In Excel how do i automatically replace a number with a phrase if.

I need to set my spread sheet so if a specific number in a colum appears it
is replaced with a a warning in words
0
Adamb1 (1)

Hi
not exactly what you're looking for but why not use 'Format - Conditional
Format' to highlighzt such cells

"Adamb" wrote:

> I need to set my spread sheet so if a specific number in a colum appears it
> is replaced with a a warning in words
0
frank.kabel (11126)
10/13/2004 12:51:06 PM
I'd use an adjacent cell:

=if(b1=12345,"Hey, it's a neat number,"")

format it bold/red and it'll get the user's attention right away.

(If it's different from 12345, the cell will look empty.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

How do I create a sample in Excel?

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Date display in Excel

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Mail will not Send/Receive automatically
I have outlook set up to send/receive every minute but it suddenly stopped doing so. Anyone have ideas why? Robin Several. For starters, a one minute polling interval is just nuts. It is difficult to determine why automatic polling is failing when you do not post your mail account type, connection type and polling settings. If automatic polling once worked and now fails, you also need to examine what changes were made to your setup before automatic polling stopped working. In general, here are the reasons automatic polling might fail in Outlook: 1. You have created an unrealistic po...

Add rows automatically? Accordion
Is there a way to automatically add/show rows that have data? I have a data entry sheet. Then I have a report. The report pulls data from the entry sheet. If there is no data for a specific line/row item, is there a way to automatically hide or not show the row(s) with no data? Thanks Thanks can I have more than one autofilter on a sheet? Sloth wrote: > Use the filter function > Select the data and click on... > Data->Filter->Autofilter > This should make an arrow appear at the top of the data (in the header row). > click the arror and select "Nonblanks"....

Updating a chart Automatically

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

limit the number of outgoing messages
Hi, who can I limit the number of concurrent outgoing messages? for example: if I have a queue of 1000 messages, how can I force exchange to send only 50 messages at a time? ...

Automatic changes in cells

Format for credit card numbers

Excel error 1706

Mail merge from excel
I am trying to merge a list of names from excel into publisher. When using the mail merge wizard it wont let me load the names all it says is f1 and f2. what am I doing wrong? any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Excel Jululian 04-24-10
Good morning please help i have a lists of names and i want to separate each in a colum like You Light Up My Life197711 You Light Up My Life (in one colum "A") 1977 (in one colum "B") 1 (in one colum "C") 1 (in one colum "E") regards First many thanks on your reply the text are different in length regards "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote: > 'Data' > 'Text to Columns' > 'Next' > mark/un-mark the vertical separators as > shown in the picture > 'Finish' >...

Cartier Men's Santos Galbee XL Automatic Stainless Steel and 18K Gold Watch #W20099C4
Price:$6,725.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000SBL73U Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000SBL73U I bought this watch and have been disappointed with its performance. The first piece was defective and the dealer replaced the inside mechanism when nothing else worked. Now I find that even if I wear the watch for whole day and take it off for the night, it stops working by about 9 in morning next day. The dealer has yet to find a solution for this. I bought the watch in India. When I tried to get help from the Paris office of the company, I got shu...

Opening Excel email attachments
When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find suitable program.I then go online to find Excel but only get Uopdates. PC is XP version with Works Suite 2002. A fe months back my dear wife was downloading Excel an got board with waiting and shut down the PC! Any suggestions. Thanks Karl Hi there's no legal way to download Excel!! You have to buy< an Excel version and install it on your PC (or try to open the file with MS Works - but live with the restricted functionality) >-----Original Message----- >When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find >suitable progra...