Import from web query problem

When importing from a web query the cell value <10E 6/L
or <10^ 6/L does not import ie target cell is blank. Same
happens whether the middle space is left in or out. Cells
such as <100 import OK. Any suggestions as to what is
happening here would be appreciated. Thanks.

0
excel6707 (2)

Problems with reports
Hi, we are having troubles with our MSCRM. We installed MSCRM on a demo-pc within our dmz. Everything works fine as long the user connects from the local company network. But if the user connects from external everything works except the reports. Even the list of reports isn't displayed within MSCRM. Has anyone a clue? Thank you very much for your help Chris are you using ssl on your external web as crystal will not work over ssl (so i have been told) "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1836101c41afb$9eb7dde0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > ...

How do I fix a sudden problem with sending and receiving emails f.
I have been successfully using Outlook as my default email program with my SBCYahoo dsl for some months and then I was not. The only thing I can link it to, possible, is that for a short while I agreed to allow Microsoft to monitor my use of their programs. after about a week, some of the programs didn't work as well and some other problems occurred, so a uninstalled that program. what happen now is that the process times out after receiveing a few of the emails and says that "connection was interrupted"-which is impossible since I am 'always connected' via dsl...

Problem with Windows Live Signin
I am currently used Money Plus Home and Business, and have problem sign in my Data with MSN Windows Live ID. I was recently chagne my Windows Live Messenger Login ID. As I read Money suppose to detect the change. Now how do I fix this problem. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Luan Pham wrote: >I am currently used Money Plus Home and Business, and have problem >sign in my Data with MSN Windows Live ID. I was recently chagne my >Windows Live Messenger Login ID. As I read Money suppose to detect >the change. Now how do I fix this problem. Thanks See if this helps: http://s...

Junk email problem...
We run a exchange 2003 environment and all of our users run Outlook 2003. We turn off the "junk email filter" in outlook but for some reason email is still going into our users junk email folders on their mailboxes. I am assuming somewhere in exchange this option is turned on and filtering this email. Any ideas on what I am missing? Thanks all Halve, I've been experiencing the same issue and have not found a solution for it as of yet. I've used group policies to disable the Junk Email filter in Outlook and have used the OWA Administration Tool to disable the Junk E...

Importing large tab-delimited text files?
I deal with very large data sets that are in tab-delimited .txt format. Many times, there are more than 256 columns of data. The Microsoft Knowledge Base had an article titled "Sample Macro to Import Data with More Than 256 Fields or Columns". This could do the trick for me if I could modify the macro to accomodate tab-delimited formats. Q1: Could anyone tell me how to modify the macro described above for tab-delimited .txt files? Q2: Does anyone know of a bulk file conversion utility that would change a tab-delimited text file to a CSV format? Thanks a bunch, Mark R-S Ma...

PROBLEM SIZING A TEXT BOX IN A FORM
Access 2007/vista I have a form in which I cannot adjust the text boxes INDIVIDUALLY. I click on a text box and it becomes surrounded by an orange border, indicating it is selected. But when I size it smaller or larger, all the other text boxes in the form move in tandem. I have not encountered this before and am baffled. Ideas? -- William ...

Page SetUp Print Problems
A friend has a spreadsheet that is giving him some problems. We go to Page Break Preview and the sheet is 2 pages wide. My friend wanted to make 1 page wide so we dragged the blue line to the right to make it one page. Excel, instead of doing that, made it 20 or more pages. We went to the Page Setup and noticed that Excel had changed the scaling down to 10%. We wanted it to be 1 page wide by 6 pages long so we put that info in but Excel did not accept it. We thought maybe something was wrong with the sheet itself so we selected all the cells and cut/paste them into a new sheet - but it s...

auto numbering in a query
Hi all, I need to build a query that have in a field auto numbering and in a certain formating for example: 0001 0002 ....... 0012 ....... is it posible? Is this to produce data that will be viewed in a report, by any chance? "thread" <yaniv.dg@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175794888.467011.108490@w1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > I need to build a query that have in a field auto numbering and in a > certain formating > for example: > 0001 > 0002 > ...... > 0012 > ...... > is it posible? > On Apr 5, 2:42 pm, "BruceM&q...

Format problem #6
Somehow my formatting appears to be defaulting to time. Everytime I copy formulas or data from one cell to another the format changes to time. How do you stop this from happening? -- Gary If you land the cell pointer on a particular cell and cut-and-paste, then the format of the original cell will follow to the pasted cell. If you're encountering "phantom" formats then the cell may have been previously formatted. I tried to get a blank sprdsht to behave in the manner you describe, and couldn't. My error: this often happens to me when using cells formatted as dates or...

Problem in showing dialog boxes from a regular dll
Hi, I had a MFC application to be used as icon window (hidden). Also I had a regular MFC DLL exporting functions that will show MFC dll. All these functions are calling the AFX_MANAGE_STATE macro and PreTRansalte message is implemented. If the functions are called from any exe they work as expected even calling from my tray icon app is alright. Now I have merged some the resources (dialogs and string) of tray icon into my dll. Still tray icon works fine. There is another console application that calls my resouce dll to display dialog boxes as well and it also works fine. Now if my ...

problem with laptop client
hi everybody, i've got a lot of troubles with laptop client for outlook (CRM 3.0) i've installed MS CRM 3.0 in a win 2003 server, with sql2005 and exchange 2003. my pc is logged to a different domain, not the one with CRM, but these 2 domains are in trust between them. CRM via web works right. but if i try to install laptop client (but also desktop client) on my pc, i get an error (no communication or similar) when i run outlook (2003 sp2) during installation i put "http://192.168.0.100" (ip address of CRM server) when asked. do I have to put another ip address? or even if ...

selecting a query from a combo box
HELP! Need to design a DB for my boss and I am lost! I have a database which lists students who have went on exchange over the last 17 years to over 20 countries and numerous institutions.. I have set up 3 queries/reports using parameters so the user can enter: 1) the year 2) the country or 3) the insitution. Now the problem is the insitution query as the name of the institution can get spelt various ways so I would prefer the user to select the institution from the drop down box which they use to enter the data into the table under the field "institution". My f...

Send mail problem #2
POsted this in outlook.general with no response so will try this group. APologies for the cross post but I am still unable to resolve this issue. W2K Pro will all patches and updates. Had Outlook running fine for a long time strictly for internet email at home. Worked on getting a VPN connection through our firewall at work. The VPN connection did work but I was unable to get my outlook to pull mail from our server once I reconfigured Outlook for Exchange. Uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled. Configured for my internet account only and now it will not send mail at all. The server properties...

Chart drawing problem in Excel 2003
Over the last few months I have had the same problem in excel with all charts where I've used a two colour fill effect for either a data series or background. When I use this feature the entire chart is only viewable in black and white and excel takes a long time to actually draw the chart. However if I print the chart or even copy and paste into excel all the colours are as they should be. The mpeg moving shows how excel draws an example chart when the chart sheet is activated http://www.paperlessbooks.co.uk/barchart_example.avi and to see how excel prints to pdf see the pdf belo...

Device problem
Hi, I've already spent several hours trying to figure this out, reading forums and suggestions, trying different things, and not succeeding at all. So, I decided to post my problem on here. I have a Samsung YP-S2 (Pebble). With the device, I had to install Samsung Media Studio. Everything was working great until a couple of weeks ago. I plugged in my device to add new songs, BUT Samsung Media Studio won't recognize it...so I can't do anything. Now, I noticed that My Computer lists the device as "unspecified" now. It used to list it as a portable devi...

Problems with CRM & Outlook add-ins
Hello everyone, I've been having problems with the CRM and Outlook add-ins. For some reason the CRM won't start correctly if some toolbars and add-in are installed (like Plaxo toolbar and iTunes add-in). I get the error that it couldn't connect to the microsoft crm server. If I disable these add-ins, the CRM works. I'd appreciate your help here, because some people in my company need these toolbars. Thanks, Guy ...

XPath problem #3
Hi all, How come the following XPath expression doesn't return any nodes? descendant::*[node()=SignerInfo] Here's how it's called on the document root node: XmlNodeList list = m_xmlDoc.DocumentElement.SelectNodes(sXPathExpression); Here's the XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Deal BPApplication="WCC" xmlns="http://tempuri.org/TestWCDealSchema.xsd"><Applicants><SignerInfo ApplicantType=""><FirtName /><MiddleName /><LastName /><SSN /><Adress><Street /><C...

problem with updating calendar appointments
Hi, I have a problem where sometimes a user will update an appointment in their calendar and send an update to all attendees. The updated information is accepted and show in the attendees calendar but when the user later checks the their calendar that updated information is missing. Has anyone else had this problem? Everyone is running Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2007. The user also has 1 Delegate with editor access to their calendar and meeting requests/responses sent to both delegate and themselves. Kind Regards I have the same problem with Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003...

Problem sending mail in office 2007 and windows7
Hi, I have a word template which in autonew makes a mail merge and sends e-mail. This have worked fine but now one of my customers have updated to windows7 and office 2007 and suddenly no mail is sent. I have other customers running XP and office 2007 were it works fine. But for this client the question from outlook is raised asking if its OK to send mail from an other application but no mail is sent. The code: Sub Autonew() Dim SQL_sats As String Registry_Path = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\The company\Directories" Registry_Key = "CustDocs" Fo...

Problem Installing R3 Rollup (Target Processor Not Installed)
We're having an issue installing the Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R3 Update Rollup and was wondering if other people have had the same issue. Our system was installed with Processor Support for x86 and ARM and was already updated with R2 and QFE updates until December 2008 (2008 Yearly Update was applied.) We worked with this version for a while and had no problems. Now we want to apply R3 and all applicable updates, according to MSDN we should install R3, R3 Rollup, October 2009 QFE and November 2009 QFE in that order. We have installed the R3 update without problems and have t...

Please help Sync problem: Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002
Since two weeks ago each time I try to sync my messages in Windows Live Mail with my Hotmail account I get the following error: Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (XXXXXXX) account. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services. Server Error: 0x80191002 Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002 ...

MS Query not installed for New Database Query
I have Excel 2000 SP3 & Windows XP Home When I go to Data | Get External Data | Run Saved Query I can imort data from an Access database into an Excel worksheet. Wheh I go to Data | Get External Data | New Database Query after a delay a message appears to tell me that MS Query is not installed. MSQRY32.EXE is in the Office folder & I have reinstalled it by renaming it to .old & running the Add/Remove facility in the Office installer to no avail. I have searched the MSKB & found an article at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;179686 that refers to...

Problem with "=rand()"
I wrote if staements for a random number generator, yet they dont work with the random number generator. All I am trying to do is make sure two of the same numbers do not show up. Without the rand. the formulas work fine. HELP!!!! -- comotoman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ comotoman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27292 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469176 post your formulas so they can be evaluated. what is the expected result? what are you getting as a resul...

Excel cut/Paste Problem: Year changes after data is copy and paste
I am using Excel 2003, and here is the problem. I have an Excel sheet that contains financials. Different departments need different sections of the data, so I copy and paste out only those sections they need and paste it into a new Excel sheet. The colums are broken up into dates, and formated to show date-year (Dec-05). For some reason, when I copy and paste sections, the date will change, for example Dec-05 will change to Dec-01. I have to go thru and manually correct all the dates. Can anyone tell me what is causing this? . .. maybe the cells in the New worksheet are preset to a c...

Use query for Row Source?
I attempted to use a combo-box to look-up records on a form. The RowSource query that is generated by the wizard included 2 data fields. I wanted to show only a distinct list of the second, non-key data element (col1). When I changed the RowSource query to SELECT distinct Col1, the combo-box displays nothing. I then created a stored query with the SELECT distinct Col1. They query runs correctly, but when I put in in the RowSource, it displays nothing. Any clue what I could be doing wrong? On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:17:03 -0700, JHC wrote: > I attempted to use a combo-box to look-u...