Import/Export XML in protected worksheet

I developped an excel tool on which most of the cells are protected (and I
need to keep them protected). I mapped an XML schema on all the worksheet
entries. I would like to be able to import and export all these entries but
Excel does not let me do that when the worksheet is protected. Can anybody
help?

Forms & Worksheets
I want to create a form in word that will automatically add entered info into an excel worksheet? Is this possible Charlene, Setup you data in ordered columns, with headings in row 1, then menu Data>Form. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Charlene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8A03DD4-85DB-4F80-B94A-C568FB95531E@microsoft.com... > I want to create a form in word that will automatically add entered info into an excel worksheet? Is th...

Compare entries in 2 worksheets and list what does not match
Good Day All; I have 2 Excell works sheets with approx 14000 rows each. What I would like to do is compare both lists and get a 3rd list that shows what entries do not match. Is there a simple way to do ythis in Excel Thanks All Chomp Assuming A1 should equal A1 in the other sheet... =IF(Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1,"",Sheet!A1&" does not match "&Sheet2!A1) Auto-Filter for non-blanks. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "The Chomp" wrote: > Good Day All; > > I have 2 ...

Need to import EDI file
Hello. I have an EDI TS-130 file (academic transcript) that I would like to import into Access 2003. Is this possible to do for free? If so, how? ...

Upgrading
I want to upgrade from Microsoft Money Financial Suite OEM Edition Version 11.0 to latest version but on trying to open the money file in Microsoft Money 2007 I get the following error message: File was created by an incompatible version Question 1: As the old version was pre-loaded into the Computer when I bought it in India, I don't know which country US/Canada/UK/Australia this software belongs to. So how can I confirm which country is it for? Question 2: And, how can I upgrade it to a version of Money from US or UK. -- Kapil ...

Remove file Protection from an Excel workbook file from others
I have an older excel file created by someone who is no longer with my company. I want to use that file as a starting point to created another file. The file is set up as "read only". If I try to change any of the cells, I get the message that the "cell or chart is protected and therefore read only" and further tells me to unprotect before attempting the change. When I got to tools/protection/Unprotect Sheet I get the request for a password. I don't know the password as the file was created by another. I have tried "save as", from tools making sur...

Importing Messages From Another Mail Program
I just set up outlook express 6.00.2900.2180 for XP SP2 and wish to import my messages and folders from Netscape 7.0 mail and when I follow the instructions and click on the netscape Local Folder inbox file, I get a message from outlook that says there aren't any messages in the file. I tried to mail the files as attachments but that didn't work. Is there some other way to export these messages .to outlook express. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is...

Somehow I created a Macro in a worksheet.
I created a macro in an Excel worksheet somehow. I didn't try to, it just happened. Now everytime I open that workbook, it asks me if I want to run the macro, disable it, etc. How the hell do I get rid of the macro? It doesn't show up under tools, macros. And it apparently doesn't do anything either because I can disable it and nothing different happens. Who invented this system anyway? Thanks, V When you record a macro, a module is created to store the macro code. There are instructions here for removing the module that is causing the prompt to appear: http://www.c...

Excel ask duplicate NAMES when duplicate a worksheets
I have added a NAME called "Above" where point to the cell just above the current cell. The formula is "=INDIRECT("R[-1]C",)" In some workbook, when I duplicate a worksheets, this name will remain silent and work ok. But in some workbooks, when I first duplicate a worksheets, the same name ABOVE will be duplicate and a new local name (belongs to that new worksheet) will be created. If I further duplicate that new worksheets in to a new worksheets, the third worksheets will be warned that a dupicate NAME is existed and ask whether refer to another name or use a ne...

Most important file won't open
The only file I can't get into is my most important one. Each time I try to open it I get a "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down." In the details it says, "Excel caused an invalid page fault in module MS097.dll at 0167:306eef2e." How do I fix the problem? Jim, "The only file I can't get into is my most important one" why is it always this file! Just a couple of things to try, have you rebooted the computer? this will sometime solve a world of problems, try opening it on another computer, was anything added to the file...

How do I import data from lotus123 & maintain formulas/worksheets
I am trying to convert several complex Lotus 123 workbooks with formulas into Excel 2003. How do I do this and maintain my formulas and the individual tabs (worksheets). hi, if the lotus file is a wks version or earlier, xl should open it and let you save it as an xl file. if the lotus file is a 123 version or higher, you can open the file in lotus and save it as an xl file. if you don't have lotus, find someone who does. "Ineluctable" wrote: > I am trying to convert several complex Lotus 123 workbooks with formulas into > Excel 2003. How do I do this and maintai...

importing schema
Hello, If I have a nice schema, created with xml spy. Can I import to visio. creating a nice visio diagram? thanks visio (and the other office products) each has their own schemas. However, that does not preclude your creating an xslt transform to map to what is appropriate to what visio requires. Chris Roth one of the MVPs has a nice presentation on some of the basics. http://www.visguy.com/2006/11/30/visio-and-xml-conference-resources/ al "greg" <greg@nospam.com> wrote in message news:u0WkWPtIHHA.780@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hello, > If I have a nice schem...

Problem with vba code to export query result in excel
Hi, I have a access report that exports to excel with click of a button after choosing parameters. This works well. However I have to modify couple of fields to utilize formula in the export module. I am not sure how to do this. I am writing the above code which seems to cause problem. I appreciate any help to resolve this issue. Thanks. Code: If lngColumn = 12 Then xlc.Offset(0, lngColumn).Value = =([UnitPrice]*[OriginalShippedQty])/1000 End If It seems the fields UnitPrice and OrigianalShippedQty are not being recognized here Jack wrote: >Hi, >I have a acces...

Autofilter on protected work book?
Autofilter works on a protected workbook, but not when it is a line in a macro, e.g.: Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="YES" It cause a macro error. This is true even if I enable 'Allow all user of the workbook to Use Autofilter'. I'm sure I've done this before and it worked, but not now. Does anyone know if this is a bug in 2003? Or a way around it? Or another way of selecting a number of rows by a single criterion (in a macro)? Good morning Muppet Does this article help? http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect HTH DominicB -- ...

Adding a button with a function on protected sheets.
How do i add a button to 'reset/clear' the data on a worksheet that is protected and uses VLookup data (from another worksheet). Everyday this table will have data chosen from combo boxes or manually entered in allowable editable fields and at the end of the day after the files is saved, I need to clear that data for use on the next day. How is this Reset button applied with allowable edit ranges, VLookup data and a protected worksheet? Thanks There's several ways to do this. 1. Instead of straight vlookups, use =IF(ISBLANK(VLOOKUP(....)),"",VLOOKUP(....)) wher...

protect a document so it cannot be amended by others but it can b.
Hi is there a way in Excel that I can password protect a document so only I can make changes but others can read it and filter it when they require information. I have tried to put a password on but it wont let anyone else use the filters in the spreadsheet. Please help! Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "S_H" <S_H@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6BBCEC50-43CA-4652-B62F-79F1BDD8DDF9@microsoft.com... > Hi is there a way in Excel that I can password protect a document so only ...

Can you link 2 worksheets together?
Say i have one worksheet and on my second one I want to reference cells from the first one? is there a formula for that>? To create a simple link: Select a cell in the second worksheet Type an equal sign Select the first sheet Click on the cell that you want to link Press the Enter key. Alesha wrote: > Say i have one worksheet and on my second one I want to reference cells from > the first one? is there a formula for that>? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Importing #3
I had a previous version of Money and just got a new computer with Money 2004. I have a backup disk made with the info from the previous version. How can I import that into the new version? File|Restore?!? <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:075a01c3d169$a360b0a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I had a previous version of Money and just got a new > computer with Money 2004. I have a backup disk made with > the info from the previous version. How can I import that > into the new version? ...

Cannot publish or export in Deployment Manager
When I click on "Publish Customization" or "Export Customization" I get an error: Runtime Error! Program: C:\windows\system32\mmc.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? What can be causing this, it was working before? Thanks in advance, Bilge Gul ...

Export or convert .qrp files to HTML
Hi all, great forum - Does anyone know how to export or convert any given .qrp report into an HTML or other web format? Could it be possible to open a .qrp in it's native format? I've seen a company online (Sabletooth) that converts Report Builder (.qrp) files into Crystal, but I think they are only offering consulting services. Thanks in advance for your help. At the top of the report it gives you several options(print, save, etc.) the fourth or fifth from the left(not quite sure which one by memory)is the one to export. It gives you several options. One of which is to expo...

passeord Protect for excel formula and VBA code
Hi, i have excel sheet its contain lot of formula and VBA(macro) code, its for used for user purpose, i need how to protect the formula and VBA at the time of user using. kindly let me know , kindly help me out i need user password : for user can upload the data in non restriction cell, admin password : can change any thing(change power) pls help me, Please ask on the Excel board. "deen" wrote: > Hi, > > i have excel sheet its contain lot of formula and VBA(macro) code, > > its for used for user purpose, > > i need how to protect the formula and ...

Export PDF information into Microsoft Excel
What do you do with your data that's stuck in your PDF forms? FDF Decoder from Spotted Dingo Inc., gives you the ability to quickly turn your useless PDF information into a data mine of valuable information. FDF Decoder is a desktop application which creates csv files from your pdf interactive forms (acroforms) in individual or batch file mode. You then can easily import your information into Microsoft Excel to create intelligent spread sheets which can then be entered into databases and aid you in your statistical analysis. FDF Decoder works with the PDF's exported Form Data (FDF...

How to prevent line breaks in XML file?
I am creating XML from SQL2000 using a vb.net page, then posting it to a remote server as a string. The remote server requires that the xml contain no line breaks, but there are some ntext fields in the database that contain long text with line breaks. How do I get rid of the line breaks? Can I do this with the XmlTextWriter, or do I need to handle each affected field seperately before handing it to the XmlTextWriter? Thanks Leslie les wrote: > How do I get rid of the line breaks? Can I do this with the > XmlTextWriter, or do I need to handle each affected field seperately > bef...

HTML Table import
Hi, I have a HTML document which contains a large data of data. When this html file is imported into excel some of the columns get out of whack. eg. Some columns are removed completely. This html renders ok in IE but get corrupted or misread when imported into excel, mainly when the table gets big. eg. It generally happens after the 10000 row mark. Any suggestions? Do you import it through data>import external data>new web query? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "Ryan Hafey" <Ryan Hafey@discussion...

Exporting Daily Z-reports from MRS to Quickbooks
Hello all, Basicly im trying to figure out how to export the daily Z-reports from Microsoft Retail Systems 1.2 to Quickbooks (I believe 2005) in 3 steps or fewer. Ideally, there should be a way to do this without exporting the data to a file, but rather do it directly from MRS after posting the z-report. If anyone can help please let me know if you are using the US version of Quickbooks, the ability to post directly from RMS to QB is built in - you just need to set it up and assign your accounts. Ask your RMS reseller and Accountant/Bookkeeper for help - usually takes about 2 hours t...