In excel how do I delete an option button form already in worksht

0
run (1)

Hi Va Run,

Try:

    Activesheet.Shapes("Option Button 1").Delete

Change the name of the control to accord with your situation.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Va run" <Va run@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
normanjones (1047)

Importing to Excel from ASCII
I'm trying to export to excel from an SQL based spreadsheet. I believe it's ASCII CRLF. Sometimes when I open it as is, it will bring up the Text Import Wizard, but then others it does not. And of course it all gets jammed into one cell so I can't do anything with it. Please Help!! Thnx, Greg Currie If a text file has the CSV extension Excel will parse it automatically (looking for commas as the delimiters). Otherwise Excel will open the TIW from which you can parse the file by specifying the delimiters, etc. If a file is not parsed for any reason (like it doesn't ...

attaching a macro to a control button in the Quick Access Toolbar
Excel 12, WXP I have a macro that I used a lot in Excel 11 and I would like to use it in Excel 12. I have put a button (form control) on the Quick Access Toolbar and I want to attach the macro to it. Help says to right click on the control and choose "assign macro" but when I right click on the control I don't get that choice. Can't find any help for this question in VB editor either. It describes how to put a command button on the worksheet itself, but no way to assign a macro that is in the Quick Access Toolbar. Any suggestions? See http://www.rondebruin.nl/ima...

excel charts #14
i have a chart set up to chart data calculated from a formula, if no data is entered into the formula the chart plots that perticlar date as zero. How do set it up so nothing is plotted unless a value has been input? try this configure the formual so that blanks are enterd as #N/A "matsuda" <matsuda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16E56FCB-FCE0-4618-8CB0-DC74B1A53D6B@microsoft.com... > i have a chart set up to chart data calculated from a formula, if no data is > entered into the formula the chart plots that perticlar date as zero. How do > set...

Error when I try to delete messages
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C549A3.5919FF20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I delete any message from any folder or pst, I get the error: "This item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, = or=20 access was denied." The message gets deleted but the error pops up every time. Anybody know how to fix this? I'm running Outlook 2003, SP1, no Exchange = Server. Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C549A3.5919FF20 Content-Type: text/html; ...

POP3 server, messages NOT deleted from the server
I use Outlook 2002 with a POP3 server. I choose the option "Leave on the server" with the additional option "Remove when deleted from Deleted items". This doesn't work and none of the messages I receive are deleted from the server and all remain there. When I use other email tools, I don't have this problem. I have also installed service pack 3 and it still continues to have this problem. >-----Original Message----- >I use Outlook 2002 with a POP3 server. I choose the >option "Leave on the server" with the additional >option "Rem...

Deleted User Account
I�m hoping that perhaps you might be able to help me with a deleted user account issue I�m having on Exchange 2003. I accidentally deleted a user account and now I�m having problems recovering that user�s email. I recreated the user account, went into exchange system manager and reconnected the mailbox store to the new account. But now when I try to access the email account it doesn�t recognize the password although the user can log onto the server. TIA <abc123> wrote in message news:lutmp0hk7jjbn2nk1h22v7qp3u0jb5rgnv@4ax.com... > I'm hoping that perhaps you might be a...

Remove OWA log off button
Does anyone know how to remove the OWA Log Off button? We are using ssl appliances that handle that for us, and when the owa logoff is used the cached credentials from the ssl allow for users to just hit back and get back in. EX 2003 I guess you could decompile the code and modify it yourself, or pay Microsoft a bazillion dollars to make a special version for you. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Jake" <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:999AB24F-EFCA-4373-8E81-A046767FA67A@microsoft.com... &...

Excel VBA
Hi All, I want to be able to use a msgbox that asks a person what date it is? When the person enters say 19/08/04 and presses ok, another spreadshee willl now have this date entered. What im trying to do is in the end is be able to write the date in an sleect a task. So each time i do a task i can say what day and how man times. Any help would be great Im novice at best.: -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try something like the following: Sub foo() Dim res_value Dim target_wks As Worksheet Set target_wks = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Tabelle2") Do res_value...

Email Track in CRM button missing sporadically
I have a customer that on one pc, sometimes when he creates an email in Outlook, the Track in CRM button does not show up on the email form. Later, when he creates another email, the button might be there or might not. Has anyone else seen this or have any suggestions on what might cause this problem? We have uninstalled and reinstalled the Outlook client as well as the update rollup 2. Thanks, -Rick M. ...

Excel cell problem #2
I have a workbook I have created (I am a novice), which for some reason, when I want to add or delete a cell in ANY column, I no longer have the option to shift cells up or down, it will only allow me to shift the entire row up or down. Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong here? I have some formulas set up to keep counts for me, nothing real special. Thanks in advance. -- Thanks Steve Have you applied Data|filter to that worksheet? Try data|filter|show all (to see everything) then try it out. Steve wrote: > > I have a workbook I have created (I am a novice), which for so...

Cannot delete Sent Items
I am trying to clean up about 2000 messages in a users "Sent Items" folder. I've tried highlighting one or more items and clicking on the delete button and I get no response. I've also right clicked on just one and selected delete and still nothing. Anybody have any suggestions as to what may be happening. Thanks Monty ...

Map projection as an Excel chart
Can I download Excel chart based on a map projection? ...

Inserting Excel Data into Word Columns
Hi, I am fairly new to VBA and Excel/Word and have been trying to automat a sheet we have, I have created the Excel Sheet and unfortunately th Word doc was created sometime ago and cannot be changed. I have searched this forum and found this code: Code ------------------- Sub CreateNewWordDoc() ' to test this code, paste it into an Excel module ' add a reference to the Word-library ' create a new folder named C:\Foldername or edit the filnames in the code Dim wrdApp As Word.Application Dim wrdDoc As Word.Document Dim i As Integer Set wrdApp = CreateObject(&qu...

Permanently deleting mail from deleted items folder?
Any one found a way of permanently deleting obvious junk mail from deleted items folder yet or is there any Knowledge Base article on it yet beyond the one which say that this facility in Office or Outlook doesn't work properly? Generally, emptying the Deleted Items folder permanently deletes the contents. I'm curious, which KB article are you referring to that "say that this facility in Office or Outlook doesn't work properly"? Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-DTS -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fi...

excel edit
Hi all. I'm trying to open an excel sheet in IE. it opens but the edit,view,favorites tabs are greyed out. Only file opens up. User has rights, as we tested this on another machine and it works there. Using the latest IE and updating office to the latest service packs. This machine has adobe acrobat full 6.0 and the others dont. if that makes any diffrence. Maybe you could just have MSIE open the excel file directly in excel. How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office Documents in the Appropriate Office Program Instead of in Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/?scid...

Can anyone tell me how to do a mail merge from Excel?
I have loaded 388 entries and now cannot figure out how to print to labels. Some have told me I had to copy and export from Word, but I don't understand how to do that. Help! BJS, If you Google "Mail Merge from Excel to Word" you will get lots of sites that will give you a step by step with screen captures. huber57 "BJS" wrote: > I have loaded 388 entries and now cannot figure out how to print to labels. > Some have told me I had to copy and export from Word, but I don't understand > how to do that. Help! Saved from a previ...

How do I save an excel spreadsheet in pdf format (Office 2002)
I've done this before, but in a different environment. Not sure if I've forgotten how, or if it's not supported in this version. Thanks It has never been supported although there are add-ins that install printer drivers that will save as PDF primopdf is a free one then adobe acrobat (not the reader) has of course this and Office 12 will have it built in -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Shaundee" <Shaundee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F09C8D8-1F35-491B-8A4C-781E57C35D53@microsoft.com... > I've done this b...

Excel Formulae
how can a hundreds of numbers in a worksheet be adjusted by the same percentage Ray, You can use Paste Special to do this. For example, to increase every number by 15%, enter 1.15 in some empty cell and copy that cell. Then select the cells that you wish to change. Go to the Edit menu, choose Paste Special, and there choose the Multiply option. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Ray G" <ray_garthwaite@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1ca701c38855$de4fdf40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > how can a hundreds of numbers in a w...

Filter Form Records button
I'm working with a form that displays all records, but has a filter button to show only a certain year, or all (*). Once prompted for the year in the messagebox, hitting cancel returns me to the form but with NO records showing. How can I hit cancel and have it go back to the form, displaying whatever records it was before hitting the filter button? Here's my current button code: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Private Sub btnFindStyle_Click() On Error GoTo Err_btnFindStyle_Click Dim msg, Style, Title, myResponse msg = "Enter Year...

Excel 2003 Upgrade
If I only have Microsoft Works Suite 2004, and I purchase the Excel 2003 upgrade, will I get the full functionality of Excel, or just an upgraded Works spreadsheet program? I went to the Microsoft site, and it states that Works Suite 2004 qualifies for Excel 2003 upgrade eligibility, but I am not really sure what that means. Thanks. Steve ...

Opening .xls file "outside" Excel not showing
Hi all. This is kind of weard, but here it goes: when I open workbook from Excel (file -> open) it works just fine, but... When I'm trying to open the same workbook via "link", for example double clicking the file from windows explorer -> Excel opens, but the file is not visible. And when I choose: view -> full screen -> it comes visible. Do you have any idea what is wrong? System is Win XP pro and Office XP. This happens to all .xls files... TIA Regards, Alfred Hi Alfred, Try the following steps: 1. Exit Excel 2. From Start, Run. Enter the command: "excel...

Data Connection: Access Query to Excel How to get rid of header ro
Hello. I have created a data connection in Excel to an Access query. It does exactly what I need however the header rows of the query are imported as well and all I want are the data in the simplest way possible. Thanks in advance. It depends on how you setup the data connection. If you're doing it in VBA using ADO and a reference to the query, the default is to not import the field headings. If you're doing it without VBA, using Get External Data on the Data ribbon in Excel 2007 you'll get the headings. Here's a short example using Micros...

Counting current form
I have a problem I would like solving ,but a I am not sure where to start. I have 20 rows and 40 columns of three definite results. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12............40 John J j K j m M m M k K J J Martin k K K j M K J j J k K K Peter J j J k K K k K K j M K I would like to count the highest consecutive run of K or k and the highest consecutive run of J or j. I tried the CountIf function but as I said I do not where to start. Thanks Assuming the codes are in the same row =MAX(MMULT(--(A5:K5=A13),(TRANSPOSE(ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&COUNT(--(A5:K5=A13)))) )>=ROW(INDIR...

remove filter on a form when closing
Hi All, I have form "frmRecipes" that can be called from two different places: from a button on a form named "frmUserRecipes" and from a button on the main switchboard. From "frmUserRecipes" I use this code to take me to a specific record: DoCmd.OpenForm "frmRecipes", acNormal, , "FoodCode=Forms!frmUserRecipes!OLDRNUM" This works fine. If I use the button on the switchboard I get prompted for "Forms!frmUserRecipes!OLDRNUM" when "frmRecipes" opens. I need it to open on the first record in this instance - no filter. I...

Easy access-button to Access-database in Excel
Hello, we have made an excel-sheet which is connected to an access-database with the add-on template-guide (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=E01EA3D8-094D-4ED1-88DA-F4B8B2AD28BD). It is working fine but we would like there to be a button which is linked to the access-database connected with this sheet or at least a cell which has the path to the file. Does anybody know if this is possible? Kind regards, Chris You can use the Macro Recorder to record a macro while going through the steps manually to access the database. Then, create a drawing obj...