importing web page

instead of using this to go to a website how would i import it into excel.

Sub test()
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink _
Address:="http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=AAAA&d=c&t=1d&l=on&z=b&q=l"
End Sub

the other part is i have a sheet name created for each stock how would i
write a macro that says if sheet name is AAAA plug that into the web address
to import into corresponding sheet name. the following creates the sheet
name for each stock option downloaded and i want to import a matching graph
from yahoo.

    Workbooks.Add
For Each Symbol In SymbRange
         If Symbol.Value = "" Then
        Application.StatusBar = False
        Exit Sub

    Application.StatusBar = "Now processing " & Symbol.Value
       For Each Sht In Worksheets
        If Sht.Name = Symbol.Value Then GoTo SkipSymbol
    Next Sht
     Worksheets.Add after:=ActiveSheet
    ActiveSheet.Name = Symbol.Value
connectURL = "URL;http://quote.cboe.com/QuoteTable.dat"
Process:
If Range("A1") = "CBOE - Chicago Board Options Exchange" Then
    Cells.Clear
    With Range("A1")
        .Value = "No options for " & Symbol.Value
        .Font.Bold = True
    End With
    Cells.Columns.AutoFit
    GoTo SkipSymbol
End If

thanks

0
bjstrong (13)

import paradox database into excel
I have a database written in programme called Paradox and I would like to fransfer it into Excel. You may find this a bit tricky, depending on the complexity of links between tables and queries within the original database. Tables hold information, and queries manipulate that data; if you need data that is the result of a Paradox query you will not, AFAIK, be able to import that to Excel. You'll have better luck if you need data from tables. In a quick web search I notice that converter software is available, which might be a fallback position in case on-board export capability withi...

spreadsheet on web page???
Is it possible to put a section of a spreadsheet on a web page so that it still does all the functions? Or can you just put a pic of a spreadsheet on it? -- CadensDad ------------------------------------------------------------------------ CadensDad's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17469 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476378 Hello- First, select the range of cells you want to publish. Then go to File>Save as Web Page. Click the option for Selection & check the box for 'Add interactivity'. I...

Entire Visio page moves whenever I use the directional arrow keys instead of the object I've clicked on
Gurus, Running Visio 2003. For some reason lately, whenever I click on an object and try to move it using the right, left, or up or down arrow keys, the whole page moves instead of the object I've clicked on. This is really annoying! It didn't used to be this way. I'm not sure what I changed. I simply want the object I've highlighted to move whenever I use the arrow keys not the whole Visio page itself! -- Spin On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:29:14 -0400, "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote: >Gurus, > >Running Visio 2003. For some reason lately, whe...

Import encrypted WindowsLiveContacts?
Hi, I recently changed computers and have my contacts saved in a file that I put on a pen drive for transfer. I no longer want to use the Windows Live Messenger ID that I used before, but would like to import those contacts to my new ID. I have the folder full of encrypted contacts, but when I try to import them, I keep getting an "Internal Server Error." Is there any way to make this work? I don't know if the files are the problem, or the fact that I'm trying to import contacts from my old ID/email address to my new one. Any suggestions-- and thanks in adv...

Importing Purchase Orders
Hi! Does anyone have any tips on importing Purchase Orders? What is the best method? I tried direct table import and I got a lot of errors. Any ideas? Thanks! -- Marisol Mortera Use the SQL Optimized destination object in IM. "Marisol" wrote: > Hi! Does anyone have any tips on importing Purchase Orders? What is the > best method? I tried direct table import and I got a lot of errors. Any > ideas? > > Thanks! > -- > Marisol Mortera Thanks Steve!! -- Marisol Mortera "Steve Chapman" wrote: > Use the SQL Optimized destination ob...

Sending email from a web based link
When I try and click on a link within a web based page I am not able to click and then send the email to the highlighted item on web page, sometimes can cut and paste the link but does not always work I have Windows Vista and just want to be able to click on the link from web page and windows mail will open and can send the email to corresponding person form the link on the web Can anyone PLEASE HELP It would have been very useful if you had told us how this "not able to" manifests itself. Does the computer get a blue screen, or does it pop up an error message? If the...

excel -10 sections
I have a 10 section worksheet that I need to have a footer that says Section # page # on each page for printing the whole worksheet. eg Section 1 Page 10 would the page 10 of the whole worksheet: Section 3 Page 59 would be page 59 of the whole worksheet I've used a macro to do this in WORD, but haven't ever tried it in EXCEL. I'm guessing it would need a macro though. "Maggie" wrote: > I have a 10 section worksheet that I need to have a footer that says Section > # page # on each page for printing the whole worksheet. > eg Section 1 Page 10 would the pag...

WLM Contact Import
I'm trying to help an employee transfer her contacts from her WLM on her laptop to WLM on her desktop PC. I've tried doing an export to .csv on the laptop to a flash drive and then importing the .csv on the desktop PC. It seems as tho the process works, but no contacts appear. I obtained the .csv from the employee and tried it on my own account on my PC. The contacts were imported successfully. Any suggestions? Btw, the employee is running Windows XP on both laptop and desktop. I am running Windows 7 (don't know if this information is relevant). Thanks, -- Gou...

Export Web List
I am using Visio 2002 to capture the structure and content exsisting web sites. After that is done is there a way to export the contents of the List window into Excel or Access? Thank you for your help! Hi Pamela, When you are running the Web Diagram solution template in Visio 2002, select the "Reports" item from "Web" menu. If you have Excel installed on the machine, it will be one of the report output options. I hope this helps. -- Dick Hamilton Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Pa...

Page # format changes when I convert to web publication
I can't figure out how to change my page number format back to Arabic in my web publication. It changed to Roman numerals when I converted from print to web. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. PS - I'm using Publisher 2003 ...

"rule after paragraph" appears on previous page
I set up a heading style that has a "rule after paragraph". Of course, it is quite often the first line on a page. On the previous page, I have a page break. The rule appears after the page break character, at the bottom of the page, but I don't want a rule there. If I remove the rule, the heading style on the next page has no rule. It seems that the line of the document that contains the page break *must be* the same style as the first line at the top of the next page. By the way, this happens in Word and Publisher, and has been a source of frustration with these programs fo...

making the space transparent behind an imported graphic
Hello, I have a logo created in Adobe Illustrator. When I cut and paste it into our newsletter, the space behind the newsletter is white. Is there some kind of feature in Publisher to make the space behind the logo transparent? Thank you. What version of Publisher are you using? What is the file format this Adobe Illustrator file is in? -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. Publisher 2003. Yikes! The guy who designed it it was a vector and rastor original, whatever that means. He also s...

Outlook 2003
I'm using Outlook 2003 and want to export some contact files but the 'Import and Export' selection is grayed out under the File menu. I have uninstalled and re-installed the complete Office. Also, when I navigate File-New- Folder, the 'Folder' item is also grayed out. ...

Page 1, Page 2, ...is showing up very large in the worksheet.
-- Web Traveler You are in Page Break Preview mode. Go to the View menu and choose 'Normal'. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Tink54" <Tink54@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3ACFA0C-64BB-49CF-8E15-A08770BB7132@microsoft.com... > > -- > Web Traveler You're in Page Break Preview mode. Choose View/Normal. You are in page break view mode, go to view and switch it to normal mode. "Tink54" wrote: > > -- > Web Traveler ...

Publishing excel Speadsheet to web page
I have a sheet that I am publishing it to a web page. Most sheets come out to a 40K file except 1. This one publishes to a size of 2.5mb. All sheets have hyperlinked data but the one that gives me the largest file has the least data and hyperlinks. Any suggestions? Thank you Chris Your usedrange is to big Chris on that sheet Debra Dalgleish's site http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Chris" <chrispknight@aol.com> wrote in message news:dfd501c3f0c0$9b5fcdc0$a101280a@phx.gbl... ...

Hiding Page Number in "Page Break Preview"
Hi all, When I view my worksheet in the "Page Break Preview", I can see the Page Number shown on the worksheet as watermark. Eventhough it doesn't print, it is quite annoyance to be in the center of the screen. Is there any way I can get rid of it ...? Thanks. Zainuddin Z Zainuddin In short...no -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.ukANDTHIS www.nickhodge.co.uk "Zainuddin Zakaria" <salza@tm.net.my> wrote in message news:458f88b2_1@news.tm.net.my... > Hi all, > > When I view my worksheet...

Page Breaks 08-06-07
I am putting in a page break in my report and it is breaking it down to two pages just like I want it to do except that there is a blank page in b/w the 2 pages of data and then several blank pages b/w each person on my report. Any suggestions on how to fix this? ...

Cannot print first cells on page 3 of Excel 2000 Spreadsheet.
I have a Excel spreadsheet with 6 pages, each page has a table with several columns and rows. When I go to print this spreadsheet, all the cells print except pages 3 and 5 and all the cells in the second row. Can somebody help? Thanks, --TJ All 6 pages on one worksheet? What is your print range defined as? Or do you mean 6 worksheets with a print range on each sheet? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:30:33 -0700, "techjohnny@gmail.com" <techjohnny@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a Excel spreadsheet with 6 pages, each page has a table with >several col...

WEB SERVICES FAILS?
this is the translate into english language from previous question in italian: I have realized a program for the import into CRM using the methods: account.Create(userAuth, strAccountXml); account.Update(userAuth, strAccountId, strAccountXml); its implements in this mode: the first if account is not present into CRM(therefore creates it) and the second if account is already present (therefore carries out update). All good works and the program turns very fastly importing and modernizing the records. After a sure period of time but, while the program turns, in carrying out the op...

Getting and Setting values (important)

Importing PowerPoint slide to a Word document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I import (copy and paste) a powerpoint slide to a Word document, the contents of the slide are fuzzy. Readable, if large enough, but fuzzy. Is there someway to correct this? Try Edit>Paste Special and choose "PowerPoint Slide". Cheers On 16/02/10 1:32 PM, in article 59bb2f19.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "CClarke@officeformac.com" <CClarke@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel > When I import (...

outlook web access redirect problem

intranet & wan (Web) access to MSCRM: Any security issues to consider?
Hello all, are there any properties of mscrm -when deployed for access through a company intranet or WAN- that you would consider a big security issue? The aim is web access in a multi site company environment in first place, dial-in SFO access would come second. Any big problem causing or unresolvable server/browser/firewall/scripting/activex/vpn etc.. drawbacks? Answers could be "mscrm is definitively NOT usable IF [..]" or "does only work IF [..]" ;-) Sorry for beeing unspecific at this point and thanks anyway for your appreciated comments! Achim No major...

How to import the old data
Dear All, Before actually investing into MS CRM, my company decided to take a test drive and I installed CRM 1.2 using MSDN key. I configured five users with appropriate security roles and they entered quite a lot of data to throughly check the product. After the successful test drive, my company has bought 10 users license professional suite and I have installed it successfully. Now the problem is that I want to transfer that old data entered by old users into the new deployment with the following considerations 1- In new installation, some of the old users have been deleted and some ...

Small Business Server 2008 Remote Web Workplace
I'm having trouble connecting with a small business server 2008 via Remote Web Workplace (RWW). I've spent countless hours going through the resources online to figure this out and have tried many solutions to no avail. When I try to connect to the server via IE 7, I clear the certificate error message (which I've downloaded from the server and merged into my computer certificate store multiple times to no avail, but this does not appear to be a problem). But the message I get when I try to get to the site is: The service is not available. Please try again later. ...