IF two conditions aren't met enter nothing

In G6 I have the formula: =IF(SUM(E6)>0,(G4+E6),IF(SUM(F6)>0,(G4-F6)))

The formula works as it is but if neither condition is met it returns
FALSE. I would like it to return nothing. I know I have to put ""
somewhere, but everywhere I try it doesn't work.

PLEASE HELP

--
AnnaV
AnnaV's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9619

=IF(E6>0,G4+E6,IF(F6>0,G4-F6,""))

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

---------------
>AnnaV's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?
action=getinfo&userid=9619
>View this thread:
>
>.

0
Jason
11/10/2004 3:58:54 PM
Try this:

=IF(E6>0,G4+E6,IF(F6>0,G4-F6,""))

--
Regards

Juan Pablo Gonz�lez

"AnnaV" <AnnaV.1fiidb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> In G6 I have the formula: =IF(SUM(E6)>0,(G4+E6),IF(SUM(F6)>0,(G4-F6)))
>
> The formula works as it is but if neither condition is met it returns
> FALSE. I would like it to return nothing. I know I have to put ""
> somewhere, but everywhere I try it doesn't work.
>
> PLEASE HELP
>

> --
> AnnaV
> AnnaV's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9619
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=277011

0
JuanPablo1 (72)
11/10/2004 3:58:56 PM
Try

---------------
>AnnaV's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?
action=getinfo&userid=9619
>View this thread:
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Money 2005: entering bond buy transaction results in total amount/
Hi everyone: I've entered several bonds I have in Europe (in EUR) in a new Microsoft Money 2005 file. The bond price was €1,000. I have one of them. This is recorded correctly. I did not enter a commission or accrued interest. However, the total amount shows as only €10.00. I can't say why this is happening. Any ideas? Thanks, SA. Yup. Because you enter the bond price in percent of face value. To quote a US version help file "In the Price box, enter the price of the bond, which is usually a percentage of the face value. For example, for a bond bought at $97.75 per $100...

Run two copies of Outlook with different profiles
Hello! I'm trying to run two copies of Outlook with different (outlook)profiles at the same time. Normally i can choose the profile with the /profile switch, but if there is already a copy of outlook running, this switch seems to be ignored. Any ideas how to handle this are welcome. Regards, Reinhard "Reinhard" <reinhard.spieker@bkvibro.de> wrote in message news:60a7e218.0311190408.6523100b@posting.google.com... > Hello! > > I'm trying to run two copies of Outlook with different > (outlook)profiles at the same time. > > Normally i can choose the p...

Infopath w/ manually entered values in drop-down and qry results
I had originally posted this elsewhere, but was told this forum is the appropariate plase. I have an Infopath form with a drop-down listbox, that is poulated with manually-entered values. I choose a value, submit the updated data, and it does put the correct value in the SQL 2005 database. However, the next time I query the data, the value in the drop-down list box is the default value for the list-box, not the value from the database, which is misleading. I would have expected the drop-down listbox to display the value from the database instead. Thanks. On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, in...

PrintPreview
Hello, I developed a VC++/MFC SDI application. The program supports PrintPreview. However, I only want the user to go forward ("Next Page") and not backward ("Prev Page"). How do I hide the "Prev Page" and "Two Page" buttons? TIA, Jacques Hello All, I found a nice Print Preview replacement toolbar (with bitmap buttons) on codeguru. To hide the "Prev Page" and "Two Page" buttons, simply remove them from the CMyPreviewView::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) method. The article was written by Robin J. Leatherbarrow. Thank...

Conditional Formating: linking to display another cell
Hello, I am trying to make a traffic light with symbols and I've read to 'use a separate cell for the dropdown choices, with their resulting value linked into the formatted cell through an IF function, using the character that you want to display.' So: =IF someone enters '1' in B8, THEN display contents of $C$4 (will it display font and attributes?) =IF someone enters '2' in B8, THEN display contents of $C$5 =IF someone enters '3' in B8, THEN display contents of $C$6 But I've been reading everywhere and CF is very new to me and I need ...

Two charts, one on top with transparent chart area
I would like to take two charts, placing one on top of the other with the top chart having a transparent chart area (As though I were laying one overhead transparency on top of the other). I can't seem to find a way to make the chart area transparent. Selecting "None" for the chart border and area leaves a white background. Any ideas? Thanks! Nyle Elison nyle_elison@byu.edu You should also format the plot area with None for area and borders. Jon Peltier has some code to align charts: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/AlignCharts.html Nyle Elison wro...

One calendar instead of two?
Hi, Is it possible to use only one calendar rather than two as I have at the moment? Private Sub cmdCollected_Click() ocxCalendarCollected.Visible = True If Not IsNull(txtDateCollected) Then ocxCalendarCollected.Value = txtDateCollected.Value Else ocxCalendarCollected = Date End If End Sub Private Sub cmdReady_Click() ocxCalendarReady.Visible = True If Not IsNull(txtDateReady) Then ocxCalendarReady.Value = txtDateReady.Value Else ocxCalendarReady = Date End If End Sub Private Sub ocxCalendarColle...

compare cells in two columns
I'm trying to figure out how to get Excel to compare data in two columns and flag cells that are not in the other column. Thanks, Dave H. One way .. Assuming the "master" data list is in col A, A1 down, and the other data is in col B, B1 down you could put in C1: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B1,A:A,0)),"","x") and copy C1 down until the last row of data in col B Col C will flag an "x" for those data in col B not found in col A -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Easydoesit&qu...

Forms in two differant views

Creating conditional clause in a module
I am in the process of writing module using vba in ACCESS 2003 which imports forecasted financial data from a particular excel file based on three inputs. I am trying to include an "error check" that will end the process if the three inputs do not match specific data in the excel file. I'm not sure how to go about doing this. Do you have any ideas what the best way to do this would be? Below is the code I have for the import part so far if that is helpful. Sub Test1() Dim ImportDir As String Dim Forecast As String Dim Version As String Dim Country As Stri...

Lookup two columns
I want to compare the contents of two (adjacent) cells in one sheet with two adjacent cells in another sheet (within one workspace) and if the *pair* of cells are the same, deliver the value in the cell a few columns along (if you know what I mean - like lookup but comparing two cells). The cells are not sorted. Any ideas? Cheers. Bobby If you are comparing A1-B1 sheet 1 to A1-B1 sheet 2, then =IF(AND(Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1,Sheet1!B1=Sheet2!B1),"They match","no match") If you have to "lookup" A1-B1 against the whole columns of A and B on sheet2, then kyou co...

Calculate the % increase for two columns
I have a pivot table, the data was first display by date, i know i can use the grouping function to group data into monthly basis. But I want to know that can I set the formula to calculate the months difference between, say the sales amount of June & July, and the % of the difference?? Million thanks If you have a grouped field, you won't be able to add a calculated item to the pivot table. In the source data, you could add a column to calculate the month for each record. Refresh the pivot table, and add the new field Add another copy of the Data field to the data area Right-c...

enter value in a cell from a combo box
How to build a combo box to be able to select a value and enter in the cell 1. Go to View > Toolbars > Control Toolbox 2. Click on the "Combobox" icon once and draw one on your worksheet (hold down the ALT button to fit to a cell). 3. Right-click on the Combobox and go to Properties. 4. In the ListFillRange type in the range of cells that contain the values to fill the combobox, like A1:A5. 5. In the LinkedCell field type a cell reference that will contain the user's selection (ie E2). 6. Click on the Exit Design Mode icon and close the toolbar. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA ...

Conditional Format
Hi, I want to assign a number to a certain conditional format. When the condition is true it should put a 1 in the cell and when the condition is false a zero or nothing should be assigned. Anyone? I seem to make the wrong code all the time. Thanks, Johanna Use the same test that the CF uses, and return 1 for TRUE and "" for FALSE. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Jootje" <Jootje@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB0B3201-2DD9-466A-94FF-108691C77FAF@microsoft.com... > Hi, > >...

Four Conditional Formats?
Dear all, I am attempting to set up a template for someone else to use on another machine, and wish conditional format a cell such that it has four potential formats. The first is based on an adjacent cell value, and if this is met, then it is colour 1. The remaining three, are all AND statements involving the first cell and another cell value being less than date A, less than date B or less than date C. Is this possible to do? I have limited VB knowledge, and am wary of using add-ins as the people I am sending this to to use have limited excel knowledge. Regards, Steve -- stevepain -...

Dual Boot
I have two physical hard drives (IDE) - each running a single copy of XP Pro/SP2. How can I have the computer somehow prompt me for which HD I want to use when the computer starts up? I have been physically switching the power cable and IDE ribbon cable to the drive I want to use, while leaving the other drive completely disconnected (both power and IDE). My understanding of "standard" dual boot techniques (which I could easily google for) is that those techniques assume two OS installations on a single hard drive... which is NOT my situation... thus the question here. Thanks...

lost two months of received emails
Help I lost about 2 months of received emails. They are not in my deleted folder. I already tried the pst restore utility. Thanks ...

[Money 2004] Entering stock lots
I closed one account and transferred the stocks to another new account. In the new account there was a Transfer In transaction. I made the mistake of deleting the old account and lost the cost data. I can get the info from the backup, of course, but can enter in the lots for stocks without recreating the old account? ...

Show Distribution info when entering A/P
NWhe entering Vendor Bills, show the distribution information on the first screen. GP only uses 1/3 of the screen now, so there is pleanty of room. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowse...

Public Folder Migration between two separate Exchange Orgs
We migrated our Exchange users using Mail Migration wizard from one Exchange 2003 Organization to another. Does PFMigrate allow to migrate Public Folders between organizations? Please help. Thanks Nope, just intra-organization migration. You'll need the Inter-Organization Replication Tool (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E7A951D7-1559-4F8F-B400-488B0C52430E&displaylang=en) Nice articles: "Configuring the InterOrg Replication Tool" http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Configuring-InterOrg-Replication-Tool.html "Inter-Organization Replication...

entering Unicode characters
Hi everybody, I have a MFC app with a dialog with a Rich Edit control. I need to enter Unicode characters. When I enter Alt+nnn, I get the corresponding Unicode character (for example Alt+937 gives the greek letter omega). When I do the same with a normal edit field (not Rich Edit) I get another character (looks like french e) - probably it gets converted to ANSI. I need to be able to enter Unicode characters in the standard edit fields using the Alt+nnn method. How can I achieve that? Can I enable it somehow or do I have to implement it? I am using Windows 2000, VS 6.0. thanks for a...

Conditional SUBTOTAL
A1=5 B1=Red A2=7 B2=Blue A3=2 B3=Red A4=4 B4=Red A5=6 B5=Blue I know if I have SUBTOTAL(4,A1:A5) the result will be 7, but how can I specify I only want the SUBTOTAL function to consider items in the range that match a corresponding value in the B column. For example if I have the same function, SUBTOTAL(4,A1:A5) but I want it only to look at corresponding Red values such that the result should be 5 as it would only be looking at A1, A3 & A4. This would permit me to find the highest value in the range of A1:A5 that were of Red. Is there a reason you didn't us...

Excel should let me enter time in one hundreds of a second.
I am a volunteer Track & Field coach for 13 years, and would like to use Excel to keep my team's satistics. But am unable to enter time as minutes, seconds, tenth of seconds, or hundreth of seconds. Probably because I don't know how to do it without converting minutes to seconds. Sure would be nice to be able to enter exact times and query for totals and averages. Hopefully the newer version of Excel/Office will have this capability, and that I can afford it. I would rather use Office then have to purchase a seperate program called "Team Manager" ------------...

Showing totals from two columns
Is there a way to show the totals from two columns? For example, say I have the number 15 in column A and 7 in column B, I need column C to look like this: 15, 7 But instead I can only get them to appear together giving me 157??? Are there any suggestions? Thanks! Try A1 & ", " & B1 Art "Kristin" wrote: > Is there a way to show the totals from two columns? > For example, say I have the number 15 in column A and 7 in column B, I need > column C to look like this: > > ...

Two companies on SBS
Is it possible to implement CRM for two different companies on a Small Business Server? "sort of". Some things to consider: 1. Are both companies sharing the same Active Directory? Natively, not just using things like email - are their computers authenticating to the domain? 2. You could use the SAME instance of CRM, and create Business Units. If they want drastically different views, however, that could be difficult to set up for them. 3. If you want two separate instances of CRM - then you need an additional web/app server for the 2nd company. I belive that second...