Insert file name in header without showing extension

I know how to get the filename into a header/footer. Is there any way to get
the filename in the header/footer WITHOUT showing the filename extension?

1) Click on 'My Computer' > 'Tools' > 'Folder Options...' > View tab and
check the option "Hide extensions for known files".
OR:
2) If you don't want to change the way your computer displays file names -
make use of a Macro:
Sub Header_FileName_No_Extension()
     On Error Resume Next
     LFN = InStrRev(ActiveWorkbook.Name, ".")
     FN = Left(ActiveWorkbook.Name, LFN - 1)
     ActiveSheet.PageSetup.CenterHeader = FN
End Sub
----------------------
Micky

"Cynergy" wrote:

> I know how to get the filename into a header/footer. Is there any way to get
> the filename in the header/footer WITHOUT showing the filename extension?

Import of kontact name from Outlook
When I will import a name to write an envalope from small office I only get the personal name, not the business name and the postnumber is in false line. And by searching and cant open more columns. Are there somebody who knows. Ulf in Sweden See the "Changing Address Layout" item at http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/insword.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Ulf Sellerström" <Ul...

How to create dialog window without using the resource
Hi group How to create dialog window without using the resource ? -- Regards http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;155257 Dialog Templates in Memory ...

lookup in one sheet and insert in second if not found
I have created a workbook with two sheets in it. I enter all my order in sheet one and the sheet two totals them. The column on my sheets ar as follow�. Sheet one STYLE SMALL MEDIUM LARGE 100 1 1 1 101 1 1 1 100 1 1 1 102 Sheet two STYLE SMALL MEDIUM LARGE 100 2 2 2 101 1 1 1 I have used the SUMIF command in the second sheet, which is correct Therefore my totals are correct. The only problem I am having is thi ��.that I have to enter the style numbers in the second sheet as well. What I want to do is, to have some kind...

Without TO in the Microsoft Outlook 2003, No TO
I have a problem with Microsoft Outlook 2003 SP1, I will try to explain, during the last month when I send a mensangem no problem in sending, but, when I go to in the Sent Itens not appear the TO I open the messagem is without the TO, is very stranger. Sometimes when I insert an e-mail in the CC other person receives with as BCC Have you seem this problem? Do you know some solutions? Thanks, Eduardo Pereira Try posting in a group for your native language. Your post makes no sense in the US English Outlook group. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to k...

Primission / resticted access to files using the MS server
I wish I have NEVER deciced to use this facility!!!@ I should have kept to paper and pin.. This word file is totally useless to me now. I have been using the tool facilty sucessfully for years but now it won't let me get to my own files.., I think you can tell what I think about this product. Hello Ron Ron wrote: > I wish I have NEVER deciced to use this facility!!!@ I should have kept to > paper and pin.. This word file is totally useless to me now. I have been > using the tool facilty sucessfully for years but now it won't let me get to > my own fi...

How do I insert a clip art picture into a text box in word 2003
Trying to insert a picture into a text box in Word 2003 with very little success. Using Word as some students in the community do not have access to Publisher. Trying to create 4 invitations to a page. Want to use a text box to include text and graphics and then copy and paste four times. Help. Hi Lindas you'ld be better of posting to microsoft.public.word.newusers rather than an excel newsgroup personally, i would use a 2x2 (or 1x4) table in word for this rather than text boxes. Cheers JulieD "Lindas" <Lindas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Incorrect SSL certificate server name
I'm running SBS 2003. Certain operations inside Exchange System Manager give me a dialkog that says: The SSL certificate server name is incorrect. ID n0o: c103b404 Exchange System Manager I found a KB article that says the certificate 'doesn't match the common name of the server'. The common name on the certificate is the public DNS of the server. I am running a number of services on this IIS Web Site that need to remain secured, some of which (like OWA) should be accessible from the public area. I have set the site to only allow SSL connections and added the certificate...

Show/Hide series
Hi, I have 7 data series in a column style chart. I would like to know if there is a way to toggel each individual series on or off (hide or make visable) similar to a pivot chart. I'm trying to print each series individually and it's a pain to have to go and change the properties of the series every time I want to hide one and view another. Thanks I'm using Excel 2003. Thanks "Matt H" wrote: > Hi, > I have 7 data series in a column style chart. I would like to know if there > is a way to toggel each individual series on or off (hide or make visable) ...

File is not in a recognizable format.
Everytime I open Excel 2000, I get "This file is not in a recognizable format". I wonder if I have a corrupt default file. I tried to replace book.xlt with a newly saved book.xlt, it didn't help. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks, Liz Sounds like you have a file in your XLSTART directory that doesn't belong there. Use Windows' Find to locate the directory. If the rogue file isn't obvious, move all files out of that directory, then move them back one at a time, restarting Excel and quitting each time, to see which one is causing the problem. On Wed, 22 Sep 2...

Single Click Files
Realized that I can no longer single click to open files. Found at Folder Options the single click radio button is grayed-out now. Can this be changed? ...

Money 2002 Investment account Total does not show
Hi and first Thanks for helping. I set up two new investment accounts for two different brokers. The first account is Ok with all transactions and totals showing correctly. The second account is setup the same as the first and I have gone over and over the set up. All the tranactions show for each of the indidvidual mutual funds entered. The totals are displayed on each account. The problem comes when I go to the accounts to use page and the first account I set up shows the total and the second account does not. Why does this total not show? In microsoft.public.money, Jack wrote: &...

"Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is dimmed
We are running Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2003. A user recently got married and her AD account was updated to reflect the name change. Since that time, she is no longer able to browse a public contact folder she had previously marked to show as an e-mail address book. She can view it and browse it via Outlook directly with no trouble, but cannot access it via the address book. The option to "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is grayed out, preventing her from re-enabling this much-needed feature, and I can't figure out why. I verified her membership in the secu...

can I forward mail without opening/viewing?
I know that sounds like a weird question, but my ISP invites users to forward spam to a special mailboxes in their never-ending (heh) effort to reduce the flow of the junk. With Outlook, I cannot figure out how to forward a message without its opening up for viewing. This is exactly what I don't want to do, because if it's html I really don't want to validate my email address. TIA Jason -- reverse my name in email address Jason, What you would have to do is create "rules" to do this, which you can set Outlook to if it receives a certain criteria, it can say FWD ...

Changing the user password without the use of SA or DYNSA accounts
Is there any way to save a user password in GP v10 without the use of the SA or DYNSA login? I would like to grant security to one user to do this. Currently the save button is greyed out unless they log in as SA or DYNSA. Thank you You can do this by granting that user sysadmin rights in SQL management Studio. In SMS, expand the Security folder, then logins, then find that user, right click the user, go to properties, click server roles and check the box for sysadmin. "Junior De Alba" wrote: > Is there any way to save a user password in GP v10 without the use of the S...

Outlook data file check
Hello, I am using Outlook 2007 on XPSP2. Quite often on startup I get a message the Outlook is doing a file check and performance may be slow. I also often get on computer startup a message requesting me to send an error report to Microsoft that includes a few episodes of Outlook not responding. Any idea what this could be about and how to prevent both? -- Thanks, Bob ...

Slow loading of money files
Upgraded from deluxe 2007 to deluxe 2008 (Money Plus Deluxe). Same file now takes 10-15 minutes to load, and that is if it loads at all. Maxes out both CPUs and freezes up sometimes. Have done both quick and standard repair with "no errors". File size increased by 20 MB after repair. Running on Vista Ultimate x32. Right now I can't use the upgrade in the present state. Fist time in eleven years I've had a "real difficult" problem using Money. Any suggestions? What changed behind the scenes to cause this? In microsoft.public.money, wolschon1 wrote: >...

Refresh of links in shared file.
I have created a shared file that has a production schedule. It has links to another non-shared file so that I can use/refresh a query to pull production information from a database and put it into pivot tables. I have a vlookup to find the totals of the part in the pivot table. When I have the schedule file shared and open and I have the "update file" open and then update the query everything in my shared document updates. I save changes. The problem is others cannot see these changes by saving (it works if I type numbers instead of using a link to the update file...

How to Delete fb_540.lck or Any LCK files?
WinXP user here. Trying to clear my temp files however cannot delete files with .lck extension. Says being used by another person or program. Seems these files are accumulating and can't be deleted. TIA shaka For good reason they are locked files! They are usually critical databases that programs will LOCK when in use so they don't get corrupt There are Many Programs that use this Extension http://www.file-extensions.org/lck-file-extension Depending on where you find them would be a good clue on what program is using them. If they are "GROWING" in a d...

Difference between an excel worksheet and XLXS file
I'm a beginner in the world of computer and ms office. On my computer I using Office2007. In excel Icreate a file and saved it as .XLXS file. For the correctons of this file I send to my friend,by using a flash disk. My friend is using Office2003. My file is not oppen on my friend's computer.Why? "Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CE55079-436D-411F-BA7B-9C122AB3CFB2@microsoft.com... > I'm a beginner in the world of computer and ms office. On my computer I > using Office2007. In excel Icreate a file and saved it as .XLXS f...

Inserting pictures in a CHM file
With the HTML Help Workshop from MS, I'm trying to add pictures to some of my pages with mixed results. Small pictures seem to work ok but larger ones (>500 kb) don't. After compiling the help file, the frame is present with no picture. Can anyone help? Best regards, Fred Fred, > With the HTML Help Workshop from MS, I'm trying to add pictures to some of > my pages with mixed results. Small pictures seem to work ok but larger ones > (>500 kb) don't. After compiling the help file, the frame is present with > no picture. What tool are you using to ...

Vodafone MMS emails not showing pictures outlook 2002
If anyone could help me out here I would be very grateful. I have windows xp and outlook xp (2002) I have service pack 1 installed. Whenever I send an email from a mobile phone using MMS and attaching a picture (handset does not make a difference), the receiver gets the email but the picture is not visible. The pictures are always JPG and if I go to save attachment it knows they are there and lets me save them. If I go to properties after opening the email, it tells me that there are x attachments correctly. I cannot see them in the body of the email. They do not show up on the header bar...

close form without required field msg box
How can I close a form with required fields without the msg box popping up to enter required fields. I do not want the user to have to hit the escape button. I want the form to close without msgs. -- deb Deb How will Access "know" when it is OK to NOT require fields, or when it MUST require fields? Maybe you don't need required fields? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "deb" <deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B1C0EF3-7A2F-402E-AA5B-2FABB9EA73D9@microsoft.com... > > How can I close a form with required fields wit...

transfer OE files from Win2k to XP
I'm going to help my dad install XP on his existing machine. It's going to be a clean install so we're overwriting his 2000 installation completely. He's already backed up everything from the machine that he wants to keep. But it occurred to me that OE could be a problem. He's still using OE for email despite my efforts to get him away from it. I know how to transfer the files from one installation to another (email files and address book). But I recall doing something like this some years ago and ran into a problem. I just don't remember if it's the s...

Download file from another server
Hi , I am working on C# in Asp.net 2.0 . I have to downlaod file from another server . If i wirte Server.mappath("") It gives me local path. I want to access that server from my application server to get that file. please help me. Thanks, Hemant "Hemant" <Hemant@nomail.com> wrote in message news:#dfMx#0yKHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I am working on C# in ASP.NET 2.0. > I have to downlaod file from another server. OK. > If I write Server.mappath("") It gives me local path. Yes, it would. > I want to a...

Inserting Flash Objects Into Emails
Our company is using Exchange Server 5.5 + Microsoft Outlook XP for emailing. Lately we have decided in creating an HTML email with a flash document in it to be sent as a promotion email for our activities. But we are unable to find a way to insert the flash document we have created into the email and allow the user to view it as a normal object in a web page. Can anyone help on this? Many thanks in advance. ...