with formula and same as delete button. pls tell me what micro or code i m
using. pls help me urgent.
rks

Deleting Non-Duplicate Rows
Have done tihs is the past, but can't remember how: Have a sheet with 9500+ rows. Column C contains a storage bin number. Want to delete all rows that DO NOT have a duplicate (trying to resolve items that have a duplicate bin number.) Have sorted the sheet on Column C. THX. . . -- BillW ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BillW's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27516 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470299 You could use a helper column of formulas: =countif(c:c,c1)...

Is there a way to empty the Deleted Items folder by date?
Is there a way to get Outlook to delete items in the Deleted Items folder that have been in there for some period of time (1 week, 1 month, ???)? I know there is a Tools option to empty it on exit, but I sometimes want to recover a file a few days later. FivePoundBag wrote: > Is there a way to get Outlook to delete items in the Deleted Items > folder that have been in there for some period of time (1 week, 1 > month, ???)? > > I know there is a Tools option to empty it on exit, but I sometimes > want to recover a file a few days later. Use AutoArchive. Enable the global...

Autofit Row Height #3
Hello, I have a column on sheet 1 that is set to wrap text so that the row height increases and decreases as more text is entered into the cell. This works fine. Users enter a number on sheet two where there is a lookup function that returns the appropriate text from sheet 1. The problem is that when the text is returned by the function, the row height does not adjust to fully display all of the text in the cell. Is there a way of automating this? Any help would be appreciated. -- Thanks, MarkN ...

How to delete user mailbox
Since I no longer have 5.5 installed (up'd to 2K) I had a friend ask how to delete a user mailbox and cannot for the life of me remember the interface for 5.5 and how to do that. Can someone give me the step by step to delete a mailbox cleanly? Thx select the mailbox in the Exchange Admin program and hit the delete key... "aaa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1380c01c44417$2d87fd40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Since I no longer have 5.5 installed (up'd to 2K) I had a > friend ask how to delete a user mailbox and cannot for > the lif...

Password protect
How do I password protect a shared excel book so that people have read only access but so thta I can have write access? This should work. 1. In your shared workbook, hit F12 to bring up the 'Save As' dialog box. 2. Click Tools>General Options 3. Enter a password to modify the file. 4. Don't share the password. HTH, JP On Jan 8, 11:51=A0am, GeoSte <Geo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I password protect a shared excel book so that people have read onl= y > access but so thta I can have write access? ...

Sheet to close
Why won't this work? oldjayo Sub test() Dim wsShtToSave As Worksheet Set wsShtToSave = ActiveSheet If wsShtToSave= "Master" Then ActiveWorkbook.Save ActiveWorkbook.Close End If End Sub Activesheet.name= try this simpler version Sub CloseifMaster() If ActiveSheet.Name = "Master" Then With ActiveWorkbook 'one dot only .Save .Close End With End If End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "oldjay" <oldjay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Compare and Highlight Rows
I have an excel file with two worksheets. is there a way to programatically compare the two worksheets to find matches and highlight those matches on each worksheet. They both have the same columns. I want to compare the InspectionID column. The Inspection ID column may have duplicates in both of the worksheets. I have never done anything in excel above the beginner level. However, I am a very skilled VBA programmer (programmed in ACCESS for over 10 years). Thank you You may find it easier to use Conditional formatting instead: For instance, with Sheet1 column A selected, and cel...

can't delete dupicate appointments, message object is not valid
I just instaled Office XP, on to Windows 7. I then updated all of my contact details from my Windows PDA to outlook. I now have duplicate entries for birthdays, aniversaries etc........... The contacts that the birthdays, aniversaries belong to, have not been created as contacts, when i try to recreate the contact details my system tells me that they are all ready there but are not shown. & when try to detect & repair the instal the same thing happens again. Outlook 2002 and Windows 7? That is not supported and buggy - its hard to say how much of the problems are beca...

Outlook not removing deleted messages from server
I have a gmail account and Outlook 2007 is configured to leave the messages on the POP3 server, but to remove the messages from the server when deleted from the "deleted items" folder. So, I downloaded all of my email (approx 17,000 messages), deleted some messages I don't want any more and emptied the "deleted items" folder, but the messages are not removed from the server. I've tried it several times in several different ways, always with the same result. I can delete the local copy on my PC, but the server copy is never removed. "sparx&qu...

inserting
How do you insert more than one row at a time? Hi just select some rows before inserting rows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "aSussertown" <DROPsussertown@adelphia.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:roednbCg9PBJpA_cRVn-tg@adelphia.com... > How do you insert more than one row at a time? > > Select as many rows as you wish to insert by clicking on the row number and dragging down. It doesn't matter if the rows have data or not. XL will count the selection and insert that number of rows, starting at the row number you first clicked on. -- HTH, RD =...

Delete Emails Older Than X Days
Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition to delete any emails in a mailbox (not just in the Deleted Items folder, but also in any other folder) if it's older than X days. My company would like to implement a policy where we delete all emails older than 90 days, and individuals are responsible for archiving their emails if they want to keep them for longer than that. Thanks, Tom On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:45:04 -0700, Equilar Tech <techinfo@equilar.com.(donotspam)> wrote: >Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Serv...

Protection Problem #3
I have a 3 sheet excel file with protection on all 3 sheets (let's call them A, B and C). These 3 pages have formulas that link to each other. Sheet A has a few checkboxes that link to sheet C. The problem is that when I try to check any of the check boxes on sheet A an error box pops up that says "The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and therefore read only". Is there a way to protect a sheet while being able to check a box off that is linked to another sheet? What protection options would allow me to do this? Thanks in advance. Dave -- Dave123 ----------...

Delete embedded chart, how?
I have 2, (Gnatt), charts on the wrksht. How do I del one? -- Boswell Select the chart, hit the delete button. -- David Biddulph "Boswell" <boswell6@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:C439A52B-E430-4B40-95DB-1563E22939AF@microsoft.com... >I have 2, (Gnatt), charts on the wrksht. How do I del one? > -- > Boswell ...

How to make Unique coloumn in Excel sheet ?
I want to make one coloumn in excel sheet as unique, so no entry is repeated in that particular column. See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal07.html on this. HTH. Best wishes Harald "V JHANJI" <V JHANJI@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:5D9465E8-EE69-4D59-8BD7-B0115D09145C@microsoft.com... > I want to make one coloumn in excel sheet as unique, so no entry is repeated > in that particular column. Hi check out http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm for detailed instructions on how to do this. Cheers JulieD "V JHANJI" <V JHANJI...

how to mark emails in deleted items as read automatically???
Hi How to mark emails in deleted items as read automatically??? Now i've to right click en choose 'mark as read'. If looked in rules, but one can not make a rule on the map 'deleted items' . Or am I wrong. Peter Peter, I think that you can go to options and st teh setting there. If I can remember right the option is "mark all deleted items as read". I don't know the version of Outlook you are woking in but it should be there. Hoop jy kom reg!! Marais van Zyl >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >How to mark emails in deleted items as read...

Detailed Time Sheet (overtime, comp time, vacation used)
I need to track in time, out time, in time, out time, overtime, vacation totals (received/used), comp received, comp used, and so. I would recommend to write all the headers on row 1, and start entering the data on row 2. Any column that is a calculation, enter a formula (for example, if column E is the difference of column D and C, enter "=D2-C2") and format the cells as you want the data to be presented (date/time, number, etc.) Hope this helps, Miguel. "Robert D. Sandersfeld" wrote: > I need to track in time, out time, in time, out time, overtime, vacation ...

create price list from excel sheet
I have been using Excel 2003 to manage a list of approximately 200 items. This is a very simple list comprising of four or five fields one of which is the price. I prefer to use Excel to manage this data because it then becomes very simple for me to use formulas in order to calculate prices after changes or additions to the items. I would like to produce a simple A5 flyer listing all the items together with their prices. What will be the best way to do this? I have explored the possibility of exporting the Excel sheet into something like Microsoft publisher but I am looking for a fa...

Anyone Else Use Database Query to Query Another Sheet in the Same Excel Workbook?
Wow! I tried this out, and it seems to work beautifully. It's odd, though, that I haven't seen this technique mentioned in any of the several Excel references that I've looked at. Basically, I have a workbook with several worksheets...one worksheet contains a large list with all the records. I wanted to set up the other worksheets to have certain functions...I wanted them to use only certain columns from the main list, and to contain only certain records from the main list that met specified conditions. This is the best solution I have found so far - i.e., creating database q...

failed recipient, trying to delete address exchange 2003
I get this error when trying to delete an invalid email for a recipient in Exchange. I saw no postings for this error on the net! "this is the home email-address for this recipient, it cannot be removed." ID # c10312e8. I have another address that I have made primary. But still cannot delete this one. Try manually updating the Recipient Update Service on ESM or wait for replication to occur. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "media" <timisme@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1161757808.425153.274250@f16g2000cwb.g...

Password Protect a Workbook
I have a workbook that has 5 different worksheets. This workbook is saved everyday with a new date behind the name to reflect the current date data. I need to password protect the entire workbook so that it holds for each time it is saved. How do I do this? When I go to file->saveas- ..Tools-> and assign a password it works for that workbook, but when I resave the workbook with a new name, I have to reset it all. Can I automate this somehow or is there a different way to do what I am trying to do. I only want the password there so admin's can make changes. I want eve...

Overwriting a cell with a formula without deleting the formula
Hello. I am creating an Expense Report worksheet and have created a simple formula that will calculate mileage based on total miles. Below is my worksheet data. A B C D 1 Expense Type Acct. Code Total Miles Amount 2 Airfare 11111 $250.00 3 Mileage 22222 20 $10.00 I am trying to figure out a way to create a conditional formula so that IF Expense...

conditional formating: ifs and highlighting rows
my spreadsheet documents error incidents, with each row showing the date the incident was discovered (column A) and the date it was resolved (column I). it also calculates networkdays (column J) -- unless column I=0 -- and references an array of holiday dates on another sheet. i would like to create a conditional format that will identify rows with an incident, but no resolution date, then highlight the row and possibly even show "unresolved" in column J cell of that row. Thanks! Well, you have to decide which way you want to go with this. If you leave column J ...

How do I find duplicate rows in a list in Excel, and not delete it
I have a long list of data in Excel that is 3 columns wide. I need to find and save only the duplicate rows but don't want to delete them. Instead, I could delete the unique rows and keep the duplicate rows. In the customer assistance, I found out how to delete duplicate rows and save the unique rows, but this is exactly opposite of what I want to do. This is one option: =COUNTIF($A$4:$A$18,A4)>1 copy down, and use a Autofilter to find all True HTH Ola Sandstr´┐Żm Picture encl.: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3498&stc=1 +---------------------------...

how to delete everything??
How can I delete everything except site id, item number, vendor, account number? I want to delete all my current transaction, history transaction, all General Ledger, all financial statements. It's like I set up a new data for a new company. You might consider taking screenshots of your setup windows and exporting your master files then reinstall your company database, enter the setup information, and integrate your master files with Integration Manager. You can also go File>Maintenance>Clear Data and clear the data selectively. Make sure you run Checklinks and Reconcile af...

deleting duplicate cells
I am back again... Thanks to everyone's help here last time, I was able to finish all my work and do it correctly. Ken- I asked last time i was here about deleting duplicate cells. Some of the names(address, etc) are repeated in my sheet. I want to delete the extra cell of the people who are in here twice. Not jus the cell but their record, name, address, city, state zip when they are in their twice so that they will only be listed once. You told me how to do this once but i cant find where it is on the board. Thanks for all the help.... BR4 -----------------------------------------...