Include Totals in Pivot Chart

I am compiling a report on our customer feedback using Pivot Tables an
Pivot Charts.

What I am doing is taking the feedback per region and averaging eac
indicator.

So for arguments sake using "Overall Satisfaction" I get an averag
score of say 8.67 in the midlands and 8.23 in the north and anothe
indicator of say "Value for Money" with an average score of 7.9 and 8.
in the midlands and north respectively. I have no problem show this i
"Clustered Coloumn" Chart where it shows "Overall Satisfaction" for th
Midlands and the North next to each other and the same for "Value fo
Money" but what I am trying to do is show "Overall Satisfaction" fo
the Midlands,North and then the average for the Group next each other
It is basically including the "Total Fields" in the chart.

Hopefully you will understand what I am trying to do.

Thanks
Davi

Anyone Please?! :-

Need to show percentage reduction on bar chart
Hi. I have a chart with two stacked columns on it. Say the values on the left stack are 200, 100, 80 and on the right stack 120, 40, 20. I want to display the totals on top of each stack ie 380 and 180. Secondly to the right of the right hand stack I want to show the percent reduction in each component. So 40%, etc. Is there a way to do these two tasks? Thanks. Put the totals (380, 180) into the worksheet, and add these as a new series. The series will be added as another stack, but right click on it, choose Chart Type, and select a line type to change it. The points are aligned ...

Totalling Columns
I have two columns of figures B2:B22 and C2:C22. I have merged cells B23 and C23 and want to have figure Column C minus Column B showing in this cell. No matter what form I take I can't achieve this. Can anyone help, please. TIA Ed Hi Ed: In the merged cell {B23-C23} enter the formula: =SUM(B2:B22)-SUM(C2:C22) -- Gary's Student "Ed O'Brien" wrote: > I have two columns of figures B2:B22 and C2:C22. I have merged cells B23 and > C23 and want to have figure Column C minus Column B showing in this cell. > > No matter what form I take I can't...

Use Pivot Table to Populate another table dynamically
Hi, I have a pivot table that is pulling from a large table of data with hours and projects for various clients and hours etc. I want to create an invoice that is populated dynamically with the hours and project as they change by client depending on the client filter. Is there anyway to do this? Everything I have tried has not been dynamic. Thanks ...

saving a chart
When I make an excel chart, and save it, then try to later retrieve it, I get back to the spreadsheet and have to start over with a new chart. Can you save a chart with the properties you selected for the chart intact? The only way around this so far is to copy the chart to the clipboard and then open in an image program I am using PAINT for that. What version of Excel are you using? I do not have this problem. "Glenn Vatter" wrote: > When I make an excel chart, and save it, then try to later retrieve it, I > get back to the spreadsheet and have to start over with a ...

Trendlines in Pivot Charts
How do I add a trendline to a chart based on a pivot table? Is it possible Thanks Leroy - Did you try this? Right click on a series, and select Add Trendline from the pop up menu. This works in Excel 2000 and XP (2002), and presumably for 2003 as well; Excel 97 didn't support pivot charts. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Leroy wrote: > How do I add a trendline to a chart based on a pivot table? Is it possible? > > Thanks Jon - I am having a similar problem - I hav...

A "C" in the middle of my chart
There is a "C" or "(" that is showing up in the middle of my Excel bar chart, and I don't know how to get rid of it. Any ideas? Thanks, Em Move the cursor slowly up to the character (it's a textbox) until the cursor changes to the four arrow icon, click once to select the textbox, and press Delete. It might be easier to select the textbox if you select the "Select Objects" button (looks like a cursor arrow) on the Drawing toolbar. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://Peltier...

Table and Chart
I have three variables: Screen (month and year), Eligible (yes/no), and Enrolled (yes/no). Screen starts on March 2005 and will continue for several years to come. I want to create a column chart that shows for each month and year the number of people who were eligible and enrolled. Below is a sample of the data. I think I want something like this: IF A:A = Jan-05, then count B:B and C:C of the same row where A:A is the column for Screen B:B is the column for Eligible C:C is the column for Enrolled Once I have the table I should be able to do the graph. I'm sure though I&...

Creating Bubble Charts
How do you create a bubble chart that displays the legend as a description of the 3rd variable (the bubble size)? For example, how would you create the following bubble chart where the x-axis is column B, y-axis is column C, bubble size is column D and legend is column A? A1: B1:Gross Rev C1:Net Income D1:# of Plants A2:East B2:830,000 C2:35,000 D2:26 A3:West B3:620,000 C3:54,000 D3:13 A4:North B4:150,000 C4:80,000 D4:40 A5:South B5:41,000 C5:15,000 D5:35 Any insight will be helpful! Hi Tina I would create a bubble chart and use one of the following tools for labelling the...

Why is my row truncated in a pivot table?
my source of the pivot table has a data field with 81 words, yet only 44 words show up in the results table. How can I get the entire 81 words in the pivot table? A pivot table cell is limited to 255 characters. There's no setting you can change to increase this limit. mcmunnd1 wrote: > my source of the pivot table has a data field with 81 words, yet only 44 > words show up in the results table. How can I get the entire 81 words in the > pivot table? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

account reconciliation does not show total deposits/checks
hi, this must have been answered before, but i couldn't find it, so here goes. i've got Money 2004, and now Money 2006 (trial version). all i want to do is balance a checking account with my bank statement, and i am used to seeing the total deposits and totals deductions as part of the process. even the Money help file says it should be in the left pane, but...it is not! and it is not present in either version. i couldn't find any settings to change for this. so, this looks like is a major flaw, can anyone help? i don't reallky want to switch to Quicken... thanks, ...

Access 2007 graph/chart
I have created an access graph in Microsoft Office XP Professional using a union query. I have now moved the database into Access 2007. When I look at the graph in design view everything is fine. When I switch to form view, the window around the graph is present but no graph. If I click on the window, the graph appears as seen in design view (correct). How can I make the graph load properly? Is this a focus issue? Would appreciate any help. Thanks. Arnold ...

finding data between two numbers (1000-1999)and totaling correspo.
I have a list of four digit numbers. I need to search the list and any that start with 10.. I have to total the numbers from a corresponding column of all that match this criteria and display it. one way: With 4 digit numbers in A1:A1000, and corresponding column B: =SUMPRODUCT(--(INT(A1:A1000/100)=10),B1:B1000) In article <C4DEBCF8-A553-4D5C-8B22-9251CCE9177D@microsoft.com>, plasticmaker <plasticmaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a list of four digit numbers. I need to search the list and any that > start with 10.. I have to total the numbers fro...

bubble chart
Hi ... Have about 10 bubbles there. Need to format data labels of ALL 10 bubbles at the same time. (I wanna select Alignment > label position > center, that means moving all 10 data labels to the center of the bubbles) Any method that i can do it in one go, without the need to select and format it one by one ? Using Excel 2002. Thanks. Hi, If the bubbles are all different series then no. You can reduce the time by using F4 which will repeat the command. So format one data label and then select another and press F4. Cheers Andy dstdst123@excite.com wrote: > Hi ... > >...

How do I keep chart/data link when copying worksheet
I have a worksheet for each month within a file - each worksheet has data tables, and some charts generated from that data. With Excel 2003, when I copied a worksheet within the same file (for example, to create the July sheet, by copying the June sheet) the charts in the new (copied) July sheet correctly linked to the July data. When I do the same in Excel 2007, the charts in the July sheet link back to the June data instead. I have looked through the options and cannot see how to do this. Is the data on the same sheet as the chart? In 2003, if the chart was on a different worksheet, ...

Using Defined Names in Charts
I am using Office 2002. I am trying to create a chart that has only one Series called Data. The values for DATA is a name called SCROLL_DATA. The name has been defined using the Insert-Name-Define action. The workbook is called Quality Escapes.xls I have entered the following in the values box as I have seen many instruction as follows =Quality Escapes.xls!SCROLL_DATA What am I doing wrong. -- bobburg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bobburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22006 View this thread: http:/...

pivot table row subtotals
Excel 2003 I am pretty good at pivot table but can't figure out how the have subtotals display for my 3rd row field in under my 2nd row field - they only display at the grand total line. Please see the example below. I need to get subtotals for A/P and OP under store 1 and then again under store 2. Also My calculated field do now show up in my grand totals? why not - they should work - the math is valid. thanks!!!! Div Desc Desc Ver Store 1 4 OP A/P 1 OP A/P 2 OP A/P 3 OP A/P Store 1 Total Store 2 5 OP A/P 6 OP A/P 7 OP A/P 8 OP A/P Store 2 Total Move ...

Paste a chart as a link?
Can you paste a chart as a link within the same workbook? I have a large workbook, with a different worksheet for each location. Each of these worksheets has a large data range which I add to each month. Next to the data range I have a corresponding chart. This makes it easy to update the chart each month, by dragging the color-coded range for the entire data series. What I need to do is display all of the charts together in one worksheet. I’ve tried moving them all to a separate worksheet, but then it’s difficult to update them. (no more color ranges) Is there an easier way to ...

Live Charts in PPT 2007
Is it possible to do the following: 1. Create an Excel Spreadsheet in PPT 2. Create a chart from the data in that spreadsheet 3. Link the embedded spreadsheet to the chart so that data changed in the PPT reflects in the chart. 4. In presentation mode, keep the spreadsheet live to that I can change data and have it reflect in the chart without dropping out of presentation mode? I do a lot of sales presentations and I'm hoping to be able to update information on the fly without "going behind the curtain." Thank you. 1. Yes. 2. Yes. 3. Yes. 4. Don'...

Multiple selection in the page area of a pivot table
Is there any way i can have multiple selection check boxes in the page area of a pivot table? ...

Pivot Table question #6
Hi I have a pivot table with some data. When I put in the one of the fields "Costs" in the data area , excel does a count of the costs or if I go in options( Summary) it gives me choices for Sum, % of and etc. But I just want the values of the costs to show up in the pivot table data area but it does not give me that option .. I dont want any summarizing ( COunt, SUm, Min, Max ..etc) It seems I cannot find how to do that. Please help . Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks Yusuf. .. Yusuf, Without knowing the specifics, it's hard to tell whether a pivot tabl...

How do Bar chart where Bar colour changes with different data Valu
hi, I would like to develop a Bar chart, which changes its bar colour for different data values. e.g for a cell format and to change colour of a cell for different values we can use conditional format. Hi, Have a look an Jon's example of conditional charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy Zeeshan wrote: > hi, > I would like to develop a Bar chart, which changes its bar colour for > different data values. e.g for a cell format and to change colour of a cell > for different values we can use conditional format. -- Andy Pope, Micro...

Timeline chart from text containing cells
I have seen great tips here for creating Excel timeline charts from numerical data. My question may be far afield but here it is: is there a way to create a timeline chart from a table organized as follows: 1) Years 2004 to 2009 as column headings, columns B-G 2) Product descriptions as row titles in column A 3) keywords (such as "RE", "EX", "FS") in the intersecting cells Can Excel convert these key words to distinctive symbols (such as a square bullet, round bullet, diamond shaped bullet) and create a timeline chart? So it's like a Gantt chart with...

How do I create new default color settings for charts in Excel?
I do not like the default color settings for my charts in Excel. I always end up modifying them extensively. I'd like to make as few changes as possible when my charts are created. Can I set new color defaults for charts created in Excel? Hi, You can set the colours for chart lines and fill. Menu Tools > Options. On the Color tab is a set of colours for Line and Fill. Cheers Andy pro user wrote: > I do not like the default color settings for my charts in Excel. I always end > up modifying them extensively. I'd like to make as few changes as possible > when my char...

Pivot Table Problem #4
I have a workbook that contains 10 separate sheets. Each sheet has data that is arranged in 3 columns with the same column labels and same type of data. I want to create a pivot table that will consolidate all 10 of the data sets. I am able to do this using the multiple range functionality but it does not produce the results I am looking for. I have tried changing the layout multiple ways to no avail. It will if I do one pivot table for each but then I would need to merge all of the individual Pivot Tables which I can not seem to do. What I want is this: Columns a,b,c of each sheet hav...

chart hide number in Y axis
Hello I would like to do the following : in the axis of a graph : show the numbers from 1-100, hide the numbers 100-500 and show 500-600 I have been trying to format the axis but there is no option for this I think the only way might be to work wity a secondary y axis Any suggestions ? cheers Petra - Do you want to break the axis between 100 and 500? Try my example: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html or a similar example on Tushar Mehta's site (http://tushar-mehta.com). Do you want to keep the axis, complete with tick marks and the proportional spaci...