imported records

Can anyone tell me if there is a way that you can change
the # of records that import to excel.  I believe it is
63000 something.

Thanks
0
lopezm (1)

Your limit is 65,536 records per worksheet. You cannot
extend that limit. The number of worksheets, however, is
limited only by memory.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jason.morin (561)
8/19/2004 3:26:07 PM
Maybe you could use your favorite text editor and split your data into
pieces--and then import each piece to a new worksheet.

Microsoft has a macro solution that does something similar:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q120596
XL: Importing Text Files Larger Than 16384 Rows
(written for xl95, but has a note to change stuff for xl97+)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Problems after Export\Import of a Calendar
Hi, I have exported the whole mailbox of a user to a PST, deleted his mailbox (only from the Exchange not from AD), created a new one and imported it back from the same PST. After those actions the user reported a problem that when he updates a meeting, created before those actions, a copy of the meeting is created, with the updated data, but the original is not deleted. Also when he recieves an update to a meeting that was created before the Export/Import, the same thing happends. Seems like the outlook "thinks" that the "old" and the "updated old" meetings are n...

Unable to import full graphic into Publisher 97
When I try to import a black and white stock chart into Publisher 97, the quality is so poor that it is unuseable. I can import the same graphic into Frontpage 2000 and the picture is perfect. I have tries different types of files, but a jpeg or gif file should work. Is this just a problem on the older version? Any suggestions? If you have had great results with 2000, why do it in 97? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "1chuck2" <1chuck2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84ECF3DA-3285-413C-9B6C-6345B0522DE0@microsoft.com... > When I try to i...

Import from MS Outlook 2000
Hi, I need to import into my Entourage 2004 all my data from an Outlook.pst file created in Microsoft Outlook 2000 for Windows. Can you please tell me how I can do it??? Thanks and Happy Holidays!! JM Yepez Hi Jose, This newsgroup is for questions about converting between versions of Microsoft Access database software, and hardly anyone here uses Macs. Probably what you'l have to do is to use Outlook to open the PST file and export the items it contains to a format that Entourage can import. If there's a better answer, you're more likely to get it from an Entourage forum. ...

Need MPV help: Outlook 2003 won't import my backup.pst
I have major problem on my hands. I decided to reformat my HD and setup XP Pro from the ground up. Naturally, I backed up my all my Outlook data using the File>Export command, and burned the .pst file onto a CD. I reinstalled Office 2003, open Outlook, and attempt to import my backup.pst file....and bam! I get an error message saying the file is not a Personal Files Folder file? I've tried everything I can think of, even attempted opening the file directly in Outlook. But still I get the same message, and the file will not open. What can I do? Or am I just up a river without a p...

Selecting individual records for a report
I have a table with 200+ contacts. I want to generate letters to 7-8 of them, but there is no common criteria upon which I can run a query. I'd like to create the letters, then when the report is run be able to select which records from the table receive the letter. No idea how to go about this (other than exporting to excel, deleting non-receivers, and doing a Word mailmerge). Suggestions? If there truly is no relationship, you could create a new table of records to report with a single field that is the primary key of you contacts table. Add or delete record...

How do I import .dbx mail files
I had Outlook Express on old PC before it was sold and all my files were saved as .dbx files onto CD-Rom now I have new laptop with Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 but it only accepts .pst files! It won't accept my .dbx files :( I've so much valuable info etc and I am soooooo mad that I can't access them... I've tried copying them into the e-mail files - importing them via the wizard - but nothing works... Can anyone help? Don't panic - this is not a problem! You need to first import your files into Outlook Express on your new PC (it comes with Internet Explorer)....

Import PDF document into Access 2007 report
I have a PDF document that I want to use as the starting point for a new Access report. I added an Unbound Object Frame to the report and selected my PDF document to be placed into the frame. This all works OK except that the PDF document is reduced in size by about 25% when it appears in the unbound object frame. The object frame is big enough to hold the full size document and I have the size property of the frame set to "Clip" so the document should display in actual size. I've tried several other PDF documents and they all have the same issue when displayed in a...

update query for current records on form
I am trying to take my main form (Prospects) and update the corresponding fields from a subform (where the corresponding field's radio box is selected - Field: Name, Radio Box: Name_Select). The subform's record source is a query based on a completely different table from the main forms record source (Prospects - tabled name the same as form), and there is not a linkable field, such as an ID code. The subform has a combo box that allows me to type in a company name and then display the corresponding company's record in the form (the subform of the main form). I then want to be ab...

how to import a contact folder to a new device?
I need to find out how to import my contact folder (from a nokia n73) to a htc touch! Then I would ask the manufacturers of your cell phones. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Drew asked: | I need to find out how to import my contact folder (from a nokia n73) | to a htc touch! How about syncing the NOkia with Outlook, possibly setting up a special contacts folder if you want only a subset, and then syncing ht Touch with that same folder. NOkia gives you its own software adn the Touch uses A...

Recording house sale
I have an asset account with a house I just sold. I cannot figure out how to record the sale. thanks In microsoft.public.money, JIM wrote: >I have an asset account with a house I just sold. I cannot figure out how to >record the sale. thanks See http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q110 ...

outlook 2002 imports double messages from outlook express
for some reason, my outlook 2002 (a new copy) seems to import two of each message from my old outlook express inbox. does anyone have any thoughts on why this may be happening, and what i could do to fix it? an e-mail response would be great, otherwise i'll check back on the board in a couple days. thanks! -- srikanth srikanth <srikanth.sivashankaran@yale.edu> wrote: > for some reason, my outlook 2002 (a new copy) seems to > import two of each message from my old outlook express > inbox. does anyone have any thoughts on why this may be > happening, and what...

Watch important patch for Internet Explorer
--eesgattoea Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bemlwbmtmimgq"; type="multipart/alternative" --bemlwbmtmimgq Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="valljmfjlisyzmw" --valljmfjlisyzmw Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now ...

need to import a text file into Personal Address Book
I'm trying to import a text file (or excel file) into the Outlook Personal Address Book (.pab). Is there a way to do this? Thanks! Not into a PAB. PAB's have not been in use for several years now. Why don't you use the Contacts Folder? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jason" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a1801c3a7c7$add84c30$3101280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to import a text file (or excel file) into the > Outlook Personal Address Book (.pab). Is there a way to > do this? > > Thanks! >I'm trying to impo...

Integration Manager Record Ordering
Hi, I've got an integration that loads headers and line items from two files into the SOP module. Is there a way to control what order records are loaded? So that header 1 is loaded first, then each line item for a header are loaded in the order they are on the file? Thanks, Matt Hi Matt I think I need a little more info: Usually you link the header and detail based on Doc# (for example) and then IM reads the Header from top to bottom and creates the transactions and places them in a batch. What are trying to accomplish and what is actually happening? Thanks Fliehigh. "Le...

IMPORTANT MATTER
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C45645.4BD06FE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1256" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi=20 I have two questions : 1- I have Microsoft Outlook Professional 2002 XP, there is an item in = the tools menu which is (out of office assistant ), i do not have this = item in my outlook.Can you help me,please? The case is very sensitive for me.By the way, this item needs Outkook = Exchange,but i do not have this.So, what can i do for this ? 2- Does microsoft Outlook 2003 has this item? ...

Importing from Evernote
I want to migrate from Evernote to OneNote. I have about 3,000 notes in Evernote, and every single one contains a hyperlink. I can't use the Print-to-OneNote option, because that results in notes that are really just images of my Evernote notes. They are no longer editable, and the hyperlinks are no longer links at all. I'm having a hard time believing that Microsoft doesn't want to make it easy for me to migrate and use their product instead. Can anybody suggest techniques or workarounds that will let me easily migrate my notes? Right now I am cutting and pasting each...

Importing
I'm using Pub2003, SP3, under XP Pro SP3, everything fully patched. I'm trying to prepare a little book for printing. I open a blank document in Pub, set printer page to A5 (the same as I typed the pages in Word) but whenever I import the Word document, Pub returns to A4 size pages. If I try to reset the print pages to A5 I end up with what I can only describe as a mess. Any ideas, anyone? TIA John Create a text box, with the cursor in the text box right-click, click change text, text file, browse to your Word file. Have you setup your publication as a boo...

Mapping Data During Import
I'm wanting to take data from one Excel worksheet and import it into another existing worksheet . . . but I want to map the data as it is imported. Is this possible? EXAMPLE: I want to import the data from column "widgets" on one worksheet into the existing column "really cool widgets" on another worksheet. -- Brandon ...

Check out this important package for Windows
--ccvwjrxqepaxnd Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="cufjuowcxywpdnf"; type="multipart/alternative" --cufjuowcxywpdnf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xwdswgqowycfjtp" --xwdswgqowycfjtp Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabili...

Record Selector.
I have a subform whose default view is SingleForm. I have disabled the Record Selector and the Navigation Buttons as meaningless in the context of the parent form and sized everything accordingly. Nevertheless, I would like the information they convey to be available discretely on the subform at least for the time being during development and testing. Is there a way to display this info in say a textbox? I do not need to see the arrowhead or the editor's pencil symbols. just some indication of which would be there if the Selector was enabled. -- Len ____________________...

Importing contacts from ACT! 6.0 into Outlook 2003
I'll not bore you with all the unbelievable steps I have gone through to help out a friend get his contacts from ACT! 6.0 to Outlook 2003 and I still haven't managed it. What is the secret? Peter Ask Act! --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Peter A. Forkes asked: | I'll not bore you with all the unbelievable steps I have gone through | to help out a friend get his contacts from ACT! 6.0 to Outlook 20...

Issue of hanging importing customisations
Hello. When I try to import all customisations, the import hangs. A check of in event viewer this finds that an error is being reported as follows: MSCRMWebService Customization Import failed. Error: Thread was being aborted. Following this, .net reports the following error: Event code: 3001 Event message: The request has been aborted. Event time: 2/21/2008 6:35:06 AM Event time (UTC): 2/21/2008 2:35:06 PM Event ID: 6b63000df6944cb082c50321c502108d Event sequence: 546 Event occurrence: 1 Event detail code: 0 Application information: Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-1-12848075134...

Using TransferSpreadsheet Macro to import a single sheet from exce
I have an excel workbook with multiple sheets of data. I am trying to use a TransferSpreadsheet Macro to import 2 individual sheets to seperate tables in access. (I have a seperate Macro for each sheet) What is the correct "format" to identify the individual sheet in the Path? As an example the file path is: C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Monthly reporting\Monthy Reports for Access Import.xls One of the sheets is labled "Financial Data" - How do I add this to the end of the path so it imports this sheet? The error I get is "not a valid pa...

import from Excel to Access
I am trying to import a worksheet from Excel 2003 to Access 2003 and having mixed results. I use File --> Get External Data and import a spreadsheet along with its field names into a new Access table. I have Access create a primary key, and in the import process it does not allow me to designate the data type, so I am stuck with whatever Access decides each field is. Then I try to import the EXACT SAME DATA into the table, so I know that the field names are EXACTLY the same (and I have checked each one in Excel prior to the first import to make sure that there are no odd symbols, etc. and ...

Select record from a subform to display on the main form
I have a main form bound to tblVendors with a subform bound to tblContacts. How can the user select one record from the subform, bring it to the main form, and have it remain there every time the record on tblVendors is opened until the user changes the subform record selection? The subform has the following fields: contactname, phone, fax, email. I want all four of these fields to be brought to the main form. -- Thanks. Sammie Access 2003 I think you are misunderstanding what a subform is for. USUALLY, a subform is used to display the many side of a one-to-many relationship. S...