Insert a row based on a macro

Is there a way to insert a row based on a formula.  For example, If A5=25, I
then want to duplicate the existing row and insert it in the line below.
0
Mindie (16)

See answers in your other post. Pls don't multi post

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Mindie" <Mindie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to insert a row based on a formula.  For example, If A5=25,
> then want to duplicate the existing row and insert it in the line below.

0
Don

checking for existance of file before running macro
I have a macro that opens a source file to retrieve information. I want to be able to check to see if it's there first and if it's not send a msg to the user stating that the file isn't there. When the user clicks okay on the box I want the macro to end without error. Can anyone help? thx, Jim You can use the Dir() function: dim myFilename as string myfilename = "C:\autoexec.bat" if dir(myfilename) = "" then 'it's not there else 'yes, it is end if Jim wrote: > > I have a macro that opens a source file to retrieve information. I wan...

how do i delete empty rows in excel?
e.g.: B A O P Q L P E Q D L E if i press Ctrl+End, it will jump to the E at bottom right corner then i delete the last row(entire) and press Ctrl+End, it jumps to the empty space(previously the last "E") how can I solve that problem? thx a lot! not using VBA, thx "charlie" wrote: > e.g.: > > B A O P > Q L P E > Q D L E > > if i press Ctrl+End, it will jump to the E at bottom right corner > then > i delete the last row(entire) > and press Ctrl+End, it jumps to the empty space(previously the last "E") > how can I solve that pr...

How do I continue a formula in an inserted row?

VBA?Macro Newbie Question//Last field in a column with a value.
I am a newbie to programming Excel. I Have a workbook which has a average about 40 worksheets. I keep individual attendance and payment for my Alcohol and Drug Treatment program on these worksheets. Th individual worksheets are linked to a master roster worksheet in different workbook. My question for today is how can I link the last payment in a column i an individual worksheet to the master roster so I can tell at a glanc when a person made their last payment? Also, how could I link th appropriate cells to the master without doing it manually every time enter a new client? Thanks ...

convert columns to rows & rows to columns
Help! I need to change the format of sheet3 of a workbook, making th rows into columns and the columns into rows. This worksheet has formul links with the other sheets in that workbook, as well as formula link in other workbooks. How can this be done and still maintain th integrity of the information being imported automatically from th other sheets and workbooks? Can it be done -- ROCKWARRIO ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ROCKWARRIOR's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2709 View this thread: http://www.excelf...

Data displayed that is not equal to FALSE in a row
In row 1 cells A1-D1 contain formulas (IF/AND statements). In cell E1 I want whatever word that is not equal to “FALSE” to be displayed. A B C D E 1 FALSE FALSE Under FALSE Under The words can appear in any of cells A-D in each row as below. A B C D E 1 FALSE FALSE Under FALSE Under 2 FALSE On FALSE FALSE On 3 Over FALSE FALSE FALSE Over 4 FALSE FALSE FALSE On On Thank you in advance for your help. =SUBSTITUTE(A1&B1&C1&D1,FALSE,"") -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 Thanks Gary. That works great! "Gary'...

Context Menu with Bitmaps of Row and Column format
Hai Experts, I Want to have a Context menu with bitmaps(not text correspoding to that bitmap) displayed in Row and Column format , any ideas or links are appreciated and its just like a Messager "Smilyes" Button where in when i click on that button it displays some bitmaps in Row and Column format and please let me know about your sugestions Thanks and Regards suresh ...

How do i hlookup with the "row index number" changing
i want to combine 2 worksheets, so i want to do a hlookup the headings of the colums are the same but are ordered differentl (from a data dump) thats why i can't do a straight copy and paste. i need my formula to do something like this Row 1 contains the column headings Row 2 to 1999 contains data from the 1st file Sheet1 contains data from the 2nd file. a2000=HLOOKUP($A$1,Sheet1!$A:$AJ,2,FALSE) a2001=HLOOKUP($A$1,Sheet1!$A:$AJ,3,FALSE) a2002=HLOOKUP($A$1,Sheet1!$A:$AJ,4,FALSE) notice the row index number changes how do i create a formula where the row index number +1 for eac ite...

Inserting Photos using mail merge...
We have a project where variable data is used, the client now wants us to insert the photo of the person (rep) on variable data cards. Our tif files are kept in a seperate directory. We are using excel spreadsheets to pull the text data and would like to tie the photo into the spreadsheet to pull from. Is this possible and can someone send me instructions. Thanks TO Hi TOwens (tom@burkeservices.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || We have a project where variable data is used, the client || now wants us to insert the photo of the person (rep) on || variable data cards. Our tif fi...

How do insert page numbers in excel
how do i insert page numbers in excel as it appears in word? You create a footer. Use File>Page Setup>Header/Footer>Footer>Page 1 -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "Timothy" <Timothy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F49714AA-F9B4-430C-9F07-759B944429BF@microsoft.com... > how do i insert page numbers in excel as it appears in word? ...

How do you insert cut lines for business cards
I want to insert cutlines for business cards on a 8.5" by 11" and 11"x17" cardstock. Could anyone help me? Here's a dweeby little trick that works for me. With your card on screen, make a text box that exactly frames the outer edge of the card. Go to..Line/Border Style and choose 1/4 pt. This will place a fine line around the edge of the card. On your print screen, at the "Change Copies Per Sheet" button...set the Horizontal and Vertical gap to Zero. Try .7 for the side margin. The result should be a printed page with only a line separating the cards. C...

Inserting company logo in custom footer
Is there a way to insert a company logo in an Excel custom footer? Hi Irish Rose, Prior to Excel 2002 you would have to have the logo made into a font character and as you know font characters have only one color. Since you can't change the color in footer in page setup, I would presume you are stuck with Black. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/logoshd.htm . HOW TO: Insert a Picture into the Header or Footer in Microsoft Excel 2002 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q288964 --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Exc...

Avoid "Save" dialog after running AutoOpen macro
I wrote AutoOpen macro that shows or hides the Document Map depending of a document properties. The macro works properly, but now, when I close any document, I get a prompt "Do you want to save the changes..." even if I have changed nothing in the document. I tried to put "ActiveDocument.Saved = True" as the last command of the AutoOpen macro, but it doesn't help. So far I've found a workaround: I put "ActiveDocument.Save" as the last command of the AutoOpen macro. However, the workaround causes updating a document's modified time eve...

Macros disappear from personal macro workbook?
Whenever I record a new macro to my personal macro workbook it works OK and I can see that a new module has been created ok when in the VBA editor, but when I exit excel and re-open the macro doesn't work and the module has disappeared? Can anyone advise why this is happening and how to prevent it ? Many thanks....J While you're in the VBE and the Personal project is active click the little Save button on the Standard toolbar. -- Jim "Me!" <spam@dummyaddress.spam.com> wrote in message news:%23UwrpxrnIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... | Whenever I record a new ma...

Simple Macro help
I need a single macro that takes the user to a different cell dependin on which sheet he is in. For instance if he is in the sheet "Stock" an he activates the macro I want the cell F3 to be selected but if he i in the sheet "Custom" I want the cell D14 to be selected. Is this possible -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Here is some code. Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Select Case h.Name Case "Stock": Range("F3").Select Case "Custom": Range("D14").Select End Select End...

How do I change the row/column format in a macro to beyond letters?
Hi all, I recorded a very long VBA macro in Excel and the index of ranges is in letter format, for example, "M14:M19", etc. Now I am going to run this macro programmatically and automatically in a for loop and expand it from the left to the right so I want to change the "M" in the above example automatically. But after 26 letters, there will be AA, AB, etc. which is really hard to program. Is there a way to adapt the recorded macro (by changing as little as possible) to more than 26 letters. I really want to change as little as possible because I spent lots of time re...

pausing a macro to input cell contents
My first macro using XP, Excel 2003. During the Recording of a macro, what syntax/keystroke is required to 'pause' a macro so as to allow input of data into a cell address, and then re-initate continuance of the macro to its next step? I do not want to end or stop the macro, just pause it automatically to enter data. Pause for input........................ Sub getuserinput() 'some of your code goes here usrinput = InputBox("enter a number") Range("A1").Value = usrinput 'resume rest of code End Sub Or if you want to select a cell or ra...

Sequential number
Is there a way to squentially number a column so that if you insert or delete rows in the middle the numbers will readjust? if you use A1+1 and copy it down, you get a #REF if you delete; and a blank cell if you don't (and then you have to use the fill handle from above the blank cell to resequence? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Suzan Enter the formula =ROW() in the first cell and copy it down. (You might like to add or subtract a constant depending on how you want the cells numbered). When you delete a row this will automatically re-number. If you insert a row, thoug...

Recipien Filter based on OU
Hello, Is somenone knows hows to create a recipient policy for all objetcs in a OU; I know there is a technote (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296112&Product=exch 2k) explaining how to solve it, but not satisfying for me. thanks to all bye You can ad all the objects in the OU to a group and filter on that, or, add a custom attribute to all the objects in the OU and set your filter on the custom attribute. It is not an Exchange limitation that you cannot filter via OU, but a limitation of AD. -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS...

How to insert a page in a book that has linked text boxes.
How do you link a text box to the previous and following pages after inserting a new page in a sequentially paged document. If I understand you correctly you have something like this. 10 page booklet and pages 1 through 5 are linked, page 6 isn't and pages 7 through 10 are linked. Now you want to link all pages 1 through 10. Here's how I would do it in Publisher 2000 Create 5 linked pages to page 5. Now you have pages 1 through 10 linked, page 11 and page 12 through 15 linked. Cut (copy)/paste new page 11 (orig pg 6) to new page 6. Now for a little razzle dazzle. Go to new p...

pivot table error (25000 rows!!)
I am trying to run a pivot table on a file containing 25000 rows. I have 5 duplicate (identical structure) files. The pivot works on each but one. On this file I get an error saying it has too many columns or rows in the pivot table. Drag at least one column or row off the table... Does anybody know what the reason for this message is, are their limits to rows or columns? The identical table works on the other files, therefore this message is so strange. Who has an idea? -- Craig_Richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Craig_Richards's Profil...

Cannot Utilize a Macro When Excel Is Opened By Another Program #2
I have created a macro in the Personal.xls workbook that is located in my XLStart folder that works as I desire whenever I open a workbook. I have a second program that manipulates various Access databases and will automatically export an Excel spreadsheet of data by pressing one key. My problem is that when this second program automatically open a spreadsheet with the data in it I can not execute the macro for some reason. I am using Microsoft Office 2003. Any help is appreciated. ...

How do I count items based on multiple criteria from a different worksheet?
I have tried {=SUM(('10-16-2005'!F:F="Brentwood") * ('10-16-2005'!B:B="ACTV"))} (entered with F2, then cntrl/shift /return, but it is not returning what It should. What I would REALLY like to do, is if the first letter of column B (STATUS) starts with a "A", "B" or "N" .AND. Column F (City) = "Brentwood" .AND. Column J (BT) = "DE". All of these are on Worksheet 10-16-05 (or preferrably, what ever the column header is on SHEET1, row1, column()) Thanks! Mc Here is a formula =SUMPRODUCT((ISNUMBER(FIN...

populate a listbox with values from rows in another worksheet
How would I populate a list box with values from rows in anothe worksheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Dovrox, > How would I populate a list box with values from rows in another > worksheet. > Give the range with the values a name (insert, name, define) and use that name as the listsource property. Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP www.jkp-ads.com You'll have to use a named range. Select the range and press Ctrl+F3 and give it a name like "mylist" (no quotes). Then under Properties of the Listbox use mylist for the ListFillRange. H...

Full Sheet Viewing to Insert Background Picture: Pub 2003
Hello All, We have a booklet that is one 8.5X11 sheet composed of 8pages. By default pages 2 and 3, 4 and 5, 6 and 7 are adjoing, so we can split an image so that each half shows on a seperate page of the sheet. How do we do this when pages 1 and 8 do not show as adjoining? I hope the above is not too confusing, but I will clarify if needed. Thanks in advance for your support. Are you using Format, Background or are you using an image that is to be spread over both pages? If it is the latter, on page two & three insert the image, stretch it or resize it to fit. When you have it th...