Increase cell value by 1 month

What formula do I use to increase cells by 1 month?
i.e. If I have December 2009 in A1, how do I get Jan 2010, Feb 2010, etc. in
A2, A3, etc.?

Melissa

One way is in cell A2 apply the below formula and copy down as required
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,1)

You can just type in 12/1/2009 in A1 and 1/1/2010 in A2 and select these
cells and drag down to have each month in a cell.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Melissa" wrote:

> What formula do I use to increase cells by 1 month?
> i.e. If I have December 2009 in A1, how do I get Jan 2010, Feb 2010, etc. in
> A2, A3, etc.?

What is best way to determine whether a value exists in a column of values?
Excel 2002 Hi What is the best way to lookup a value (i.e. a number) to see whether or not it is in another column of values? I need exact matches only I cant get lookup() to work... With thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe Strangely enough I have now discovered that the function =countif() seems to work quite well! Ship Shiperton Henethe ...

So, I guess I am in need of help with an "IF THEN" statement here... I have 18k records on a sheet. I am trying to 'auto-evaluate' the database - I don't want to send 10 catalogs to 1 address if there are 10 customers. I just want to send 2 for up to 5 customers, 3 for 5+... I don't want to waste that much paper (both capital, and physically, paper). I was hoping I could simply filter down the listings, not from 10 to 1, but from 10 to 3, and from 5 to 2... Does this make sense? Any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks, ...

how do I copy several lines of word text into one excel cell?
In a word doc I need to copy several lines of text and paste them into one excel cell. I can't seem to find any help telling me how to do this (each line pastes into a different cell) You can either double click the cell or press F2 key to get into edit mode for the cell, then the text pasted would all go into the cell. -Simon "jhh" wrote: > In a word doc I need to copy several lines of text and paste them into one > excel cell. I can't seem to find any help telling me how to do this (each > line pastes into a different cell) thank you SO much Simon CC - ...

ScrollIntoView Non-Selected Cell ..?
How do i.. Without selecting it.. ScrollIntoView a Cell.. Say... R120C140 ...? ActiveWindow.ScrollintoView .. but how to find the Document Coords in Pixels of that Cell ..? when Rows/Columns are uneven sized ..? Any Feedback would be Appreciated.. Andrew ;-) sub dk() ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 120 ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 140 End Sub This would put row 120, column 140 in the upper left corner of the screen. "Andrew" <NoToSpam@ReadItYourSelf.com> wrote in message news:BeydnRXlerMJfhLWnZ2dnUVZ8gOdnZ2d@bt.com... > How do i.. >...

Protecting of cells
Hi Can someone help? I have been doing a spreadsheet which has some pretty complex formulas included in it. It will be used by people who don't have a great understanding of excel and all i want them to do is enter a value and allow the program to make the calculations for it. If they delete any formulas it may stuff the whole thing up. My question: Am I able to protect particular cells so that the formulae and content cannot be altered? Thanks Yes. Look up Protection in Help. First you lock the cells to be locked (that's the default), or unlock the cells where they can ...

Tab Jumps 8 Cells
When ever I click on Tab, it jumps over 8 cells. This happpens on all worksheets even new ones. Any ideas? Thanks, Brandon Brandon Have you got Transition navigation keys checked in Tools | Options ? Regards Trevor "Brandon Cramer" <brandon@molalla.net> wrote in message news:1d9a901c45495$e67fc510$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When ever I click on Tab, it jumps over 8 cells. This > happpens on all worksheets even new ones. > > Any ideas? > > Thanks, > > Brandon That worked! Thank you!!!!!!! >-----Original Message----- >Brandon > >Have y...

Searching (Find) in Merged Cells
How can you search in merged cells for text content? The Find Method works on single cells but I can't get it to work on merged cells. William, Excel treats merged cells as if they were the cell at the upper left of the merged area. In VBA: Sub SimpleFind() Dim myCell As Range Set myCell = Cells.Find("find this", , xlValues, xlPart) If Not myCell Is Nothing Then MsgBox "Found in " & myCell.Address Else MsgBox "Not Found" End If End Sub In Excel, simply select all the cells using the select all button to the upper left of A1, then use Ctrl F. HTH, B...

Display Color Hex Values in a DropDownList
How can I populate a DropDownList with the Available Color Hex Values while displaying the Color? I'd like to allow my users a way to set a color profile. Thanks Hello, The problem being exactly ? Is this to get the hex values or to display a color for each item or to enumerate available colors ? You also have ColorDialog (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.colordialog.aspx)... -- Patrice "Dave" <Dave.Burkett@Jacobs.com> a �crit dans le message de news:f8e3e0b5-1b54-49b4-85db-079e8ea7d2bf@19g2000yqu.googlegroups.com... ...

Setting Value Of One Cell Equal To Value Of Selected Cell
Without using VBA - If cell A1=red, A2=white and A3=blue, can I set C1 to be the value of the selected cell so that if A1 is selected, C1 will equal red, if A2 is selected, C1 will equal white, etc.? Thanks, Sheldon Potolsky Sheldon, In a word, no. No worksheet thing comes to mind that works as a function of the active cell. You might want to use some radio buttons or a list box (Forms Toobar or Control Toolbox) instead of cell selection. They'll let you click to make such choices, and you can use formulas that will change a cell value as you wish. -- Regards from Virginia Beach, ...

Promt before changing a value
I was asked the below question by someone and was wondering if you guys have any advise I can relay to him. "I am looking to create something, most likely with VB code, in excel that will pop up a dialog box to warn the user that they are changing the quantity of a part by a more than normal amount. For example, if the current inventory quantity for a specific insert is 10,000, then if that cell is changed by more than 3000, a dialog box will appear to prompt the user to double check their change. So, if that cell is changed to 13,000 or higher, or, 7,000 or lower, the dialog box will ...

Macro to remove contents of cell and move all other contents up one row
I've very lillte or no experience of macros and got some very usefu help from a kind user of this forum a couple of days back and I'm bac looking for more help. Its a bit long winded but here goes. I need a macro which checks the contents of a couple of ranges o cells, starting with the first range of cells lets say it checks cell A4,B4,C4,D4 down to cells A20,B20,C20,D20. Now if for example cell A7,B7,C7 and D7 have values (note the formulas used in these cell means that if A7 has a value then B7,C7 and D7 will also have a valu if A7 is blank then B7,C7, and D7 will be blank) and no...

Excel Cell Format for Numberic Values
When I export data having 20 numeric characters, Excel will put in place a scientifc equation. The numbers are rounded off after 15 characters. Cannot get Excel to display all 20 numeric numbers. Any ideas on how to get Excel to read all 20 numbers in a cell? Hi not possible. Excel only supports 15 significant digits -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4324528D-BBAB-493C-A1B0-EC108BCB6571@microsoft.com... > When I export data having 20 numeric characters, Excel will put in place a > scientifc e...

In excel can you select certain cells which contain the same text
If I have several cells with the same text in them can I filter these out and select them. I know you can do this for formula etc but can it be done for text? try data>filter>autofilter -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "ade" <ade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:937AD9E1-668B-4E32-B194-29146DF0A60A@microsoft.com... > If I have several cells with the same text in them can I filter these out and > select them. I know you can do this for formula etc but can it be done for > text? ...

Restore pick list values
We edited the invoice 'status reason' picklist ( actualy deleted some values ) and modified others. This we have done on other picklists with no problems. However we have noticed that when this attribute is displayed on selection lists the text displayed is not the same as that on the picklist. We now presume there is code behind particular list values and want to restore the old values with the same list value. We have a backup of the DB available through enterprise manager and can see the missing records there in STRINGMAP and STRINGMAPBIT . We are missing values 4,5, 6 and a...

reset the value of a spin button
Q: How can I reset the value of a spin button with out setting off the CHANGE event? I am using Office Pro 2003 and have tried the following with out success: Application.EnableEvents = False spnButton1.Value = VarX Application.EnableEvents = True Option Explicit Private fNoChange As Boolean 'other code Private Sub spnButton1_Change() If Not fNoChange Then 'change code End If End Sub 'more code fNoChange = True spnButton1.Value = VarX fNoChange = False -- HTH Bob "cubbybear3" <n4213l@gmail.com> wrote ...

CRM 1.2 upgrade to CRM 3.0 Worst case scenario
I am trying to upgrade CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0 in SBS 2003 but encountered problems: 1. We're having a hard time to resolve the problems mainly because of the CRM 1.2 being saved and in the CompanyWeb container/site. 2. The Default website is also being used by the Company's corporate website. 3. Can't set the Authentication to "Authentication,NTLM" even after following: 215383 How to configure IIS to support both Kerberos and NTLM authentication in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;215383. It just doesn't seem to take effect even after IIS rese...

Count values either vba or formula
Sample of what I am trying to achieve: Worksheet1: (column A, B, C, D, E) - source data id,primary region, secondary region, tertiary region, status 111,americas,new york, NA, increase 111,americas,canada,NA, increase 111,americas,mexico,LATAM,increase 111,americas,peru,LATAM,decrease 112,europe,france,WEST,increase 112,europe,spain,WEST,decrease 112,europe,uk,WEST,decrease 112,europe,portugal,WEST,decrease etc.... Worksheet2: (contains summary sheet) - summarize data 111,americas,NA, increase, 2 <----- count instances found from worksheet1 111,americas,LATAM,increase, 1 111,americas,LA...

Splitting names from cells
My first question to the hordes of folks better equipped to answer than the people around me. I'm a policy advisor and I only use Excel and Access as they relate to research. I'm trying to figure out if there is a method for splitting first and last names from a cell where both are contained. We have a huge fleet database with thousands of operator names, but when some moron first set up the system, they put entire name (JOHN A DOE) in one cell. Is there a way I can search for the string following the final space, or some such thing, so I can separate the names? Thanks. -- Goe...

In SUM cells the # sign keeps showing instead of total
AYE! my head... i'm sure it is simple, but i cannot get the SUM cells to show the currency amount. instead, the cells keep showing ####### after i enter the formula. can anyone advise me in how to stop this from happening? what's more annoying is that one SUM cell IS working properly. what have i done? thank you! frustrated student Widen the cell size Regards, Peo Sjoblom "fyremunki" wrote: > AYE! my head... > > i'm sure it is simple, but i cannot get the SUM cells to show the currency > amount. instead, the cells keep showing ####### after ...

MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 KNOWN ISSUES / BUG
Hi all, Take 2 at this post as I mashed the keyboard on my last attempt and posted it half the way through! :) Wondering if anyone knows any timeline on Update Rollup 1. I have a few bugs in which when followed up with MS they have simply explained that it is a known issue and they will be realeasing an Update Rollup to address the bugs, mine included. They cannot provide a timeline and I have clients crucifying me over it. Some of the bugs have workarounds, but for sites with a lot of users OR for our hosted clients which are generally remote users that are geographically all over the p...

Re: Changing a block of cells from relative to absolute references
To the kind person that posted VBA code to do this, my thanks. It appears that this is in fact the easiest (read only) way to do this. I sent it to someone that knows a bit more than me about such things (ie something :) ) and they commented ... This is a very nice tidy piece of code and should work quite well... Except missing a vital "End With" :-) Aint it always the way. :) For the sake of completeness and in the hope that it might prove useful for others, here is the code that worked : '**************************** START OF CODE ****************************** Opti...

How do I find an unknown value on a line made from known data?
I'm trying to find an unknown data point (X) by using a set of standards (two sets of data, an X and Y)that have been made into a line graph. Usually I do this manually by graphing the line and printing out a large version and just giving a best estimate to where the point would be. The closest thing I can find that functions in this way is a trendline, but the point found needs to actually be on the line itself, not the trendline. I was wondering if any of you know how to do this using excel because I can't seem to figure it out. Thank you! It sounds as though you need to inte...

Data cells ignored by formula
I am using the following formula =COUNTIF(M3:M13,">0") but it is ignoring cells M7 to M9. I have the same formula and data type in the columns on both sides and they are working fine. What is wrong? Liz, Those cells may actually be text - try reformatting the cells as numbers, then reenter the data in those cells. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP <liz.harper@s-n.com> wrote in message news:1138975265.281409.63180@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... >I am using the following formula =COUNTIF(M3:M13,">0") but it is > ignoring cells M7 to M9. I have the same...

Contents of cell in footer
I want the contents of a specific cell to be in a footer, can I do this? ...

Monthly quantities to Weekly
I have a linked query that shows projected quantities on the first day of each month for that month. It also does not display any other dates except the first date such as ReqDate Qty 1/1/2010 3250 2/1/2010 4500 3/1/2010 3875 I need to break these quantities into weekly buckets and then develop a query that provides a rolling 13 week average query. I can create the query to perform the 13 week rolling average, but I can't seem to create a query to break the quantities into the weekly bucks from the monthly. Any Ideas? ?You'...