if the cell value exceeds the limit to have a dialog box appear

Is there a way that, if the cell value exceeds a certain limit, a dialog box
would appear?

Thanks for any assistance.

Dave

0
Dschro (2)

Check Data Validation:

Select the cells
Data>Data Validation
Allow: (check out the number options: whole number, decimal, etc)

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"Dschro" wrote:

> Is there a way that, if the cell value exceeds a certain limit, a dialog box
> would appear?
>
> Thanks for any assistance.
>
> Dave

Ron,

Here's the scenario -- on an Expense Report:

 If an employee was to fill in any amount in the 'Entertainment' column, a
dialog box would pop up asking them to fill out another form needed as
documentation for that expense.

And

If they entered an amount >$50 for their 'Total Meals' (including breakfast,
lunch and dinner) for any particular day, then the same dialog box would
appear.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

> Check Data Validation:
>
> Select the cells
> Data>Data Validation
> Allow: (check out the number options: whole number, decimal, etc)
>
> Does that help?
>
> ***********
> Regards,
> Ron
>

> "Dschro" wrote:
>
> > Is there a way that, if the cell value exceeds a certain limit, a dialog box
> > would appear?
> >
> > Thanks for any assistance.
> >
> > Dave

0
Dschro (2)

Using variable names for cells
I seem to remember a technique where I could assign a variable name to the contents of a cell so that whenever I wanted to use the contents, all I had to do was call up the variable name. Unfortunately I cannot find the way to set up the process. Any suggestsions or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks and a Happy New Year. -- Take out the trash to reply '05 FLHTCUI Hi dim rng as range set rng=activesheet.range("A1") msgbox rng.value -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ultraglide wrote: > I seem to remember a technique where I could assign a variable name to >...

Average formula where blank cells are counted as zeros
I am trying to write an average formula that takes into account the blank cells. I had only cells A2, A4, A6 filled out, but when I do =average(A1:A6), it is not treating the blanks as zeros so the answer is much higher than it should be. Should I do a logic formula within the cells? If you know the range, you could do the division yourself: =sum(a1:a6)/6 But this would include other non-numeric cells in the count of cells (6), too. krwelling wrote: > > I am trying to write an average formula that takes into account the blank > cells. > > I ha...

Excel Drop Down Boxes #2
Question; does anybody know how to add additional data to a previous drop down box? I have created a form that has several drop down boxes a while ago, and due to some information that has been change I need to input more info in the drop down boxes but for some odd reason I cant remember how I executed these actions!! If it helps I am using Excel 2000. -- CRS ------------------------------------------------------------------------ CRS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27444 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46...

Find MAX data in sheet (Cell)
How would one go about finding the cell that contains the MAX info, o say any/all cells that exceeds 8,000 characters/spaces in a Excel page -- confuzedagai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- confuzedagain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2943 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49148 1. Highlight the entire document 2. Select Format->Conditional Formatting 3. Select "Formula Is" 4. Input this formula =LEN(A1)>8000 5. Format with something obvious like green bac...

Dialog Focus problem
Hello everyone, I am implementing a Popup window (like Outlook's new message or messenger's someone-signed-in window) based on a CDialog derived window. In order not to interfere with the user's experience, I don't want my dialog window to capture the focus when it shows, so I return FALSE in OnInitDialog. This is working well, until I click a button on the popup window that, in turn, closes the window. The next time the popup window appears after this, it is capturing the focus. I already tried to send a window message to another window when the user clicks the button, an...

Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in Set Program Access and Defaults
I just installed Office 2007 Pro but for some reason Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in my "set program access and defaults". Outlook Express appears as my only option and Outlook Express appears in the e- mail slot on my start menu. Any ideas why? You must uninstall any prior version of Outlook and re-run setup using a = custom installation and make Outlook available. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching...

Box when opening File
Quick question...When I open up one of my saved files, Visio automatically puts some kind of box (function box possibly) around my heading and some of the text. I'll take it off and save and it isn't there. But when I close the file and then open it up again later it's there again. I try to delete the box but it deletes my text with it. I can't resize or delete the box (actually conjoined boxes) by itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to call...214-981-6324. Thanks! Try changing the line weight of the shape to none. John... Visio MVP Nee...

Cells not sorting right with other worksheets
I have some problems!!! First I have multiple worksheets in a workbook. And in one column that has some names. and the columns next to them has data which is yes/no go/ngo for each person. If I add a person it will update itself in each worksheet. But I need to sort it. So I sort it and it sorts fine in the worksheet I'm working in. But with the other worksheets it sorts it but the data for each person doesn't stay with the person... I hope I explained this problem to where someone can understand. PLEASE HELP!!! How do you have the referencews set between each worksheet? &qu...

How to find cells with links to other workbooks?
I have a spreadsheet which shows under the edit menu links to other workbooks. I have tried to find where the links are without success. Is there a easy wy of finding such links? Hi you may try http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm and search for Findlink.zip (http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip) "Bathonian" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet which shows under the edit menu links to other > workbooks. I have tried to find where the links are without success. Is there > a easy wy of finding such links? ...

Summing cells in pivot tables
I have a problem summing cells in a pivot table. When I double-click on a cell that I want to add, the formula from that cell gets added. Eventually I run out of characters. Is there a way to switch how the cell gets picked up. I can manually enter the cell addresses that I am trying to sum but that takes forever. Thanks, Ted There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Ted wrote: > I have a problem summing cells in a pivot table. When I double-cli...

to extract multiple values from an array
Hi, I am into Image processing industry, for each job we create unique code in excel, we Process 20 jobs in a day, I want to list all the job Code in "summary of the day sheet" that we complete for the particular day . On Dec 30, 4:56=A0am, ratan h <ratha...@nextgenalbums.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am into Image processing industry, for each job we create unique > code in excel, we Process 20 jobs in a day, I want to list all the job > Code in "summary of the day sheet" that we complete for the particular > day . Not enough info but, assuming you are...

Search box within access or third party addon to do such?
I have an access database with 6 columns. I am putting in an inventory of all of my items with their corresponding sizes and weights, etc. I will have over 2000 lines/records when I am done. What I want to do, is either create something withing Access, or find a third party add0on, that will allow me to search within the fields, and return the corresponding results here is what I have for example category style size width weight notes sample 1abc 5 2.2 2.1 sample 1add 3 2.5 2.1 for turning stock 3bbb 3 ...

Conditional format if cell=0 then font colour same as background .
I have linked a cell from another sheet. If the original cell is blank, 0 shows in the linked cell (text would be typed in source cell). To handle this, I conditionally formatted the linked cell, so if it equals zero, the font colour is the same as the background colour of the cell so you can't see the zero But the zero still prints even though it is not showing prior to printing Try the formula =IF(Sheet1!F14="","",Sheet1!F14) in the linked cell. HTH Sandy -- to e-mail direct replace @mailintor.com with @tiscali.co.uk "Paligap" <Paligap@discu...

Adjusting Text box size
In Access 2007, after creating a form using the wizard, all of the text boxes created for entering data are the same size. When I try to adjust the width of one, they all change width. How can I unlock or change this feature? I have deleted a box, and then re-added it. This sometimes works -- however if you get the size close to the size of the other boxes, it “locks in” again. I appreciate all sincere answers. Ron ah yes....a new feature in 07... in Design View; select the 'Arrange' tab then on the left side of my ribbon is: Tabular Stacked Remove You want t...

Refresh pivot chart when info in a cell changes
To all, I am looking for help with a Macro. What I ultimately want to do is refresh a pivot chart when the user makes a selection from a list (in a data validation cell). For example, I am an end user that selects my territory from a "drop down". The pivot chart will update to the information that is directly related to my territory. Thanks in advance for your help. Excel 2007, PivotTable With Table dependent drop-downs instead of data validation drop-downs. With non-event-driven macros. http://www.mediafire.com/file/ygzjqyi2j1x/03_09_10.xlsm ...

Display value of cell
Using Excel 2000 In a cell the formula shows instead of the value/result, how do I correct this? I want to see the formula. Reply to kdfoxca@yahoo.com Thanks. Are all formulas cells show the formulas or just one? Maybe you have a space before the = (Excel think it is text now) Or your cell is format as text -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Kenya" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:050b01c3942b$e28b7240$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Using Excel 2000 > In a cell the formula shows instead of the value/resul...

is it possible to have datasheet smart tags appear in a form?
is it possible to have datasheet smart tags appear in a form? Thanks ...

Unwanted Task Pane (Clipboard) keeps appearing.
Every time I upgrade to a new version of MS software, I get these stupid new behaviors shoved down my throat. Now, dont' get me wrong. New behavior is fine--provided it's turned OFF by default, not ON. In Excel 2002, when I press Ctrl-C or Ctrl-X to copy or move something, the stupid Task Pane appears at right (with Clipboard content). Perversely--not always, just sometimes. This never happened in my older Excel. Every time it happens, I've gotta manually kill it. In Tools / Options / View tab, I tried clearing the "Startup Task Pane" checkbox, but obviously it has no ...

Calculating or Adding Values that are 0
I have three fields that I need to total. When i do run the total nothing appears because one of the fields has a 0 value. The expression is not counting 0 values, how do I work around this? Is the value actually zero or Null? If it is null then use the NZ function like this -- Nz([Field1], 0) + Nz([Field2], 0) + Nz([Field3], 0) -- Build a little, test a little. "blanch2010" wrote: > I have three fields that I need to total. When i do run the total nothing > appears because one of the fields has a 0 value. > > The expression is not ...

Cell Reference #3
In a workbook, is it possible to know all the cells where a particular cell is referenced in a calculation. Specifically, if I make a change in one cell, what are all the cells that will be affected. ...

Maximum number of characters in a cell
Is there a way to format a cell so that it can contain more than 255 characters? Bill Hi Bill, > Is there a way to format a cell so that it can contain more than 255 > characters? A cell can contain about 32000 characters, but Excel will display only about a 1000 of them (depending on font and fontsize). Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP http://www.jkp-ads.com If you would add some forced (manual) line breaks (<Alt> <Enter>) in your text at opportune locations, you will find that you can *display* much more text. -- HTH, RD ----------------------------------...

merge cells with a twist
A B C joe @ domain.com trying to merge cells in a row so that column a(joe) b(@) c(domain.com) and that result is joe@domain.com Thank you. =A1&B1&C1 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net> wrote in message news:uaAWelbgFHA.3436@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >A B C > joe @ domain.com > > trying to merge cells in a row so that column a(joe) b(@) c(domain.com) > and > that result is joe@domain.com > Thank you. > > =hyper...

Deleting a word from a Cell
Hi Can anyone help, i am trying to deletel the last word from a Cell My cell currently read: - M04274059519 Total and I need a formula that will delete the "total" word Would really appreciate some help linexe On Jan 21, 7:27=A0am, Linexe <l.clark...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: > Hi > > Can anyone help, i am trying to deletel the last word from a Cell > > My cell currently read: - =A0M04274059519 Total > > and I need a formula that will delete the "total" word > > Would really appreciate some help > > linexe C...

referring cell in macro function
If a create a macro intended to be used as a function in a worksheet is there a property of the referring cell? I want to know what cell the formula is in. Dim callCell As String callCell = Application.Caller.Address Returns the cell address of the cell where the UDF is used. "zxcv" <zxcvnosend@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:aef3cafd-4c52-40a6-8348-ebf957b3abad@a21g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > If a create a macro intended to be used as a function in a worksheet > is there a property of the referring cell? > > I want to know what cell the form...

Encode(quote) attribute value
Hi there, I need to encode the value of an XML attribute, e.g. string myXml = "<element myAttr=\"" + encodeURIComponent("my \"value") + "\"" ...."; Is there an equivalent of encodeURIComponent() javascript function as part of the framework (1.1 or 2.0) which will encode special characters, e.g. double quotes? Thanks, -Oleg. For .NET languages, include the namespace System.Web.HttpServerUtility and call the HtmlEncode method of the Server object. The results are equivalent to the javascript escape() method. ie: for VB.NE...