Insert a row based on a macro

Is there a way to insert a row based on a formula.  For example, If A5=25, I
then want to duplicate the existing row and insert it in the line below.
0
Mindie (16)

See answers in your other post. Pls don't multi post

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Mindie" <Mindie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to insert a row based on a formula.  For example, If A5=25,
> then want to duplicate the existing row and insert it in the line below.

0
Don

Limiting formulas based on filtering?
Is there an easy way to build a formula that will only take values into consideration when the auto format is used. So, if I have a table of data and a formula based on this table and I filter one of my data columns to some vause then I would like my formula to automatically update. Is this possible? Thank you, CH The SUBTOTAL function ignores rows that are hidden by an autofilter (and optionally, also rows that were hidden manually). It can perform a wide range of operations, including sums, averages, counts, standard deviations, products, maximums, minimums, etc. Check E...

Highlighting the active row with special colour
Hi there Is there a macro that highlights the whole active row (not only the active cell) that the cursor is in, in an Excel worksheet? Thanks Raj Highlight it in a particular colour, I meant... that would move along when I would move the cursor onto another row.... "Raj Mazumdar" wrote: > Hi there > > Is there a macro that highlights the whole active row (not only the active > cell) that the cursor is in, in an Excel worksheet? > > Thanks > > Raj Try this '---------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Workshe...

Change cell background color based on content that results from li
This could be very simple, but I will lay the groundwork first. I have a schedule spreadsheet that I import data to from a web based program. There are existing filters to remove all formatting of the data and remove that which we do not use. What remains is a non formatted sheet that other workbooks link to so we can produce daily sheets. Now the data that is linked on the other sheets may be for example the number 150. It appears throughout the sheet and I would like to color any cell that contains the number 150. The problem is I can't search for 150 because it reall...

create xml document based from schema
I have the following schema. I need to know how to make an xml document based from it. The main worry I have is the DateTime field. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="NewsArticle"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="Description" type="xs:string" /> <xs:element name="Body" type="xs:string" />...

excel macro on startup from DOS
After I start excel from a DOS .BAT script I want a macro to then be automatically executed. (To do this with MS Word you just put /Mmacroname after the path name of the executable, but this does not seem to work) Excel doesn't support macro execution from the command line. As an alternative, you can name the macro Auto_Open and this will execute when the workbook is opened. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "roblit" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02AFEE4E-6686-4434-A41D-1...

Reports based on groups
I am using access 2007 and need to create individual reports for a number of different client records so I can export them to email to the clients. The number and names of clients vary each month so I want to write either a macro or module or something such that it will automatically generate the reports each month. Thoughts? ...

enter value based on drop down list of another field?
I have an excel 2003 spreadsheet with 3 worksheets. In sheet 1, I created a drop down list in column A based on values in sheet 3, column A (item number). Thisd data comes from sheet 3, where I have column A (Item #'s), column B (Item desc)an Column C (price) In column B of sheet 1, I have Item Descriptions and in column C I have price. I want this to automatically fill in based on what I enter in the column A sheet 1 and it should get the corresponding values from sheet 3 column B and C. I can make the drop down list in sheet 1 column B and C, but some of the descriptions need ...

more than 65,536 rows
Hi Is it possible to have more than 65,653 rows on a worksheet? The data I have does not fit on a normal sheet Harald Harald, Unfortunately, the maximum number of rows on a worksheet is 65,536 rows and cannot be increased. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Harald Bock" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6E9402F-92F4-4649-A72C-BC38BE6C89EB@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Is it possible to have more than 65,653 rows on a worksheet? The data I have does not...

Rows and Columns Settings Problem
How do you set rows and columns in a way that when you scrol down/column you can always see a certain row(s)/column(s) -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out XL Help for "Freeze Panes" In article <JMorgan.1ad5vf@excelforum-nospam.com>, JMorgan <<JMorgan.1ad5vf@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > How do you set rows and columns in a way that when you scroll > down/column you can always see a certain row(s)/column(s). Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Minimizing Rows of with similar data
I am using Excel 2007. I have 3 columns A, B, and C such as below: TU10-10 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-10.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-11 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-11.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-12 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-12.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-13 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-6 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-6.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-7 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-7.5 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-8 TU10 Tungsten Satin Wedding Band TU10-8.5 TU10 Tung...

insert logo using AUTOCORRECT
Have been trying to insert my company's logo using AUTOCORRECT. It works like a charm in WORD. It doens't work in Excel. ex. when I type "lg" these characters should be replaced by my company's logo. Does anyone know how to do this in Excel? -- digicat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ digicat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14920 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497273 ...

How do I filter rows based upon a column value
I have a spreadsheet that contains multiple agency id's in a column. When generating reports, I would like to filter per agency and display only the rows associated with that agency. Is there a tutorial or sample on how to do this? Hi It sounds like you are looking for Data / Filter / AutoFilter. Have a look here for some basics: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html -- Andy. "Jack" <nfr@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eqiU08TVEHA.2988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet that contains multiple agency id's in a column. When > generati...

Visual Basic Macros, relative position
Dear Experts, I am making a report, and I have a set of data, in a very looong row: MKT_VAL NET_ASSETS TOT_ASSETS 46 51 51 6233 6228 6228 Over 100 fields. I need this data to be changed to run down a column. MKT_VAL 46 6233 NET_ASSETS 51 6228 TOT_ASSETS 51 6228 I tried to make a macro to do this. It would be run after I copied and pasted the three column cells into another area. Sub ShiftNullData() ' ' ShiftNullData Macro ' Macro recorded 11/14/2006 by Rodger Lepinsky ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+q ' Range("A18").S...

DVD Insert
I have been asked by a friend to design an insert for a DVD he is making. The only templates I've been able to find are the ones that are actually for CD jewel cases. He is going to be using the DVD cases like you see in the stores when you buy a movie, which is much larger and the insert goes into the plastic sleeve. It's about 10-1/2" X 7-1/4". I checked the Microsoft site, but they had nada. Does anyone have a place where I could get a template for this project, or any idea of the best way to set this up? I've done CD inserts, but never a DVD before. Thanks....

List all row source for all forms, reports etc.
Hi I'm doing some work cleaning out old unused forms, reports and queries. I have been going through each report in a database (There are A LOT), determining its row source query, then marking it for deletion. I will eventually end up going through and deleting all the unused queries. As you can imagine this is time consuming, and I was thinkg 'there must be a FASTER way" Does anyone have a suggestion, or link to a pre-built function or model that could assist me? Regards Darragh On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:14:18 -0800 (PST), Darragh <darragh.murray@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi...

Returning Data from a third cell in same row that meets two other
I'm looking for a formula that will return a result from a cell on a same row as two other cells that meet certain criteria. I'm sure there is a way to do this but i am a novice at this kind of stuff and can't seem to figure it out. For example i want a cell to = what is in column E when column A="36751" and when column B="Total Returns" The spreadsheet has 55000 rows. there will only be one instance where both these criteria are met. i want to use this to create a seperate spreadsheet with just info i need and can update on a daily basis. thanks in ...

Comparing cell values then labeling them based on comparision
Hi. I'm trying to find a function or way to compare two cells and then label them according to if one cell is lesser, greater, or the same as the other. I have a large data sheet where I want to compare many pairs of cells and then have them labeled in this way. For example for each pair where the second cell value is larger than the first it would put greater, where the first is larger it would be lesser, etc. Can anybody help me with this? also feel free to email me at andrew@metiri.com. Thanks so much for your help. > Hi. I'm trying to find a function or way to compar...

Insert hyperlink greyed out
Can't see any other posts on the above any advice valued. Thanks {XP2, with Publisher 2002} On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 08:39:37 +0100, Gel wrote (in article <1130053177.481108.189290@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>): > Can't see any other posts on the above any advice valued. > Thanks > > {XP2, with Publisher 2002} > Ah yes, "can't see' the classic euphemism for "I'm a lazy f**kwit, I can't be arsed to RTFH, or to STFW. Please wipe my arse for me, because I'm too lazy to find the bog roll..." Where are you attempting to insert th...

query to make a list of products based on delivery history
I have a table which lists all deliveries made of our product. From this table, I'd like to make a list of all products. My problem is the products will have many duplicates as they can be ordered multiple times and I just want a list showing all the individual products that we offer. -- TIA Try something like: SELECT DISTINCT [our product] FROM [which list all deliveries made]; If you can't figure this out, come back with table and field names. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Def...

How to get Row # in formula?
I have several rows with the same formula but they are seperated, in some cases, by rows with other information to prevent me from just dragging a formula down to other rows. Ex. While in row 13: B13*C13+B13*D13+B13*E13 While in row 20: B20*C20+.... how can I write a formula to populate the "13" or "20" automatically for whatever row I am in? Thanks, Dave You may not be able to drag it, but if you copy row13 formula and go to row 20 it updates does it not? -- HTH Bob "DaveR" <DaveR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

importing excel spreadsheets into web-based applications
How do you automate importing data from an excel spreadsheet into a web-based applications. For example, a form on the web has fields for name, address, phone, email, etc. (some of the fields are required, some optional) and you have a spreadsheet with information for a 100 different people (or even 1 person), how do you fill in all the fields at once without having to cut and paste each field for each person. ...

Update Query based on Current Recordset
I have a continuous form with filtered records. I want to run an update query on a field in a table based on the current filtered records on the form. What code would I use to accomplish this task? Any help appreciated in getting me started. NEWER USER, Without a wee bit more information, like what are you trying to update, field names, table names, do you want this attached to a button or an event, etc... The best I can do is... UPDATE SomeTable SET SomeTable.SomeField= WhateverValue WHERE (((SomeTable.SomeOtherFied)=WhateverValue)); Of course, the above would be an ...

Programmatically adding function to copy all incoming mail to public folder (based on sender domain)
Hi all. I would like to be able to (from any client) execute a script (vbs, exe, whatever) that creates a public folder. That's should be pretty easy. The tricky part is that I want the same script to create a rule (?) on the Exchange server that copies all incoming mail from a specific sender domain to that new public folder. Hmm... Let us assume that I have the sufficient credentials for this action hardcoded in the script.. does anyone have a good idea how to do that. I am creating an interface in our ERP software that should be able to see mail correspondance horizontically accross ...

count rows
Hi I have two worksheets - sheet1 and sheet2. Sheet1 is my main data which contains 7 colums (A-G) and number of rows varies depend on data. In sheet2 I have formula in Row1 (A1:G1) and I need to copy down the formula to exactly the same number of rows in Sheet1. (For eg: if my sheet1 has 15 rows, I need to copy the formula in A1:G1 of sheet2 till A15:G15). Hope someone help me Thanks in advance Toms --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Toms You could add an unused row with a number or letter in it and then count that separately each time with countif? John "SMILE...

Cross referencing named row with named column
I'm trying to find a way to cross reference a column named June with a row named Sales but cant figure out what the syntax is. I thought it used to be =June|Sales but it doesnt seem to work. Hi try =INDEX(A1:H20,MATCH("June",A1:H1,0),MATCH("Sales",A1:A20,0)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "davide212" <davide212@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:917620B9-9182-45C8-9D0F-56B0878CF617@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to find a way to cross reference a column named June with a row > named Sales but cant figure out ...