Importing from web page-format

Hello :).

I am trying to import a table from a web-page where some of the values are
written for example as 7 -35.
I am making a querry for importing the table into excel. Then the 7 - 35
value in transformed into the number12966.
I understand this have to do with the way excel is reading dates. But 7 - 35
in the table is not meant to be a date, but showing two different numbers (7
and 35).
I therefore have tryed to go to format, numbers and set different formats to
the cell to make it show exactly the number om the webpage (7 - 35).
The closest i was to make it work is to set the format defined to d-m (In
format/cells/self defined). Then the cell is showing 1-7. This is not
correct eigther, but in other cells this give the equal number as in the web
table. The most cells is correct but som are not.

Is here someone with the same problem?.

Thanks if someone can give me a little advice.

Kjell

0
klenn67 (3)

Hi Kjell,
Format the receiving area as TEXT  in you spreadsheet,
then  Copy and Paste from the web page.    Is that a viable solution.
---
HTH,

"Kjell Nygaard" <klenn67@yahoo.no> wrote in message news:Z4hAc.115$89.58508@juliett.dax.net...
> Hello :).
>
> I am trying to import a table from a web-page where some of the values are
> written for example as 7 -35.
> I am making a querry for importing the table into excel. Then the 7 - 35
> value in transformed into the number12966.
> I understand this have to do with the way excel is reading dates. But 7 - 35
> in the table is not meant to be a date, but showing two different numbers (7
> and 35).
> I therefore have tryed to go to format, numbers and set different formats to
> the cell to make it show exactly the number om the webpage (7 - 35).
> The closest i was to make it work is to set the format defined to d-m (In
> format/cells/self defined). Then the cell is showing 1-7. This is not
> correct eigther, but in other cells this give the equal number as in the web
> table. The most cells is correct but som are not.
>
> Is here someone with the same problem?.
>
> Thanks if someone can give me a little advice.
>
> Kjell

0
dmcritchie (2586)

multiple flyers per page?

How Do I Import Stock Quotes to Money2004 Standard?
Does anyone know how to import stock quotes into Money. Some of the ones I am interested in are not supported by MSN for online update. I know I can enter the data manually but I want to be able to update prices for multiple stocks on a regular basis. I have tried ceating a .ofx file for importing and Money reports "Import Completed" with no errors but the price I specified does not appear in the price history. The extract from the .ofx file relating to price I was trying to import is as follows: <SECLISTMSGSRSV1> <SECLIST> <STOCKINFO> <SECINFO> <S...

import a 123 file

printing 2 charts on single page

Web query timeout setting.

Fractions Number format

printing imported gif files in Excel

Date format 04-11-06

me too, problem with import... only 15 records
me too, problem with import... only 15 records.... also in one of my customers crm i need a fast answer.... I dont see a question to answer...? JUAN MARKETING wrote: > me too, problem with import... only 15 records.... also in one of my > customers crm > > i need a fast answer.... Hehe yeah, what is the question!? what are you trying to import? Sorry, I don't know the reason, bu each time i try to import x number of accounts or contacts, MSCRM only import 15 records... Promise, everything is ok... columns, format csv from excel, size, records.... I say that, becau...

Get Xml from web .
This is a link to an address where I would like to access xml. http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?cmd=user_xml&email=XXXX The XXXX is the email address of a user. All I want to do is access the xml and view it in a datagrid. I have read several tuturials and articles and have not been able to find something that would explain how to do this. Does anyone know of a sample code or something close I could use as a reference. I am using visualstudio.net. and visual basic. THX Take a look at using the following classes on your app: HttpWebRequest HttpWebResponse DataSe...

Formatting in CSV
Hi I create a Comma Separated Value file (csv) from my VB application, then open that file with Excel. Excel recognises the commas, and splits the records into separate fields as expected. Can I set properties for rows or columns or cells ? Like bolding, or font size, etc. Thanks Robert -- RobertLees ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RobertLees's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26580 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486488 Yes. Even though the .csv file contains no fo...

Taste this important update
--cgzxgrfb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="uessxwmvq"; type="multipart/alternative" --uessxwmvq Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mweirjjojzzphfh" --mweirjjojzzphfh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to m...

Outlook always looks to the web
Whenever I click on calendar or tasks or anything, I'm redirected to a web page that it can't find for a search. This just started. How do I shut it off ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Format List Box!

How can I sum only amounts that are in BOLD format within a column
Hi! I need to get a total from a worksheet that has hundreds of amounts in it. However, I only need the total of the amounts that were marked with have BOLD font. Please help me I don't have much experience with EXCEL. Thank you very much! W a n d a try this for column D Sub sumbold() x = Cells(Rows.Count, "d").End(xlUp).Row For Each c In Range(Cells(2, 4), Cells(x, 4)) If c.Font.Bold Then mysum = mysum + c Next MsgBox mysum End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wanda" <Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89A268A6-...

Setting up Word to automatically open in Standard mode, zoom=page margins
I've tried to find ways to handle this through the normal.dot file and can't find it... Word wants to open in layout mode and 200% zoom, forcing me to manually select mode and zoom. Any way to get Word to do what I want instead of what it wants? Thanks for your time. ===== Edward Lipsett Fukuoka, Japan Hi Edward: Word will open each document in the view and zoom it as last saved in. The onyl way to have a particular view happen every time is to create an AutoOpen() macro that specifies the view you want. Turn on your Macro Recorder and record yourself setting the view and zo...

Rules in Web Client / Exchange 2003
Hi Everyone, I am wondering where/how I should start troubleshooting rules in Outlook Web Client. Rules setup in Outlook Client work perfectly, however rules set up in Web Client don't seem to work. Specifically messages are not getting forwarded to an alternate email addresses specified in the rule. Sending a messge directly to the alternate email form a Web Client works all the time. Thanks in advance. If you generate the rule exactly the same way in Outlook, does it work? Also, does it happen to work when Outlook is running? "Gene B." <myemail@hidden.com> wr...