In Excell--- I want to rotate a table 90 degrees

I need to rotate a spreadsheet (11 x 8 1/2)landscape to
be on a portrait (8 1/2 x 11).

Is it possible to rotate a spreadsheet?

you mean actually print it with what shows as the columns
being the rows and vice versa?

highlight the original table and as you have the last
cell highlighted, note in the NAME box on the upper left
the Row x Column numbers.

Select a range on another sheet that is exactly the flip
of those numbers (in other words, stretch until you get
the Row x Column to be the Column x Row of the original
size).  When you have selected this new range, type
=TRANSPOSE(highlight the original area, making sure it's
the exact same size that you first checked).
Ctrl+Shift+Enter.

Done

Select the area you wish to transpose. Then Copy (CTRL-C)
and from the Edit Menu select Paste Special. Place your
cursor in the cell where you want the results to go. Click
the checkbox opposite Transpose and then click the OK
Button.

Excel 97 dropdown function box
The dropdown function box on the Formula Bar show formulas but will no longer show "More Functions". How can I get this item back? ...

String Table (VC6 IDE)
I have strings in English language in the "String Table" of my project (myProject.rc). I'm loading them using: CString msg; msg.LoadString(150); Now, I need to internationalise my app. How can I do that? How can I add support for multiple languages? Which is the best way to do that? >I have strings in English language in the "String Table" of my project >(myProject.rc). I'm loading them using: > >CString msg; >msg.LoadString(150); > >Now, I need to internationalise my app. How can I do that? How can I add >support for multiple lang...

Controlling printed records when report bound to multiple tables
I created a report that uses the control from a form to generate a report based on that record's primary key. This form also has a subform which has relationships tied to the primary key for record identification and is linked to the main table. When preview the report the data from the subform either does not show up in the preview when using the filter [control]=[form]![control].[value] or makes multiple copies of the report equal to the number of entries in the subform's table. Is there any way around this? I have tried queries but have not found a way to use a f...

generate report thru pracle to excell
Recently i upgraded to ms office 2003 since then I'm not able to generate reports thru oracle unto excell (online ). But when I log in an administrator in the local system I'm able to generate the report. the same does not happen with domain users ...

Vertical Header in Excel
Is there a way to make a header in excel run down the side of the spreadsheet (vertical header)? You can freeze panes so that certain columns are always visible. Is that what you meant? If yes, then make sure the column(s) that should be visible is showing. Then select the column to the right and window|Freeze Panes (in xl2003 menus) For instance if I wanted column A to be always visible, I would make sure column A is visible to start. Then select column B and window|freeze Panes. On 05/18/2010 09:09, Erika wrote: > Is there a way to make a header in excel run do...

finding the area under the curve in a graph in excel
Need help having excel calculate the total area under the curve of a graph in excel. Have a look at Bernard Liengme's website: http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/ HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Need help having excel calculate the total area under the curve of a graph in >excel. >. > ...

Excel 2003 file freezes laptop
I took a laptop away from the office and tried to open a large spreadsheet on the local C: drive. Each time I tried the laptop froze and had to be rebooted. When I connected back to the LAN at work, and opened the same file on the local C: drive I had no problems. What could cause this? If there is any corruption is there a way to decompile or something as you would in Access? Thanks, Mich ...

How to slant cells in Excel on top of chart at about 45 degrees
Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree angle with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? ckricci Wrote: > Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree > angle > with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? HI ckricci Try Format > Cells > Alignment Tab and set the Orientation to 45 degress -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2...

Pasting Graphs as Pictures in Excel
In an attempt to save file size, I would like to use paste special to past Excel graphs as pictures within Excel. I know you can paste special as pictures within PPT, but is it possible to do it within Excel???? Not sure if that can be done, what I do is cop the graph, open mspaint paste, select it again copy and paste back into excel, it does it as an image -- -John Please rate when your question is answered to help us and others know what is helpful. "andy.hogan@gmail.com" wrote: > In an attempt to save file size, I would like to use paste special to > past Excel gra...

Displaying a dataset or datatable in Excel
There's something I think ought to be easy, but I can't find a way to do it. Either there's something wrong with the way I'm searching, or there's a reason it can't be done easily. What I want is to create an excel addin that, when the user opens a spreadsheet , it goes out and fetches some data from a database, and displays it in a table. Pretty straightforward. Here's some code: void Application_WorkbookOpen(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Workbook wb) {//I've also attached this to other events. The "open" event isn't...

Syntax for Re-registration of Excell
Windows 2000, Excel v8. Does anyone know the syntax for re-registration with Windows? We get a file already open error every time we launch a SS without opening the app first. Had a similiar problem with Word and fixed it with Winword /r. Thanks! Hi first you may check: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > Windows 2000, Excel v8. Does anyone know the syntax for > re-registration with Windows? We get a file already open > error every time we launch a SS without opening t...

Data changes when Analyzed with Excel
I have a query with 3 tables that represent master item list, count qty and as qty. When I look at the results in Query, all is well and accurate yet when I select Analyze with Excel, values change. For example, if a record shows zero qty in the as of field and zero quantity in the count field, I get a value in one or both of the fields that origianlly were zero. Other than linking the tables and grouping by master item list (to show all parts regardless of qty's), there are no formulas or expressions in this query. One of the tables is linked to a FoxPro table via ODBC driver. ...

Recovery excel file
Anybody knows if there is any free tools to recover a advanced excel file (using macro, graphics, formulas, and several formats)???????? Tks, Marcelo Rayol ...

Printing in excel always comes out in bold even tho bold not on
When I print in excel my work always comes out in bold even though the bold is not switched on. Any suggestions?? It could be a printer setting. Does it print in bold from other applications? Regards, Fred "Scarlett50" <Scarlett50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF3BAEA1-4D22-449E-BB8F-31DD8855AF20@microsoft.com... > When I print in excel my work always comes out in bold even though the > bold > is not switched on. Any suggestions?? No only when I have to type a report in excel - the actual report is ok on other computers! but...

Powerpoint with Excel formatted information
My team has an excel file with Text and Icons in a status report format. We use it to copy and insert paste into Powerpoint. After copying into Powerpoint, I try to select it and edit but powerpoint gives an error that says: "There isn't enough memory available to read the Excel file" Other team members use this same excel template and powerpoint and they can edit the information after it is copied to powerpoint. And I can use their files and they work fine. Only one team member has this issue so somehow this person's excel file is using a massi...

how do I open excel workbook If i forget my workbook password
I made programm with a lot of formuals so I've put password on the workbook, because I did not wanted to earase formulas accidently,but now I can't open it because I forget the password. Thanks for help Hi search Google for 'Excel password remover' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "av8rart" <av8rart@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D2443918-FEF4-41E6-92C4-9B19A293778A@microsoft.com... > I made programm with a lot of formuals so I've put password on the workbook, >...

Excel calculates wrong ????
I have had no luck figuring this out... I have a list of 8 positive and negative numbers that 2 decimal place each. The numbers sum to zero confirmed by a calculator, however exce sums them to (2.55654899E12). I do not know why excel calculates the with a small value left that is denoted by scientific notation. I checked the value of each number to ensure that it did not includ any extra decimals, and I even re-typed them. I have had this happen with several other lists of numbers that are n brainers to calculate, and excel added extra scientific notation to th total. I have no idea why ...

Output to excel ==> replace worksheet
Usually out to excel will replace a workbook.Can we make it to replace worksheet only.Thank's "shiro" <shiro@myname?.com> wrote in message news:umONlZiRIHA.4584@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Usually out to excel will replace a workbook.Can we make it > to replace worksheet only.Thank's How about, just replacing the contents of a cell, or cells? Dim appXL As Object Dim wkb As Object Dim wks As Object Set appXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application") Set wkb = appXL.Workbooks.Open("C:\MyFolder\MyWorkBook.xls") Set wks = wkb.Worksheets(1) wks.Cell...

IN EXCEL, WHEN I CLICK ONA SINGLE CELL It HIGHLIGHTS WHOLE Page
please help Hi maybe: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:36180425-96C2-4368-9DE0-3E60741154FF@microsoft.com... > please help Just click on a cell and nothing else? Or perhaps you mean click on a cell then as you move the cursor around other cells are selected like the cursor is stuck? If the former, you must have some event code which selects the cells or you are clicking on the gray box at intersect of rows and columns(top left above ro...

pivot table %
I have 2 columns in a pivot table - decription and amount. I need to calc a % of each value of the total. I don't know how to do that. ...

if value not found in table ?
Hello all I need to display a msgbox if a value is not found in a table. Something like: If value not_in table.field then msgbix end if I know that code wont work is just an ilustration of what i am looking for Thanks in advance Use DLookup() to see if the value is in the table. If it's not found, the result will be Null. So, use IsNull() to test the result. Here's how to get your Dlookup() expression working: Getting a value from a table: DLookup() at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access us...

Conversion Errors Table
Hello, I'm new to working with Access, I just converted an Access 97 databas into Access 2002. It tells me there were errors, and to look at th Conversion Errors Table. But nowhere in the message or in the MS Hel is there anything telling me where to find this table. Can someon help? Thanks Patric -- psha ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pshaw's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=493 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=125029 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i I'd expect to find it in the new...

excel v4
Does anyone know when Version 4 of Excel was introduced and/or retired http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/index.htm -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:042201c39e64$4f4d9ab0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know when Versi...

help with Excel Chart, Series name
Hello, I am using ORACLE OLE2 package to print a series bar graph in excel. I need to rename "Series Name" that comes out in as a char in excel. By defual the series are names as Series1, Series2, Series3,.....SeriesN. How can I access the handle to "Series Name" which help me change its name. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks you, Bilal Bilal, Manally, you do this with Chart - Source data - Series tab. There's a series name box. Select the series to be edited in the drop-down at the left first. It may have a cell reference currently in it, or you can...