Importing a text file w/ more than 65,536 rows

I'm trying to download a text file which exceeds the
number of rows on an Excel worksheet. The help menus for
Excel 5.0, 7.0, and '97 specify a way to use the Text
Import Wizard to import the file to multiple worksheets.
However, I have Excel 2000, and cannot locate any
instructions about how to download to multiple worksheets.
Anyone have any suggestions?
0
anonymous (74722)

I'd use my favorite text editor and split the text file into smaller pieces.

Then import them separately.

Or you could use a macro that imports each line:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q120596
XL: Importing Text Files Larger Than 16384 Rows
(written for xl95, but has a note to change stuff for xl97+)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Excel files won;t open
New issue with my laptop that suddenly appeared out of nowhere (no changes have been made to my laptop). When I am in explore and I open a file (double click) Excel opens but the file does not. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Try this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. (unregserver is not always needed) 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"...

Reducing the blank space around text in Excel 2007
In cell format\alignment the indent is set at 0which I believe is the default. So the blank space around the cell's text is the default. I would like to reduce that blank space (padding) even further but Excel will not permit me to enter a negative indent figure. Is there another way to reduce the default blank space around text in a cell? Thanks, Jeff on 7/28/2011, Jeff@nospam.invalid supposed : > In cell format\alignment the indent is set at 0which I believe is the > default. So the blank space around the cell's text is the default. > > I would like to reduce tha...

Get .ico file from HICON
Hi, How can I get a .ico file from an HICON ? Yoav. I think you can't. Because there is no file paht date in HICON. "Yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> д����Ϣ����:OMQhZojvIHA.1328@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > How can I get a .ico file from an HICON ? > > Yoav. > Can I create a new .ico file from a given HICON ? "fiveight" <fiveight@tom.com> wrote in message news:%23qPIG6jvIHA.3384@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I think you can't. Because there is no file paht date in HICON. > > "Yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> >...

How can I get notified whenever a certain excel file is updated (.
I need to receive a notification whenever one certain excel file is updated (by anyone) on our local area network. What are my options to automate this? Hi Ann Maybe you can use this http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/change.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "AnnL@work" <AnnL@work@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8B27CA8-5448-4E66-BB88-7A6B4F415C88@microsoft.com... >I need to receive a notification whenever one certain excel file is updated > (by anyone) on our local area network. What are my options to automate this? ...

Importing Data From Excel
I have been trying to import transactions I entered into excel, but I have been unsuccessful. Can anyone provide me with some suggestions on how I can import the transactions from excel into Money 05 Small Business See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=8. "Lou" <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0A1DB45-03AD-462D-8D80-5453DD8F094B@microsoft.com... >I have been trying to import transactions I entered into excel, but I have > been unsuccessful. Can anyone provide me with some suggestions on how I > can > import the transactions from excel int...

Text/Input Boxes not appearing
Morning, I have many workstations now not displaying text boxes/content boxes within sharepoint (2003 SBS version). Any other site will display forms but not sharepoint. This does not seem to effect all machines and seems to have nothing to do with permissions as i have tried with all types of users. I have tried changing all the security settings with no luck either. I have also tried in many different browsers. Is there something simple im overlooking? Here is a link to a screenshot, as you can see the only thing that appears is the assign to drop down, nothing else. ...

how can I change color cursor? Legally blind, contrast important.
how can I change color cursor? Legally blind, contrast important. I am pretty sure you can't, but you may find some combination of Windows accessibility options that would help make it more visible to you. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "vokmaar van waag...

quick way to attach multiple files
Is there a way to quickly attach multiple files to an account? Like selecting all files in one directory or multiple select in a directory? -- Thanks, Brian No way - one at a time unfortunately unless you write your own solution ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "Brian Hall" <BrianHall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09E2156E-4585-492B-A689-9A0D7553A951@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to quickly attach multiple files to an account? Like > selecting > all files in one dir...

CRM 4.0
Has anyone else come across this: I create 2 new organizations: Test1 Test2 Both organizations are are brand new, never been modified. Next, I go into each one individually and create a new entity called "new_car". Save & Publish All Customizations. Then I export all the customizations from Test1 and try to import them into Test2. it blows up with an error like: Customization Import failed. Error: OrganizationUI With Id = 853ecac5-a034-419a-a4d7-a7ef70965cee Does Not Exist I can see what it's doing - it assumes if the entity name is the same, that the FormID on th...

add accents to text
I want to add accents to first/last names in a spreadsheet I'd also like to be able to add scientific symbols to text in a spreadsheet. From your START button go to Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Character Map Slow way: use Select/Copy then Paste into Excel Faster way: click on the accented letter you want, look at bottom right corner (eg for ï {as in naïve} you'll see "Keystroke: Alt + 0239). Do this for all the accented letters you think you will need. Keep the paper handy and use the Alt + four digit code to obtain your results. Stephen Powell "mtambeau...

Office applications should allow me to remove recent files
When I click the office button in Microsoft Word, the recently opened files are shown. I would like to be able to remove documents from the list, for example by right-clicking on a file name and selecting "remove from this list," as is done for recently run programs in Windows Explorer. There are other people looking for this functionality, as shown by the many workarounds (e.g. editing the registry as documented at http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/01/13/how-to-clear-and-delete-recent-documents-list-in-office-2007-word-excel-powerpoint/ This applies to other Office ...

How to opening a new file in a new excel program
When I look at a excel file in excel and want to open another excel file, it starts up in the same excel program that I am running. I would like to start it in another excel program (so I can switch with Tab+Alt). Is this posible without starting Excel manualy (from the meny)? I am using Microsft Excel 2000. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Shift+Alt+Tab allows you to tab between all open programs, including all open XL files. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Per" <Per.yknia@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message new...

Outlook 2003, file extension
The file extensions have been stripped from my incoming mail attachments. Is there a fix? It is affection all mail sorces: ie. aol, earthlink, msn, jusno. etc. Hi TCF, maybe this could help, the outlook tuner FREEWARE http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/OL_Prog.htm#11 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "TCF" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:c32e01c47a3b$0fa1d620$a301280a@phx.gbl... > The file extensions have been strippe...

Exporting/Importing Spamer list
Hi All, I'am using Outlook 2000 and I'm wondering how I can export/import the list (junk sender) of spamer from one computer to another one. Thanks. Syl. ...

Excel converts text to formulas %@#$
I wish Microsoft stopped developing "helpful" programs. All their "auto" stuff leads to nothing but problems. Here is an example: I have to process data which come as CSV files and contain entries that look like multiplication e.g "3*4". Damn Excel can't handle these. Every chance it gets, it turns them into "=3*4" and displays "12". Any one knows how to kill this behaviour? Please share the knowledge. Henryk Birecki Henryk Birecki wrote... >I wish Microsoft stopped developing "helpful" programs. All their >"auto&q...

Backing up pst files on external drive
How can I store old emails on an external drive? close outlook, find the pst and copy it to the drive? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM ...

Importing data from a text file
I have to import raw data from a text file that Excel cannot break into columns, and the import is unsuccessful. would VBA be a better choice, having it specifically search for data? there are 3 specific types of files and all the files (of the same type) are formatted exactly the same. thanks in advance -- jbaranski ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jbaranski's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36862 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=566746 Why can't Excel break the ...

Hyperlink Macro to 2,500 PDF files?
Fellow Forum Members, I have 2,500 PDF ebooks on a variety of subjects all contained in one folder named "Ebooks". I already have all the 2,500 ebook titles inside Excel in Column A, Sheet 1. Now I want to hyperlink each title to the actual PDF file and doing this hyperlink operation 2,500 times is something I want to avoid like the plague. Can anyone out there please help me in developing a macro that would do this hyperlink operation automatically 2,500 times? I'm not a macro expert, but is it not possible to make Excel automically go to the same Ebook folder 2,500 times a...

Error after importing organisation
Hi, After importing one organisation into another, we are getting the error 'Record is Unavailable. The selected record was not found or you do not have sufficient permissions to view it'. We get this when just trying to load/access the home page on crm 4.0. Any suggestions? Many thanks Matt ...

column widths and row heights
based on 100% view, when u set the column width to say 12 units and the row height to, for example, 15... what is the actual dimensions in reality in mm. ie, how can i get the required number to ensure that row and colms are exactly 2 mm in width and height pat Column width and row heights defaults are not in inches or mm. The number that appears in the Standard column width box is the average number of digits 0-9 of the standard font that fit in a cell. Row heights are measured in points or pixels. There are 72 points to an inch and "maybe" 96 pixels to the inch. For ...

Resetting default row height to allow display of wrapped text
I'm using Excel 2000 and XP Pro. I'm formatting a text page whereby users can input text into a column and I want the text to wrap so that whatever the length of their text we see it all. On a default page it works fine. However I tinkered with the row height for font purposes and now the text will wrap but the row won't expand to fit the whole text. How do I reset the row/sheet or whatever to get the display I want? Thanks -- Stilson Snow There is a limit to how much text will display within a cell and how much text displays in the formula bar. Goto excel help and enter...

QIF Import limit?
Having suffered a file corruption (Money 2002), I've exported all my accounts as QIF and am importing them to a fresh Money file. All the accounts import OK except 2 of them, which are my longest-standing and most important ones. The import simply stops when it has imported approximately 400 transactions. It stops without the usual "import complete" dialog. It's totally repeatable for each account. The QIF files themselves look OK (the import stops about 1/3 of the way through). Does anyone know of any inherent limit on importing QIF files? The only solution I could think...

How to import OE messages into Outlook 2007
I have a computer with Windows 7. I have a ton of important emails archived to an external hard drive that I would like to import into Outlook 2007. I copied and pasted the .dbx files to a folder on the desktop. However, when I use the import function, I don't know how to get Outlook to point to the files. I have a feeling this can't be done with Windows 7. If it can, please give instructions. If not, is there a way around this? Thanks in advance. "sheana" <sheana@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:A309D94B-DA35-48D9-99BA-889D0FD59022@microsoft....

Additional info re: Word 2007 will not open files when you double click them
I should have mentioned... I am running XP 32 bit SP3 Neil ...

wrap text
hi gurus under the following I need help. I am trying to type the following set under task name in just one field but the shift->enter does not work , so I need help the first line here and then: A. the bullet here B. the bullet here C. the bullet here can I get soem help making this happen -- guaro ------------------------------------------------------------------------ guaro's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/219556.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1336460.htm http://forums.techarena.in As far as I ...