If value in cell Then perform function #2

Hi Guys

Many thanks for the solutions - they both work!

Emm

--
emm808
emm8080's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1185

Compatibility #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) We use MS Office on both PC and Mac in our office and have massive problems opening up Office Documents on the Mac that were put together on PC's, the formatting gets totally messed up, how do I get around this ? In article <59b777c9.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, <David_Marriott@officeformac.com> wrote: > We use MS Office on both PC and Mac in our office and have massive problems > opening up Office Documents on the Mac that were put together on PC's, the > formatting gets totally messed up, how do I get a...

How To Create UI Automation Test Suites for VC++ 7.2 Application
Hi All Envoirement -: VC++ 7.2 OS -: Win 2000,XP As i can Develop UI Automation Test Suite For .NET Application Plz Anyone tell me,Can I Develop this Tool for VC++7.2 Application ? If yes ,How ? plz suggest me for it. Regards Tarandeep Singh tarandeep@abosoftware.com Fundamentally, this is hard. There are some commercial programs out there that do this, but getting a test suite that works well, particularly in all resolutions, and is fully scriptable, is a nontrivial problem (well, let's put it this way: I would not accept a fixed-price contract to do this, and wou...

Install Office X on 2 Desktops
I have recently purchased and installed Office X on my iMac (did not register yet) I would like to know if I can also install same on my new G5 and register at that time? I can uninstall from iMac if required. Can I do 2 desktops in lieu of a desktop and a laptop? Unfortunately installing Office X on two desktops is prohibited by the terms of the EULA, and many people have posted here regarding the fact that on many occasions doing this prevents the application from launching. You'll need to uninstall the software from one of the desktop machines. You have no limitations on product regi...

setting up multiple email accounts #2
I followed the rules for setting up the pop3 and smtp accounts for multiple mail accounts, but when I access outlook express the additiona account does not recognize the password I've asked it to remember. HELP! KCB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I followed the rules for setting up the pop3 and smtp > accounts for multiple mail accounts, but when I access > outlook express the additiona account does not recognize > the password I've asked it to remember. HELP! Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Move to match cells
A B C D E 1 000801025-8 009601025-3 2007 000801025-8 2007 2 000801026-9 009601026-4 2004 000801026-9 2004 3 000801028-1 009601028-6 2006 000801028-1 2006 4 000801036-8 009601036-3 2008 000801036-8 2008 5 000801044-5 009601044-0 2007 000801044-5 2007 6 000801044-5 009601055-0 2004 000801055-5 2004 7 000801055-5 009601064-8 2001 000801064-3 2001 8 000801055-5 009601091-2 2006 000801091-7 2006 9 000801064-3 009601095-6 2002 000801095-1 2002 10 000801091-7 009601097-8 1998 000801097-3 1998 11 000801091-7 009601098-9 2004 000801098-...

Results from blank linked cells
I am linking cells from different worksheets in the same workbook, using the copy/paste/link cell method. How can I get a blank space (as opposed to the zero I am presently getting), in the destination, if the source cell is blank. I am linking a input sheet to several forms that must be sent out, but I don't want a form that will have a number of zeros in it. =if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1) If the linked cell looks empty, show empty, else show the value. Mr. Anolog wrote: > > I am linking cells from different worksheets in the same workbook, using the &g...

format changes when copying from one cell to another
I'm sure this is simple, but it is not clear to me... I am copying the contents of a group of cells that exist on one worksheet to another. In Sheet2, I tell cell A1 that it should equal Sheet1's A1 value. That works fine. But if the cell is blank on Sheet1, it comes up as "0" on Sheet2. I figured it was probably assuming numeric formatting, but when I right-click > format cell on both Sheet1 and Sheet2, both show up as "general", so why would Sheet2 take a blank value and populate it with "0" ?? I gather than you are putting a formula in one...

Case select returning error when cell contains #N/A : how must i avoid this error
Title says it all Thanks, Luc maybe this will do what you want Sub test() If Not IsError(Range("C1").Value) Then Select Case Range("C1").Value Case 1 MsgBox "1" Case 2 MsgBox "2" End Select End If End Sub -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Luc" <lferr@live.be> wrote in message news:7AB07996-F1EE-41C1-8D9D-8A7DA54CED91@microsoft.com... > Title says it all > > Thanks, > > Luc Thanks for your help !!!!! Luc "Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasAtMSN.com> schreef in berich...

How to slant cells in Excel on top of chart at about 45 degrees
Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree angle with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? ckricci Wrote: > Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree > angle > with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? HI ckricci Try Format > Cells > Alignment Tab and set the Orientation to 45 degress -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2...

Array Function Question
I have little knowledge of Array Function. I'm updating a spreadsheet developed by someone else. One array formula trying to lookup data in another spreadsheet looks like below: {=SUM(IF([Data]Data!$A$3:$A$70>=DATEVALUE("01/01/2006"),IF(Data]Data!$A$3:$A$70<=DATEVALUE("03/01/2006"),IF(Data]Data!B$1:$AR$1=A5,Data]Data!$B$3:$AR$38))))} I was told to press Ctrl/Shift/Enter to refrsh the data and it worked last time(3 months ago). But this time the cell won't refresh but shows the formula text. The formula should be fine. Did I miss anything to refresh...

Excel 97 dropdown function box
The dropdown function box on the Formula Bar show formulas but will no longer show "More Functions". How can I get this item back? ...

retain only rows with condition that cells in column H containing "AU"
I have a large database containing columns with one column specifies the product name. In one instances, I need to retain only rows with condition that cells in column H containing "AU" of the entire string in the cell. Delete those rows without it. The problem is , that the AU of the string can appear in any position, not a fixed position. Is there any simple way of doing it? Many Thanks! Regards, Bora Hi, You can use AutoFilter. Choose the command Data, Filter, AutoFilter. Then open the autofilter drop down in the column H and choose Custom and from the first drop down, t...

Assigning values to a symbol
Hi there, Is it possible to assign a symbol (in this case a � ) to a value i.e. 1 and then have them added at the end of the row? And if so how? TIA -- Cheers Stephen sdoyle@bis.school.nz Any symbol with a 1 assigned to it can be "counted", and then used in calculations. =COUNTIF(A1:Z1,"^") OR =SUM(B1,COUNTIF(A1:Z1,"^")) -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------...

validation list or combo box dependant on cell value
Am i able to determine the values shown in either a validation list or combo box being dependant on a value in another cell? ie: Cell A1 = BOB then validation or combo box would then base it's list from the named range (or whatever the solution may be) based on Bob. if i was to change A1 to ROY then it would also change the underlying list? I have tried everything that i think SHOULD work but that it pretty limited... thanks in advance rich I'd start with Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Richard Edwards wrote: > > Am i able to deter...

worksheet labels based on cell results
How can I build a macro to use the contents of several cells in a column to label a corresponding number of worksheets with their contents. Ideally this would also build links to the tabs so that a user could click on a specific cell (in that column) and be redirected to the corresponding worksheet Thanks, Mitch Hi for labeling the tab try something like activesheet.name=activesheet.range("A1").value For the second question try using a Hyperlink (Insert - Hyperlink) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mitch wrote: > How can I build a macro to use the contents of ...

how to compare 2 values in a report (Invoice Total vs Payments)
while running a report how would I set a message "out of balance" if my invoice amount (Table 1 ) does not equal the value of my total payments (table 2). If the values were the same then no message would be printed. Thank You Create a new command button to check the report before you print it. You will have to enter code for the button along the lines of: If [Invoice Total] <> [Payments] Then MsgBox "This account is out of balance" Endif "Rita" wrote: > while running a report how would I set a message "out of balance" if > my invo...

Problems performing a restore to a SAN drive
We recently move our message stores to SAN. I've tried to perform a restore to a recovery storage group on the SAN and am not able to do it. We use Ultrabac as our backup application, but I've tried NTBackup also and am getting the following errors in the App logs: Information Store (3576) Callback function call ErrESECBRestoreGetDestination ended with error 0xC7FE1F42 Database not found. and Failed to find a database to restore to from the Microsoft Active Directory. Storage Group specified on the backup media is e0d4e0af-f91a-490d-9b40-47e27b9fb714. Database speci...

Counting Distinct Values
Hi, Hope you all had a good Christmas. Is there a way to count the number of distinct values that appear in a column either by a formula or macro? ie. in this list it would return the value 4 as orange appears twice so should only be counted once. apple orange pear orange grape Thanks in advance, GW -- giantwolf ------------------------------------------------------------------------ giantwolf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24718 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496644 This should work for you. =SU...

Password protected #2
i have a spreadsheet is protected and requires a password...problem is dont know the password and i need to edit the sheet! Anyone got any tips.... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Crack it by installing this free utility at: http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >i have a spreadsheet is protected and requires a password...problem is i >dont know the password and i need to edit the sheet! > >Anyone got any tips....? > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > >. > ...

Outlook Security Settings #2
I am trying to use Outlook security settings. I have installed the settings precisely as described on the MS site and the settings work perfectly for me and one or two others but not for the rest of my defined group. We are using Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003 and Outlook XP. I cannot find any debugging or logging info anywhere and am a little stuck as to what to do next. Can anyone offer any ideas??? jON ...

Need disk # 2 for Home Publishing Premium 2000
The #2 disk of a (6) disk set in my Home Publishing Premium 2000 was demolished in my CD drive. This is the setup disk and since the CD is no longer available from Microsoft I need a copy badly. Is there anyone that can successfully copy a #2 disk? I will be more than happy to pay anyone for there trouble. Patsy wrote: > The #2 disk of a (6) disk set in my Home Publishing > Premium 2000 was demolished in my CD drive. This is the > setup disk and since the CD is no longer available from > Microsoft I need a copy badly. Is there anyone that can > successfully copy a #2 dis...

IN EXCEL, WHEN I CLICK ONA SINGLE CELL It HIGHLIGHTS WHOLE Page
please help Hi maybe: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:36180425-96C2-4368-9DE0-3E60741154FF@microsoft.com... > please help Just click on a cell and nothing else? Or perhaps you mean click on a cell then as you move the cursor around other cells are selected like the cursor is stuck? If the former, you must have some event code which selects the cells or you are clicking on the gray box at intersect of rows and columns(top left above ro...

if value not found in table ?
Hello all I need to display a msgbox if a value is not found in a table. Something like: If value not_in table.field then msgbix end if I know that code wont work is just an ilustration of what i am looking for Thanks in advance Use DLookup() to see if the value is in the table. If it's not found, the result will be Null. So, use IsNull() to test the result. Here's how to get your Dlookup() expression working: Getting a value from a table: DLookup() at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access us...

Help with cells auto formatting
Hi, I have posted a similar question before however I never really got this sorted so sorry for repeating myself. Basically I use two spreadsheets daily at work all with various information on and various formats in each Column. My problem is when I close the spreadsheet and reopen it the cells that are formatted as 'general' or 'number' turn into Euro currencies. Does anyone know why this happens or how I can stop it? The spreadsheets aren't stored locally they are stored on a serve that only myself and my boss can get onto and we both have the same p...

Displaying Sheet Tabs Names in Cells
Can anyone tell me if there is a way for me to display the Name of a Sheet Tab in a cell. Take for example I have 4 worksheets, labelled Shawn, Kevin, Mary, & Data. In data, I want it to show the name of the worksheets. So in Cell A4 I would like it to say Shawn, then in B4 I can put Shawn's data in. Is there a function or a formula that allows me to do this. Thanks for any help. Hi Maybe this UDF will do for you. ------ Public Function TabI(TabIndex As Integer) As String Application.Volatile TabI = Sheets(TabIndex).Name End Function ------ Insert the function in...