Insert columns in protected worksheet?

Hi, Does anyone know how to insert new columns into a password protected
worksheet?  Thank you!!
0
Rich (271)

activesheet.unprotect "YourPassword"
Activesheet.rows(12).entrirerow.insert
Activesheet.protect "Password"

HT

--
CBrin

CBrine's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1470
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26334

insert subitem into a listctrl
i am using LV_ITEM to insert item into a listctrl. i am able to insert the item but i am UNABLE to do d same for the subitems.i have 3 columns. this is d method tht i am trying. Code given below: strFile=&(pRem->strFileName ); strSize=&strAttr[2]; LV_ITEM lvi; lvi.mask = LVIF_TEXT | LVIF_IMAGE | LVIF_PARAM | LVIF_STATE; lvi.state = 0; lvi.iItem = 0; lvi.iSubItem = 0; lvi.pszText=strFile->GetBuffer(); lvi.lParam = (LPARAM) pRem; ...

Insert Column 2007
aHello I have recently installed Access 2007. When I'm in the Design View of any query the icon to Insert Column is greyed out and unavailable. I have closed the query, the datebase and restarted the PC, Access and checked different queries, different databases and the problem persists. Any ideas? Judith Try to mark a column & Hit Insert Pieter "JudithJubilee" <JudithJubilee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A44F079-25D2-4B1A-9AD2-89F76BEDCD30@microsoft.com... > aHello > > I have recently installed Access 2007. When I'm in the Desi...

rearrange the data in columns by dates?
How do I rearrange data by dates in reverse order? Example: I'd like to change the order to 3/21/2010, 3/22/2010, 3/23/2010...etc. Current order Column A B C D 3/24/2010 3/23/2010 3/22/2010 3/21/2010 5:00 5:00 5:00 5:00 LSR LSR LSR LSR 82.6 82.8 83 82.3 93.6 80.3 94 88 106.7 100.9 105.2 102.8 108.5 103.6 106.7 105.4 111 107.5 109 109.1 113.6 111.3 111.5 112.8 116.8 115.5 114.4 117.1 121.1 120.7 118.5 122.1 126.9 127.2 123.8 129 135.3 136.4 132 138.8 148.3 150.2 144.8 153.2 165.7 168.3 162.5 171.8 183.3 184.9 177.9 188.5 192....

Viewing Specific Columns at Various Times
I have a spreadsheet that has accounts in Column A and data in some of the rest of the columns. For example Columns B through M are month columns and Column N is Year Total. Then Columns U through AF are Year- to-Date by month and Column AG is Total Year Y-T-D. When reviewing January, I want to see only Columns B, N, O & U and when reviewing February I want to see only Columns C, N, O & V. Is there a way to group these Columns with a simple process? Thank you. John John Check out View>Custom Views. Name one January and the other February. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On 27...

How do I exchanging data between worksheet and worksheet?
I'm trying to move some data from a cell to a totally different page. How do I do that? Hi! Copy and paste works between worksheets. If you want a more permanent connection, use formulae in the secon sheet to "draw down" data from the first. e.g. ='Sheet1'!A2 in a cell on sheet2 will fill that cell with th value in A2 on Sheet1 (You don't need the ' s in this case, but you will if your sheet name have spaces in them. Al -- Alf ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?ac...

column mapping from on sheet to the next
What is the fastest/easiest way to take data from one Excel sheet in columns A, B, C, ...etc. and load it in another sheet in order I, J, A, C, K, G etc (with some columns being left unused as they don't exist in the source sheet). I have ten of those workbooks in order of A, B, C ...etc. and need to bring them (after some column manipulation) into a single new workbook. I am now thinking to copy and paste all ten of those workbooks into one, do the data manipulation (i.e. separating last name and first name etc) and then just cut and paste columns in the needed order. But I was hoping ...

Can I "unlock" just one cell in a protected worksheet?
Is there any way I can unlock just one cell in a protected worksheet without removing the protection from the entire worksheet? I am working on a fairly complex worksheet that has 10-15 data entry cells. The rest of the worksheet contains formulas and informational text. I have the formulas pretty much debugged and working. I am now down to making mostly cosmetic changes to the text and formatting. I have marked all of the data entry cells in a different color to help me keep from overwriting a formula, but it still happens occasionally. I usually catch it right away and can recover with ...

Form
An former employee password protect an Outlook 2000 form. We don't know the password. What can an Administrator do to unlock the password. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/getformpassword.htm for sample code. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Kristina" <Kristina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA6F1D19-65E9-4443-9289-66BBB3A11FE4@microsoft.com... > An former employee password protect an Outl...

How to create combo box on whole column fastly?
Hi: How can I create combo box on one whole column fastly? Please let me know, thanks. Thanks. -- accessman2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ accessman2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27953 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=474563 Here is a fastly code: Dim ListItems As Variant Dim i As Integer ListItems = Range("A1:A1000").Value ListItems = Application.WorksheetFunction.Transpose(ListItems) With CB1 'CB1 Stands for ComboBox1 For i = 1 To UBound(Li...

Excel
I need to create an expense sheet in excel that has the same 'title' (e.g., "transportation", "business lunch", "advertising" read down the left side/columns, and "date", "cost", "vendor" read across the top/rows) information in column A (for example) on each page, for what will be a multi-page document. It seems that this would be resolved in a header-footer capacity, but I am uncertain of the proper procedure, partly because the info is rather complex. Help? See the "File->PageSetup->Sheet" tab. --...

reference to other worksheets in FormulaR1C1
Hi All, I want to create a formula: ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM('01'!RC[-54],'02'!RC[-54],'03'!RC[-54])" where '01', '02', '03' are worksheet names in the same workbook. Recording a macro gives the same reference format to other sheets in the workbook. If I create this formula manually, it works after re-opening the workbook. However, if I create the formula with the line above, Excel interprets the '01'!, '02!', '03!' references as those to other workBOOKS instead of workSHEETS. It informs me that the wo...

How do I automatically save an Excel Worksheet?
Anyone know if there is a way to automatically save an Excell Worksheet say every 5 minutes? I'm not refering to Auto Recovery. I need an actual save. -- Tony Download and install the AutoSafe Add-in by Jan Karel Pieterse: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm (note: Make sure you download AutoSafe.zip, not AutoSaveVBE.zip) In article <21FD75DF-E9A1-4B25-83B3-F8CFC0C5C29A@microsoft.com>, "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Anyone know if there is a way to automatically save an Excell Worksheet say > every 5 minutes? I'm not referin...

multiple columns, each with a forecast line
Hi i'm trying to build a chart that will display actuals (columns) and forecasts (which is a horizontal line about the same width as the column within the column) x-axis - product a, product b, product c y-axis - sales for each column (which denotes a product), I would like to plot a horizontal line to indicate the forecast. The column height indicates actual, and the line height indicates the forecast. any help would be most appreciated thanks K Making a horizontal lines the same width as the columns in the chart could be a task, but this might be a useful workaround. Sample data...

insert rows that retain formulas of rows above
I have made a simple xls cash book that calculates gst, and does split entries for various accounts. Everytime I want to insert new data, I have to insert new rows. These new rows don't adopt the formulas of the above rows. is there a way to insert rows that adopt formulas of the rows they are inserted between? TIA Bruce > I have made a simple xls cash book that calculates gst, > and does split entries for various accounts. I don't know what most of that means. > Everytime I want to insert new data, I have to insert new > rows. Why - don't you just add them a...

Crosstab - column names
Hi, I have a query that looks like this: TRANSFORM mytable.var1,Count(mytable.var2) AS cnt SELECT mytable.var1, count(mytable.var2) AS TOTAL FROM mytable GROUP BY mytable.var1 PIVOT mytable.var2; and my result looks like this: var1 female male 1 30 10 2 40 20 3 50 30 Is there a way I can name the columns to "column1", "column2" and so forth, instead of female and male? Assume there are any number of columns. Thanks in advance, Jenni ...

Summarizing of columns for different days of month
I have an Excel spreadsheet with two columns. Column 1 contains a date e.g. 01 Jan 2005, column 2 contains a number. The rows are organized by date. I can have variable number (rows) of days per month ... but all days are "bunched together" I would like to either create a new sheet where I have the days summarized, in other words I want one row to contain 01Jan2005 with the total of column 2 another row with the total of 02jan2005 etc. I have been trying to figure this one out. Any help would be greatly appreciate it. Thank You! Try SUMIF. For example, let's say your dates...

Problems with Inserting Rows
Morning Everyone In my previous version of Excel I could click on a row and then "Insert copied cells" anywhere on the sheet (as a new row). My problem is that with this version (2003 professional), when I try and re-insert the row, all the formulas have been converted to values. How do I switch back to inserting the row with formulas Many thanks in advanc Ja Inserting a row seems to work the same in Excel 2003 as in earlier versions, but maybe if you lay out the _precise_ steps to duplicate the problem someone can help you. In particular "re-insert the row" is unc...

inserting DateTime in Sql Server
Hi When I insert a DateTime value to a database, and read it back again, it appears that some of the data I wrote is missing. For example, if I insert a DateTime, with a time portion of 16:24:12.421 (that is, 4:24pm and 12.421 seconds), when I read it back I get 4:24pm and 12.420 seconds. It seems there is a millisecond missing. Is this a known "issue", or have I likely something else wrong in my program? Thanks, Peter "Peter K" <pk@alpha-solutions.dk> wrote in message news:%239e3lp3kKHA.5820@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Is this a know...

Unexplained Line on worksheet
I have a file that has colored lines that I did not add nor do I want as part of the file. At first I thought they were graphics that could be removed - not true. If I delete the line on which they seem to be attached, they attach to the line above. They look like a cell border, but there are no borders on any of the cells in question and it appears to start in the middle of a cell. When it runs through a chart, if you click on the chart to make any edits, it come to the foreground and covers the line. But the second you are done with the chart, the line is once again in the foreground. ...

Excell protection
I made a worksheet in excell 2003. There is one group(+)/ungroup(-) button. When I put protection this button is useless. Is there any way to chenge it? i.e. I want to make protection of this worksheet and normal working group(+)/ungroup(-) button. I had the same issue and solved it with a small bit of VBA code that runs when the file opens Sub Auto_Open() Sheets("Sheet Name").Unprotect Password:="password" With Sheets("Sheet Name") .Protect Password:="ou812", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True ...

Change Color of Worksheet Tabs?
Excel 2003. Can I change the colors of the tabs along the bottom with worksheets names on them so they will stand out from one another? Thanks in advance... Bob Yes- Right click on the tab and select tab color. "Bob Newman" wrote: > Excel 2003. Can I change the colors of the tabs along the bottom with > worksheets names on them so they will stand out from one another? > > Thanks in advance... Bob > > > Had a play around found it must have something to do with the " N" (th leading space) If I take out the space it works, has VB not got a $ ...

Creating new worksheet from existing
I would like to create a worksheet with unique values (rows of data, records) only from a worksheet which contains rows with multiple values. There is an identifier at the beginning of each row, I only want to see each identifier 1x in the new table. Help is appreciated. See Chip Pearson's page on working with duplicates and uniques: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "ddpen" <ddpen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5C4D350-1D4D-4EDC-AFCD-AC880A83DF9F@microsoft.com... > I would like to create a worksheet with unique...

comparing two columns
I need to compare cells 2 columns and return a value if different. e.g. A1: 2002 B:2002 A2: 2002 B:2003 A3: 2002 B:2002 Need to identify row 2 is different (with an x and a color?) I have about 1000 rows to compare. I tried some of the formulas listed in this section e.g. =if(countif(a:a,a25)>1,a25,"") but didn't return what i wanted. Paste this formula in C1 cell =IF(A1=B1,"Both Are Same","Mismatch") Now copy the C1 cell and paste it to the remaining cells of C Column depends upon your A & B Column Data. For Applying the Co...

Fill with Gray if Column b is bold
My spreadsheet contains data from column A1 to K?. There may be 10 rows or 1000 rows. I need to look at column B and if it the font is bold then I need to fill A:K with gray. Can someone help? Thanks in advance, CB I don't think you can but it might be worth taking a step back and looking at how column B is populated. What is entered? How does it get there? What makes it format bold? If it's not manual input where does the data come from and is there anything else that can differentiate what can and can't be conditionally formatted? -- Russell Dawson ...

Text to Columns #4
I have a column and all I need is the last 5 characters in this field. Problem is that this field has various text lengths. How can I get the last 5 characters and delete the rest. My spreadsheet have 1,000 or so lines. This Column looks like this: AESGROUPGR123 AESGROUPGR457 AESGROUPGR236 SECTIOGR046 MSGTYHSYHSYHGR123 MSGTYHSYYHGR123 My first thought was to make ths column flush right in Text to columns, but I do not see that making it flush right is an option. Ideas? Thanks. Thanks a bunch Pete I appreciate your time and efforts on my behalf Pete_UK wrote: > Try this: > > =...