In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/april/04) data converts.

In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/April/2004) excel converts this to
4/10/04 (4/October/2004) Where can I change the input characteristics.
I have changed the date format to English (UK) and this works when I input
the date in the American format mm/dd/yy but I want to input in the dd/mm/yy
format
0
David4882 (672)

I think I'd try chaning my windows regional settings.

In win98, I'd get to it via:
Windows start button|Settings|control Panel|regional settings applet
Date Tab

Change the short date format to dd/mm/yyyy (I like 4 digit dates--you don't have
to use that part--but put it in dmy order.)

This affects other programs--so keep an eye out.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

excel database 25,000 plus names #2
I am working with a database i set up in excel. It has over 25,000 names, total size of file is 274mb. If i transfer all my data from an excel database to access, will i work faster. Right now it takes forever to open and save. I am told it is not my computer. any tips??? -- mikedipaol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikedipaola's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55465 ...

Count If Formula #4

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Excel button problem

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Excel 97 #9

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Columns #4
My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Hi Me! I'm just guessing what you mean. Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D9050B-079C-476D-B5B6-84445F60EA51@microsoft.com... > My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Another gue...

data sort

learning Excel #3

Pulling data from separate tabs

Excel VBA

Converting Formula into Numbers?
With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same number)? -- Emp-Designer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emp-Designer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37564 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571948 Emp-Designer a �crit : > With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into > straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same &...

predict future data