import UTF8 to Excel

I import a text file which was saved in UTF8 format to
Excel, but the characters are mashed.
If I save the file in unicode by notepad, then I can
import to Excel without problem.
But the same UTF8 text file, I can open in Word.
Any one can help?
0
anonymous (74722)

Trying to merge or at least import (I suppose)
I have a dual boot of XPP SP2 on C:\ and Vista on E:\. I have Outlook Express accounts on both, and what I would like to do is the most efficient way to import (have never done that) or burn by .dbx folders to DVD or zip them and email them so that if I can't merge the two OE mail accounts with same address via one ISP I could at least have them side by side. I also wondered had if I were to make a different email profile in Vista, if I could access that email account in XP if I also made the same address in XP (probably not is the answer to my last sentence). I also want to do ...

How do I sort a column of formulas in Excel? #2
I have a column of dates that I produced by putting in the first date. Then the next and following were simply a formula =SUM(A4+7) and so on for five years of Sundays. I wanted to have two for each sunday I could have them sorted by AM or PM so I duplicated the list and put AM in the next column beside the first 5 years of Sundays and PM beside the next five years. I then sorted with column A (dates) descending and column B (AM/PM) descending. I expected to get 01/01/2000 AM and then 01/01/2000 PM under each other and so on but the formulated column would not sort. I tried a sample of ...

Excel 2003 Macro File
Once I establish Macros in Excel 2003 can I easily transfer these to another computer running Excel 2003? At least in 2002, macros are part of the file. So, if you move the file they go too or you could copy/paste or export/import. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Boyd Burnette" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:016e01c3cfd0$98af7a50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Once I establish Macros in Excel 2003 can I easily > transfer these to another computer running Excel 2003? Boyd Macros reside in a file, either the file in which yo...

Access 2003 to Excel 2003 Q's
Hello! I have a form which uses the .copyfromrecordset method to populate a set of rows in an Excel template from a query. Then the Excel template is saved as a new .xls file. Two issues: 1) After the Excel template is populated and saved as a new file, when you subsequently open the new file the workbook is hidden. How do I make the workbook visible after the data is inserted into the Excel file? 2) Within the rows I'm populating with the .copyfromrecordset method I need one of the cells in each row to contain a simple formula. I tried faking Excel and sending the string "=...

Excel Count
Hi All, I have a interesting question. I have a worksheet with A1:E1 having headings of a certain table. A2:E2 have the details as columns. This is continued in A3:E3 as well as A4:E4. I need to find the occurances of a value in these rows and display the heading for the same in a result column. (say F2 trough F5) Could any one please help me out with this. Thanks, Anoop. Take a look at the MATCH and INDEX functions in XL Help. Hope this helps. Pete On Feb 10, 10:56=A0am, Anoop <anoopsanth...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > I have a interesting question. > > I ha...

Help with importing data
Hi All, I'm currently using Access 2002 Sp3 and I'm having troubles with importing data from a text file. The text file is 750Mb in size. Are there any handy tips or tricks that I ould using tryiong to import this data. Whenever I try to import data Access stops responding. Rgds, Dolphy With a file that size you have to do a line by line import ie write your own routine Pieter "Dolphy" <Kyrpto@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1190847728.817529.138530@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I'm currently using Access 2002 Sp3 and I'm having...

Import Text File
Hi, I need to import a FixedLength text file every month and every month I have to go through the process of setting up which columns I want to import and so on. In Access you can save the import spec for use later on i.e. I only have to import the file once and then on subsequent imports I use the same spec. Is this possible with Excel, if yes could someone give me step by step instructions or direct me to a place that can tell me Thanks Hi have a look at the following macro: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Newbie wrote: > Hi, &...

can I use both Excel 2003 and Excel 2010 on the same pc ?
Can I use both Excel 2003 and Excel 2010 on the same pc ? I have licenses for both. Thanks, Lynn Yes, you can. Install 2003 first then 2010. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 15:31:05 -0600, Lynn McGuire <lmc@winsim.com> wrote: >Can I use both Excel 2003 and Excel 2010 on the same pc ? > >I have licenses for both. > >Thanks, >Lynn And install them in separate folders - even better is on separate partitions. -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA "Lynn McGuire" <lmc@winsim.com> wrote in message news:id3qet$43g$1@news.eternal-septembe...

Use of Excel for Mailing List
Does the latest vesion of excel delete mailing list duplications automatically? No.. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "tjd" wrote: > Does the latest vesion of excel delete mailing list duplications automatically? But if you want help working with duplicates, take a trip to Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm He has a bunch of techniques for working with duplicates. tjd wrote: > > Does the latest vesion of excel delete mailing list duplications automatically? -- Dave Peterson ...

Import Contacts from Outlook 2003 into CRM 1.2
When i want to import contacts from outlook 2003 into MS CRM 1.2 its getting a real mess, any information about my contacts is standing on the wrong place, does anybody know how i can imput the contacts the good way? Bob Schenk DTA Systems BV. ...

Importing from an excel sheet
MS Access 2003 I'm trying to import an excel sheet which contains embedded OLE objects as one of the columns (named Attachments). Using the Import Wizard it is noted that the data type for the 'Attachments', as for the other columns cannot be changed. Basically these consist of word documents, which provide further descriptions to the textual summaries within the excel sheet. The problem is that the import wizard seems to ignore the contents of these cells. Is it possible to retrieve the OLE objects in batch somehow? ...

Date Sorting problem in Excel
There have been many posts on this issue, but I am trying to figure out the best/simplest solution. We use a propriatary software to export a report results into Excel spread sheet.The resulting spread sheet has a TEXT/General format for all columns by default. But even if I select the date column and format it as "Date", sort by that column does not really sort by the date year. It does an alphanumeric sort by the first digit which is a month. How can we sort by date so that the real date value is taken into account. I.e., right now it sorts like this: 01/03/2000 01/04/2004 02/28...

Bulk import of data in HR module
We have the HR module integrated with Payroll but are grossly underutilizing it. One goal is to be able to import a summary .csv file from our health insurance provider in order to populate the HR tables with health ins choices, COBRA info, etc. Integration Manager doesn't seem to see the HR module as a valid destination. Any way to get this (and other) data into Great Plains? Thanks! Doug There are two ways: a. eConnect. This is a programmers tool, but does makes things quite easy as it handles all the business logic. A record gets imported or rejected b. Direct table import. ...

Excel Charts #9
I am trying to copy a chart from one workbook to another that are linked together. when I copy my chart and select paste in my other workbook I get the error "No more new fonts may be installed in this document". I am able to copy or move it into my other workbook, but must hit ok to this error about 15 times before it lets me proceed. What can I do to fix this? -- Sandi Gardner Hi - You're probably running into internal resource limitations in Excel. How complex is your source and target workbook? If you've got multiple charts in both you're going to run into t...

Can't import *.pst files in outlook 2000
A windows 2000 install failed and I got an NTDLR message. I couldn't get in so I copied the data files onto a CD. I reinstalled windows 98 and then imported the saved *.pst file into a newly installed outlook 2000. Everything came over except the last 3 months. Then I realized that I had imported an archive file. When I tried to import other *.pst files, none would come over except those labeled archive.pst. I have tried everyting, like using the open command--nothing; I checked each of the files and made sure the the read only box was unchecked. I am flummoxed because when I go to ...

How do I make a horizontal box & whiskers chart in Excel 2007
I need to make a horizontal box & whiskers chart. Most directions are for a vertical chart. I am using Excel 2007 Jon Peltier has a technique at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerH.html -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "dw" <dw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EA22AEA-C925-43D1-B895-DC103B8039B0@microsoft.com... >I need to make a horizontal box & whiskers chart. Most directions are for >a > vertical chart. I am using Excel 2007 ...

Excel hangs computer when adjusting margins
Hi, I am running Office 97 on a Win Me platform. When I attempt to do anything related to adjusting margins in Excel the computer hangs. The only recourse is to shutdown the computer and reboot. Has anyone experienced a similar problem and if so were you able to overcome it? Thanks in advance, Graeme Just a guess, but when you're adjusting the margins, you're accessing the printer driver. If you change drivers, does is work ok? If yes, then maybe a trip to the printer manufacturer for a new/fresh driver would be in order. Graeme wrote: > > Hi, > > I am runni...

when I changed the time scale on excel chart the lines on the lin.
When I changed the category axis to show just four digit years over a span of ten years the lines on the line graph disappeared. Can someone pleas help me Thanks ...

Excel Chart Template Location
All, Does anyone know where are the user-defined Excel Chart templates located? I have created a worksheet with a lot of charts and many of them are using user-defined templates. Now I need to pass the worksheet on to another co-worker to work on it, since the tempates reside on my computer, I have to find them and copy them over to my co-worker. I searched under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\ and also under my own Documents & Settings path, but nothing there. Any help will be very much appreciated. ...

Can excel data be encrypted?
I have Employee numbers that I want to encrypt so the employees cant be identified. Can this be done in excel and how? Thank you. "Confused" wrote: > I have Employee numbers that I want to encrypt > so the employees cant be identified. Can this be > done in excel and how? Almost anything can be done "in Excel" if you are willing to program in VBA ;-). There might be good free or for-payment solutions available. I don't know. For my own purposes, I wrote my own macros that encode/decode using a fairly simple algorithm based on a user-input ...

Printing Excel
2007 Excel - Have spreadsheet that I ahve hidden numerous columns. I would like to print columns on screeen now. Columns are A,B,AS thru BA. In pat I ahve been able to do tis with this spreadsheet by using print titles A2-BA50. However now this is causing a title page and each cell to print on a page (48 pages). Any ideas on how to fix On 4/15/2010 8:51 AM, Stu wrote: > 2007 Excel - Have spreadsheet that I ahve hidden numerous columns. I would > like to print columns on screeen now. Columns are A,B,AS thru BA. In pat I > ahve been able to do tis with this spreadsh...

Importing Email Into Microsoft Outlook
How do you import attachments along with their relevant email message from Eudora Pro to Microsoft Outlook 2003? I can import all the messages and folders, but the attachments don't work. Any help would be great. -- B_All What format does Eudora support for export? Can you drag and drop the attachments from EP to Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, B_All asked: | H...

excel #14
hi, I need to limit what is entered into a specific column associated with ssn's. Specifically, I do not want someone to enter dashes or add spaces. Reason is formating purposes assocated with linking information into Access. Have you Tried Data Validation (Data/Validation - select whole number, minimum of zero) You could also format the cell to show dashes with Format/Cells/Special - SSN. "Renetta" wrote: > hi, > > I need to limit what is entered into a specific column associated with > ssn's. Specifically, I do not want someone to enter dashes or ad...

Excel 2002 Bugs
Hello, A couple of questions: 1. When I insert as drop shadow frame around a title that is centered over my page columns, it causes the page to no longer be horizontally centered on the page, even though I have activated this option in Page Setup. 2. When I insert certain symbols in Excel, they seem to disappear unless I'm in "edit" mode in the same cell. 3. Where can I find a listing of bugs in Excel 2002 and other Office 2002 programs? THANKS! Excel has no bugs -- it has undocumented features! "Dee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Send email from excel to notes
Hi, I am sending email from excel to notes using below code. Dim LotusNotesSession As Object Dim LotusNotesMailFile As Object Dim LotusNotesDocument As Object Dim LotusNotesField As Object strshdrivepath = Range("c33").Value If Right(strshdrivepath, 1) <> "\" Then strshdrivepath = strshdrivepath & "\" End If Dim vaRecipient As Variant vaRecipient = Sheets("RawData").Range("c6:c30").Value strDate = Format(Now(), "mm/dd/yy") strmsg = "Daily A...