insert a JPEG into EXCEL 2002

Hello - I was asked to "pretty up" an Excel invoice for work and need to
place a JPEG into the file. I know I can't insert a picture into the
header/footer with Excel 2002, but can't I just insert it into the body of
the file? In Excel Help it simply says to click on Insert Picture, but for
some reason the Insert Picture option is ALWAYS greyed out. Any suggestions?
I would REALLY appreciate it!

Cheers!
0
mckee (1)

Hi mckee

You can insert a picture into the header / footer with XL 2002. Go to
File>PageSetup. Select the "Headers / Footers" tab and select "Custom
Header". Click on the "Insert Picture" icon and import your file.

--
XL2002
Regards

William

willwest22@yahoo.com

"mckee" <mckee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hello - I was asked to "pretty up" an Excel invoice for work and need to
| place a JPEG into the file. I know I can't insert a picture into the
| header/footer with Excel 2002, but can't I just insert it into the body of
| the file? In Excel Help it simply says to click on Insert Picture, but for
| some reason the Insert Picture option is ALWAYS greyed out. Any
suggestions?
| I would REALLY appreciate it!
|
| Cheers!

0
willwest22 (109)
1/7/2005 11:26:57 PM
Perhaps the worksheet is protected?

Tools>Protection>Unprotect Sheet.  You may have to supply a password.

Yes, you can insert a graphic into the header or footer of Excel 2002.

2002 was the first version to allow this.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 14:03:03 -0800, "mckee" <mckee@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hello - I was asked to "pretty up" an Excel invoice for work and need to
>place a JPEG into the file. I know I can't insert a picture into the
>header/footer with Excel 2002, but can't I just insert it into the body of
>the file? In Excel Help it simply says to click on Insert Picture, but for
>some reason the Insert Picture option is ALWAYS greyed out. Any suggestions?
>I would REALLY appreciate it!
>
>Cheers!

0
Gord
1/8/2005 7:07:51 PM
I saw your posintg because I needed to do something similar - found that
there is a list of allowances when you protect the document which you can
check off - one of them is "Edit Objects" - when this is selected, the Insert
Picture is still grayed out, but you can open the picture you want in any
other program, select it, copy it, and then..........you can come back to
your spreadsheet and paste it - the paste action is allowed as long as the
"Edit Objects" is designated within the Protection options -

"mckee" wrote:

> Hello - I was asked to "pretty up" an Excel invoice for work and need to
> place a JPEG into the file. I know I can't insert a picture into the
> header/footer with Excel 2002, but can't I just insert it into the body of
> the file? In Excel Help it simply says to click on Insert Picture, but for
> some reason the Insert Picture option is ALWAYS greyed out. Any suggestions?
> I would REALLY appreciate it!
>
> Cheers!
0
SCA (1)

Excel 97 SR-1"send to"
Does Excel '97 SR-1 have a "send to" option on its File menu scrolldown bar? If it does, mine is missing. How do I add that option back to my file menu? Thanks Tools => customize. go to the commands tab, find the item in the right box and drag it to your menu. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Michele Drennen <mdrennen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:274a501c38f47$f332ab60$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does Excel '97 SR-1 have a "send to" option on its File > menu scrolldown bar? If it does, mine is missing. How do I > add that option back to my file menu? &...

excel 2000 doc looks for pages in the local drive b4 opening
My Excel doc is looking for pages of the doc in my local drive b4 opening. I have hit cancel for every page it does not find and then it opens. Other excel docs open with no prob. Doc in question was created by someone else. Any suggestions please? I'm guessing you have links to workbooks on your local drive that can't be found. You're job will be to figure out if you can destroy the links or if you should find the real location and use that. There's an option in Tools|Options|Edit tab that allows you to be prompted if excel should go off and try to update the links (check t...

Cannot open excel docs from My Documents
I have Excel 2000 running on Windows 98SE. When I try and open a doc. from any folder outside of Excel a message pops up that says "Cannot find the file 'C:\My Documents\(Whatever the path folder is)\(name of Document).xls (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available." At the same time it will open Excel, but no document. If I go to the open file button in Excel, then the file will open. I got a response from another newsgroup, but it did not solve the problem. He had me go to Explorer\View\Fo...

Background Text in Excel 2000
I have an old Excel spreadsheet that has some background text that only shows up when I reduce the sheet size to 25%. When I print the document this text does not print. It does not appear that this text is related to any cell data. How can I edit or delete this text? When you reduce the zoom to less than 40%, you get to see the range names. (It's there to help!) Ron Schneider wrote: > > I have an old Excel spreadsheet that has some background > text that only shows up when I reduce the sheet size to > 25%. When I print the document this text does not print. > It do...

when i open a excel doc , it open muiltple page not related?
Hi all, When i double click on a excel doc, muiltiple excel file pop up together. What could be the possible reasons... Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's factory defaults. greyshark001 wrote: > > Hi all, > When i double click on a excel doc, muiltiple excel file pop up together. > What could be the possible reasons... ...

insert data after page break
I have page breaks set automatically when department changes. I would like to add data I named "DEPT" after each page break. Can anyone help me!! -- yepidu ...

Visio 2002 Viewer is broken with Office 2003
After I installed Office 2003 RTM code, I only can run Visio 2002 Viewer once. If I run it second time or more, a box was prompted to point "C:\" path. If I reinstall Visio 2002 viewer, it seems fine. However, if I log onto the same machine with a new user account, the problem comes out again. I believe something is doing with Office 2003 and IE user profile settings(combined together). Does anyone know this problem? does anyone know if there will be a newer Visio 2003 Viewer that works with Office 2003? thanks, Dean ...

How to insert a current date
To insert Current date help page shows: Select a cell and press CTRL+; This could be Select a cell and press CTRL+Semicolon(;) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a107213f-e55a-4bd3-8e3...

Missing payees with money 2002 and now 2003
I am frequently experiencing payees that just disappear from the master list. I have read numerous other reports of this and I am wondering if anyone has any solutions. I know how to get them back by using a find, replace, and rename procedure when it happens, but a solution to prevent them from disappearing would be nice. I noticed that the payees that were added most recently seem to be the ones that are disappearing. I also, just for kicks, decided to count the number of payees on my master list. There are exactly 399. Could it be that money can not have more than 400 payees and s...

Multiple monitors, Win2008 64 Bit, Excel 2007 SP2 MSO
I have multiple monitors. I want to have one excel with the ribbon and all that on one monitor, and another excel with the ribbon and all that on the monitor next to it. This does not seem to be possible. Dragging the window to be larger than one monitor is not intuitive and only works if the monitors are set up to be "beside" each other - not cool if one monitor is actually up on the wall and one is in front of me, since I have to hunt around to make the window appear on the other monitor. The "browse in same window" has been taken away from Vista/2008 server because the...

settings for inserting Excel documents directly into Outlook
When utilizing Office 2002 with Outlook 2002, in Excel sending the Excel document to the Mail Recipient works okay, but the Excel document is oversized. The only way to get the document to be sized in a reasonable matter without taking up three pages is Send to Mail (As Attachment). How can you change the settings of the Send to Mail Recipient command? The first thought is it could be the document, and the answer is that this document is emailed to 10 locations and they all change some text and email it back. One location is having trouble. The Office was originally 2000, upgraded to 2002...

Create and Use Button Menu using visual Basic in Excel
The following code is very simple. All I need to do is figure out how get the result of the userform entry from the click event. I apologize if seems to easy but I have trouble with userforms and menus getting user data. Thanks for Your Help Sub test() UserForm1.show If Me.OptionButton1 = "True" Then Debug.Print "Option One has been Selected" Else Debug.Print "This has failed miserably" End If End Sub Private Sub OptionButton1_Click() Dim Sel As String Unload Me MsgBox ("You Select Buton 1") Sel = Me.OptionButton1 End Sub Private Sub OptionButton2_...

Can this Be Done in Excel ?
I have a employee job scheduling table that I would like to populate based on criteria from 2 other tables. The scheduling table has the employee names listed in each row and across the top is the period of the day broken into 4 time periods. The critera tables are: 1. A training matrix that lists the employee names in each row and the jobs listed across the top. If an employee is trained, the intersecting cell has a "T". If they are not trained, the cell is blank. 2. An attendance table that lists the employee names in each row and if they are absent, there is an "A"...

can you control how comments print in excel xp or 2003?
I noticed a user at the copier today, using the blow up function to try to enlarge the comments that he had printed out at the end of his excel worksheet. He commented that he could not change the font for the comments. I went back to my desk, and was able to replicate the issue... In short, you can format comments for on-screen viewing (and presumably when you print comments "in place"), but if you print out all the comments at the end of your document, you apparently can't control the font/size/formatting/etc. The only thing I could find that made a different to how it printed...

Office XP Professional User having Trouble Accessing Excel and Office Updates
I am suddenly having trouble accessing Excel and Office Updates. According to my profile I have the following version of Office: MSOffice XP Professional Version 2002 SP1 When I try to go in to Excel I get a Windows Installer pop-up. Then its goes to Windows Installer and I get an error message saying" the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Then I get Error 1706. Setup cannot fing the required files. The patch \\Puma\base\software\desktop\officexp\PROPLUS.MSI cannot be found I am also running into a similar problem when trying to ...

Problems With Access 97 in Access 2002
I have an Access 97 database that I am opening in Access 2002 in “compatability” mode. What is happening is that it goes into a “loop” – the status bar shows messages over and over. Sometimes I can break out of it. I can convert it Ok, however. What’s going on? ...

How do I access the 256 color palatte in excel #2
How do I access the 256 color palatte in excel Tools menu - Options - Color tab. -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "Stick Frame" wrote: > How do I access the 256 color palatte in excel XL can only display 56 colors at any one time. You can change any of the 56 using Tools/Options/Colors, and clicking the Modify button. In article <6A3E973D-A17D-48FA-B07C-9242895DF17F@microsoft.com>, "Stick Frame" <StickFrame@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I access the 256 color palatte in excel ...

Microsoft Outlook 2002
I want to be able to use the "Out of Office" function, but "Help" says I need Microsoft Exchange. What is this and how do I get it? Hi Barry, that`s true. If you want to send a message, that you are out of the office, what means that you are not currently working with Outlook, which system should send the message? At least you need any mail server, which will do it for you. -- Ich hoffe, das hilft / I hope, this helps. Freundliche Gr�sse, Alfred G�bel (MS) (Microsoft kann f�r die Richtigkeit und Vollst�ndigkeit der Inhalte in dieser Newsgroup keine Haftung �bernehm...

Generating a report list and statistic worksheet in Excel from other workbooks
Hello- I am trying to put together a reporting function, and I have little experience working with Excel programming. I have multiple workbooks set aside for different users, who update the information in list format on a daily basis. These are project lists, so they require daily text and numerical input, and the length of the lists vary as the projects close or open. I am trying to make a master workbook that brings all of these lists together onto a single list. On this master workbook is a worksheet that needs to update and add a row of statistical data on a daily basis. Additionally...

Microsoft Excel #10
I have microsoft worksuite 2004 for XP and task(which has a limited excel like program) however I would like to have the full capabilities of excel. Do I need to purchase the entire Excel program or is their a download that would upgrade my system to similar capabilities? "Sir Knight" <Sir Knight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >I have microsoft worksuite 2004 for XP and task(which has a limited excel >like program) however I would like to have the full capabilities of excel. >Do I need to purchase the entire Excel program or is their a download that >wou...

how do I invert the rows and colums in excel?
Is there an easy way to invert rows and columns in Excel? Look at Edit>Paste Special, Transpose -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Aldofabrizi" <Aldofabrizi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07E7290D-EA8D-461A-8597-4B53E92AF1A8@microsoft.com... > Is there an easy way to invert rows and columns in Excel? Select the range you wish to 'invert' and copy. Then Edit > Paste Special and select the Transpose radio button. --Bruce "Aldofabrizi" wrote: > Is there an easy way to invert rows and columns in Excel? ...

Excel
How do I print multiple worksheets (from one workbook) on one page in Excel? IMHO, it would probably be best to create a "consolidation" sheet in the workbook using formula references to the material on the other sheets. Design that sheet the way you want to be able to print your "report" and define that as your print range. Hope this is useful |:>) "BGA" wrote: > How do I print multiple worksheets (from one workbook) on one page in Excel? ...

Inserting a sub
Could anyone tell me how i can insert a sub in a excell sheet. I have found a sub, i copy the text and now i like to put it into excell so i can use it everytime. Not sure what you mean. A subroutine must go into a code modul contained in a workbook. With the workbook open use keys Alt +F11 t open the VB Editor. Use menu Insert/Module and copy/paste the code t there. If you want the code page for a specific worksheet, right clic the sheet tab and select "View Code" -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Guido Depends upon what type of Sub you have copied. Event co...

Frustrating Excel to Word Copy/Paste Problem
Hi, I'm using Office 2004 and have all the updates installed. I'm having a weird, VERY frustrating problem with either/both my Excel and Word apps. In an Excel I have 2 simple column charts that are independent, but side by side in the worksheet. Whenever I select both charts and choose COPY, and then switch to Word and choose PASTE SPECIAL (Picture) only the left-hand chart will actually paste and display, but the right-hand chart does not display. Oddly, the graphic "handles" of the right-hand chart display when the chart is selected, but the actual chart itself does not sh...

creating master excel record list
I'm looking to simplify record keeping of work in progress which is provided by weekly excel worksheets created from importing data from another datasource. I'd like to import the desired records to a master list from which a filtered list will be created & automatically maintained by linkling updates to the master list edited as records are modified by users How can this be done by novice user? ...