Insert comments default font setting

How do you change the default font setting for Comments
that are inserted into a cell?
0
anonymous (74722)

You can change the default font size:

   Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties
   On the Appearance tab, click Advanced.
   From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip
   Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK

or use a macro to insert a comment with specific formatting:

   http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Formatted

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
2/27/2004 12:28:10 AM
Jerry

Individually you can right-click and Format Comment.

If you mean have a global default font-size change, this must be done through
Windows>Display>Appearance.  Reset the Font size on "Tool Tips"

Note: this will affect the size and look of all Tool Tips.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:52:02 -0800, "Jerry"

>How do you change the default font setting for Comments
>that are inserted into a cell?

0
Gord

Visio 2007
The themes in Visio 2007 only allow for the setting of the theme font, NOT the font size or style (bold, italic, etc.). So the question is, when I start a Visio diagram how can I ensure that the starting font size is 12 and not 8 pt, bold and not regular. It appears that there is no way to do this, other than perhaps changing registry values. BTW: I use Visio on both XP and Vista. Peregrine Go to the menu bar > Format > Define Styles. The menu allows you to define a custom style which includes font face, size, etc. HTH Wapperdude "Peregrine Maitland" wrote: > T...

Where are permissions set for Mailboxes and Public folders in 5.5?
Exchange 5.5 running on NT4 SP6 We have installed Veritas Backup Exec Remote Agent. Exchange is allowing it to backup everything except the actual Private Mailboxes and Public Folders. I'm being denied access to those two folders. I have tried all 3 logons that are listed as 'Service Account Admins' and no luck. I'm told that "The logon account xxxxxx failed to access server_name\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes." Access is denied. This is an old exchange server set up by my predecessor and I'm not that familiar with it. Is there somewhere that special permiss...

Comments on Manual Calculation on certain sheets.
I have a sheet in a workbook with array functions that slows down performance with calculation on automatic (which I need for the other sheets). Would it not have been useful to be able to set a single sheet to Manual and update when needed in the same way Pivot Tables work? One way to work around this is to save the Array Formula sheet in another workbook. I have browsed some of the posts on Excel's way of handling Automatic/Manual recalculation and it seems as if there is room for improvement or are there important reasons that I am not aware of? Any comments. Laurence Lombard Hi ...

Set up a script for a live performance with a cue call sheet
How do I set up a single one-sided sheet to follow a live performance script and be able to write stand-by notes and cues in a column beside the script with a timecode format ...

XslTransform not excluding default namespace despite exclude-result-prefixes attribute?
I'm writing an xslt in vs.net 2003 and in order to get intellisense on the html content I added the default namespace declaration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5". However, even though I also have exclude-result-prefixes="#default" declared the default namespace is still outputted on the resulting document. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5" xmlns:...

Changing font size in data validation drop-down lists
In Excel 2003, I created the value list on a separate worksheet and labled the range so I could use it in the data validation wizard on a different worksheet. The list is working fine; however, the font size in the drop-down list is too small to comfortably read. So far, I have tried: Making the font in the list larger. Formatting larger font size in the active cell with the drop-down button And, creating the list on the same worksheet. All three remedies have not increased the size of the font in the drop-down list. Suggestions are welcome. Great Optimism, Dutch Driver There is n...

Problem Inserting Images
Whenever I use Word or Powerpoint 2007, and I insert either a jpg or png, I get a line around the top and left side of my images. Like a border. This line sometimes prints, but it shows up online. It mostly happens after I will save the file or move throughout the document. I have no borders, no bevelled edges etc. I can't understand why this keeps happening? are you inserting the pictures into a placeholder on the slide? (where it says "click to add text.") If there's an empty one on the slide, the picture will insert into it automatically. As a test, inse...

automatically sending messages at set times??
Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a specified time?? ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P "Adam Membrey" <membreya@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O$2Z4y0zEHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a > specified time?? > > ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P Sure if you are willing to write code but chances are it would be easier to do from the command line with one of the email utilities like ...

Set Out of Office (or a rule) to only function on weekends
Hello, I am trying to set up so that every weekend my internal e-mail gets forwarded to my home(smartphone) account. I can only find options to run a rule or out of office assistant to run for specific date ranges. How do I set up either a rule or the out of office assistant to 'push' mail to me only on weekends? HCA.CWT.RN wrote on Fri, 02 April 2010 09:04 > Hello, I am trying to set up so that every weekend my internal e-mail gets > forwarded to my home(smartphone) account. I can only find options to run a > rule or out of office assistant to run for spec...

How do i give each email account i set up its own inbox etc?
i can create different accounts but when i send/recieve all the mail from different accouts goes to the same inbox...not good... About the best you can do is create an inbox rule that moves messages based on the account it was received with. "joejnknsn" <joejnknsn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E487FD01-2110-4BEC-930B-10590F05E885@microsoft.com... >i can create different accounts but when i send/recieve all the mail from > different accouts goes to the same inbox...not good... ...

Configure incoming e-mail settings (Windows SharePoiint Services 3
Good day Everybody ! I have installed Win2K3 SP1, Project Server 2K7 with WSS 3.0, SQL Server 2005 SP1. I want to set up Incoming e-mail setting with combination of SMTP server and WSS 3.0 as I do not have MS Exchange Server installed. I created a new Org Unit as sharepoint with apprpriate permissions as per TechNet step-by-step procedure. I have not created a Contact in this OU. I have entered the following information regarding the Incoming e-mail settings : Enable sites on this server to receive e-mail - YES Settings Mode - Automatic Use the SharePoint Directory Management ...

Cant see Default Public Folders on New 2003 Exchange
Hi We have recently installed a new W2003 Exchange 2003 server into our domain. The domain already had an Exchange 2000 server installed. The default public folders on the Exchange 2000 machine can be seen under ESM and by Outlook clients. We have created an additional new public folder store on the new 2003 server, however, the default Public folders on the new 2003 server cant be seen by mapi clients ie Outlook. Additionally any folder created under the Public Folder tree on the 2003 server under Folders does not appear under the First Storage Group > Public Folder Store > Public Fol...

Fonts do not print in colur used when document created.
When I create a document in either Word ot Publisher the text is not always printed in the colour selected. This problem seems particular to Red & Blue. can any one help please. Peeter Have you tried some maintenance on your printer? Are you saving as a PDF? This problem has been reported using Microsoft's save as add-in. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Peter Piper" <PeterPiper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76737C66-2B07-42DF-BFC5-828A14CE135F@microsoft.com... > When I create a document in either Word ot Publisher t...

How do I make a column be my default column in Access
I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right not it defaults to my items field. me.controlname.setfocus or in macro GoToControl "controlname" Bonnie http://www.dataplus-svc.com michelle wrote: >I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right >not it defaults to my items field. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200912/1 Or, if you don't want to use events, simply set your tab order from the form design view. -- Frank H R...

how to insert a item when ListCtrl is in "Icon" mode
I create a ListCtrl with "Icon" mode,but I found I can't use the "InsertItem()" to insert a item in a specfied position,the new item is always at the bottom of list,but I want insert some items before a specified position,so how to do it? "pango" <pango99@tom.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:0a1101c3d919$a04cbfa0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I create a ListCtrl with "Icon" mode,but I found I can't > use the "InsertItem()" to insert a item in a specfied > position,the new item is always at the bottom of list,but > I want i...

Need to insert a picture using a function
I would like to know if it is possible to insert a picture (.jpg) using a function. I have a simple quote sheet setup for my customers and would like to insert a picture of the product next to the quote information. Is it possible to insert a picture based on what i enter as my product number?? I know this is a vague question, sorry. Someone help please!!! Try this link for a possible solution:- http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 -------------...

cant set up a rule
i have a hot mail account but i am how using offine outlook and wanted to set up a rule it wont let me because message sent and received using http e-mail accounts can not be filtered using outlook rune all i want to do is send a reply e-mail as my template As you've mentioned rules don't work at all on HTTP mail accounts. Doesn't matter what action you're trying to take on the items "julie fun fitness" <juliefunfitness@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9AA672B-A499-4438-A6C5-E3E363B5FBF2@microsoft.com... >i have a hot mail accoun...

lost all emails, computer went back to default...help
i turned on my computer one morning and it was back to factory settings. had to redo my outlook account and lost all emails. is there a way to recover them? On 13/03/2010 01:20, stephanieann wrote: > i turned on my computer one morning and it was back to factory settings. had > to redo my outlook account and lost all emails. > > is there a way to recover them? Do a search for *.pst files. On 3/12/2010 5:20 PM, stephanieann wrote: > i turned on my computer one morning and it was back to factory settings. had > to redo my outlook account and lost all emai...

Setting Primary Contact Should be Easier
SUGGESTION: Setting a primary contact inside an account should be a lot easier than it is. Here are some ideas: 1) A user should be able to right click one of the contacts in the list of contacts FOR THAT ACCOUNT and choose from a menu to make them the Primary Contact. 2) Have an option inside the contact window to make them the primary contact for the associated account. 3) At minimum, you should have the form assistant ONLY show contacts associated with that account . . . or when you do a lookup for the primary contact field, it ONLY shows contacts for that account. This is just...

How do i insert symbol in custom footer
I'm working on Excell 2003 I've been asked to create a custom footer in the left column i have to insert Copyright © 2003. I can't figure out how on earth to insert the symbol if anybody out ther knows could you please let me know Thanks Den one way is to use Insert | Symbol and select the � character and copy it before you go to View | Header and Footer. Then just use Ctrl-V to paste it in the Footer Regards Trevor "Den" <Den@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3AEFB2C-FBF9-4395-95A1-6ECDD7415DAA@microsoft.com... > I'm wor...

It auto changes font size on e-mail entries, WHY?
We have a document set up in Excel (version 2000) and when I type in a e-mail address in the contact info area of the document, it automatically decreases the font to a 6 instead of a 16 like the rest of the page. I have tried formatting this cell, and simply saving it as that size on the blank document, but nothing is working. Please help. You can change the format for the Hyperlink style. Format|Style|Style Name: Hyperlink and click modify to change it to what you want. Styles live in the workbook. So changing the hyperlink style in this workbook won't affect any other workboo...

Excel Comments
How do I change the default position for a Comment. The comment box can be moved around in the spreadsheet. To change size, etc., select and right click the comment box, choose Format Comment. "Paul" wrote: > How do I change the default position for a Comment. ...

display comments
Is there a way I can get the comments on a spreadsheet to appear only when you click on the indicator instead of when you roll over the cell? No there isn't. You can only turn off the comment indicator display under Tools, Options, View but then you have no built-in visual way to know which cells have comments. Nor any way to see the comment other than pressing Shift-F2 when you select a cell you know has a comment. -- Jim "jlschott2" <jlschott2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10BA2B46-1A35-49F3-AD60-DB1903F467CE@microsoft.com... | Is there a way ...

Comment position after filter
Hi everybody - I have some comments in my Excel 2000 spreadsheet. When I filter the spreadsheet, the comments do not change position with the cells and end up far from them? Is there any way I can work around this, eg. by specifying an event in VB? Thanks, Cassie. -- cassie You need to be clearer. I'm assuming that you are referring to the 'Comment' object that can be added to a cell. Cells do not change position when you filter. They are hidden and unhidden but cell 'H7' (for example) will stay 'H7' whether it is a part of your filter or not. The com...

Default value in Lookup field (pricelist)
I know it's possible to set a default value for a lookup field. I know it has to be done with Javascript and I know I have to use the OnLoad even of the concerning form. But I can't find the Javascript-code I have to use... I found this: var lookupItem = new Array; lookupItem = crmForm.all.pricelevelid.DataValue(); // If there is data in the field, show it in a series of alerts if (lookupItem[0] != null) { // The text value of the lookup alert(lookupItem[0].name); // The entity type name alert(lookupItem[0].typename); // The GUID of the lookup alert(lookupIte...