Importing from Filemaker Pro 5.0

I am in the process of converting a Filemaker Pro=20
database to Excel 2000.  When I export a field in=20
Filemaker with hard returns in it, the result is this=20
little "arrow symbol" (see 4 examples below).  =20

Plate of ocean  water=0BPlate of HELO=0BBG Plate of Sky=0B
(Note: Possible Night Sky Backing)=0B

I can't do a Find/Replace because Excel doesn't recognize=20
this symbol.  Any clues how to easily delete them, and=20
insert a hard return instead within one cell(alt/enter)? =20
I tried exporting to html first and then converting to=20
excel, but it created a new row for each return.  I need=20
all data in one cell, left formatted with returns where=20
the "arrow symbol" is.

Thanks!

0
anonymous (74722)

Still don't know how to replace the symbol but figured=20
out that the function "Clean" will take them out.

0
anonymous (74722)

Can a CRM 3.0 Outlook Client connect to a CRM 4.0 server?
As I am planning to upgrade our CRM 3.0 server to CRM 4.0 I am curious if my current CRM 3.0 Outlook Clinet installs will be able to connect to the CRM 4.0 server after I upgrade it. Good question - I have the same problem. I'm just posting to get the notification ;-) But I fear that it is not possible - in my corp-deployment we had several 3.0 clients and if it works it's not a out of the box solution. "Chris" wrote: > As I am planning to upgrade our CRM 3.0 server to CRM 4.0 I am curious if my > current CRM 3.0 Outlook Clinet installs will be able to connec...

Publisher #5
I would like a watermark on one of my pages in a newsletter. I was able to get the watermark and the text together, but the watermark is covering the text I typed in. I tried - forward and backgound, one or the other disappears. Please help. Press CTRL+T after selecting the text frame to make it transparent. Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http;//www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >I would like a watermark on one of my pages in a >newsletter. I was able to get the watermark and the text >together, but the watermark is covering the text I typed >in. I...

Round to nearest 5?
Hello all, I have a lot of data and I want to have it all round to the nearest "5".... so that weather it is a whole number or one with a decimal it always contains the same number of digits but always ends in either 0 or 5. For example: 10371.80 stays the same 1204.98 rounds to 1205.00 696.51 rounds to 696.50 etc. Thank you all, Confused Man Hi there, Try this: =ROUND(A1/0.05,0)*0.05 Regards, KL "Confused Man" <bfbj@iup.edu> wrote in message news:hLednT6B5tDWtlbfRVn-jw@comcast.com... > Hello all, > > I have a lot of data and I want to have it ...

importing contact data into CRM
Hi everyone; How could I import contact and other data from other files or databases into CRM? thanks, Farshad for contacts and leads you can directly import by going to tools - import etc for other data you have a few options 1 - use the data migration tool 2 - write code in vb or c#.net 3 - use an out of the box solution like scribe "farshad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:066a01c39ce1$42bdb750$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi everyone; > > How could I import contact and other data from other files > or databases into CRM? > > th...

Download NET 3.5 Sp1 Service Pack
I can't download the NET 3.5 Service Pack3 or Service Pack 2. I have XP They do not exist - there is only Dot Net Fx 3.5 SP1. "marlsrsoftball" <marlsrsoftball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49BC29A3-F9B1-430B-B5EE-C4DA5B6C0E95@microsoft.com... >I can't download the NET 3.5 Service Pack3 or Service Pack 2. > > I have XP What it is saying ".NET 3.5 Service Pack 1 Framwork not installed when I try to dowload it i get an Error Code: 0x80070645 Fred "Jerry" wrote: > They do not exist - there is...

importing web page into publisher 2002?
Is it possible to import a web page, including all graphics, into either Publisher 2002 or Word XP? best, Aaron ...

NT4 and exchange 5.5 running on AD Native mode ?
we want to switch to native mode on AD is there a problem if you have still some exchange 5.5 running on NT4 and other servers on exchange 2003 running on windows 2003. then switching to native Active directory? thanks is nayone doing it? ...

Cannot add users after Rollup 1 install (Dynamics CRM 4.0 Pro)
Hi, Rollup 1 seems to have caused my install to stop adding new users to the system - the error I get is the generic 'An error has occured' message, but the relevant trace log is below (I have removed the url and business name only): >Crm Exception: Message: , ErrorCode: -2147023570, InnerException: System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMException (0x8007052E): Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail) at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryE...

3.0 Newsgroups 10-30-05
The instructions from Microsoft for accessing the private beta newsgroups have the wrong server name, it should be privatenews, not betanews. Change this and it works. ...

Outlook 2007 Connector keeps coming up on screen regardless of pro
Outlook 2007 is working but the small "Microsoft Office Outlook Connector" notice keeps poping up on screen regradless what program I am in, Microsoft type or other type program. The small window pops up every few seconds or so, all day long. When the notice pops up it locks up the computer till I click on Cancel. Boyd Eugene Craft Rogers, AR This is the password dialog or something else? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mai...

Importing Cash receipts
Our company receives payment from our largest customer each week. Is there a template that we could format the information into to import this like we import the lockbox file from our bank. This payment covers anywhere from 100-500 invoices weekly. Thank you. why not format it jsut as if it was a lockbox? A client of mine had a similar situation and that i what we did. HS "LaNaveau" <LaNaveau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:585453FA-87BF-4CEE-B7C6-5C5BB4A0ABA9@microsoft.com... > Our company receives payment from our largest customer each week. Is ...

CRM 3 Suddenly Taking 42.1 +/- 0.1 seconds to Load Pages
Hi all, A few weeks ago CRM 3.0 suddenly started taking 30+ seconds to load the main frame of each page. The initial nav bar loads immediately, but the contacts, accounts, etc. lists take quite a while to load. We were able to fix this by restoring the server to a point prior to the CRM install and reinstalling CRM, however after about 10 days it started happening again. This time I checked the IIS logs and it shows the file /_root/homepage.aspx is taking 42.1 seconds, plus or minus 0.2 seconds, each time I try a page load. (Sometimes it appears to take about 80 seconds, but I haven't ca...

5.5 to 2003 migration
Reading the threads suggest to me that provided I perform a standard move mailbox from (a single) 5.5 server to (a single storage group) on a 2003 server, single-instance storage will be maintained. Have I understood this correctly? Any other factors to consider? Our SIS on 5.5 is 13:1 - I couldn't believe it! Obviously we are concerned of the potential for a very large blowout in store size. Many thanks for your assisance. -- Peter SIS will be maintained moving all the mailboxes from a single store to the same destination store using the move mailbox wizard. Note however that the ...

Import data from Access to Excel containing VB code
Hi! I am trying to import data from an Access database to an Excel spreadsheet. I have imported several queries from Access into Excel already. However the last piece of data that I am wanting to import into Excel has VB code in the query doing a calculation automatically. So when I go to Excel to import that piece of data, those queries that contain the VB code don't even show up as import-able. Is there a way to import these queries from access into my excel worksheet? I am using Access 2003 and running on an XP OS. Is it possible to do it in Excel 2007 if not available in Excel 2003? I...

VS2008 Framework 3.5 Web Service Accessed from Web 2.0 Client
Hi, I'm wondering if I made a large architectural screwup. I wanted to use new features in VS2008 including LINQ in my web service and have targeted the 3.5 framework with the web service. However, my Windows Forms client targets the 2.0 framework as I don't want my clients to have to download 3.5 All this works nicely in development but trying to deploy to a staging env I experience problems. I've deployed the web service sucessfully to IIS on my local machine and can browse to the service definition using the address below OK. My app.config file contains the reference:...

Access CRM 4.0 on Windows 2008
Hello, We seem to having issues when connecting to CRM when using the IP address versus the server name. Here's what's going on: We have CRM 4.0 installed on Windows 2008. All users in the office have no issues when access CRM using Outlook or Web when they are connected via the LAN. The CRM web address is http://crmserver:5555. This is what is configured within the Outlook connection. When users are from home or outside the office, they use VPN to connect to the office. They cannot connect to CRM using Outlook or Web. However, if they typed the IP address http://192.168.16....

import of categories question
Using MSMoney that is due to expire in Aug.2009.... don't use it online to keep books but have been downloading info from credit accounts for tracking purposes. Now, we thought we would try the Budgeting and would rather not manually enter all of the transaction categories. Thus the question: is there a way to import the categories we are using into the Budget as we start to use it? Jim Which version/edition of Money? If not Money Essentials (MEss) and M05 or newer, which budget model do you want to use? "jim-g" <##jimg@noname.net> wrote in message news:%23nZ...

decommission the 5.5 issue 2
I migrated from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 and took the steps to decommission the 5.5 box. After I turned off the services on the 5.5 box today, I noticed a few things. One, even though the user were moved to the 2003 server and outlook account properties verified that the accounts were pointing to the new server there were some users who reverted backed to the old server. (When I do not know.) In the outlook account properties, the server indicated it was looking at the old 5.5 server and not the 2003 server were the mailboxes are located. We needed to re-point their accounts to the 2003 ...

Import GL accounts
I need to import a lot of gl accounts using Import manager but I cant seem to setup the excel spreadsheet correctly. My imports fail as a result. Can somebody send me a sample excel spreadsheet of how it should be setup witht the basic minimum requirements. or can somebody show me here what are the required fields to import gl accounts? "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > I need to import a lot of gl accounts using Import manager but I cant seem to > setup the excel spreadsheet correctly. My imports fail as a result. Can > somebody send me a sample excel spreadsheet of...

Importing .xlsm, .xlsx with OLEDB
I have been trying to write a macro to open a closed workbook, copy a worksheet from it, and then use that data as I need. After surfing the internet a bit, I was able to find out how to do this using ADO and it was very useful when operating on .xls workbooks. Now I am trying to use it on ..xlsx and .xlsm workbooks and it fails each time with an error saying "External table is not in the expected format." I am using Excel 2007 SP1 and have attempted to install the Access Database Engine off of the Microsoft website to enable OLEDB to read the new formats. This is...

Fonts #5
Hi All, Is it possible to highlight text in a spreadsheet, to change it to upper case or does this need to b done when entering the data. I know this can be done through format paragraph ect in Word. Thanks, kfh. Hi there's no format option for this but see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "k f h" <kfh@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:74F8710E-C2B0-4F0A-8EF0-8558B54A94AA@microsoft.com... > > Hi All, > > Is it possible to highlight text in a spreadsheet, to change it to upper > ca...

Crazy access importing Options
Hi I don't play with Access much. Mainly sql server 2005 I have a table. 2 fields are starting to annoy me now. The first Draw is a long integer. The last is Ballset which is an Integer. I keep getting Type Conversion Failure on these 2 fields. Why? Herte is the text that I am using to import INSERT INTO `lotto` VALUES (1477,"Wed",17,"Feb",2010, 03,22,27,31,38,49,45, 2566661, 1,"Guinevere", 6 ); INSERT INTO `lotto` VALUES (1476,"Sat",13,"Feb",2010, 16,22,24,30,39,44,09, 4779389, 1,"Arthur", 5 ); INSE...

Exchange 5.5
Are there any problems with changing the password on the Exchange 5.5 service account? nope...see this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/157780/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Tim" <tjc7546@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:777A4324-A65A-4644-B52A-11BB26DD174B@microsoft.com... > Are there any problems with changing the password on the Exchange 5.5 service > account? ...

Public Holiday Import Outlook 2000
Hi guys, does anyone know if there is a patch to download the public holidays for 2010 and beyond for a standalone Version of 2000? Many Thanks See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/missinghol.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do y...

Batch importing e-mail contacts using ldifde, csvde
Trying to make this work with a large list of contacts. Keep getting syntax errors and constraint violation errors on this command: csvde -k -i -j c:\ -f "f:\<filepath>\<filename>.csv" Can't even find out what a constraint violation is? And even if this works, it won't let me edit the memberOf attribute using ldifde, though it will allow other attributes to be changed! "Peter" <morsep@ijet.com> wrote: >Trying to make this work with a large list of contacts. >Keep getting syntax errors and constraint violation errors >on this co...