In excel can you randomly select lines from another tab to post?

I am looking for a way to randomly select lines from a list of items for
work. Is there a way to perform this function in excel?

Lets say you have a list of 15 items.
=INDEX(A1:A15,RANDBETWEEN(1,15))

Pressing F9 will generate a new random value from your list. Note that
RANDBETWEEN requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"qwibble" wrote:

> I am looking for a way to randomly select lines from a list of items for
> work. Is there a way to perform this function in excel?

Invalid Account on the Security Tab
I deleted an account from AD, and it was listed under the security tab of my server (in ESM), to have full mailbox rights to the information store. I tried removing the inherited permissions, and removing the acct. The I set the inherited permissions back, and the invalid acct. comes back. Does anyone know how I can remove this invalid acct. from the security tab? Thanks. Remove it from the top-level where it was granted permissions. When you set inherited permissions and the account comes back, that means that that account has been granted permissions at a higher level. If you'v...

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

POST or GET?

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Pulling data from separate tabs

learning Excel #3

random number generator
Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a random order for those? Use the RAND() function. If 1-10 are in A1:A10, enter =RAND() in cell B1 and copy it down through B10. Recalc (F9), then sort by column B. Hope this helps, Hutch "pat67" wrote: > Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a > draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a > random order for those? > . > You would have to generate 10 random numbers ...

Excel VBA

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Strange Tab Key Behavior
I have a userform with about 20-30 textboxes. When users use the ta key to navigate, it will work, then all of a sudden just stop. The ta stays inside the textbox and tabs over spaces inside the userfor textbox, but it does not jump to the next box. This seems to b intermittent, if the user restarts the form, it goes away, bu eventually it sometimes returns to this weird behavior. Has anyon come across this, i am puzzled?? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com There's a tabkeybehavior property that sounds like is set to true for some and false for others. If you select t...

Formula for cross tab data filling