Import information to Excel

I have a link to transfer data from an internet resource into my excel sheet.
I can only grab block of information from the webpage. Is there a way to
specify the inforation I want instead of having to link the whole block of
data? The reason I'm asking is when I link a block, several column of data
will be imported to Excel in one column. I use "Text to Columns", but that
won't help next time I refresh the data.

Thanks.

Jason
0
Jason4159 (666)

in <get external data> if you want  the tables only  you can specify.  If
you want only one table then also you can specify. Only problem is to give
the table number. You can find the number either by going through the source
code or by trial and error.  once you download/refresh your data you can
have a macro to convert text to columns which you can repeatedly use. You
create the macro when you fist time convert  textto columns and modify that
macro if necessary and use it.

--
remove $$$ from email addresss to send email

Jason <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a link to transfer data from an internet resource into my excel
sheet.
> I can only grab block of information from the webpage. Is there a way to
> specify the inforation I want instead of having to link the whole block of
> data? The reason I'm asking is when I link a block, several column of data
> will be imported to Excel in one column. I use "Text to Columns", but that
> won't help next time I refresh the data.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jason

Thanks.

Jason

"R.VENKATARAMAN" wrote:

> in <get external data> if you want  the tables only  you can specify.  If
> you want only one table then also you can specify. Only problem is to give
> the table number. You can find the number either by going through the source
> code or by trial and error.  once you download/refresh your data you can
> have a macro to convert text to columns which you can repeatedly use. You
> create the macro when you fist time convert  textto columns and modify that
> macro if necessary and use it.
>

> --
> remove $$$ from email addresss to send email
>

> Jason <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a link to transfer data from an internet resource into my excel
> sheet.
> > I can only grab block of information from the webpage. Is there a way to
> > specify the inforation I want instead of having to link the whole block of
> > data? The reason I'm asking is when I link a block, several column of data
> > will be imported to Excel in one column. I use "Text to Columns", but that
> > won't help next time I refresh the data.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Jason

0
Jason4159 (666)