Incorrect Number Format

Hi:

   I try to set a cell format "Number" with negative
number display in a (1234.00) layout. Hoever, in Format
Cell, it shows negative number layout as
-1234.00(black)
-1234.00(red)
-1234.00(black)
-1234.00(red)

   (1234.00) is replaced. I try to modify the format
in 'Custom' so that it layout looks like (1234.00). But
my Excel does not recognize it as a number format and the
negative number layout is shown as same as above.

   What can I do???

Thanks

John

0
john3652 (3)

I am not sure what you mean, is this the format you are looking for?

0.00_);(0.00)

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"John Chan" <john@ms.com.hk> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
>    I try to set a cell format "Number" with negative
> number display in a (1234.00) layout. Hoever, in Format
> Cell, it shows negative number layout as
> -1234.00(black)
> -1234.00(red)
> -1234.00(black)
> -1234.00(red)
>
>    (1234.00) is replaced. I try to modify the format
> in 'Custom' so that it layout looks like (1234.00). But
> my Excel does not recognize it as a number format and the
> negative number layout is shown as same as above.
>
>    What can I do???
>
> Thanks
>
> John

0
terre081 (3244)
10/15/2003 2:12:23 AM
Hi:

   The format is 0.00_;-0.00. I try to modify it as
0.00_);(0.00). Excel can change the layout to (1234.00)
but my Excel does not recognize 0.00_);(0.00) as one of
the number formats.

Thanks

John

0
john3652 (3)
10/15/2003 3:06:01 AM
I think this is a windows setting:

In win98:
Windows Start Button|Settings|Control Panel|Regional settings Applet
On the currency tab, change the negative number format.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Userform Textbox Format Problem
I'm having a problem with the formatting of a textbox on a userform. Basically, I have the text box linked to a cell that shows a percentage. However the text box shows the value in the "Scientific" format. Is there a way that I can make the text box show the value exactly as I have it in my workbook? If not, is there a way to format it so that it appears the way I want it to appear? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Maybe you could just drop the linked cell (called the controlsource in a userfor...

CELL FORMATTING #9
WHY IS MY CELL FORMAT AT WORK DISPLAYED PROPERLY AS -1,500.OO IS DISPLAYED AS (1,500.00) AND WHEN i DO IT AT HOME Ii CANNOT GET THE CLOSEST I GOT IS -1,500.00 is there a diffence between the formatting cell options between Excel's programs.. Thanx. Hi Bumpa! Excel takes it from your Windows Regional options. Use: Start > Settings > Control Panel > Regional options Change the negative number format You'll find that you now have () options. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classific...

NUMBER FORMAT #9
CREATE A NEW NUMBER FORMAT SO THAT THE SELECTED DATES WILL APPEAR ONLY AS THE FULL NAME OF THE DAYS OF THE WEEK. ...

Conditional Formatting Problem #7
Is there a way to make conditonal formatting work when there is a formula in the cell? Conditional foramtting works if there is no formula in the cell. If one sheet is linked to another that doesn't work either. Is there a way to get around this? Under conditonal formatting there is a conditon "formula is." What would you put in there to have the cell format they you would like? There are two different things: a) the cell, containing a cell formula, a value or nothing b) the condition, containing a boolean formula (formula is) - b) can refer to a), but a) referring to a...

Can not get Excel macros to save chart format -lost in space!
Help??? I've been searching this forum for 5 days trying to find a problem similar to what I am having without any luck. I have been trying to use Excel macro to record the creation, formating and saving of a simple bar chart against my Excel data range but the macros do not run for the chart. I am able to creat the charts okay but the macro craps out when I run it. I keep getting " Set ActiveChart = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(Chart1)" type errors as if it's not recognizing the chart that I just made. I am an advanced Excel person BUT not so with VB coding. ...

No account number shown in printed checks
Using Money 2007 Deluxe. Printed a series of checks from MS Mmoney this morning, but the account numbers didn't print on the checks. Each of the payees has an account number entered in the appropriate place, in the "Go to Payees" detail listing. Can't figure out what's going on here! Thanks for any assistance. Dave On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 08:37:03 -0700, Dave M. <DaveM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using Money 2007 Deluxe. > >Printed a series of checks from MS Mmoney this morning, but the account >numbers didn't print on the checks. Each of...

Why are my numbers disappearing in excel yet it totals them?
I have a spreadsheet that I have filled out the individual cells with number. These cells are totaling correctly, however when I open the spreadsheet the individual number I entered are showing blank.... I moved my mouse around in the spreadhsheet and all of a sudden the numbers appeared and then disappeared. Check the font color. The default is black. Also check the cell color. Default is "no fill". If the font color was changed to white, you would only see the content after you select the cell. Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! "Donna S...

count number 10-28-07
i have a table, each record lists a different car (so far i have listed 24 different cars) i have a field named quantity where i could have different numbers of different cars if that makes sense. e.g. 5 of a certain audi car, 2 or a certain bmw so on. i want to make a query that will count all the cars in the table. so for the example i made above, though there are 2 different cars, but the answer i wanted is a total of 7. Could any1 provide a step by step guide on how to achieve this in access 07 preferrably in simple terms. Though i am using the 2007 version of access it is sav...

What graphic format?
Are the graphs that Excel make Metafiles, Bitmaps, or are they Vector graphics? -- Siberian ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Siberian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25361 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389050 ...

Conditional Formatting #4
Hello All How would one go about conditional formatting Sheet 2 A1 if Sheet 1 A1 said TRUE ?? Thanks in advance Ian ...

limit number of rows 7 colloms in a worksheet
is there a way to limit or set the number of rows & collums in a worksheet ? thanks david --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "davidbrowne17" <davidbrowne17.ya1sm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:davidbrowne17.ya1sm@excelforum-nospam.com... > is there a way to limit or set the number of rows & collums in a > worksheet ? No. All worksheets have 256 columns by 65536 rows. You can hide unused rows/columns. But why bother? Hi David, Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module. Adjust to suit the area. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Wo...

How to remove dashes and slashes form a sequence of numbers & lett
Hi I have a sequence of numbers in column D and I require to extract just the numbers and letters to column E. D 190/0-01 31-0014 pp7/44-1 uf-744-5 E 190001 310014 pp7441 uf7445 Any pointers would be much appreciated. Kind Regards Celticshadow Put this in E1: =3DSUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(D1,"/",""),"-","") and copy down as required. Hope this helps. Pete On Oct 14, 11:34=A0am, Celticshadow <Celticsha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > > I have a sequence of numbers in column D and I require to extract just th= e > ...

Formatting toolbar disappeared: Reposted, no answer
This issue still has not been resolved. The thread seems to have dropped, so I am reposting it. Below are the previous answers: Thanks, -- df ------------------------------------------------------------- Can't use Word as editor, still using Office 2000. Waiting for next version. HTML is the default mail format. New message | Right click on toolbar | No "Formatting" toolbar is listed. "Standard" and "Customize" are the only choices. That is the problem. Why does it not appear on the list? Thanks, -- df "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Incorrect display
Hi, When I start my program (Access 2007), I use a form with a background picture and nothing else, while the program makes some work (50 seconds) with the data. This work is invisible to the user. The problem is the form don't display correctly. I found a temporary solution that I don't like. I force a message to be written to the form with MsgBox. Then the form and the background picture are ok. Is it another way to achieve that without using MsgBox (because the user must clic on it to close it) ? I use these two lines of code followed by some invisible work to the data. DoC...

Force English formatting
I have an application used by both English and European clients. This is significant because often when European clients are entering Data into the TextBoxes, they will accidentally enter it in the format that they are used to: 1,000.00 in EU formatting = 1.000,00. This of course screws up my whole application. How should I go about safe-guarding this from happening? More Info: What I'm looking for is not a way to safe-guard entering the info in the TxtBox wrong, but more of a way to convert it if it is sitting in the cell wrong upon Worksheet Open... Some European clients enter d...

need some help with: formatting of x2 dates in 1 cell
Hi and thanks to anyone who reads this. I have a worksheet which contains two columns of dates. In a second worksheet i have a column which adds the two dates together as TEXT and ommits dates which are blank which works perfectly, however: I would like to know how i could format each of the 2 dates in the 1 cell to have different font colors? Here is my existing cell formula: =IF('Data'!E2=0,"",(TEXT('Data'!E2,"dd/mm/yy"))&" "&IF('Data'!F2=0,"",TEXT('Data'!F2,"dd/mm/yy"))) I have a feeling its not...

finding differing numbers.
How do I in a column of numbers some in duplication, how can i get a list off the entries which reflects these numbers but not in duplication. ie "numbers" 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 1, 5, 3, 5, 2, 1, 2. "result" 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Thanks Chris Hi one way: - select your column - choose 'Data - Filter Advanced Filter' - choose a new range and 'unique entries' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany curleyc wrote: > How do I in a column of numbers some in duplication, how can i get a > list off the entries which reflects these numbers but not in > duplicat...

Conver General number to Currency
I have a column of numbers in Excel 2003 that are of General type. I need to insert a decimal point two positions in from the right of the existing number. When I do that however by using Format > Cells and changing it to Number with 2 decimal places, or to Currency format, it adds a .00 to the existing number instead of inserting a decimal point into the existing number, e.g., 999955 come out as 999955.00 or $999,955.00 when what I really want it to do is 9999.55 or even $9,999.55. Please help! Put 100 in an empty cell, select the numbers, do edit>paste special and select divide, ...

cell format update problem #2
say, c1, c2 is formatted as text. and a1,a2,b1, b2 are formatted as general. a1=1,a2=2, b1=1, b2 =2 and I entered c1 =a1+b1, c1 shows =a1+a2 as it is, not 3. I drag the corner of c1 and copy c1 to c2, c2 is a2+b2, So I have to F2 and enter all the cells, c1, c2. Is there a way other than "F2" and "Enter"? Consider formating c1 and c2 as general. Good Luck. "news.microsoft.com" wrote: > say, > c1, c2 is formatted as text. > and a1,a2,b1, b2 are formatted as general. > > a1=1,a2=2, b1=1, b2 =2 > > and I entered c1 =a1+b1, > c1 shows...

Two different formats for same document
I print scripts onto 8x5 index cards, landscape. I'd like to be able to print a copy of the script, two pages per sheet, onto 8.5x11 paper for editing purposes. The index card page breaks are important to know in the editing. Any ideas? I use MS Word 2008 for Mac. I can't give you explicit directions without more details but I believe you should find your solution in the Print dialog. There should be nothing you have to change in your document itself. In the Print dialog open the Copies & pages list, select Layout. Choose 2 in the 'Pages per Sheet' lis...

Last Record Numbering
I need to find a way to display in a form text box the highest numerical value entered in any one of four fields for the last record entered. For example: If Field_1 is 0001 Field_2 is 0008 Field_3 is 0005 Field_4 is 0004 When the form is opened, the textbox would display the number 0008. The textbox should display the highest of the four fields of the last record. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200708/1 Already responded to in another newsgroup. It is rarely necessary to post and re-post the same question in multiple ...

removing spaces between the numbers
Hello all! When copying number from Navision account program to Excel, it copies numbers with spaces as text, but not as numerical values. Such value: 1 109 014,08 is copied as text. One possibility to set the number actually to a numerical value is to delete the spaces within the number, so after doing that it looks as 1109014,08. Then i can add, multiply, divide this number with ease. Is there a automatic possibility how remove those spaces? Is there an alterantive? Use Search and Replace - highlight all the cells, then Edit | Replace (or CTRL-H). In the Find box type a single spac...

Negative Number Formats
Can anyone help? I have Excel 2003 and despite setting=20 all regional options correctly and specifying number=20 formats as (99), (=A399) etc I still can't get Excel to=20 display them in parentheses. I seem to remember from=20 Excel XP that you have to install/uninstall=20 certain "foreign" language options but can't remember=20 what. Please e-mail if you have the key! Thanks I'd double check that windows setting: Windows Start button|settings|control panel|Regional Settings Currency Tab|Negative Number Format (that was the path I used in Win98.) Paul Handley wro...

Date Format Changed when convert to Excel
Dear All, there is a problem that when i convert the text file to excel then date formart for the first 12 dates have been changed with "/" sepreator and other remains with "-" that creates a lot of problem please help to reslove the issue. On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:27:06 -0700, Ather <sohail.ather@paktel.com> wrote: >Dear All, > >there is a problem that when i convert the text file to excel then >date formart for the first 12 dates have been changed with "/" >sepreator and other remains with "-" that creates a lot of problem >pl...

Excel 2003 List Formatting
Good Morning. When I enter a new row of record in a List, the values I enter take on the alignment of the headers, which are left indent 1. I would like the values to right indent 2 as I enter the values. How can I do this? Thanks, Ron Instead of entering a blank new row, copy a complete existing row with the correct alignment. Click on the row number above which you want the new row; then hold down Ctrl and press the + key on the numeric keyboard. Then enter the correct data in the pasted row. "Ron_D" <Ron_D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86CE38F9...