Increasing number of columns in spreadsheet

Someone has reduced the number of columns in the spreadsheet I'm using just
to A - AD.

I need to increase the size of the spreadsheet back to standard number of
columns.  How do I do this?
0
ren422 (1)

Hi!

They're probably just hidden.

Select column AD header and drag a few inches to the
right. Then right click within column AD and select Unhide.

Biff

0
biffinpitt (3172)
4/15/2005 4:59:16 AM
Another way:

Edit|Goto (or hit F5 or ctrl-g)
type:
AE:IV

Then format|columns|Unhide

--

Dave Peterson
0

udating reorder cost, reorder number, and supplier
I am tring to update supplier ID, cost, reorder number from a csv file. is there a way to import this infromation. and have it update the item table? hi Sherie, The file may have format: ;Item Lookup Code Description Department Supplier Name Min. Order Cost Reorder # MPQ New Min. Order New Cost New Reorder # New MPQ run the Inventory Wizard from SO Manager then click on the 140 chnage item ordering info, then click manually enter the item and click next till you will get the window where you can import the file, import the file as defined the above content and then it will work. Rate ...

Column Chart with multiple vertical axis
I tried building a chart that displays 1 series in dollar sales and 1 series in unit sales. I tried putting one on a secondary axis, but it always overlaps the columns and changing the series overlap setting doesn't seem to have any effect? Does any one know what is going on and how I can separate columns on separate axis? Thanks, Jamie You need to add a couple dummy series to help align the visible series: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://...

Change autonumber field to number field
Is there a convenient way to change an autonumber field to a number field? I tried using the table design view but received the error: "You can't change the data type or field size of this field; it is part of one or more relationships. If you want to change the data type of this field, first delete its relationships in the Relationships window." If I were to break and remake the relevant relationships, would that suffice or might there be downstream effects which are not rectified when the relationships are remade? Many thanks, Paul Hello Paul. "paulkaye" wrote:...

Increase the width of the Nav Bar IN CRM to support new Area Capti
I added my own Area using the sitemap file but the name on the Button is to big for the Nav Bar to view it all without manually resizing. Can I set something to increase the width of the nav bar when CRM starts up. When I say nav bar I mean the part of the screen where it has Marketing, Sales, Workplace and settings. I create my own but the Caption is to large for the default size so I have to inlarge it. Mike ...

Z report Number of Items sold by Department
Is there a way to include number of items sold by department in Z report? I do not believe that is possible. I have spent many hours researching that functionality and haven't found a solution. "Asmar" wrote: > Is there a way to include number of items sold by department in Z report? ...

Culling low columns
Hi, I am a member of a local Bass club and we post the results of each 11 tournaments on a spreadsheet. The three lowest tournaments are culled from the total. I need a formula that will subtract the three lowest totals from each member. The rows are set up as follows: Member Name, Tournament 1 points, Tournamnet 2 points, Tournament 3 points, Tournament 4 points, etc until tournament 11, and the last column is the total points for the tournaments. The next row has the next member......... Hope that I have given enough information...If not please advise... -- patenglish -----------------...

List Box
Thanks for helping. I have a list box showing three columns of data from another sheet. The problem is that the widths of the columns in the list box are really far out, and I need to adjust them somehow. The columns are B, E, and AA (B-D and E-Z are merged) Here is the Listrange; MAIN!$B$16:$AA$39 The first column especially is really wide, and results in a massive scroll along to see the others, and strangely the third column is thinner ! Bemused Robert You can change the column widths by going into the properties sheet as I described in my answer to your first post, then set...

Convert time to a number when linking?
I'm referencing a time value in Worksheet "A" from the Data worksheet "B" like this; =Data!A1. Cell A1 is formatted as time and shows as 01:00, and I need it to be a general number (just a 1) in Worksheet "A" so I can divide it by another general number. Cells B1 & B2 are formatted as general in the source worksheet. In other words, the difference between 1:00 (A1) and 8:00 (A2) is 7. At 1:00 the temp was 32 (B1) degrees and at 8:00 the temperature was 152 (B2) degrees. In these 7 minutes the temperature rose 120 degrees. What I'm trying t...

Sharepoint 2003 + Excel spreadsheet
Seems that you should be able to copy info over from Excel spreadsheet onto a Sharepoint document (w/ equal number of cells on each) yet I keep getting an error message. Are the 2 programs incompatible? I've had not difficulty in working w/ Word and Sharepoint Document in the past...trying to copy/paste info over without having to re-type the entire spreadsheet into Sharepoint. Any info would be appreciated. What is the error message? I'm puzzled by what you mean "SharePoint document"???? There really is no such thing. SharePoint is a place where documen...

Subforms, Continuous Forms, and Locking Columns oh my...?
Hi, Ok, let me see if I can explain this... We're moving from Excel to Access. In Excel we could lock the first 5 columns in place. Great. In Access the only way to lock columns is to use the datasheet view. The problem with that is the user can change the width of the fields; also, I can't dynamically hide fields. I also have a requirement to have custom field labels. If I use the datasheet view, I'll get the grey boxes with fieldnames. I can blank them all out (I'm willing to live with this), but I can't add a Form Header to the datasheet view which allows me to ...

2nd Axis on 3D Column chart
First, using XP, is this possible Second, if it is possible, I have four columns of data like below A B C 1 70,000 60,000 7,000 4,000 2 80,000 70,000 8,000 5,00 3 90,000 80,000 9,000 6,00 4 100,000 90,000 10,000 7,00 My boss wants a 3D column chart with the data arranged (from back to front) A,B,C,D. I want to put Columns C and D on a second axis, but I cannot find this option in Excel or on the boards Thanks in advance for your help Hi cwilson, Unfortunately with 3d charts you can ...

freeze column and row on same spread sheet
freeze column and row on same spread sheet - will only freeze one or the other Select B2 and Freeze Panes. Column A and Row 1 will remain frozen. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:20:01 -0800, linda <linda @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >freeze column and row on same spread sheet - will only freeze one or the other This is somewhat version specific Click one cell below the bottom row you want frozen and on column to the right of the columns you want frozen. In Excel 2003 and earlier, Window menu, Freeze Panes (that is from memory for sure ...

Column of data
I have a column of numbers that have been copied from another spread sheet and each box has a green triangle in the upper right corner. The column will not sort properly as some of the boxes do not have the triangles in the upper right corner. I can get ride of these by going to the box and double clicking but I have approximately 4000 to do . Is there a way to do this with one command ? Hi, maybe some numbers have blank spaces, try something let's say your numbers are in column A in another column enter =Trim(A1) copy formula down, then copy this column an...

Column & Area graph combined
I am trying to draw a column graph except I would like to be able to have the widths of the columns based on another data series so that I can compare the areas of the columns. Is there an add-in of additional chart types that anyone knows of that I can download to do this or does anyone have any idea how I could do this without having to manually change each column?? ...

Delete row where there is duplicate data in Column E
I have a report I download every day and each day the row count is different. I need to perform all kinds of editing so that I can run this spreadsheet against another spreadsheet. I created a macro to perform most of the editing and have my page setup, header, footer, font all set in that macro. Now I want to add code that looks for duplicate entries in Column E in 2 consecutive rows, anyplace in the document, and if found delete the first of the two rows. Normally there are about 10 of these duplicate rows where I need to delete the first on of every time it occurs, is this even p...

Referencing the latest entry in a column
I want to reference the latest entry in a column. So that every time the column is updated, and subsequently has another cell added to it, I don't have to update the formula for referencing it. Try =LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A65535<>""),A1:A65535) If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "John" wrote: > I want to reference the latest entry in a column. So that every time the > column is updated, and subsequently has another cell added to it, I don't > have to update the formula for referencing it. Hi, Suppose the d...

Increment Cell Numbers
I have a small question for some excel 2000 guru... When I drag (using the bottom right-hand series extender) a numerical cell excel will sometimes increment the number automatically, and other times it will only duplicate the same number in each of the cells. How does excel decide whether to increment or not? Thanks, df df, I dunno, maybe it's something to do with the cell format. BTAIM, you can work round it -- if you want it to be incrementing and it isn't (or vice versa), just before you let go hold down CTRL. Rgds, Andy Mine *doesn't* increment by default. XL Help sa...

Sumproduct of 3 separate column ranges
Hi, I have the following formula counting "YES" in a column range 'Tests 1'!I3:I1000 I now want it to sumproduct the "YES" in 3 column ranges 'Tests 1'!I3:I1000, 'Tests 1'!Q3:Q1000 and 'Tests 1'!X3:X1000 =SUMPRODUCT(('Tests 1'!$D$3:$D$1000="Derbyshire")*('Tests 1'!$I$3:$I$1000="YES")*('Tests 1'!$H$3:$H$1000>=B2)*('Tests 1'!$H$3:$H$1000<=F2)) any pointers or help appreciated. -- Steve Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier way...

Check number area on Money 2002
Is there anyway to add the word TRANSFER to the check number area when doing a function. Current choices are <blank>, print etc. I want to add TRANsfer. Can u help You could try typing it in, but you can't add it to the dropdown box. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsoli...

How do I get a pie chart to recognize a negative number?
I need to make a pie chart that has one part of the pie as a negative percentage. Does anyone know how to get my chart to recognize this negative number? Seriously? Pie charts can't handle negative numbers. How do you display it so it subtracts from the whole pie? How does the reader remember that the blue wedge is deducted? It just won't work. This is only reason #14 that pie charts are really not a very good design for a useful chart. You could try a clustered column chart or maybe a stacked column, depending on what the data is and what exactly you're trying to show. -...

Excel spreadsheets don't open right when downloaded in Internet Explorer
When I download an Excel spreadsheet from the web, it doesn't open in Excel but in a limited menu under Internet Explorer. How can I get these spreadsheets to open properly? I'm using Internet Explorer 6.0 and Excel 2002. If you open the spreadsheet from within IE, I believe it will always open with limited menu/toolbar options. If you want to do more extensive work with the ss, Save to your HD and do it there. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Bob Wylly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:027301c3b915$...

How do I get unique values from 2 columns?
I need to get the unique values between 2 columns. For example, if A has 2,3,4,5 & 7 and B has 1,2,3,4,and 5, I need something to tell me that B doesn't have 7. I expect to run through it again so that I see that A doesn't have 1. I do not wish to enter in the data to search for, but rather have a column comparison and kickout the differences (similar to a diff command on Unix for those that know it). Any help would be appreciated. The advanced filter doesn't do what I need as it would give me all values. Thanks, Kelly How about coloring the cells in col. A where the ...

Hiding & Unhiding Columns & Rows
Hello, I have a macro that does the following: Unhides any column from "C" to "AJ" Unhides any row from "4 to 34" Looks for the first blank cell in "column C" starting at "C4" an places the cursor there for data input. This is the macro: Sub unhideeverything() ActiveWindow.DisplayHeadings = False Columns("C:AJ").Select Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = False Rows("4:34").Select Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = False Range("C4").Select Cells.Find(What:="", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas LookAt:= _ xlPa...

How do I insert consecutive numbers on postcards
What version Publisher are you using? Do you have Excel or Access? You can create a number list in Publisher and use mail merge to get consecutive numbers on your postcards. Help here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx A sample Excel data base here. http://msauer.mvps.org/misc.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "miclyn" <miclyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50D635AB-CCE5-4056-B0B4-5BE2F9815479@microsoft.com... > ...

How do I format a cell for a custom part number?
Using Excel 2003; I am trying to format a range of cells to accept hardware dimensions so I can sort them by product code, diameter, pitch, and length. Since I can only sort 3 columns, it would be helpful to combine pitch and diameter in a custom number format. Ideally I want to be able to enter diameter and pitch in the same cell as follows: "(diameter in whole numbers or fractions)-(pitch in whole numbers)" For example, here are some common sizes: 10-24 10-32 1/4-20 5/16-18 I know how to get to the custom number format, but I don't understand how to use the number co...