I have set up a query in Microsoft Access which is linked to our AS400
server. I have created pararmeters within Access which asks for certain
fields which works. I then go into Excel and create a pivot table with the
external data source that I have created in access. When I go to enter a
pararmeter within Microsof Query I get a reply saying that "Parameters can
not be used with this Query", what I want to do is setup a parameter on the
Excel spreadsheet which then goes and gets the data i require from this
parameter. I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this

Thanks

Andrew
0
Andrew3569 (322)

You can't create a pivot table from a parameter query.

In Access, create a query without parameters, then add the parameters in
MS Query

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

MS Money 95 data files

Inserting form values into a table

Excel not Access

Excel 2007

data input in text box

Importing leads and workflow
We are just implementing CRM and have a couple of lead lists that we want to import (about 5000 records). The sales force would like calls automatically scheduled when the list is imported and would only like 50 calls scheduled per week. I know that I can assign leads based on various criteria to the correct salesperson. However, is there any way that I can create the phone activities and only limit to 50 per week? Does workflow look at the salesperson work schedule at all or will each sales person have 1000 phone calls scheduled for 3 days from when I import? There isn't anything in ...

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Sorting Data #5

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks