In Excel, how do I only add numbers in a row that are over 0?

In my monthly spreadsheet, I have 31 rows and 8 columns in which I have both
negative and positive numbers.  Each row must have a total to the right, but
I only want the positive numbers to be taken into account.  However, the
negative numbers are not always in the same column.  Any way I can do this?
Thank you!
0
Lollycat (7)

use <sumif> see help

Lollycat <Lollycat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In my monthly spreadsheet, I have 31 rows and 8 columns in which I have
both
> negative and positive numbers.  Each row must have a total to the right,
but
> I only want the positive numbers to be taken into account.  However, the
> negative numbers are not always in the same column.  Any way I can do
this?
> Thank you!

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 07:00:03 -0700, "Lollycat"
<Lollycat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>In my monthly spreadsheet, I have 31 rows and 8 columns in which I have both
>negative and positive numbers.  Each row must have a total to the right, but
>I only want the positive numbers to be taken into account.  However, the
>negative numbers are not always in the same column.  Any way I can do this?
>Thank you!

=SUMIF(rng,">0")

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)
7/30/2005 2:21:17 PM
try

=SUMIF(B3:I3,">0",B3:I3)

where b3:I3 are the range you are testing and summing.

Ruthki
Ruthki's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24503
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391529

Thank you very much!!

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 07:00:03 -0700, "Lollycat"
> <Lollycat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >In my monthly spreadsheet, I have 31 rows and 8 columns in which I have both
> >negative and positive numbers.  Each row must have a total to the right, but
> >I only want the positive numbers to be taken into account.  However, the
> >negative numbers are not always in the same column.  Any way I can do this?
> >Thank you!
>
> =SUMIF(rng,">0")
>

> --ron

0
Lollycat (7)
7/30/2005 3:10:02 PM
I just read this. How about adding the negative numbers?

"Ruthki" wrote:

> try
>
> =SUMIF(B3:I3,">0",B3:I3)
>

> where b3:I3 are the range you are testing and summing.

> Ruthki
> Ruthki's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24503
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391529

0
Knold10 (1)
11/20/2005 2:15:03 AM
Just reverse that inequity sign:

=SUMIF(B3:I3,"<0",B3:I3)

Knold10 wrote:

> I just read this. How about adding the negative numbers?
>
> "Ruthki" wrote:
>

> > try
> >
> > =SUMIF(B3:I3,">0",B3:I3)
> >

> > where b3:I3 are the range you are testing and summing.

> > --
> > Ruthki
> > Ruthki's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24503
> > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391529

--

Dave Peterson
0

=SUMIF(B3:I3,"<0")

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

> Just reverse that inequity sign:
>
> =SUMIF(B3:I3,"<0",B3:I3)
>

> Knold10 wrote:
>>
>> I just read this. How about adding the negative numbers?
>>
>> "Ruthki" wrote:
>>

>> > try
>> >
>> > =SUMIF(B3:I3,">0",B3:I3)
>> >

>> > where b3:I3 are the range you are testing and summing.

>> > --
>> > Ruthki
>> > Ruthki's Profile:
>> > http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24503
>> > View this thread:
>> > http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391529
>> >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
terre081 (3244)

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Find and Replace Footnote Numbering
I often have documents where I need to put formatting before or after the footnote number for every footnote, often for hundreds of footnotes...anyone know how I can do this in one shot? I know I can specify ^f in find and replace, but only in the find portion...it gives an error if you put it in replace. ...

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

hide a row
I have a worksheet with information in column A and B. If Column B has no information I want to do nothing, but if there is something in Column B, I would like to hide the row. Is this possable in an if statement? Hi not possible with a formula. This would require VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bob" <bobolah@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OSOK8hisEHA.2556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have a worksheet with information in column A and B. > > If Column B has no information I want to do nothing, but if there is > something in Column B, ...

Auto transfer of row
I have a list of components to be ordered in each row is a cell with order number entered in it. What I want is to copy the row to anothe sheet (which is to be displayed at goods) when the order number i entered in that cell. Is this possible? many thanks for any help -- alanle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alanled's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57297 this could be acheived by using VLOOKUP function. if you want a perfect soluti...

learning Excel #3

random number generator
Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a random order for those? Use the RAND() function. If 1-10 are in A1:A10, enter =RAND() in cell B1 and copy it down through B10. Recalc (F9), then sort by column B. Hope this helps, Hutch "pat67" wrote: > Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a > draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a > random order for those? > . > You would have to generate 10 random numbers ...

Excel VBA

Converting Formula into Numbers?
With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same number)? -- Emp-Designer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emp-Designer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37564 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571948 Emp-Designer a �crit : > With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into > straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same &...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

number format with leading 0