import paradox database into excel

I have a database written in programme  called Paradox and I would like to
fransfer it into Excel.
0
fange (1)

You may find this a bit tricky, depending on the complexity of links
between tables and queries within the original database.  Tables hold
information, and queries manipulate that data; if you need data that is
the result of a Paradox query you will not, AFAIK, be able to import
that to Excel.  You'll have better luck if you need data from tables.

In a quick web search I notice that converter software is available,
which might be a fallback position in case on-board export capability
within Paradox doesn't work for you.

0
CycleZen (674)

importing pst files #3
I've had to reload Office 2000. I am now trying to import the Outlook backup I made, which is a .pst file. I'm following the import directions, Outlook is performing the task, but nothing is showing up - I am unable to see any of my contacts, emails, or folders I created. HELP! I'm desperate! Why are you trying to import? Why not just use the old .pst file as your main Outlook data file? If you need help in doing this, go to Help | About Microsoft Outlook and tell us whether Outlook is configured in Internet Mail Only or Corporate/Workgroup mode. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook M...

Duplicated messages during importing from Outlook Express
I now have duplicates of ever message..any suggestions on how to delete all my messages and re-import from outlook express... Thanks Try select all control A to select all message in your mailbox and press your delete key if you want to delte all messages. When you import there should be an option to check for duplicates as well. >-----Original Message----- >I now have duplicates of ever message..any suggestions on >how to delete all my messages and re-import from outlook >express... > >Thanks >. > Vince <vjong@adelphia.net> wrote: > I now have...

How do I return to the start of the next row
I am typing in a row of 8 numbers in EXCEL...when I finish and hit enter, I want to the cursor to move back to the FIRST column of the next row??? How can I command the machine to do this? Thanks Hi one way: - select your entry range before entering your data - now ENTER should bring you to the next row -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Barbara Retzko" <Barbara Retzko@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0023940B-9946-4E73-9772-10198D728A4E@microsoft.com... > I am typing in a row of 8 numbers in EXCEL...when I finish and hit enter, I >...

How do I use a password to protect an Excel file from peeping eyes?
Basically I finished my account tracker, but I would rahther use a password to prevent others from openning at all, I tried the Protect>>Protect workbook, but it doesn't work. Thanks. Do a file|SaveAs (you can use the same name). Then on that dialog Tools|General Options|provide a password to open (xl2002 wording) I think it was: tools|Options in earlier versions (but still under the file|saveas dialog) Fat Cat wrote: > > Basically I finished my account tracker, but I would rahther use a password > to > prevent others from openning at all, I tried the Protect>...

Smartlist export to Excel #2
Quantities for Inventory Items are set-up in our database with zero decimals. When exporting 'Inventory Purchase Receipt' information to Excel, quantities receipt and quantities sold, greather than 1000, are shown only the first digit in Excel, for example 4,799 is shown for 4. Any idea how to fix it??? Thanks, -- Toni Sounds more likely that the file is being exported as a csv using the print function in smartlist. -- Mick "Toni" wrote: > Quantities for Inventory Items are set-up in our database with zero decimals. > When exporting 'Inventory Purchase ...

Export MS-Excel to HTML
I am aware of the possibility to save an Excel document as html, but this generates a massive amount of html-code. The program xls2html do what I need where a link between each cell is created via a template. This would do the trick for me, but unfortunately this program is no longer supported and it does not include the hyperlinks in the html-code. Any ideas on how to update an html-document linked to an MS-Excel document? Real time linking is not needed - just a relatively easy way to do this every week or so to reflect price changes. Thanks. Mogens Hi Mogens See if you can find ...

Linked Excel table with forced text wrap
I have an Excel table linked to Access. The text in Excel is forced to wrap (I've tried both Alt-Enter and using Char(10) in an expression - same result). Char(10) or Alt/enter code shows up as a little box in Excel with no forced wrap. Any ideas? Here's the text in Excel (shows up as text, not dates) "12/12/05 1/03/06 3/22/06" Here's what I get in Access 12/12/05(little box)1/03/06(little box)(little box)3/22/06 ...

Excel ? how to get data points to be crosses
In MS excel the plotted data point options are triangles, squares and circles, all solid. How do I creatt them in just outline and how do I represent data points by crosses rather than those other shapes? Double click on a series of points, and click on the Patterns tab. You can choose any of the marker styles, including a cross, from the dropdown. To get an outline of the shape, select None for the background color of the marker. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ STEJHA wrote: > I...

Excel 2003
Hi - quick question, if you have a moment - I've got a (tall) column of names of the format: FirstName LastName I want to convert them to the format: LastName, FirstName Is this possible in Excel 2003? Thanks very much - Assume they start in A1, insert a new column B or use the one you have if it is empty, then in B1 put =MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255)&", "&LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) press enter Select B1 again, move the cursor to the lower right corner of B1 and when it changes from a thick cross to a think double click and copy down the formula. S...

Importing Contacts linked with accounts
Hi, I do not succed in importing contacts linked with accounts. I use the bulk import wizard tool. (I have 1000 contact to import) 1/ I import first accounts (name + adresses) 2/ Then I import contacts. I try to link contacts with the account name. (parent Account field). I try to link the contact with accounts using the name of "Parent Account" name. But this fails. I cannot import anything How can I create a link between Accounts and contact with the Bulk import wizard ? Thank you for your help. Pascal One way of doing this is to try something like this: 1. Go to SQL ...

exporting report into Excell
When I export a report into Excell, the bin location for some items shows as a date rather than a number or general. These items were created at different times. I have deleted the bin location, exited the item and the reentered the bin location to no avail. Any suggestions? Format the destination column as text and use the 'Paste Special... | Values Only' function. Also good for retaining leading zeroes. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "Sandy" wrote: > When I export a report into Excell, the bin location for some items shows as > a date rather than a number...

Annotating charts in Excel
I am creating a line chart in Excel, and want to annotate various movements in the line. It is a share price graph, with price against date (and volumes on a secondary axis), and I want to explain the significant peaks, troughs, movements etc. Ultimately I want arrows to point to the line which are sequentially numbered - I will have a separate table which shows the date and narrative for each number (space is limited on the chart itself, as I'll have about 10-15 arrows). Rather than drawing the arrows on manually, and adding text boxes with numbers, is there any quicker way of doing it...

How can I translate text in many cells of an Excel sheet from English to Greek with VBA
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet with thousands of rows and columns of text that I'd like to translate into Greek. Can anyone tell me how I might do that using VBA with some free service or API online? Many thanks in advance. Kim Kim wrote, on 01st March 2012 00:11 UTC + 1 : > Hi all, > > I have a spreadsheet with thousands of rows and columns of text that > I'd like to translate into Greek. > > Can anyone tell me how I might do that using VBA with some free > service or API online? > > Many thanks in advance. > > Kim Hello, This is a quite classical...

Importing a spreadsheet into MS Word
I have just upgraded my machine to MS Office 2003 and was wondering if there is anyway to import an Excel spreadsheet into a Word document? Could someone please let me know. Thanks Geordieboy -- Maybe just select your range, then copy|paste??? geordieboy wrote: > > I have just upgraded my machine to MS Office 2003 and was wondering if there > is anyway to import an Excel spreadsheet into a Word document? Could someone > please let me know. > > Thanks > > Geordieboy > -- -- Dave Peterson ...

imported impromtu report date issue
I am saving a cognos imrpomtu report in excel but not formatted up by report writer. It is giving me trouble in date fileds maybe. I need to understand that excel is reading date right I think the filed is orginally a date and time but not sure. Do I use a formula to fix or secire this date or do I just format as date in excel. If I format date and time I get the time as 12am un all fields so i assume from this no time was exported wow- thanks Hi What does the date field show in Excel, when formatted as General? Andy. "Todd F." <ToddF@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Smtp addresses export to excel file
I have and exchange 5.5 server. We have another location seperate from us that would like all of our smtp address in an excel format. I have tried several KB articles regaurding this. One uses the save window in exchange admin to create a csv file. This would work fine however when I open the file the only thing that is listed in the spreadsheet is the name of the mailbox, phone #, and date modified. No Smtp addresses are included. Is there an easier way. Any help much appreciated. Thanks! Hi Aaron, Thank you for your post! You can use Outlook to realize this feature. Just follow the step...

Project and Contact Database
I have created a database to track Jobs. Each job can have mutiple contacts. I have a jobs table and form and contacts table and form. how can i create a subform on the jobs form where i can list all of the contacts related to the particular job? Each job can have many contacts and each contact can be related to many jobs. "jessa13177" <jessa13177@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18283447-AA63-4E8E-AB3F-0104626B329E@microsoft.com... >I have created a database to track Jobs. Each job can have mutiple >contacts. > I have a jobs table ...

Pivot Table update without opening the Excel file.
Hi, I have a spreadsheet saved as an xlt. It has three pivot tables which connect to CSV data files using Microsoft Text Driver. The CSV files are updated overnight by an external application. The Excel file is in \\Server\Viewers The Data files are in \\Server\Data Local users use a shortcut to open the Excel file on \\Server\Viewers which the does an auto-update from the CSV files. The pivot table data is updated. All that has been working perfectly for years, internally. Now I need to send the same excel file to another company by email. I have succeeded in writing a vbscript that creates...

Excel trouble
Chris & Jerry Macrthy roml12@aol.com Maureen & Mike Mulligan momulligan@home.com Ann & George Raab araab7@hotmal.com Tom & Kathy Flaim tomkathy@nycap.rr.com Tom & Sally Ford tiford51@aol.com John & July Ford john9444@aol.com Ford pegtom-42@webtv.net Teresa-Irland stod37teachglass@eircom.net I have a user with an excel spreadsheet like this. Other users can just click on the email address to the right and have it open up an email client. On this users P/C he clicks on the address and it says that the operation can not be completed beacuse de...

Excel can't do hex
I would like to be able to define a group of cells as (hex, oct, or bin). The effect would be that when I input numbers, or the cell displays numbers they would be in the chosen format. For example: I set up cell A1 as a hex "type" cell. I set up cell B1 as a decimal "type" cell. In cell B1 I put the simple formula (=A1). Now I enter "ff" into A1 and "255" pops up in B1. I understand that there are hex2dec, dec2hex, bin2dec, ...etc formulas. These, however, aren't much help when you are trying to work with a different base across the whole spreads...

In Excel, why sort function fails when applied to a list of date?

macro in excel to copy from excel to word
i have a database in excel...which i would like to take more advantag of. I also have some forms in Word that I was hoping to be able to get the to be automatically completed using the excel database. Initially thought this would be quite simple.... just record the macr then modify it to suit. This using simple copy from excel and paste into word document, o pasting into form..field..values. I have done a little before with excel macros - to a level of 'usin excel programming for dummies' book. But really do not know where t start now. Have seen this: "Dim appWD As Word.Appl...

pasting linked excel cell and maintaining formatting no matter wha
I am linked pasting a data cell from Excel into Word. I am using the paste special, paste link: unformatted text I make adjustments to the font and font size in Word. I goto Excel, and I modify the text in the cell and go back to Word and it changes. How can I get the formatting to stay the same, no matter what? In Word, make sure to modify the *paragraph style* applied to text. That way you would prevent any unexpected changes when the OLE link is updated. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "JEB" wrote: > I am linked pasting a data cell from Exce...

Importing from Access to Excel
How do you import either a delimited text file or an Access table to Excel when the source file is over 65,000 lines (my maximum with Excel 2002). I would like to be able to import the text file to muliple worksheets on Excel. Thanks Since an Excel worksheet has 65,536 rows (period) your best bet may be to break your source file up into several, each have no more than that. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Excel.exe has generated error/Days calculation from date
An error message occure while opening specific file "Excel.exe has geneated Errors and will be closed by the windows you need to restart the program." How can we get the No. of days using two date calculation because days360() is not solving the problem. I would highly appreciate for help ...